Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist (19398 Views)

Pitbull And Protege Sensato Remix Dbanj's Oliver Twist / Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart / Download D'banj - Oliver Twist Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by PuffPuff1: 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2011
The song that everyone has been waiting for from D'Banj 'Oliver Twist' is finally out. Call me a hater but I'm seriously disappointed I mean the beat is great but the lyrics and the auto-tune singing aren't

If you haven't heard the song: [url]http://www.ngpost.com/music/dbanj-%E2%80%93-oliver-twist-download/[/url]

Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by ragdollz: 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2011
I don't like it. The guy should stick to his winning formula and stop trying to "diversify" his style.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by amblors(m): 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2011
you get followers no fear.

guess the song meant for the club, where you can dance to anything playing. just like terry G songs.

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by ragdollz: 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2011
amblors:

you get followers no fear.

guess the song meant for the club, where you can dance to anything playing. just like terry G songs.

lol it's not bad, after five listens it grows on you. It will be a hit, no doubt. The lyrics are OK, it's just the delivery that is annoying. I love the "Fela" feel, though. My sis says it has some "Awilo" sampling, I don't know oo.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by BABE3: 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2011
I don't understand the song. undecided Not that I can't comprehend the lyrics; I just don't get the song in general (It's Too Random)-- 
I have to listen to it 27 more times.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by amblors(m): 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2011
^^^
its all about him liking/loving ladies
Beyonce, Genevieve etc.
& their bootays grin grin

dude's a clown, minting his moni sha.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by BABE3: 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2011
^^ Yup---A big fat clown. The song is growing on me though (That's how all his recent singles are. They sound foolish at first, then they grow on you)--- undecided angry It's been on replay.

You should watch him and his crew "jonzing"---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXd3etGCY8
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by amblors(m): 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2011
yea that vid was hilarious.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by jiggaz(m): 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2011
The song is just Ok, i think it grows on u after many listens though. But trust anything from Mohits, it will be a HIT in a short time, Lol.

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Sico: 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2011
Download - D'banj - Oliver Twist - http://www.mytruspot.com/dbanjonline/song_focus_8313.php

[flash=317,295]http://www.mytruspot.com/include/flash/TSPlayer.swf?playlist_url=http://www.mytruspot.com/play.php%3Fmode%3Dsong_hifi%26format%3Dts_M%26band_id%3D2544%26song_id%3Dall%26type%3Dxspf&autoload=true&autoplay=true&info_button_text=&playlist_title=Tru+Spot+Song+Player[/flash]
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Brisingr(m): 4:46am On Aug 19, 2011
BABE!:

^^ Yup---A big fat clown. The song is growing on me though (That's how all his recent singles are. They sound foolish at first, then they grow on you)--- undecided angry It's been on replay.

You should watch him and his crew "jonzing"---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXd3etGCY8
na potent juju his babalawo his vry good
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by BABE3: 3:23am On Aug 22, 2011
Hiya! Small small o. grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 22, 2011
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by ask4double(m): 8:22am On Aug 22, 2011
i listened to it on Saturday, the song is a crap, rubbish has no meaning or whatsoever, na so so women women dbang de talk about for him songs>>>The dude is not creative @ all, what has Oliver twist got to do wiv beyonce, Genevieve, omotola and so on, he should try and come up wiv something different like the likes of his rivalries e.g 2face, MI, and so on, mchewwww nonsense,
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by BABE3: 8:25am On Aug 22, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Correct babalawo. The Baba don hook D'banj up with awon Iyami osoromoniga, awon ati apa je ori, ati ifun je edo. Let me just stop there. Although the song doesn't make any sense to me, the juju is working on me. I can't stop listening.

lol-- Nawa.

