Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,070 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta (19031 Views)

Peter Obi Visits Governor Diri Duoye & Victims Of Flood Disaster In Bayelsa / Shiites Knocks El-rufai Over Conditions On El-zakzaky Medical Leave / N/assembly Workers Threaten Strike Over Conditions Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by MoneyMustBMade(m): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2022
Apc people that don't even know anything about climate change. How will the help come?
Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by 2elliot: 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2022
TinubuPikin:
They should mobilize their people at home to vote a responsive and responsible government...if not flood will overrun their villages and fishes will be living in their living rooms, etc...

No be to cry out, let them vote Peter Obi, a very simple solution
We are all voting Obi. In fact, once I become the youths president in my place next month, I will start a big movement for Obi. We must get it right with Obi.
Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by blueAgent(m): 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2022
JaskanFactor:

i am about as well as you are ignorant about the world you live in.
i take interest in my people , and i have studied the history of the world going back to millions of years, like the time when lived people who had thier face in thier stomach, , or back when the mountains were still trees that reached into the clouds.
I dont expect shallow people to appreciate such information.

Such information is useless to people whose mind never goes far from stomach and penis .
So its safe to say i was not talking to you.

I was talking to the people suffering from the floods , the terrorists, and all the other evils the colonial owners of Nigeria are imposing on Nigeria .

I dont expect an ignorant fool to appreciate such matters as grave danger for their people.
Do you have another question for me?

It's obvious your mental state is not stable, most woke ppl like are suffer from depression and inferiority complex.

You need to wakeup man.
Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by Iykoto86(m): 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2022
snapshot:
I lost two sisters on Monday in Bayelsa,the bodies were recovered on Tuesday,right now I am so heartbroken
Kai,sorry nwanne.i can only imagine what people are going through in bayelsa and other affected states.Na God go confort una.
Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by wink2015(m): 11:37pm On Oct 20, 2022
Why is the ijaw nation not talking about the role of President Goodluck Jonathan former president of Nigeria when the floods of a more serious dimensions first occurred when the government of President Paul Biya of Cameroun opened up their dam ?

He President Jonathan was President of Nigeria in 2012.

He failed WOEFULLY to make use of the office to advance the rapid development of the ijaw people, southern Nigeria and Nigeria at large.

That was the time crude oil was selling above the $100 benchmark and the economy of Nigeria was stable but Ex- President Goodluck Jonathan failed in his responsibility as President if Nigeria to address this problems.

He did NOTHING for his people neither the good people of southern Nigeria during his 5 years plus some months tenure.

He was busy building Amajiri schools for Northern kids whose parents value religion more than education.

These Amajiri schools President Jonathan built in some states in northern Nigeria turned out to be wastage of scarce funds as they were built without careful thought by the Jonathan administration about how it will be continuously used by future government in the north.

The Amajiri schools were built as a political strategy by President Jonathan to win votes in the northern states.

At the moment the Amajiri schools have been abandoned by the states government of states hosting the facilities because they do not value education.

What a misplaced priority by the Jonathan administration?

Ex- President Jonathan thought Presidency was forever.

His government failed to finish the East West road that link most of the states in the south south region.

The flood of 2012 was a welcomed
development to the reality that was to face States that are linked to the major Rivers of River Niger, River Benue and the Atlantic Ocean.

Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clark ( Ijaw Elder Statesman ) Former Federal Commissioner of Education under the General Yakubu Gowon government was quick to find fault with the President Buhari government for it's lack of political will to tackle the food that is presently ravaging Benue, Kogi, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, and some other states in Nigeria.

Chief Edwin Clark was quick to condemn the attitude of the federal government for their lack of responsiveness to render humanitarian assistance towards the victims of flood in the affected states particularly in the southern states in Nigeria.

Chief Clark was quoted to have criticize the attitude of the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs Ms.Sadiya Umar Farouq whom he claimed visited Sokoto state and donated food items to vulnerable persons.

I personally will not blame President Muhammadu Buhari government for it's failure to be proactive in addressing one of the biggest floods in Nigeria.

We enlightened southerners knew President Buhari as a typically Sectional Ruler who has no love for the good people of southern Nigeria.

Yes, President Muhammadu Buhari hated southerner because the good people of the south through their representative in the Senate and House of Representatives kicked against cattle colony and the infamous Water Resources Bill.

I will continue to blame the political leaders in southern Nigeria for their lack of unity, political will to address the numerous political problems that is bedevilling Nigeria and in particular southern Nigeria.

SO IJAW PEOPLE BLAME YOUR SON, FATHER, UNCLE AND BROTHER IN THE PERSON OF EX-PRESIDENT JONATHAN FOR NOT ADDRESSING
CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE AS PRESIDENT DURING HIS TIME AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA.

Ex-President Jonathan failure as President of Nigeria are far too numerous to mention.

Recently during a book launching ceremony which Ex-President Jonathan was an invited guest. He Dr Jonathan blamed the lack of time for his failure to sign the National Conference Report of 2014 into law.

