Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,254 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

The True State Of Things In The South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True State Of Things In The South East (373 Views)

What Is The Security Situation Of Things In Your Area Today? / Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? / 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True State Of Things In The South East by FrankDbadGuy(m): 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2022
I’m Ugoo, an Igbo, from South Eastern Nigeria. A graduate of the university of Port harcourt. A panAfricanist too, so this report is devoid of ethnic sentiments. I love all tribes in Africa, be it Hausa, Yoruba etc. My roommate then in sch is a Yoruba guy from Ogun, and we’ve lived together peacefully for 4 yrs, till graduation. I’ve been to all southern zones in Nigeria and felt comfortable in all, so I bear no grudges or sentiments against any of the tribes.
First, there’s a report stating that Onitsha in Anambra state is the worst city worldwide for air pollution. Despite the fact that I doubt the terming of it as the worst city worldwide “air pollution wise”, they might be right, because I haven’t even left Nigeria before, talk less of visiting the other cities listed to ascertain the validity of the report, but truly, Onitsha is dirty, especially the market environs. Onitsha and the South East as a whole has a low concentration of industries, but a huge number of markets. The markets are mostly dominated by semi literates who have no way of making ends meet than to learn trading from their oga at a young age, hence the “boy boy” pattern. Most didn’t see the 4 walls of a uni, so they do not see the need for curtailing air pollution and environmental protection. Everyone brings out their dicks everywhere and go about their business anywhere, so far there’s a little privacy. The market union leaders aren’t making it any easier. The few toilets, albeit neat are denied access to you except you pay #50. It might be small, but imagine visiting the toilet 4 times daily(the average), you would have paid #200 and #1200 every week, just to ease yourself, without even being aware (in this Buhari’s economy??)
So, most of them go for the easier remedy. Bring out your dick anywhere and urinate, afterall nobody cares (except the ladies shaa).

Gov Soludo should mandate that all toilets should be made free, and add the cost indirectly to their monthly levies, then put in place a task force against the open urinating and improper disposal of refuse. His “commissioner for the environment” office is long dead and forgotten.

*The FG*
The federal government is to be blamed too (deny this fact all you want, it doesn’t change the fact that the south east has the least govt presence. Not fair!)
Most of the educated folks leave Igbo land after graduation and migrate to other zones in search for white collar jobs, since it’s virtually non existent in the south east. To fill the vacuum of their absence, those semi literates from the villages migrate to the cities to learn the trading, at the end our villages are a ghost town because of the mass emigration from the villages.
People migrate majorly for economic reasons. That’s why it pains me heavily when the Igbo are insulted that they do not love staying in their zones. That’s a big lie. They do, else they won’t be going back home during the Christmas tide. But then, how do you expect an engineer to stay in a zone that has little industries, he has no option than to leave for other zones, esp the south west. The Igbo are hard working, intentionally neglected by the FG to be dependent on other zones. It ain’t fair. No nation develops with the central government knowingly neglecting a part of it. No family progresses with the mother showing partiality and preferential treatment to her kids.

*IGR*
it’s true that Ogun state alone generates IGR as much as that of the 5 south eastern states combined. I’m genuinely happy for them, but as a panAfrican, who wants the black race to rise in unison without unnecessary favoritism, it’s unfair that a part of the country gets a preferential treatment, while the other part doesn’t. It’s not something to be proud of. My dear Yoruba folks, it’s not something you should rub on the face of the Igbo and call them names like “developers” who run away from their region. The mere fact that they migrated to your region, started from scratch and still got to a high level should let you know that the problem is the system, not the individuals. Don’t laugh at Igbo, try witnessing what they’ve passed through (and are passing through), and know that there’s more to the story than you guys thinking you’re the better race. Nobody is envying anyone or hateful of anyone, we all want a level play ground. Forget too much talks

