Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. (551 Views)

Did Peter Obi Said He Pulled 439million People Out Of Poverty(video Facts Check) / Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty / Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by abuchilag: 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ut8zxBnU2o

We need help in this country. People will sit in the comfort of their homes and twist someone's speech.

Peter Obi never said that he pulled 439m out of poverty. Watch the video from 22min. He only said that through MDG, China pulled 439million people out of poverty, India pulled 269million people out of poverty. He mentioned another country that pulled 45million people out of poverty.

He only said that Nigeria instead of pulling people out of poverty, made more people poor.

Why the lies?

You can't sell your candidate by telling lies about others.

Let us stop this campaign of calumny.

God bless Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by successmatters(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nairaland just catapulted the fake news to front page to malign Peter Obi grin

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Ddokie: 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2022
The mod that was too much in a hurry to move the other disgrace of a thread to the front page should come and see this.

Seun, some of us joined this forum before 2010. We heard a young Nigerian guy set up a very interesting platform. And a lot of us joined NL. It was worth it.

If you are tired of running this platform, you should sell it to people who will be willing to put their time into it.

That thread is a disgrace to you and everything Nairaland has ever stood for.

It should be pulled down, and the mod who sent it to fp should be relieved of his/her duties.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Anigreat: 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
shocked

The mod that push the doctored video to front page think that he's doing Obi, he doesn't know that he's sinking Seun Business. I laughed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Period007(m): 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
I will pull people out of poverty, Peter Obi.

Please watch between 20s to 55s

The other video was doctored by nairaland moderators and moved to front page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGP-pfW6oXs

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
See obìdiots doing damage control...

Why will I waste my data on long and boring video when I have sweet short video dat says it all, don't we all love short videos again?... grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by APCnaPDP: 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
APC people need help. The foolishness is out of this world. Tell us what you have done well that should make Nigerians vote for you again, that’s what people who love our country are waiting to hear.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Acidosis(m): 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
Peter Obi was obviously referring to China:

"Between 1990 and 2011, China lifted 439 million poor people out of poverty, contributing significantly to global poverty reduction."

https://blogs.worldbank.org/eastasiapacific/ending-poverty-in-china-lessons-for-other-countries-and-challenges-still-ahead

I wonder whether Seun deliberately received money for that post. It was too obvious to ignore.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by 4teenblaq: 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
Seun and mynd44 you have misinformed a lot of neutrals about the kind of person PO with such thread.

I hereby urge and beg you to take this one also to front-page to clear the misinformation.

nlfpmod
Seun
Mynd44.

This is not fair!
This is fake news.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by 4teenblaq: 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
KillSars:
See obìdiots doing damage control...

Why will I waste my data on long and boring video when I have sweet short video dat says it all, don't we all love short videos again?... grin grin grin

We know you can't afford mobile data but we will help you by showing you where it is in the video.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2022
Acidosis:
Peter Obi was obviously referring to China:

"Between 1990 and 2011, China lifted 439 million poor people out of poverty, contributing significantly to global poverty reduction."

https://blogs.worldbank.org/eastasiapacific/ending-poverty-in-china-lessons-for-other-countries-and-challenges-still-ahead

I wonder whether Seun deliberately received money for that post. It was too obvious to ignore.

Story story, because it's against obi now, dem collect money, if it's against atiku or tinubu, they are doing their job
Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2022
4teenblaq:

We know you can't afford mobile data but we will help you by showing you where it is in the video.
See painment, ur tear too get salt...
Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Anigreat: 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2022
4teenblaq:

We know you can't afford mobile data
shocked

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2022
4teenblaq:
Seun and mynd44 you have misinformed a lot of neutrals about the kind of person PO with such thread.

I hereby urge and beg you to take this one also to front-page to clear the misinformation.

nlfpmod
Seun
Mynd44.

This is not fair!
This is fake news.

Sorry, don't cry.... grin grin
Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by 4teenblaq: 3:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
KillSars:

Sorry, don't cry.... grin grin

I am not crying but it pains me seeing you guys wallowing in stupidity.
Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
In the lead up to the 2015 general elections, GEJ said-“ The choice before Nigerians in the coming election is simple: A choice between going forward or going backwards; between the new ways and the old ways; between FREEDOM & REPRESSION; between a record of visible achievement and beneficial reformed and desperate powers-seekers.....”

