Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? (16322 Views)

Capital Express Assurance Ltd Nationwide Entry-level Job Vacancies-26 Positions / Wema Bank Fresh Graduate & Mid-level Job Recruitment 2017 / Cornerstone Staffing Massive Graduate & Mid-level Job Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by babaYIBO: 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
Finished NYSC earlier this month and also turn 30.

Not my fault as it was hard gettting into the university after secondary school, had to settle for polytechnic where another years was wasted as a result of polytechnic epileptic academic calendar.

After i finished OnD, had to wait extra 3years to gather money before proceeding to the University. Then at the university, most times were wasted on strike and all. Eventually graduated last year and now I’m confused as to how to apply as most entry jobs have this age limit clause. Same with graduate trainee too.

So please, are there companies that don’t discriminate their recruitment with age? Or how precisely should I go about my job search?

Thank you as you contribute

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by KingOfTheDamned: 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2022
You apply for the job undecided

12 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by vinceyinnovation: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
Don't put your age in your CV it's irrelevant, sometimes even the year of your graduation may even be a turn off to the employer.

Put what matters to the job in your CV/Resume, get invited for interview, ace the interview with flying colors and discuss about age later (if the company will ever ask it) but certainly no good company will see a good pick and drop them because of age.

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Righthussle: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
You no sabi lie ?
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Kentuforchrist(m): 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
Here to read comments as I never reach 30 yet
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by okezuoemmanue(m): 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
cry
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by omoredia: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
Bro gather skills and certification and get quality references. Also add volunteering work too. E.g work part time in your church finance department

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by ATEAMS: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
Grace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by DenreleDave(m): 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
angry angry
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Adeling(m): 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
Run your own business

We all mustn't go to school just so we can work in a big company.

Some of us have the potential of becoming business tycoons if only we are not scared of starting small

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by lansha2006: 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
Entry level job is based on your level experience and have got nothing to do with your age.

15 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by tunjilee003: 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
Apply for the ones without age barrier entries..

1 Like

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Primusinterpares(m): 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
The lord is your strength...

God will make an open door for you in Jesus Name. Amen

21 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by OBUKOMENA: 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
Before Diamond Bank merged up with Access Bank, I heard their Entry Level age limit was 30.

BTW:

In this coming general elections, I and my entire family are voting all Labour Party candidates. The reason is simple: apart from the fact that the party has the best presidential candidate, the Labour party is poised to presenting and implementing the fundamental people-centric policies in accordance with the International Labour Organisation (ILO) standard.

So, we shall be casting our votes to Architect Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour in Lagos.

Oya, come and beat us in our house.

9 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Olu1000: 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
Start your own business.
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by headboyprince(m): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
What can you contribute to the company that will employ you. Age doesn't matter wink

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Fenesa1: 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
Kk
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by kingmsookwagh(m): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
It is who you know that matters....
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by JARUSHUB: 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
Read JarusHub.com
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by ecolime(m): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
At this age, you just need to settle for very low paying jobs just to garner experience and skills.

Once your feet is solid, you can then aim for higher paying jobs.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by ibechris(m): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
omoredia:
Bro gather skills and certification and get quality references. Also add volunteering work too. E.g work part time in your church finance department

Why finance department?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by akwesenana: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
Righthussle:

Can I call my future self with this phone?
Yes. With iPhone 14.

And OP, what is the motivation for your moniker? smiley
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by mespusinglez(m): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
MAKE I GO REDUCE MY AGE BEFORE I GRADUATE
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by babaYIBO: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
JARUSHUB:
Read JarusHub.com

Link please

1 Like

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Opinionated: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by omoredia: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
ibechris:

Why finance department?

Thats If u are looking to enter a finance role in a company. It's an example. If u are an engineer volunteer to be a gen maintenance engineer in your church

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Richy4(m): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
cool grin grin smiley
The last time I checked, entry level job is a job meant for someone that's out of college or someone that is changing a career.. it has nothing to do with age..

If u are asking if u will be discriminated upon in your job career as u climb the ladder of success, the answer is Yes.. either u will see that individual that will tell you that u are way too young to be a manager or you are extremely too old to be in your position... Except u wanna relocate to Jupiter where there's no discrimination smiley

12 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Honestfrend: 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2022
Change ur age.. Simple..
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Childofaking: 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2022
Some organizations put age limit like 25, 26. Others don't. Apply for all of them. your own is your own and it will come.

but you can also decide not not have a CV , not to work for any body. It is a hard way but on the long run, it is the sure way.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Knows Anything About The Outsource Company Please???? / Whytecleon Ltd Calling / NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.