Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment (19263 Views)

Dino Melaye: Atiku Won’t Allow Wike Pull Down PDP / Okey Bakassi: I Will Vote Obi So Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku Won’t Need Going Abroad / Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by Johnnyessence(m): 7:20am On Oct 19, 2022
Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘Yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment - Chidoka.

A former Minister of Aviation Osita Chidoka says Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) won’t apologise over his Yoruba and Igbo president comment.
The former vice president had in a recent gathering advised northerners to vote for someone from the region in next year’s general election.

What the average Northerner needs is somebody who’s from the North and also understands that part of the country and has been able to build bridges across the country,” the PDP presidential candidate said.

This is what the Northerner needs. It doesn’t need a Yoruba or Igbo candidate. I stand before you as a pan-Nigerian of northern origin.

No Apologies!

The comment had generated heated debates and condemnations from several quarters but Chidoka maintained that Atiku does not need to apologize for the remark.

“I think we need to move beyond these political gimmicks and political gimmickry that goes on when people say one thing, we turn it the other way round and we use it for political ends. The point he is making is a very clear point – that we need a Nigerian president, somebody that would unify the country, will understand the issues, and be able to solve them.

So, I don’t think that it is a statement that warrants any apologies or discussions. It is for Vice President Atiku to continue to explain himself to the public. We still have four months in the campaign so he needs to go out and explain his agenda that he is a Nigerian president that is desirous of making sure that all parts of Nigeria feel wanted in Nigeria, and feel united.
He needs to unify the country to be able to propose the difficult solutions that must be applied to make this economy and the country work again.

The PDP chieftain described the debates generated by Atiku’s comment as “unfortunate”.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/10/18/atiku-wont-apologise-for-yoruba-igbo-president-comment-chidoka/amp/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by dyera(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2022
The thing with Atiku is that, he has a heart of stone. Several matters that he should addressed, he would just ignore them and pretend like he doesn't know.

133 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by Moh247: 7:34am On Oct 19, 2022
cool

Fulani slave.... Osita no get shame even after getting scammed at the PDP primaries he is back to been a loyal dog

Anyways no matter what Osita Chidioka, Sowore, Festus Keyamo, Shehu Sani would always have my respect for their struggle to give us this democracy when the likes of Peter Obi was flexing in London

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by pinkPUSSY(f): 7:35am On Oct 19, 2022
I AM NOT SUPPORTING ATIKU BECAUSE
HE'S A KNOWN BIGOT AND THIEF,BUT HIS COMMENT IS NOT DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF YORUBA MUSLIM WHO VOWED NEVER TO SUPPORT A CHRSTIAN CANDIDATE EVEN IF SUCH CHRISTIAN CANDIDATE IS A FELLOW YORUBA

THEY DONT WANT A CHRSTIAN TO RULE NIGERIA AGAIN

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by Johnnyessence(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2022

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by Obidient4life3: 7:45am On Oct 19, 2022
Who cares, does an apology change his ideology?

58 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by OfficialP: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2022
Unifier indeed!

20 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by kponkedenge(m): 7:48am On Oct 19, 2022
It's even surprising that Atiku didn't receive wide condemnation for this, if Peter Obi had said something that isn't even as close as this, it will trend for a month.

Reno Omokri and Deji Adeyanju will write different epistles on his comment and it will make frontpage on Nairaland.

I'm surprised none of them have even said anything so far.

And worse of all, Atiku hasn't even come out to apologize for his comment, making it seem like he doesn't really care about the South as a whole.

I hope southerners that are planning to vote Atiku are starting to realize the kind of person he is.

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by Ckonnet: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2022
Chidoka, it seems your pocket have run dry. You use to have my respect but these days you cap like idiots. A presume leader should not make comments like that especially when he needs the other regions to win an election.
Their will be a run off for sure.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by RealLordZeus(m): 7:49am On Oct 19, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
I AM NOT SUPPORTING ATIKU ON THIS BUT HIS COMMENT IS NOT DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF YORUBA MUSLIM WHO VOWED NEVER TO SUPPORT A CHRSTIAN CANDIDATE EVEN IF SUCH CHRISTIAN CANDIDATE IS A FELLOW YORUBA

THEY DONT WANT A CHRSTIAN TO RULE NIGERIA AGAIN

Condemn when necessary and stop measuring dicks

Hypocrisy is bad

11 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 19, 2022
Elections might not hold next year.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by Risingblue008(m): 7:50am On Oct 19, 2022
Xee
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by Mikelarteta(m): 7:50am On Oct 19, 2022
Why should he? Haven’t you heard yorubas also saying yorubas should vote for Tinubu because he is a yoruba man. This is the unfortunate situation we find ourselves in Nigeria today and it’s the reality. It has never been this bad.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by FREEMADNESS: 7:50am On Oct 19, 2022
The level of tribal bigotry in Nigeria is at is Apex.

No body wan vote for competence or patriotism.

Atiku will b the worst president in history if he emerges winner. I don't like Tinubu due to health issues and nepotism from his side but I will always Vote Tinubu over Atiku anytime anyday.

I don't blame the stupid omo Igbo for his stupid comment, ode dey find weytin to put 4 belle.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by herkeem: 7:50am On Oct 19, 2022
Listen to the beautiful song Benue Residents composed for Tinubu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVFUlbu9uPs

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by June15(m): 7:50am On Oct 19, 2022
This country need to be divide.. I swear. Make everybody go hin own way

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by omowolewa: 7:50am On Oct 19, 2022
Face the consequences
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by bigdammyj: 7:51am On Oct 19, 2022
Noted.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by jonahhh: 7:51am On Oct 19, 2022
Johnnyessence:
Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘Yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment - Chidoka.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/10/18/atiku-wont-apologise-for-yoruba-igbo-president-comment-chidoka
/amp/

Nigeria’s unity doesn’t benefit us, it benefits them alone so we don’t want unity we want regional rule a need then we can unify and work together individually. You see this one Nigeria thing is a scam

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by mooremoney(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2022
We know Atiku has pride. So we don't expect him to apologise. He will lose again and go back to dubai

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by SHINJA: 7:51am On Oct 19, 2022
Atiku is far better than that bokoharam terrorist call tinubu....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by Victoxy(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by bennybuhari: 7:52am On Oct 19, 2022
Arselicker and appointment seeker Chidoka

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by Johnnyessence(m): 7:52am On Oct 19, 2022
Message from Atiku Abubakar in Arewa house in Kaduna last week Saturday

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by Afamed: 7:52am On Oct 19, 2022
The serial habitual loser has spoken.

Customer daa da ni.

The divider in chief has spoken

Osita, the fulani slave has spoken

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by TinubuPikin: 7:52am On Oct 19, 2022
Good
Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by obembet(f): 7:52am On Oct 19, 2022
2023 election us about 3 major Tribe and there is no way it will not end up in tribal politics. I watch a video of a pastor that said any Igbo that vote against obi should be chase out if Igbo land. Genesis said something similar and northerners are seen all this game Obidient are displaying online.

To to me, the candidate with highest brother is going to win.

3 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka: Atiku Won’t Apologise For ‘yoruba, Igbo President’ Comment by sukkot: 7:52am On Oct 19, 2022
grin atiku means we haf die undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH / Yakubu Mahmood Visits Idris Over Wike's Audio (Photos) / Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.