I think Dr. Jonathan was scared of reaction from the northern states of Nigeria if he goes ahead to approve the implementation of the decision arrived at the 2014 National Conference Report.

Secondly, Dr Jonathan desired to seek reelection. And this was his principal desire that made him to push aside the report with the hope of signing the conference report after securing a second term tenure.

But the Northern political leaders were so clever as they UP THEIR GAME and President Jonathan never won reelection for a second term.

East West road that cut across some states in the Niger Delta region President Jonathan abandoned the road nearly totally uncompleted before he lost the presidency to President Buhari in 2015.

It is President Muhammadu Buhari administration that is presently working on the East West road.

The federal Amnesty Program to Niger Delta militant which brought about the payment of N65,000 monthly to some approved militant who surrendered their weapons and accepted the amnesty offered by the federal government was not through Vice President Jonathan technical input but through the benevolence of the Ya'ardua administration.

Presently, President Muhammadu Buhari a core northerner has granted pipeline guidance and surveillance contract to the Tantia Security Company owned by ex-militant leader, Mr Government Ekpemupolo who is popularly known as Tompolo.

These contracts did not come from Former President Goodluck Jonathan a son of the ijaw nation.

I will conclude this article that Ex-President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan to a large extent disappointed his people the ijaw nation who are now the biggest victims of this flood.

Many ijaws today have no place to call their home simply because of the futuristic planlessness of the Jonathan administration.

Some may argue here that government is a continuous system but Jonathan should have take the bull on the hand by engaging foreign company overseas to build dams since the ijaws who are the biggest victims of this flood are living in the lower end of the Niger facing the high sea which is the Atlantic Ocean.
Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by JaskanFactor: 4:02am On Oct 21, 2022
blueAgent:

It's obvious your mental state is not stable, most woke ppl like are suffer from depression and inferiority complex.

You need to wakeup man.

If caring about the people of your nation is woke, i am happy to be the one who invented the idea into your shallow mind.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by Lionnation: 6:16am On Oct 21, 2022
Where is asari dokubo
Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 21, 2022
Come back home and develop your region, if you really loved your people you won't japa to another country to be sucking white cock and shedding crocodile tears.
Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 21, 2022
wink2015:
Why is the ijaw nation not talking about the role of President Goodluck Jonathan former president of Nigeria when the floods of a more serious dimensions first occurred when the government of President Paul Biya of Cameroun opened up their dam ?

He President Jonathan was President of Nigeria in 2012.

He failed WOEFULLY to make use of the office to advance the rapid development of the ijaw people, southern Nigeria and Nigeria at large.

That was the time crude oil was selling above the $100 benchmark and the economy of Nigeria was stable but Ex- President Goodluck Jonathan failed in his responsibility as President if Nigeria to address this problems.

He did NOTHING for his people neither the good people of southern Nigeria during his 5 years plus some months tenure.

He was busy building Amajiri schools for Northern kids whose parents value religion more than education.

These Amajiri schools President Jonathan built in some states in northern Nigeria turned out to be wastage of scarce funds as they were built without careful thought by the Jonathan administration about how it will be continuously used by future government in the north.

The Amajiri schools were built as a political strategy by President Jonathan to win votes in the northern states.

At the moment the Amajiri schools have been abandoned by the states government of states hosting the facilities because they do not value education.

What a misplaced priority by the Jonathan administration?

Ex- President Jonathan thought Presidency was forever.

His government failed to finish the East West road that link most of the states in the south south region.

The flood of 2012 was a welcomed
development to the reality that was to face States that are linked to the major Rivers of River Niger, River Benue and the Atlantic Ocean.

Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clark ( Ijaw Elder Statesman ) Former Federal Commissioner of Education under the General Yakubu Gowon government was quick to find fault with the President Buhari government for it's lack of political will to tackle the food that is presently ravaging Benue, Kogi, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, and some other states in Nigeria.

Chief Edwin Clark was quick to condemn the attitude of the federal government for their lack of responsiveness to render humanitarian assistance towards the victims of flood in the affected states particularly in the southern states in Nigeria.

Chief Clark was quoted to have criticize the attitude of the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs Ms.Sadiya Umar Farouq whom he claimed visited Sokoto state and donated food items to vulnerable persons.

I personally will not blame President Muhammadu Buhari government for it's failure to be proactive in addressing one of the biggest floods in Nigeria.

We enlightened southerners knew President Buhari as a typically Sectional Ruler who has no love for the good people of southern Nigeria.

Yes, President Muhammadu Buhari hated southerner because the good people of the south through their representative in the Senate and House of Representatives kicked against cattle colony and the infamous Water Resources Bill.

I will continue to blame the political leaders in southern Nigeria for their lack of unity, political will to address the numerous political problems that is bedevilling Nigeria and in particular southern Nigeria.

SO IJAW PEOPLE BLAME YOUR SON, FATHER, UNCLE AND BROTHER IN THE PERSON OF EX-PRESIDENT JONATHAN FOR NOT ADDRESSING
CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE AS PRESIDENT DURING HIS TIME AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA.

