Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities (1885 Views)

EFCC Confirms Arrest Of 89 Yahoo Boys From Ibadan Nightclub - Photos / How A Man Saved Some Boys From Being Illegally Arrested By SARS (Video) / Face Of Yahoo Boys From Imo State Who Scammed A Danish Lady Of 15,000 Euros (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by ajuksobi: 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2022
EXPELLING YAHOO BOYS FROM OUR COMMUNITIES
By:
Ajukura, Fidelis O.
ajukurafidelisobi@gmail.com
20th October,2022

INTRODUCTION:
My decision to do this write-up was triggered by what I saw two years ago when I travelled to Omoku*. During my brief stay, I noticed a particular fenced compound. The compound possessed an unmistakable serenity around it but there was something sinister about the building. Although, I could not pinpoint exactly what the problem was but my sixth sense was alarmed. Thus, I decided to do a little digging. Many boys live inside the beautiful and quiet compound. Each of these boys live in one room self-contain apartment. A cursory look at them reveal immediately that they are non-indigenes of the community. It will not take a keen observer a minute to perceive the misty aura around them. With only few lightheaded questions, my suspicion was affirmed - “they are Yahoo boys!” A man told me nonchalantly. He was not bothered about revealing such information to me, a man he does not know. To him, it was not a secret. Everybody within the neighborhood knows the truth about the occupants of the building. The nocturnal boys inside the compound are hardly noticed or seen in the day time. They are only active in the night. It is during night time that they go out to purchase things, hang out with friends in joints and hotels. Majority of these boys, from my findings, rent or hire apartments in the guise of being students. Once they secure accommodation, they begin their nefarious activities. To have a better understanding of the activities of these faceless fraudsters known as “Yahoo boys”, it is pertinent to walk the reader through their modus operandi and the danger they pose to society.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yahoo-Yahoo” is a localized way of referring to internet fraud. According to Wikipedia, Internet fraud “is a type of cyber-crime that makes use of the internet and could involve hiding information with the aim of defrauding victims of their money, property and inheritance”. Yahoo-Yahoo has become pervasive in Nigeria because of peoples’ attitude towards sources of wealth. In Nigeria, people’s source of wealth is not known or disclosed. Between 70% and 80% of wealth in the country is enmeshed in secrecy. This unfortunate situation has helped to fuel the increase in Yahoo-Yahoo.

Majority of the people who engage in this nefarious activity are young male undergraduates who are computer savvy – they are usually between the ages of 18 and 35. From the proceeds of fraud, they live an extravagant lifestyle. The identity of these boys are not difficult to decipher; they do not have a recognizable source of income yet they are seen cruising round town in expensive cars, clothes, handsets, hang out with exceptionally beautiful girls etc. Many of them wear weird coiffure and tattoos. They congregate in small groups but are noticeable in hotels, bars and clubs because of the way they throw money. Many of them drink heavily and abuse substances like cannabis sativa, tramadol, crystal methamphetamine popularly known as ‘ice’, cocaine etc. Sometimes, they startle onlookers through the way they spend money and smoke things like hookah shisha in the club – they can spend as much as #250,000 just to buy a bottle of drink.

Yahoo boys sometimes do not operate alone; they liaise with their collaborators who are either serving or sacked bank staff. These collaborators furnish them with financial status and details of bank customers thereby making such customers easy prey. Yahoo boys have sent many of their victims to early grave; they have ruined homes and businesses. Yahoo boys are enemies of society – they are evil.

Yahoo boys do not need to be in a particular environment or location to carry out their nefarious activities. All they need is their computer, access to the internet and a place where they can operate (freely) without prying eyes. Yahoo boys can spend a whole day on their computer monitoring the activities of their would-be victim – Yahoo boys are patient but vicious predators.

Yahoo boys are always on the move, they do not reside in a place for long, ones they register a big kill, they relocate to another area.

Yahoo-Yahoo is not for dullards. It takes a quick-witted mind to con somebody. Many of the Yahoo boys who are either undergraduates or fresh graduates scam people who are within and outside their locality. There are several report of how security operatives have arrested Yahoo boys for scamming people who reside outside their locality – with the internet, the entire globe is a small village.

What the Yahoo boys are doing today is not different from what people have done in the past – people have always used deceptive or fraudulent means to dispossess others of their money and properties. The only difference with Yahoo boys is that they take advantage of the vulnerability of the internet space.

