Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

The Fruitlessness Of The Governmental Ahmadu Bello University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Fruitlessness Of The Governmental Ahmadu Bello University (570 Views)

Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) / Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made / NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fruitlessness Of The Governmental Ahmadu Bello University by Doctorpen: 10:11pm On Oct 19, 2022
The Fruitlessness of the Governmental Ahmadu Bello University.
"When the host is weak the inhabitants suffer greatly"
I believe in bringing delicate and itching situations to the table so that it can be deliberated, discussed and reasoned out better to avoid damage and loss of interest.
The Nigerian educational system has been doing very badly and that has made a lot of Nigerian students in various Nigerian universities to get discouraged, abandoning school and seeking for another alternative to manage their future. The hope that school creates a better living standard has been destroyed and abandoned. Looking at the way things are going in education in Nigeria, students have less hope in the Nigerian university system than going to school.

As an undergraduate of Ahmadu Bello University Zaria who found the currently released calendar pain in my head and unfavorably causing me sleeplessness decided to share my thoughts on the most frustrating thing I have witnessed over the few years in Ahmadu Bello University. Since Ahmadu Bello University has been a leading factor in the development and advancement of Nigerian students who fell under their lobes, it would be equally better to let them see their lapses. In as much as the school had had good testimonies from prominent Nigerian parents regarding the good running of the school administration, it will be very bad to cast a blind eye of what the current situation is turning it into.
What the school is currently going through would be liking to a statement which says
"What can be done with a host that is killing its inhabitants. A system that offers less to nothing to its inhabitants."
Ahmadu Bello University has suffered greatly and adjustably from COVID-19 to ASUU strike. This is not to say that other universities didn't experience the same thing but I found it hard to explain why Ahmadu Bello University reflects and expresses so much of the pain which other universities have forgotten. It is painful to note that the releasing of the 2020 admission list is very slow.
The Admission process from 2020 to 2021 is fully slow,
The Academic activities from 2019 to 2021 are terribly slow. And the school administration is stealing the students' mandate and bullying them to accept a quality not close to the standard they hope for.
Academic year in Ahmadu Bello University in our current situation is very lengthy and unfounded. The current calendar is structured to eat up students' time and deny them good planning for their future.
What should we do with this currently released calendar? This might cause students to drop out from Ahmadu Bello University and choose other universities which are ahead due to the fact that this calendar isn't promising to them and does not consider their limitations of being students.
The administration of Ahmadu Bello University governmental body has done little to tackle these issues. Rather than make a fast, quick assuring and realizable calendar, they still went on to the old ways, which isn't coherent with the current generation, where time isn't and can't be compromised. I have seen schools that aren't up to the standard of Ahmadu Bello University's pedigree, but had adjusted their academic calendar, fast track admission processes and academic activities smoothly and running to favor the students and aspirants, considering time factor. And thereby apologizing for any inconveniences it might cause.
Students of Ahmadu Bello University are sad over the released calendar which doesn't mean well to their future, it doesn't speak well about the good standard of Ahmadu Bello University. Students are fully aware that Ahmadu Bello University can run 3 semesters in a year. We'd like to know why Ahmadu Bello University is not considering running 3 semesters in a year?
The Senate of Ahmadu Bello University is aware about the 100 level of 2020, aspirants of 2021 and 2022 which are yet to be recognized as its students but yet they went on and released an academic calendar that doesn't consider the lagging and overlapping students who pride themselves as Ahmadu Bello University students. The Senate should be speeding things up, running 3 to 4 semesters a year should be the topic of discussion so as to balance lost academic years. Everyone is disappointed regarding the academic calendar. This is a great hit on Ahmadu Bello University and the administration is yet to acknowledge that.
The Senate should consider every of its scope rather than favoring and legging one side and allowing one side to suffer the consequences of the strike. We are expecting a bright hope and a promising academic calendar, not this one. We need a review. Let the Senate know that university isn't a place to grow old but a place to grow wise. And the slow academic activities and admission process are making students sick and tired of Ahmadu Bello University. This problem is really turning ABU into a mocking stock. We know strike is inevitable in Nigerian universities, therefore making efficient decisions and time managing decisions are the important things to do in our current situation. Prolonging the academic year isn't good for the students and I believe the Senate is fully aware of it.
This matter is disturbing and detrimental. I call on the Senate to look into these issues and review the academic calendar so as to make it easy for students to achieve their life career goals.

Thanks
Yahaya Abu
Chemistry department
Physical sciences
Ahmadu Bello University Zaria
Kaduna Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fruitlessness Of The Governmental Ahmadu Bello University by Legendforte: 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
Yes ABU should reconsider their calendar
Re: The Fruitlessness Of The Governmental Ahmadu Bello University by Debangis20(m): 6:14am On Oct 20, 2022
Yes. The calender is really obstructive...let them reconsider.
My brother is about to waste another year. So he may change institute.
Re: The Fruitlessness Of The Governmental Ahmadu Bello University by christejames(m): 7:43am On Oct 20, 2022
If the governing council (especially the VC) of the school is overwhelmed on how to steer the school to progress, they should honorably tender their resignation letters and stop toiling with the lives and hopes of the innocent students...

ABU is gradually losing its lofty glory in the North and even Nigeria to Bayero University, so sad.
Re: The Fruitlessness Of The Governmental Ahmadu Bello University by Doctorpen: 8:07am On Oct 20, 2022
christejames:
If the governing council (especially the VC) of the school is overwhelmed on how to steer the school to progress, they should honorably tender their resignation letters and stop toiling with the lives and hopes of the innocent students...

ABU is gradually losing its lofty glory in the North and even Nigeria to Bayero University, so sad.

A lot of things have happened which has already destroyed the system.

1 Like

Re: The Fruitlessness Of The Governmental Ahmadu Bello University by Doctorpen: 8:08am On Oct 20, 2022
Debangis20:
Yes. The calender is really obstructive...let them reconsider.

My brother is about to waste another year. So he may change institute.

Help us promote this page,,,,, let our voices be heard

(1) (Reply)

The Trial Of Dedan Kimathi By Ngugi Wa Thiong'o - Themes In The Play / Australia Awards Scholarships 2023: Empowering African Students / Nysc Age Limit 2023 New Update From Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.