Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? (628 Views)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:04am On Oct 19, 2022
Had there ever been a case in the whole “History” of Christianity where the “Holy Communion” got poisoned??

I am just asking.
Because, this case had just gotten beyond mere politics.
I want to know where the whole idea of “Poisoned” Holy Communion came from.

1 Like

Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by dawnomike(m): 5:25am On Oct 19, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Had there ever been a case in the whole “History” of Christianity where the “Holy Communion” got poisoned??

I am just asking.
Poisoned communion bread is no longer 'Holy'.
Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by Cryofigbos: 5:46am On Oct 19, 2022
Rest oga.......is nobody's fault that u don't understand English
Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by Kewtt: 5:52am On Oct 19, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:

I am just asking.
Oxymoronic expression .....
Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by caesymore(m): 6:09am On Oct 19, 2022
Even though I can never support BATs presidential ambition. He nailed it there, his Oxymoron used is top notch.

Mana, you see that "rotten to bad ones" either EL Rufai is stupid enough to accept being undermined just for BAT to shine in expressing his lack of competence in turning a rotten situation to a good one or BAT as the Bad Man he is, feels its normal for things to be bad.
Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:22am On Oct 19, 2022
Cryofigbos:
Rest oga.......is nobody's fault that u don't understand English
This is no longer about the correct use of the English Language.

This is now about carelessness, insensitivity, religious intolerance,, and blasphemy.

Is there any English Idiom or parable that has anything to do with “Poisoned” Holy Communion??

Because I have NOT come across anyone before.

So, can I use any careless Oxymoron with the Holy Qur’an, or the name of Prophet Mohammed, and nobody would react negatively to my oxymoron??
Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:27am On Oct 19, 2022
caesymore:
Even though I can never support BATs presidential ambition. He nailed it there, his Oxymoron used is top notch.

Let's not deviate for now..

This is now about carelessness, insensitivity, religious intolerance,, and blasphemy.

Is there any English Idiom or parable that has anything to do with “Poisoned” Holy Communion??

So, can I use any careless Oxymoron with the Holy Qur’an, or the name of Prophet Mohammed, and nobody would react negatively to my oxymoron??
Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:29am On Oct 19, 2022
Kewtt:

Oxymoronic expression .....

Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by caesymore(m): 6:46am On Oct 19, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Let's not deviate for now..

G, no do because other dey do, Christianity is a flexing religion, a religion of peace most Christians get sense pass them Muslims ( no insult meant, just stating the obvious) or do you want to fight for Bread grin
Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by Kewtt: 6:52am On Oct 19, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:

Oh I see..... I can't help you. As a Christian I understand Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. And I take no offence whatsoever.
Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by Cryofigbos: 7:06am On Oct 19, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:

Keep copying and pasting same nonsense reply to everybody.......after u wail finish I wonder if money will enter ur account

Am a Christian and there's no blasphemy in Christianity.......I see no offense in that said statement as a Christian, we have been using d word as poor as a church rat since I was small so rest biko and look for something reasonable to do zombidient
Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by stepone(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2022
Call it "church rat" or "poisoned Holly communion",
Bola Tinubu has just created an Oxymoronic expression for the whole world to add and accept into English language through idiomatic expression. You need to appreciate your own.

BluntCrazeMan:

Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by BluntCrazeMan: 7:15am On Oct 19, 2022
caesymore:

G, no do because other dey do, Christianity is a flexing religion, a religion of peace most Christians get sense pass them Muslims ( no insult meant, just stating the obvious) or do you want to fight for Bread grin
“Fight for Bread”??
Noted..

stepone:
Bola Tinubu has just created an Oxymoronic expression for the whole world to add and accept into English language through idiomatic expression. You need to appreciate your own.

Tinubu is now the newest professor of English who now creates English Oxymorons??
Noted.

As for the rest of you,, keep calm.
More careless speeches would soon be flying around.

Call them Oxymorons if you like.
And also be ready to play your acceptances as level as you can without biases

2 Likes

Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by Cryofigbos: 7:33am On Oct 19, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
“Fight for Bread”??
Noted..

Tinubu is now the newest professor of English who now creates English Oxymorons??
Noted.

As for the rest of you,, keep calm.
More careless speeches would soon be flying around.

Call them Oxymorons if you like.
And also be ready to play your acceptances as level as you can without biases

What do u nw want to do.....mobilize ppl like u to tinubu house to burn the place down or u just want to continue ranting and looking for who to shear in ur stupidity on nairaland.... I have told u to rest and get busy with ur life instead
Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by Maynman: 7:41am On Oct 19, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:

I am just asking.
Yes.
https://www.degruyter.com/document/doi/10.1515/9780691221557/html?lang=en
Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by Kobojunkie: 3:19am On Oct 20, 2022
dawnomike:
Poisoned communion bread is no longer 'Holy'.
What makes the bread and drink "holy" to begin with? undecided

1 Like

Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by IkalaiyeLOTO: 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2022
Good question to ask! cool

Kobojunkie:
What makes the bread and drink "holy" to begin with? undecided
Re: Had There Ever Been A Case Of “Poisoned Holy Communion” Before? by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2022
stepone:
Oxymoronic? Your politicians and their foolishness aside, are you under the assumption that which is Holy cannot also be poisoned? undecided
14 Later, Jesus appeared to the eleven followers while they were eating. He criticized them because they had so little faith. They were stubborn and refused to believe the people who said Jesus had risen from death.
15 He said to them, “Go everywhere in the world. Tell the Good News to everyone.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. But those who do not believe will be judged guilty.
17 And the people who believe will be able to do these things as proof: They will use my name to force demons out of people. They will speak in languages they never learned.
18 If they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be hurt. They will lay their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” - Mark 16 vs 14 - 16

(1) (Reply)

Are The Old Testament's Prophets In Hell Or Purgatory? / No Plan To Impose Taxes On Churches / Is God In Support Of Accumulation Of Riches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.