Yahoo-Yahoo (cybercrime) is gradually becoming less lucrative because many people are now conscious of the activities of the devil incarnates. Corporate bodies, groups, organizations are not resting on their oars – they are constantly introducing measures to checkmate the activities of Yahoo boys. Similarly, they are reminding members of the public through advert placements, text messages etc to be vigilant of the wiles of the fraudsters. In this regard, defrauding people have become somewhat difficult for Yahoo boys. Although, the Yahoo boys are not resting – they are constantly devising new methods of defrauding people.

Since Yahoo boys are used to living a lavish lifestyle, condescending to a level of earning few thousands at the end of every month is just inconceivable. For this reason, majority of them have decided to up the ante by going into kidnapping and rebranded Yahoo-Yahoo known as “Yahoo plus (Yahoo+) and Yahoo plus-plus (Yahoo++)”.

Most of the kidnappings within the locality are orchestrated by Yahoo boys. Rebranded Yahoo-Yahoo is simply the introduction or use of magical or occult powers to manipulate people into becoming victims. Rebranded Yahoo-Yahoo is categorized into two classes namely; Yahoo plus (Yahoo+) and Yahoo plus-plus (Yahoo++). The Yahoo plus makes use of magical or occult powers to hoodwink or hypnotize people. In this case, people unknowingly yield to the demands of the fraudsters. There are reports of people been hypnotized by merely picking a strange phone call. Yahoo plus-plus is unconnected with the use of the internet. In this brand of Yahoo, victims are used for money rituals. Those used for money rituals usually end with madness, one strange illness or the other etc. The choice object of sacrifice in this brand are “young girls”: they are hunted and used with great relish. Items belonging to young girls such as; pants, bras, used sanitary pads etc are often taken and used for money rituals. Sometimes, they are lured to secret places where they are gruesomely murdered and their body parts harvested for ritual purposes.

CONCLUSION:
Yahoo boys from every indication are bad news; they are verminous and evil. No human society should tolerate the presence of such nocuous bipeds. To this end, landlords must make genuine effort to ascertain the identity of those they release their houses to in the name of rent. All stakeholders in the community must ensure that all Yahoo boys and their collaborators are identified and expelled from the community. By this, I do not, in any way suggest that people should take the law into their own hands by harassing members of the community in the guise of chasing out Yahoo boys. Diligent investigation should be carried out by the local vigilante personnel. If there is substantial evidence to show that a fellow is involved in Yahoo-Yahoo, such a person should be handed over to the appropriate law enforcement agency for further investigation and prosecution.

*Omoku is the author’s home town. It is also the Headquarter of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area in Rivers State.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by gulfer: 11:20am On Oct 21, 2022
Na wa o angry angry angry
Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by TheboyGhost(m): 3:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
You are very Stupid!!!! Very very Stupid!!!!

You heard me right Very very Stupid!!!

Infact God punish you Idiot!!!!

angry angry sad

5 Likes

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by crystalrealtors(m): 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2022
You must be really jobless to sit down and type all these. Go get a job low life bastard!

6 Likes

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by Goodbadbowy419: 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2022
You need medical check up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 22, 2022
TheboyGhost:

angry angry sad

Take am easy, senior yahoo boy.

9 Likes

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by gaby(m): 2:29am On Oct 22, 2022
Wow
Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by GolanBaller: 8:22am On Oct 22, 2022
You are living in a poverty fueled illusion,your so ignorant and passively blind mentally,Yahoo boys are not the problem..a failed country is ...when there is no Law there ain't no Sin fucker... And Yahoo yahoo is not easy,try learn..spamming or loading or cracking or Java self...you can't because your dumb brain want to believe a lie ...

I remain loyal to real hustlers out there ..
And I dy redeem cards.. iTunes,Amazon,steam etc...I dy load too..geme job make I fat pass this ..

WhatsApp 09168443019
Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by GeneralPula: 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2022
You said they’re always quiet but you smell something fishy due to your cho cho cho?

Then you said people told you they’re yahoo boys?

Then you come to nairaland to concoct everything together because they told you the guys living at your street are yahoo boys?

Is it only yahoo boys that don’t go out? Are you just getting to know that many Nigerians are introvert & love staying home? Stop alleging people wrongly..

4 Likes

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by Badadvisor: 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2022
GeneralPula:
You said they’re always quiet but you smell something fishy due to your cho cho cho?

Then you said people told you they’re yahoo boys?

Then you come to nairaland to concoct everything together because they told you the guys living at your street are yahoo boys?

