Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative (42665 Views)

Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network / Jack Dorsey’s Twitter Account Hacked / Jack Dorsey Reacts To Twitter Downtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by ijustdey: 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2023
A new app created by Twitter’s co-founder and ex-CEO as an alternative to the Elon Musk-owned platform has just launched a version for Android users.

Bluesky, created by Jack Dorsey, promises a future-thinking “social internet” that allows users more choices and frees people from platforms, according to its website.

The app, however, is still in development and only available to access through an invite code.

Dorsey began working on Bluesky as a side project in 2019 with funding from Twitter, and it was first rolled out to iOS users in late February.

Many users have said Bluesky’s current beta version is similar to a pared-down copy of Twitter, according to Tech Crunch.

Demand for the exclusive app has been growing, and the platform reportedly has about 20,000 users in its current form, the technology outlet reported.

Moving forward, the app developers hope to give users “algorithmic choice,” which would allow them to choose how content is fed onto their screens, instead of a one-fits-all algorithm controlled by the app developers.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/jack-dorsey-launches-twitter-alternative/

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by BrotherSade: 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2023
😎

What is special about Twitter that people are killing themselves for it.

I don't even use Twitter because i don't like it 😎

269 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by Saga16: 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2023
This guy dey press Elon Musk neck like say na Ob..

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by gaby(m): 4:10pm On Apr 22, 2023
This guy successfully sold Musk a dummy.

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by Allardyce: 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2023
Twitter over Bluesky.

Small challenge like dis, everyone is running away from Twitter. grin

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by AchrafHakimi: 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2023
It's one thing to launch an app, it's another thing to divert Twitter users to it.

If BBC moves to BlueSky and their former Twitter followers switch to CNN on Twitter then you are wasting your time. You lose customer + you strengthen your competition.

The customers control the market not the corporations.

168 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by bestpunterever: 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by Nazgul: 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
If e no be Twitter, e no fit be like Twitter.

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by KingLennon(m): 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
Bad business for Elon Musk. Bluesky will compete with twitter though twitter has an edge over it

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by GreyLaw(m): 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
DOA!

Mr. Jack Dorsey, go and create something different, something new! You have the money and the brains. Not in this world or that to come will you rival an established brand as twitter if you are offering exactly the same services they are offering. You of all people should know.

It's just like waking up from the left side of your bed and deciding to produce another youtube. How do you want to succeed?

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by Sunnybabe(m): 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
Blue-sky will override twitter soon I guess

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by Vyzz: 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2023
grin
Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by GRACEGLORY: 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2023
BrotherSade:
😎

Twitter is a conversational social media platform where users are eager to interact with the information they enjoy and not just reshare it but also add their opinions to it. And interact with individuals directly be-you-anybody.

People Learn Niche Skills
Showcase Talents
Establish Professional Authority

And most of all, you get information pure as they're all around the world immediately.

You remember The end sars?
Twitter blew it to the whole world.

People have been able to communicate directly with the presidencies, and great men around world directly on twitter with active responses.

You can go DM Putin if you like or even Xi. I won't tweet nor DM Bubu o

Twitter has stood the test of time in terms of the social media hierarchy

Hence, it's worth over $40B

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by hansomb: 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2023
Twitter is still the best social app after YouTube

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by Easybet1(m): 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2023
After he cashout heavily from twitter, now he want to compete with same twitter

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by inoki247: 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2023
Lol you go soon see Red Sea...

15 Likes

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by Berankis: 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2023
BrotherSade:
😎

I don't use it too. I have tried but no way! Twitter and LinkedIn don't catch my fancy at all...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by BIZNess123(m): 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2023
angry

Some guys will cash out with bluesky

1 Like

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by EbiJUNIRO(m): 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
bluesky it is

2 Likes

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by udemzyudex(m): 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
Lol... Hopefully it will grow to be like twitter.

Because big companies don't want to see the small ones grow,the guy wey build WhatsApp do pass this one,till today we no dey hear anything.

6 Likes

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by Mnewton(m): 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
Bb
Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by nedekid: 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
gaby:
This guy successfully sell Musk a dummy.
How do they say it again? He wants to play him "handicap" grin
But surely, at that level, clauses must be there to stop dorsy setting up something similar to Twitter for a while.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by paskal16: 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
Ok
Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by illuminutty: 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
RIP twitter as Elon Musk has been bought over by the corrupt systems controlled by criminals such as the senile greedy corrupt drug pusher from Conakry.

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
Great mind.
Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by Corn247: 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2023
I've thought of something like this.. Soo many people online now with provocative and dangerous opinions... there should be an app where you will only see posts by reasonable vendors or trends you followed.

2 Likes

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by ShaqFu: 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2023
😁
Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by DamnnNiggarr: 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2023
shocked

already have an account with bluesky

1 Like

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by Ofemmanu1: 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2023
inoki247:
Lol you go soon see Red Sea...
Or Black Soil
Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by Ibime(m): 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2023
Easybet1:
After he cashout heavily from twitter, now he want to compete with same twitter

He was merely a shareholder at Twitter with less than 5% of the shares so he is free to do what he wants. He has been working on this since, it's no secret

1 Like

Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by Oloshovendor: 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2023
Cool
Re: Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative by omoredia: 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2023
The name is not even catchy at all. Who doesn't know the sky is blue? Dumb

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Look At The Upcoming Infinix Note 2 / 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. / 10 Apps That'll Make Your Smartphone Smarter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.