*Entertainment wise*
There was a trend on Twitter where a guy said that “If not for the Yoruba factor, Phyno normally is better talented than Olamide, and would have gone farther in the industry”
Well, that’s a personal submission, I’m just sincerely happy that the black man is finally gaining recognition worldwide. I support Real Madrid Alaba(Yoruba), with all my heart, also Uzoho (Igbo), Senior Man Kels, Sane (Senegalese), Mbappe (Cameroonian), Salah too etc. It shows that I’m all for the betterment of the black race. No time for bad belle
That being said, we all know that Afro beats has come to stay, and Yoruba is the dominant language in the genre. Top acts like Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Tiwa, Yemi are all Yoruba while Burna, P Square, Phyno, MI, 2Face are all from the other tribes combined, also Lagos happens to be the entertainment capital of Nigeria. All aspiring musicians must aspire to be accepted into the Lagos airwave first b4 thinking of blowing. Lagos also happens to be a Yoruba land (forget all those rubbish statements of Lagos being a no man’s land, lie!). That means those who are talented, and can express themselves in the Yoruba language get an extra advantage. Then maybe followed by Igbo language.
Well, should I tell the musicians to stop speaking their God given language? Lie lie. It’s your natural language, continue, God knows I learnt some Yoruba from my roommate so that I could keep up with Zlatan, my fav rapper then.
*Solution*
The solution to this is that the Igbo should stop crying fowl upon any little matter. Nature abhors the weak and embraces the strong.
Enugu state already has an “entertainment-like” lifestyle already. Gov Ugwuanyi (or whomsoever wins the Enugu guber next year) should invest massively into the entertainment industry. Upcoming musicians shouldn’t migrate all the way to Lagos before they can make it. Let us make the sector more competitive. Those living up north should lessen their religious stand on issues too and allow their creativity to rise. I doubt that MI and Ice Prince would have gone far in the industry if they’d stayed longer in the north alone. The US Hollywood was majorly based mainly in LA, the Western part of the US. Folks had to travel all the way to the West from the east, till folks from New York said enough was enough. They invested massively into the NY movie world, and we can see the positive results today. Also, those living in Georgia are also promoting their movies majorly. We can all see the excellent results gotten from the Hollywood industry. The big difference between blacks and whites. Nollywood and blacks as a whole should learn healthy competition. It makes life worth it and fun.
So, pls I’ll end it here. I just decided to write this piece to help educate those who derive pleasure in insulting the South Easterners of being lazy or refusing to develop their zone. Also, to Soludo to sit up environmental wise, else his re-election go choke o. Then to Enugu state folks to end that shitty “Enugu state is in the hands of God bla bla bla” and sit up.
God bless us all
God bless the black man.
Moderators, FP pls

2 Likes

Re: The True State Of Things In The South East by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2022
"One could be befuddled why a person from an identifiable tribe would displace his heritage to state ,he is from Lagos !!!
Are you ashamed of your genealogy?"

1 Like

Re: The True State Of Things In The South East by Jennylove21(f): 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2022
What are you trying to add undecided
Re: The True State Of Things In The South East by Resourcesswift: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2022
Ewu..
No go hustle
Dey there dey do
owo mi da!
Lazy waste beiñg

1 Like

Re: The True State Of Things In The South East by FreeStuffsNG: 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2022
Nice one! Stay true to your values. You will go far in life. Love begets more love and when you bless others and your land, you get blessed.

1 Like

Re: The True State Of Things In The South East by INDOMIE9090(f): 5:10pm On Oct 20, 2022
FrankDbadGuy:

I’m Ugoo, an Igbo, from South Eastern Nigeria. A graduate of the university of Port harcourt. A panAfricanist too, so this report is devoid of ethnic sentiments. I love all tribes in Africa, be it Hausa, Yoruba etc. My roommate then in sch is a Yoruba guy from Ogun, and we’ve lived together peacefully for 4 yrs, till graduation. I’ve been to all southern zones in Nigeria and felt comfortable in all, so I bear no grudges or sentiments against any of the tribes.
First, there’s a report stating that Onitsha in Anambra state is the worst city worldwide for air pollution. Despite the fact that I doubt the terming of it as the worst city worldwide “air pollution wise”, they might be right, because I haven’t even left Nigeria before, talk less of visiting the other cities listed to ascertain the validity of the report, but truly, Onitsha is dirty, especially the market environs. Onitsha and the South East as a whole has a low concentration of industries, but a huge number of markets. The markets are mostly dominated by semi literates who have no way of making ends meet than to learn trading from their oga at a young age, hence the “boy boy” pattern. Most didn’t see the 4 walls of a uni, so they do not see the need for curtailing air pollution and environmental protection. Everyone brings out their dicks everywhere and go about their business anywhere, so far there’s a little privacy. The market union leaders aren’t making it any easier. The few toilets, albeit neat are denied access to you except you pay #50. It might be small, but imagine visiting the toilet 4 times daily(the average), you would have paid #200 and #1200 every week, just to ease yourself, without even being aware (in this Buhari’s economy??)
So, most of them go for the easier remedy. Bring out your dick anywhere and urinate, afterall nobody cares (except the ladies shaa).

Gov Soludo should mandate that all toilets should be made free, and add the cost indirectly to their monthly levies, then put in place a task force against the open urinating and improper disposal of refuse. His “commissioner for the environment” office is long dead and forgotten.