Is it only yahoo boys that don’t go out? Are you just getting to know that many Nigerians are introvert & love staying home? Stop alleging people wrongly..
Very lame thinking. All neighbors will start gossiping you being into fraud and hating unnecessary cos you look neat always and drive a good car and if you Wan to make them run totally mad then stay alone maybe in a two bed or 3 bed apartments grin
Even in rich neighborhood you'd be surprised alot of Nigerians are like this. Just ignore them and tell them to go call efcc or police if they ever feel I'm doing something bad. Don't have nothing else to say to them again.

1 Like

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by BigYash: 10:04am On Nov 27, 2022
Op if only you could write long epistle like this about the politicians that stole the beautiful destinies of these same youths.. How many write up have you written like this about the unemployment and the bad policies that stops or discourage these youths from doing legit business? Fraud is bad,but government is the major cause,take it or leave it.. To rent shop now,say you wan start some business, you go dey hear block. No be taxes from local and state government o. Op give these youth jobs first,then if they still continue fraud, you can write anything you want.. Government pay kidnappers millions of naira,but to encourage youths who are ready to work legitimately ,na problem for them. If that same youth come go do shit cux of frustration, some modafucking hypocrites like you,go dey align rubbish..

3 Likes

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by Nostring: 11:08am On Nov 27, 2022
God bless you Op.. Ogun kill all Yahoo boys.. especially the ones on this thread whyning like a dog lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by diogo23: 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2022
TheboyGhost:

angry angry sad
See them people GOD will punished without looking back, keep on destroying people all in the name of making it big, karma await you and your generation

1 Like

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by diogo23: 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2022
Goodbadbowy419:
You need medical check up
See them criminal, unrepentant fools

1 Like

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by diogo23: 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2022
GolanBaller:
You are living in a poverty fueled illusion,your so ignorant and passively blind mentally,Yahoo boys are not the problem..a failed country is ...when there is no Law there ain't no Sin fucker... And Yahoo yahoo is not easy,try learn..spamming or loading or cracking or Java self...you can't because your dumb brain want to believe a lie ...

I remain loyal to real hustlers out there ..
And I dy redeem cards.. iTunes,Amazon,steam etc...I dy load too..geme job make I fat pass this ..

WhatsApp 09168443019
What is the problem fool? Huspuppi is he blaming fail Nigeria government where is he now? When they got you tell them that nonsense karma await you and your generation

1 Like

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by diogo23: 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
Nostring:
God bless you Op.. Ogun kill all Yahoo boys.. especially the ones on this thread whyning like a dog lipsrsealed
Amen, see as they are spitting trash up there

2 Likes

Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by TheboyGhost(m): 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
diogo23:

See them people GOD will punished without looking back, keep on destroying people all in the name of making it big, karma await you and your generation

grin grin grin

Karma should start with the politicians first and if your family has any political body in it then God punish you severely for not cursing your family first.... grin grin
Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by Britishcoins(m): 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2022
So yahoo boys plenty here... Even though yahoo boys are my customers but I hate their activities
Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by Didijiji: 11:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
TheboyGhost:

grin grin grin

Karma should start with the politicians first and if your family has any political body in it then God punish you severely for not cursing your family first.... grin grin
stop being stupid
Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by TheboyGhost(m): 11:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
Didijiji:
stop being stupid

No I think the stupid Person is the OP and not me....

So if I am ask, how am I been stupid?
Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by Didijiji: 12:03am On Nov 28, 2022
TheboyGhost:

No I think the stupid Person is the OP and not me....

So if I am ask, how am I been stupid?
yahoo is evil. That is how
Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by TheboyGhost(m): 12:08am On Nov 28, 2022
Didijiji:
yahoo is evil. That is how

Yes Yahoo is Evil....

You right....
Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by Franzinni: 1:43am On Nov 28, 2022
You know karma is real... What does a 25 year old know about life ? What does even a 35 year old know about life ?

Let them eat all the blessings in thier life at once ... Then they begin the journey of pain... You can NEVER escape it ... I have not seen anyone who has.

If no be wisdom ... I for done be thief and fraudster ... Let's call them by thier name ...

Thieves.
Re: Expelling Yahoo Boys From Our Communities by Goodbadbowy419: 6:57am On Nov 28, 2022
diogo23:

See them criminal, unrepentant fools
You wake up sad man
Rest

(1) (Reply)

Father Catches 17 Year Old Daughter Pants Down Bleeping Her Nephew (photos) / Taxify Drivers Stay Woke! This Passenger, Alaga Zainab Is A Theif!! / My experience with a ritualist last year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.