Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,663 members, 7,851,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:00 PM

A Suggestion To The Lagos State Government Concerning Tax Collection In Markets. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Suggestion To The Lagos State Government Concerning Tax Collection In Markets. (260 Views)

Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele / Northerners With Megaphone Campaigning For Obi In Markets / FFK: Unongo's Suggestion To Protect Northerners In South West Is Dangerous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Suggestion To The Lagos State Government Concerning Tax Collection In Markets. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2022
The root cause of most market clashes in markets like alaba, computer village and mile 12 is largely on the issue of taxes and levy collection by state and the local govt were the markets are. I don't know what led to the recent clash in alaba but I suspect it's largely due to tax collection issues. I'd go straight to the point by suggesting and giving my opinion on how the Lagos State government avoid such market conflicts.

1. Document and have a database of all shop owners and their registered businesses in these markets.

2. Ban illegal stands in these markets.

3. Develop a smart and digital payment solution whereby all state, local govt and traditional taxes and levies are can be paid. Outlaw the use of agberos.

4. Jail term and loss of shop for Tax defaulters.

Basically the use of agberos, is outdated and largely disorganized leading to unnecessary clashes.
Re: A Suggestion To The Lagos State Government Concerning Tax Collection In Markets. by Validated: 1:17am On Oct 20, 2022
You want Tinubu to outlaw Agbero. Think again. "Lagos is the largest and most most expensive SLUM in the world" - Citibank, Johanesburg and EIU

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video: About Tinubu's Visit In Kano - APC Supporters Pls Help / Sheik Dr. Auwal Abdullahi (gafakan Akko) Joins PDP / Labour Party Supporter Climbs To The Top Of Mount Kilimanjaro To Hang The Party’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.