But the Agbado drug lord used propaganda to deceive Nigerians and foist the biggest failure known to mankind on us on a mantra of CHANGE. Our mumu never do?

The drug lord is back again, this time to foist his unsellable self on Nigerians using propaganda again.

Today history beckons; the choice between Nigerians is as distinct as daylight and darkness. Choose light and see. If you choose darkness, you will not be spared. One way or the other, you will all pay through the economy, your families will pay, your children and generations unborn will pay. Both agbadorians and others buy rice 40k per bag from less than 10k, so even agbadorians will not be spared because they choose to be stupid and goad the nation down a rotten and bad path.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by DearDealz: 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
nairaland is a shameless forum

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Igba123: 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2022
abuchilag:

We need help in this country. People will sit in the comfort of their homes and twist someone's speech.

Peter Obi never said that he pulled 439m out of poverty. Watch the video from 22min. He only said that through MDG, China pulled 439million people out of poverty, India pulled 269million people out of poverty. He mentioned another country that pulled 45million people out of poverty.

He only said that Nigeria instead of pulling people out of poverty, made more people poor.

Why the lies?

God bless Nigeria.
I didn't bother wasting my data on their video cos I knew they're up for mischief. Whatever they say, new Nigeria is possible with Obi-Dati combo.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by PHIPEX(m): 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2022
Because they know how daft many urchins and zombie are is the motivation for doctoring his speech.

They haven't seen any dirty tag on Obi, what is left is look for anything possible to paint him red.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2022
4teenblaq:

I am not crying but it pains me seeing you guys wallowing in stupidity.
Ur stupidity u mean.... grin grin

I feel ur pain bro
Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by emmanuelbrown26: 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2022
KillSars:

See painment, ur tear too get salt...
U left ur duty of buying pampers and sleeping pills for baba, better go and buy dem before baba go start to dey shit up and down

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by BATified2023: 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2022
abuchilag:

Why the lies?

God bless Nigeria.

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2022
See tears flooding everywhere, not even join join fake video wey una carry come diz thread go do the control... we get real video, u dey carry fake come.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by emmanuelbrown26: 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2022
[quote author=BATified2023 post=117698067][/quote]
All bcs of baba, pampers dun cost for market.

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

U left ur duty of buying pampers and sleeping pills for baba, better go and buy dem before baba go start to dey shit up and down
We have counted, u are number 348,785,643rd person wey obi lift out of poverty, congrat my brother
Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
Hoebi, otunba lamba the poverty lifter
Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Acidosis(m): 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
KillSars:

Story story, because it's against obi now, dem collect money, if it's against atiku or tinubu, they are doing their job

Which one is if it's Atiku or Tinubu. Was Tinubu's video doctored?
Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by emmanuelbrown26: 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
KillSars:

We have counted, u are number 348,785,643rd person wey obi lift out of poverty, congrat my brother
Thanks thanks thanks

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 19, 2022
Acidosis:

Which one is if it's Atiku or Tinubu. Was Tinubu's video doctored?
Not at all, grin grin

talk of candidate wey get short video pas na tinubu...

Is obi video doctored? grin no be hin rattle snake voice be dat? cheesy

Otunba lamba the poverty lifter
Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by fx45(m): 4:23pm On Oct 19, 2022
Ddokie:
The mod that was too much in a hurry to move the other disgrace of a thread to the front page should come and see this.

Seun, some of us joined this forum before 2010. We heard a young Nigerian guy set up a very interesting platform. And a lot of us joined NL. It was worth it.

If you are tired of running this platform, you should sell it to people who will be willing to put their time into it.

That thread is a disgrace to you and everything Nairaland has ever stood for.

It should be pulled down, and the mod who sent it to fp should be relieved of his/her duties.
That Yoruba Muslim Miscreant Mod appear to be untouchable

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi never said he was able to pull 439million people out of poverty. by techWriter3: 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nairaland just rocketed the fake press to front page to malign politicians

(1) (Reply)

Under Obi, Anambra Had The 6th Worst Poverty Index Among The 36 States -Omokri / OPINION: How Much Is Spent On BAT Campaign Vs Obi Priceless Campaign / 2023: How The Presidential Election Winner May Emerge (opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.