Ex-President Jonathan failure as President of Nigeria are far too numerous to mention.

Recently during a book launching ceremony which Ex-President Jonathan was an invited guest. He Dr Jonathan blamed the lack of time for his failure to sign the National Conference Report of 2014 into law.

I think Dr. Jonathan was scared of reaction from the northern states of Nigeria if he goes ahead to approve the implementation of the decision arrived at the 2014 National Conference Report.

Secondly, Dr Jonathan desired to seek reelection. And this was his principal desire that made him to push aside the report with the hope of signing the conference report after securing a second term tenure.

But the Northern political leaders were so clever as they UP THEIR GAME and President Jonathan never won reelection for a second term.

East West road that cut across some states in the Niger Delta region President Jonathan abandoned the road nearly totally uncompleted before he lost the presidency to President Buhari in 2015.

It is President Muhammadu Buhari administration that is presently working on the East West road.

The federal Amnesty Program to Niger Delta militant which brought about the payment of N65,000 monthly to some approved militant who surrendered their weapons and accepted the amnesty offered by the federal government was not through Vice President Jonathan technical input but through the benevolence of the Ya'ardua administration.

Presently, President Muhammadu Buhari a core northerner has granted pipeline guidance and surveillance contract to the Tantia Security Company owned by ex-militant leader, Mr Government Ekpemupolo who is popularly known as Tompolo.

These contracts did not come from Former President Goodluck Jonathan a son of the ijaw nation.

I will conclude this article that Ex-President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan to a large extent disappointed his people the ijaw nation who are now the biggest victims of this flood.

Many ijaws today have no place to call their home simply because of the futuristic planlessness of the Jonathan administration.

Some may argue here that government is a continuous system but Jonathan should have take the bull on the hand by engaging foreign company overseas to build dams since the ijaws who are the biggest victims of this flood are living in the lower end of the Niger facing the high sea which is the Atlantic Ocean.
Correct , and painfully so.

GEJ was a colossal failure to the region, he created the impression that the people there don't deserve anything from the FG.
Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by obyno82: 9:38am On Oct 21, 2022
Akerele44:

E never responds to Anambra needs na all the 36 states he wan respond to

Abeg getat

You don't have sense.
Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by Akerele44(m): 11:32am On Oct 21, 2022
obyno82:

You don't have sense.

I use am resemble your parents

Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by Litmus: 11:49am On Oct 21, 2022
What does the average Nigeria State governor actually do ?

Meanwhile, (1) people in Nigeria need to force government through protest to build a dam that counters the Cameroonian one.

(2) Until Nigeria builds a counter Dam, relevant States need to map flood patterns and discourage people from building homes in areas the mapping suggests are most flood prone. . Govt may need to buy these lands back from the current owners.

(3) Govt need to invest in comprehensive and enduring drainage systems. We need to invest properly - no half measures - money invested now will be recouped by no longer having to finance recovery projects following annual floods.

(4) Real estate developers in Nigeria should experiment with building homes on arches. If the homes are uniform and arched foundations uniform along the streets of the estate, this could make for unique, beautiful as well as flood-surviving functional communities.

[img] https://anonw.files./2013/01/dscn0141.jpg[/img]
Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by Litmus: 12:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
What does the average Nigeria State governor actually do ?

Meanwhile, (1) people in Nigeria need to force government through protest to build a dam that counters the Cameroonian one.

(2) Until Nigeria builds a counter Dam, relevant States need to map flood patterns and discourage people from building homes in areas the mapping suggests are most flood prone. . Govt may need to buy these lands back from the current owners.

(3) Govt need to invest in comprehensive and enduring drainage systems. We need to invest properly - no half measures - money invested now will be recouped by no longer having to finance recovery projects following annual floods.

(4) Real estate developers in Nigeria should experiment with building homes on arches. If the homes are uniform and arched foundations uniform along the streets of the estate, this could make for unique, beautiful as well as flood-surviving functional communities.
Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by obyno82: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
Akerele44:

I use am resemble your parents

i am not surprised because you are a disgrace to your lineage so you feel the need to attack me, because you are ashamed of your life.
Re: Ijaw Women Of America Cry Out Over Conditions Of Flood Victims In Niger Delta by Litmus: 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2022
By the way, Nigeria, lover of Africa, and advocate of bordelessnes and one Africa passport, has the Cameroon government sent messages of regret, apology and sympathy for the likely billions worth of damages incurred on Nigeria and lives lost?

It's not enough to claim Nigeria should have erected a Dam and leave it at that. In other parts of the world where nations do not take responsibility for ills done to them like Nigeria always does, this sort of event could lead to armed conflict

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

G-5 Governors Adamant, Set For Makinde's Campaign / 3 Soldiers, Gunmen Killed In Daura Attack – Army / Kogi Rerun: INEC Conducts Senatorial Election Without APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.