*The FG*
The federal government is to be blamed too (deny this fact all you want, it doesn’t change the fact that the south east has the least govt presence. Not fair!)
Most of the educated folks leave Igbo land after graduation and migrate to other zones in search for white collar jobs, since it’s virtually non existent in the south east. To fill the vacuum of their absence, those semi literates from the villages migrate to the cities to learn the trading, at the end our villages are a ghost town because of the mass emigration from the villages.
People migrate majorly for economic reasons. That’s why it pains me heavily when the Igbo are insulted that they do not love staying in their zones. That’s a big lie. They do, else they won’t be going back home during the Christmas tide. But then, how do you expect an engineer to stay in a zone that has little industries, he has no option than to leave for other zones, esp the south west. The Igbo are hard working, intentionally neglected by the FG to be dependent on other zones. It ain’t fair. No nation develops with the central government knowingly neglecting a part of it. No family progresses with the mother showing partiality and preferential treatment to her kids.

*IGR*
it’s true that Ogun state alone generates IGR as much as that of the 5 south eastern states combined. I’m genuinely happy for them, but as a panAfrican, who wants the black race to rise in unison without unnecessary favoritism, it’s unfair that a part of the country gets a preferential treatment, while the other part doesn’t. It’s not something to be proud of. My dear Yoruba folks, it’s not something you should rub on the face of the Igbo and call them names like “developers” who run away from their region. The mere fact that they migrated to your region, started from scratch and still got to a high level should let you know that the problem is the system, not the individuals. Don’t laugh at Igbo, try witnessing what they’ve passed through (and are passing through), and know that there’s more to the story than you guys thinking you’re the better race. Nobody is envying anyone or hateful of anyone, we all want a level play ground. Forget too much talks

*Entertainment wise*
There was a trend on Twitter where a guy said that “If not for the Yoruba factor, Phyno normally is better talented than Olamide, and would have gone farther in the industry”
Well, that’s a personal submission, I’m just sincerely happy that the black man is finally gaining recognition worldwide. I support Real Madrid Alaba(Yoruba), with all my heart, also Uzoho (Igbo), Senior Man Kels, Sane (Senegalese), Mbappe (Cameroonian), Salah too etc. It shows that I’m all for the betterment of the black race. No time for bad belle
That being said, we all know that Afro beats has come to stay, and Yoruba is the dominant language in the genre. Top acts like Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Tiwa, Yemi are all Yoruba while Burna, P Square, Phyno, MI, 2Face are all from the other tribes combined, also Lagos happens to be the entertainment capital of Nigeria. All aspiring musicians must aspire to be accepted into the Lagos airwave first b4 thinking of blowing. Lagos also happens to be a Yoruba land (forget all those rubbish statements of Lagos being a no man’s land, lie!). That means those who are talented, and can express themselves in the Yoruba language get an extra advantage. Then maybe followed by Igbo language.
Well, should I tell the musicians to stop speaking their God given language? Lie lie. It’s your natural language, continue, God knows I learnt some Yoruba from my roommate so that I could keep up with Zlatan, my fav rapper then.
*Solution*
The solution to this is that the Igbo should stop crying fowl upon any little matter. Nature abhors the weak and embraces the strong.
Enugu state already has an “entertainment-like” lifestyle already. Gov Ugwuanyi (or whomsoever wins the Enugu guber next year) should invest massively into the entertainment industry. Upcoming musicians shouldn’t migrate all the way to Lagos before they can make it. Let us make the sector more competitive. Those living up north should lessen their religious stand on issues too and allow their creativity to rise. I doubt that MI and Ice Prince would have gone far in the industry if they’d stayed longer in the north alone. The US Hollywood was majorly based mainly in LA, the Western part of the US. Folks had to travel all the way to the West from the east, till folks from New York said enough was enough. They invested massively into the NY movie world, and we can see the positive results today. Also, those living in Georgia are also promoting their movies majorly. We can all see the excellent results gotten from the Hollywood industry. The big difference between blacks and whites. Nollywood and blacks as a whole should learn healthy competition. It makes life worth it and fun.
So, pls I’ll end it here. I just decided to write this piece to help educate those who derive pleasure in insulting the South Easterners of being lazy or refusing to develop their zone. Also, to Soludo to sit up environmental wise, else his re-election go choke o. Then to Enugu state folks to end that shitty “Enugu state is in the hands of God bla bla bla” and sit up.
God bless us all
God bless the black man.
Moderators, FP pls
one of the few sensible igbos who still exist.
Bless you man

1 Like

Re: The True State Of Things In The South East by Kokoy2022: 5:50pm On Oct 20, 2022
Ofe mmanu claiming Igbo. Cursed tribe from fallen demons. Thiefnupoo cannever be president.
Re: The True State Of Things In The South East by kettykin: 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2022
This weakness don pass DNA stage, it is now genetic, tufiakwa!!

(1) (Reply)

They Stop Us From Marking The Memorial After Killing Our Children-60yrs Old Mom / Is This Counter Colonization / Biafrans: What's Their Business With Nigerian Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.