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by deluxecad(m): 8:31am On Aug 22, 2011
Never liked D'banj. He's just plain and showy.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by owee: 8:31am On Aug 22, 2011
The song is wack, Doesnt really  make sense. Wonder what the whole hype around the song is all about.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:37am On Aug 22, 2011
deluxecad:

Never liked D'banj. He's just plain and showy.

and making lotsa dough no doubt grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by freepeople: 8:40am On Aug 22, 2011
ask4double:

i listened to it on Saturday, [size=16pt]the song is a crap, rubbish has no meaning or whatsoever[/size], na so so women women dbang de talk about for him songs>>>The dude is not creative @ all, what has Oliver twist got to do wiv beyonce, Genevieve, omotola and so on, he should try and come up wiv something different like the likes of his rivalries e.g 2face, MI, and so on, mchewwww nonsense,  

[size=16pt]Oliver Twist song is a very serious wack job. I'm deeply disappointed by Dbanj's lack of originality. I wonder how these fakers manage to survive in Nigeria[/size].
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by LoveKing(m): 8:54am On Aug 22, 2011
when we say the song is wack peeps will say yeah but he is making money. hey money go finish one day but what about the legacy.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by playmode(m): 8:56am On Aug 22, 2011
For once he is not spilling his Nigerian "raz boy" trash (which you guys call his winning formula).I like the song,the delivery is perfect and the beat is solid.I just played it on my HTPC and for the first time i find myself dancing to a d,banj song.Sounds like something produced by kanye though  grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by marcus1234: 9:10am On Aug 22, 2011
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by dforestfox: 9:24am On Aug 22, 2011
I like the song, Nice one!
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by obailala(m): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2011
D'banj is just a star. He's been spitting trash for almost a decade and he's always been himself and very original; never throwing away his Nigerian accent or style. This guy has carved a niche for himself and no matter how stuupid his songs might sound, they are always a hit.

May I also add for those that say he only sings of girls, that is his style of singing and as a professional, he always sticks to it. He's not like most other wack naija artists that would want to include all the existing genres in one album (funny enough, that's what some nigerians call creativity/talent)
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by xtremeidea(m): 9:30am On Aug 22, 2011
stupid n meaninless song
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by lakefist(m): 9:36am On Aug 22, 2011
most nairalanders only knw how to condem people's work am very sure sum of cant do a thing for ya self talk less of composing a piece of song, u guys tink composing a song is like tea and bread, if u dont like d song pls go across ur street and hug a transformer, d dude is making cool cash .
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by brixton: 9:47am On Aug 22, 2011
My big question;is this what he is planning to sing to d Americans?? Dis song is complete SHYT

lakefist link=topic=739204.msg8s978309#msg8978309 date=1314002187:

most nairalanders only knw how to condem people's work am very sure sum of cant do a thing for ya self talk less of cdis song iomposing a piece of song, u guys tink composing a song is like tea and bread, if u dont like d song pls go across your street and hug a transformer, d dude is making cool cash .
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by ChiefEben(m): 9:53am On Aug 22, 2011
I love Dbanj, even if he releases a speech for a song!
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by freepeople: 9:59am On Aug 22, 2011
lakefist:

most nairalanders only knw how to condem people's work am very sure sum of cant do a thing for ya self talk less of composing a piece of song, u guys tink composing a song is like tea and bread, if u dont like d song pls go across your street and hug a transformer, d dude is making cool cash .

[size=16pt]Unfortunately, I don't celebrate mediocres. Why should I bother to compose a song when I don't have talent for it? God endowed each of us with different talents. So why bother imitating another individual? Can Dbanj be able to perform my job?
Dbanj is a professional artist and we don't expect a wack job from him. As simple as that.
[/size]

brixton:

My big question;is this what he is planning to sing to d Americans?? Dis song is complete SHYT

[size=16pt]Good question[/size] grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Geomel: 10:00am On Aug 22, 2011
May God guide and see him true in all his endeavors in Jesus name.AMEN
www.web4lgaos.com.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by silvertuke(m): 10:00am On Aug 22, 2011
keep listing to the music, it will get used to you soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download New MP3: Jonnykage Ft Iceboxx, Upper X- Chi Chum Chin / Exclusive:::::: Faaji Plus - St Janet (contains Lewd Lyrics) / Should I Use My Real Name Or A Nickname As My Stage Name? Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.