Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty (19270 Views)

Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 million People Out Of Poverty, Here's The Video / Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty / Kingsley Moghalu Gives Reason Why He Pulled Out Of PACT After Losing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Joevics(m): 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2022
There's a thread with the title : Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty.
https://www.nairaland.com/7391007/peter-obi-able-move-439

This is wrong and I don't understand why a Mod will approve that despite the fact that it's completely false.

Here's a clear video and transcript from the Arewa Consultative Forum in Kaduna.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4QECALAKG0

Transcript
It was MDG (Millennium Development Goals) that China mainstream into their development agenda and was able to pull 439 million people out of poverty. It was MDG that India mainstream into their development agenda and pulled 269 (million) people out of poverty. That is what Vietnam used to pull over 45(million) people out of poverty.

In Nigeria, we didn't do it and we threw more people into poverty.
But Anambra state was number one when it ended. Despite being number one, go to our schools. Our schools were closed for two years.......

154 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by LocalStandard1(m): 3:54pm On Oct 19, 2022
Seon thinks he's doing Obi? grin grin Hahahaha. Go and check the current Nairaland stats. I remember when Nairaland was pulling an average of 50,000 views on almost any front page thread. On good days even up to a 100,000 views. Now even though it's elections season posts struggle to get 30,000.

When you work against God's anointed he will look into your matter and put you to shame. No be Peter Obi unna wan gang up against?

439 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by successmatters(m): 3:54pm On Oct 19, 2022
God bless Peter Obi

354 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
Peter Obi the chosen one

281 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Joevics(m): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
Mod mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod
Please move this to front page. You guys have turned nairaland to a center for misinformation.

This is against your Rule 8.

This is not 2015.

We'll follow you guys bumpa to bumpa.

This is from UNICEF.

297 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Danisaint112(m): 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
Agbado people trying so hard to tarnish the image of this man. Wether Peter Obi wins or not, I will proudly vote Peter Obi and know that I did the right thing.

432 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Abfinest007(m): 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
In response to what a member post "that the this post should be moved to front page"

Instead that post sould be deleted

U have no excuse here is a video to back it up

240 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by HeliumStar: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
Myn!d44 for don buy Bentley by now, the guy just dey cash out steady from Tinubu dey push fake news for front page just to tarnish PO's image

163 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
How such false information was moved to FP, really calls for concern...

166 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by kurupt1: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
The propaganda they unleashed against GEJ will not work on Peter obi. These apc people are evil and their followers are as dumb as sheep

246 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by SeniorMan715(m): 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2022
Keep decreasing your value and respect

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Abfinest007(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
Joevics:
Mod mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod
Please move this to front page. You guys have turned nairaland to a center for misinformation.

This is against your Rule 8.
instead the said post should be deleted

209 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Chuksaluta(m): 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2022
The moderator who moved it to front page should be querried.

CC: seun

149 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by englishmart(m): 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2022
The greatest tragedy of democracy is that, a vast majority of foools can come together and elect a leader to govern everybody.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by wpadmin: 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2022
For Nairaland, it's all about the clicks and engagement.

They don't care if the country burns.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by obembet(f): 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
Werey

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by GboyegaD(m): 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
The mods need to be careful. Nairaland ought to be an unbiased platform however, it has been biased a long while ago on some things including religion, politics, etc.

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by BATified2023: 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
LocalStandard1:
Seon thinks he's doing Obi? grin grin Hahahaha. Go and check the current Nairaland stats. I remember when Nairaland is pulling an average of 50,000 views on almost any front page thread. On good days even up to a 100,000 views. Now even though it's elections season posts struggle to get 30,000.

When you work against God's anointed he will look into your matter and but you to shame. No be Peter Obi wunna wan gang up against?
omo make peter obi fans beg him not to talk again cos anytime he drops any lamba they are always thrown into confusion n damage control

From 100 out of 150 NBA players are Nigerians to lifting 439 million Nigerians out of poverty

I come tire ooo

The best way to embarrass peter obi is to give him a microphone

Once peter obi holds mic like this just go one corner go dey laugh cos lamba bombshell na him him tu lie go drop

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by RZArecta(m): 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
Seun knows what his mods are doing, they have his full backing. They used that false story to dampen agbados poisoned holy communion gaffe cool

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by sofeo(m): 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
Okies
Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by ceeceeco: 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
As for me, the most important thing I love about Peter Obi's leadership is all about cutting cost of governance. He knows how to cut cost of governance, & his type is very essential now because, Nigeria is really in a huge debt. We are collapsing as a country, & I'm surprise some people are pretending not to notice it, the country is not working, yet people are campaigning for APC/PDP. some people are just not sensible, they are just after their selfish self & family, they're just so tribalistic & religious in their decisions, they're not considerate at all, they don't care about the common man at all, hence themselves, family, & friends are rich they don't care about you. Just look at the situation of our country, yet people will still be campaigning for PDP/APC. Incase you don't know, in Dubai, the government pays their citizen, whether they're working or not, they're being paid monthly; I think about 400k a month, each citizen of Dubai earn nothing less than 400k from the government, and some people will come here & be shouting APC/PDP. Some people no just get shame/conscience at all, make una dey deceive una self for this country, na when una go wake up oneday see una selves as slaves na dat time una eyes go clear. Quote me; anybody who's supporting Tinubu/Atiku is very wicked, that person doesn't mean well for this country. That person wants to remain in darkness & perpetual suffering, that person doesn't want to move forward, & I reject such person.

Iam moving forward.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by CaptainAyub: 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nairaland should be renamed agbadoland grin
Na clown site now grin

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by fasho01(m): 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
If he wasn't known for giving false facts and telling lies, it would not have been believed in the first place anyway

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Brendaniel: 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
The truth is that APC and PDP have never met an opponent like Peter Obi and the Obidients in the history of electioneering in Nigeria since 1999, they are practically confused on what to do, they initially thought it will be election as usual but they were wrong, now they just try to throw jabs like a fighter that has already lost a battle but just trying to cover shame.

Peter Obi and the Obidients changed the game of election in Nigeria - APC and PDP are far behind

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by holatin(m): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
even though the guy lies like he breath, I knew he can't say that cus both literate and illiterate knows that we a little over 200 million. but the irony and funny things is obidient who has abused and castigate Bleep check for exposing them in the past will now be hail as hero today......

in all in all....let's stop sharing fake news or fighting because of a politician.....none of them really care about us....it's all bout personal interest....peter obi, tinubu and atiku will still hangout and marry each other children after election....na me and you go still dey chop the bad side of government. God bless u and me

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Period007(m): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
The moderator who pushed that doctored video to front page should be permanently banned, or we will start reporting this forum as a fake news website.

188 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Rikze: 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
I knew it

Once they want to create anti-Obi threads, they'll let others know in their Whatsapp group so that they'll rush to comment and like each others comments.

Propagandists, tueh

49 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Teecosmetics(f): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
K
Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by obembet(f): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
Make Feb come and go

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Snapchat: 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2022
Lmao. Obidense tears just start. If you can twist Tinubu’s speech and turn it into propaganda, change it to what he doesn’t mean just to score cheap political points; then you should accept it when they do it to Obi. After all there’s no difference between Obidense and urchins grin grin

Tit for tat too dey pain grin

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oluyole Estate Bridge, Ibadan Under Construction / Executive Orders: Osinbajo To Meet Civil Servants On Wednesday / Adeleke Will Get Victory At Supreme Court –brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.