Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,038 members, 7,810,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network (37210 Views)

Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative / Jack Dorsey’s Twitter Account Hacked / Jack Dorsey Reacts To Twitter Downtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by altcoinng: 11:41am On Oct 19, 2022
Twitter co-founder and former CEO Jack Dorsey lifted the veil of secrecy on the new decentralized social network Bluesky Social.

The creation of Bluesky Social began back in 2019. The main idea in the development of the decentralized social network was to give full control over user data to the users themselves. To do this, the Authenticated Transfer Protocol (ATP) was created, which allows users to move their accounts between platforms without losing data.

A user creates an account with a domain name in the AT protocol, such as username@alice.com, and then the name is mapped to a cryptographic URL to protect the account and its data. This record, along with its data, can then be transferred between platforms. In this way, users can gain more control over what they see and who they contact on social media platforms.

Also, the AT protocol will allow interoperability between platforms and increase performance. A special tiered content moderation model on the platform will make decisions, including whether to show content, based on the reputation and choices of the end user.

Details about Bluesky Social aren’t much yet, but Jack Dorsey promises a “rapid launch” of the platform. Right now, users can sign up for a waitlist to participate in beta testing of the app.

Last year it became known that the Bluesky project would be headed by former Zcash and Skuchain developer Jay Graber.

https://altcoin.ng/twitter-founder-jack-dorsey-launches-new-social-network-bluesky-social/

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by 9jii(m): 11:43am On Oct 19, 2022
Another medium to put nonsense into these children head.
Learn from experience not online.
Only the lazy ones will wait until someone spell it out for them before they can understand life.

160 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Williamxcalper: 11:44am On Oct 19, 2022
Make I rush go open acct before person go first me use my name

166 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Poppia: 11:44am On Oct 19, 2022
Man always on mission

Please my nairalanders I'm a student stranded here in abuja, I came all the way from Adamawa just to hustle due to ASUU strike but it's unfortunate I was caught up in between, strike has been call off and we about to start exams soon. I don't even have transportation back.
Please and please I'm appealing for your assistance.
Right now i stay in Ushafa Bwari area council

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Abfinest007(m): 11:47am On Oct 19, 2022
That eir headache my headache is how to make more money

8 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Aareakinwunmi(m): 11:48am On Oct 19, 2022
Another fortune for him
Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by WibusJaga: 11:56am On Oct 19, 2022

The world belongs to great thinkers. cool

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Fkmodhi: 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nice one after cashing out big with Twitter

9 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by ClearFlair: 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
9jii:
Only the lazy ones will wait until someone spell it out for them before they can understand life.

Kai! You must be a Tinubu supporter to not understand that the best minds in the world use the internet to learn and network.
I can't believe a human being can make this kind of comment in 2022. And you are even using a phone (technology). People dey for this life sha.

4 ignorant people even liked the post cheesy cheesy cheesy

128 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by 9jii(m): 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2022
ClearFlair:

Kai! You must be a Tinubu supporter to not understand that the best minds in the world use the internet to learn and network.
I can't believe a human being can make this kind of comment in 2022. And you are even using a phone (technology). People dey for this life sha.

4 ignorant people even liked the post cheesy cheesy cheesy
Said by OBITUARIST

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Guderian(m): 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2022
Williamxcalper:

Asake's voice:

Before them go use me i go use my sense

cheesy grin

angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Lawag3: 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2022
9jii:

You know experience can be a very bad teacher it can teach you a lesson so bitter that you might not be able to make another mistake

17 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by lordparcel: 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2022
Em no de playstore
Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Mirasteel: 3:30pm On Oct 19, 2022
Another means to milk out billions, this guy is smart.

5 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Uptownerd: 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2022
grin
Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by luvlyoracle(m): 3:44pm On Oct 19, 2022
Iphone 11pro chip unlock
BH 87
Very clean
TT,FaceID all work.

Location is Warri Delta State.

Going for 240k
A-bit negotiable.
Call 08162776090

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Mercury12(m): 3:44pm On Oct 19, 2022
Lol
Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by SavageResponse(m): 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2022
Bluesky ko, Redsky ni! grin

4 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by sofeo(m): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nice one oo!

Let's check it out like twitter.
Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Kobicove(m): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2022
I expect that his agreement with Twitter should have a "Non compete" clause which should preclude him from setting up a business that will directly compete with Twitter undecided

12 Likes

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Lemmy123(m): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2022
Finally, a place I can try to get as much followers as I can before yeye people full am
Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by NLaob: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2022
9jii:
Sadly, that's true.

1 Like

Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Brendaniel: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
Na wa o
Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Kobicove(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
Williamxcalper:

grin
Re: Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network by Honourable1901(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
Watch out for my account, influencing millions of people daily

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Code For Airtel Friend And Family / Can I Register 6 SIM Cards With NIN? (Photos) / GLO Payu(pay As You Use)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.