Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? (16323 Views)

Capital Express Assurance Ltd Nationwide Entry-level Job Vacancies-26 Positions / Wema Bank Fresh Graduate & Mid-level Job Recruitment 2017 / Cornerstone Staffing Massive Graduate & Mid-level Job Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Triangles1(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2022
Hand work is the best jor
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by JARUSHUB: 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2022
babaYIBO:

Link please

Look at the username and put .com behind it. Loads of resources.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Ehinjuola: 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2022
Righthussle:
You no sabi lie ?

How?

Will it not shows in all the documents he has been carry along
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Donvictor2015: 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2022
I just got my own first career job after 5 years of graduation at the age of 31.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by ejimatic: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2022
babaYIBO:
Finished NYSC earlier this month and also turn 30.

Not my fault as it was hard gettting into the university after secondary school, had to settle for polytechnic where another years was wasted as a result of polytechnic epileptic academic calendar.

After i finished OnD, had to wait extra 3years to gather money before proceeding to the University. Then at the university, most times were wasted on strike and all. Eventually graduated last year and now I’m confused as to how to apply as most entry jobs have this age limit clause. Same with graduate trainee too.

So please, are there companies that don’t discriminate their recruitment with age? Or how precisely should I go about my job search?

Thank you as you contribute
Graduate will start from Level 7 Maters holders level 8. Lecturing:. University. : 1st Degree. Graduate Assistant. Masters:. Assistant Lecturer. Polytechnics :. Ist degree Assistant lecturer. Masters :. Lecturer III. If approved graduates will start soon from GA too in polytechnics
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by vaxx: 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2022
Some degree certificate comes with your age written on it . Especially German university certificate.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Goalnaldo(m): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2022
lansha2006:
Entry level job is based on your level experience and have got nothing to do with your age.
Says who? Most entry level jobs has age limit of 27 years

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by vaxx: 12:34pm On Oct 20, 2022
Some degree certificate comes with date of birth, even where you were born is written on them. Especially German university certificate.
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by sulaak(m): 12:34pm On Oct 20, 2022
babaYIBO:

Not my fault as it was hard gettting into the university after secondary school, had to settle for polytechnic where another years was wasted as a result of polytechnic epileptic academic calendar.

After i finished OnD, had to wait extra 3years to gather money before proceeding to the University. Then at the university, most times were wasted on strike and all. Eventually graduated last year and now I’m confused as to how to apply as most entry jobs have this age limit clause. Same with graduate trainee too.

So please, are there companies that don’t discriminate their recruitment with age? Or how precisely should I go about my job search?

You should list all relevant experience, both academic and professional. For example, completing an OND/HND and, finally, a degree would have taken the best part of 8 years. How did you raise funds?

list some of the jobs, both part-time and full-time. Do you work for a charity are you involved in any NGO?
What extra technical training are you involved in?

The aim is to find relevant work experience that can support your distinguished academic experience.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Grupo(m): 12:34pm On Oct 20, 2022
lansha2006:
Entry level job is based on your level experience and have got nothing to do with your age.

Typing rubbish with confidence.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by pinacole1(m): 12:34pm On Oct 20, 2022
lansha2006:

We u dnt have abything to say u better hold ur peace. Haba how wud u say entry level have nothing to do with age. Infact entry level is purely a function of age and not experience. Ok. That is y it is called entry level.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by sofeo(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2022
Alrighy
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by kaywhy09(m): 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2022
I really don't know
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by sofeo(m): 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2022
Plz acquire skills, or and also IT skills.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Majlaw(m): 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2022
Welcome to the league of 30's

1 Like

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by bet9ja(m): 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2022
babaYIBO:

I will adverse you to focus on skills acquisition and stop thinking like average Nigerian, I started my career at the age of 29 - 30 with just WAEC. Focus on skill acquisition, follow by certification, you may now proceed to get your BSC and others if you want to.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by AyobamiIsaac12: 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2022
Like some people have said here, you have no issue if you have a solid connection that can get you a job, or you've got some skills that are highly in demand. I want to assume you possess some skills due to the gaps between the inception of your tertiary studies to the completion. If not, it's not too late to learn because I know people over the age of 40 who changed to career that they absolutely had no experience about and succeeded excellently in them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Digitalstarlite: 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2022
Send me your email address to add u to groups for job opportunities sir
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by skondo09(m): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2022
You are making yourself look as if you are over age already.. don't go look for job with that mindset.. even jobs with age restriction, apply, do your best at interview, pray and leave the rest to God to show you mercy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by babaYIBO: 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2022
bet9ja:
I will adverse you to focus on skills acquisition and stop thinking like average Nigerian, I started my career at the age of 29 - 30 with just WAEC. Focus on skill acquisition, follow by certification, you may now proceed to get your BSC and others if you want to.

IT skills?
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by tweakdude1: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
Triangles1:
Hand work is the best jor

Yes, but the person need to have good customer relationship skills
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by babaYIBO: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
sofeo:
Plz acquire skills, or and also IT skills.

I’m actually currently doing that.
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Asour: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
You have to do it.

You have to since you have no choice.
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by STEWpid(f): 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
babaYIBO:

Chai

Brother, forget about applying for jobs, except you're sure that you will be doing a VERY good job with better pay; a pay that is comfortable in reference to the current Nigerian situation.

The few VERY good jobs that one may find are not for people without years of cognate experience. The usual job for newbies in Nigeria are largely ordinary jobs with a VERY dehumanizing pay. THIS IS NAIJIRIYA!!

If you move on to start applying for non- existing jobs and you finally land one, you might be smiling at the pay just because it's a new job and getting it was a miracle. But as time goes,
it is you that will think of your situation and your age.

At that point, you will be the one to realize that you're actually older than all that stuffs

This is because;

1. It's a miracle you'll get a reasonable boss.
2. All those small small organizations can never pay you anything reasonable.

Advice;

1. If you have a handwork, better. Is the handwork in vogue? Think..

2. If not or no handwork, meet someone or people that you can serve with to learn a VERY good skill, especially in Building. It would help if you have financial support no matter how little it may be.

Continue the hustle and carry yourself appropriately,
YOU'LL MAKE IT.

AS AN OLD MAN, YOU WILL BE THE ONE TO FIGHT YOURSELF IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT SOON!!!

Anyways, except you have your ways..

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Asour: 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Adeling:
Run your own business

We all mustn't go to school just so we can work in a big company.

Some of us have the potential of becoming business tycoons if only we are not scared of starting small

We all can't be self employed too.
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by nigeriainfo: 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
May Allah assist you in all your endeavors. Sorry it is Nigeria so I understand but honestly here in the US you can get a professional and Non professional job at 60 as long as you know how to do the particular job

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Najdorf: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2022
Righthussle:

Can I call my future self with this phone?
Abeg help me ask grin
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by Muyamz(m): 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2022
What you can do is to do a technical training for the industry you want to work in, and apply with your training experience. For example, In Telecom Engineering, no one cares about your age, as long as you can learn fast and do the job. So if you acquire the relevant training needed in telecoms,you can apply for jobs relevant to the training you have acquired irrespective of your age.

If you need further guide, Message me.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by The5DME(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2022
Gerrard59
Re: How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? by mosho2good: 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2022
Digitalstarlite:
Send me your email address to add u to groups for job opportunities sir

Can I send my mail

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Knows Anything About The Outsource Company Please???? / Whytecleon Ltd Calling / NRC Recruit: Are We Going To Continue Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.