Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,367 members, 7,954,488 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. (2356 Views)

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move / Backend Software Engineers, Let's Talk About System Design / The Top Best Developers And Programmers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:30am On Oct 21, 2022
SeunWedsLinda:
very funny take grin. How will the west closing their border to Africans be a good thing? grin
It will definitely be a good thing to APC supporters. They want everyone to languish with them in suffering.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

I agree with everything you've said. Still I hold her as an inspiration as well as a counter to the notion that DSA is difficult to learn and a career as a software engineer would require years of learning to achieve. If she achevied all this in 6 months, I can too. I believe I'm smarter than her. I have tackled subjects like Pharmacology, Physiology, Anatomy, Engineering Mathematics, Thermodynamics etc, while she just did her history and cultural studies.

For me, everything depends on how you use your time. What she achieved might be ten times more difficult for someone living in Nigeria to achieve, but that shouldn't be a limitation. Putting in the hard work and being disciplined will certainly make things easier for someone in Nigeria, than being lazy and entertaining useless distractions.
Bolded undecided sounds like a narcissism
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Sleekcode: 11:36am On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

He probably imbibed the Wakanda bullshit that marvel made up to massage the egos of ignorant, delusional black people.

They're many signs of someone with massive ego all over your post.

U didn't have time to complete your education but u had time to take an IQ test so you can boast with it.

Small minded individuals undecided

1 Like

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Sleekcode: 11:37am On Oct 21, 2022
SeunWedsLinda:
very funny take grin. How will the west closing their border to Africans be a good thing? grin

That's why I pointed out you and him will have to do a lot of reading to find out.

You'll definitely find out one day undecided

1 Like

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Devdevdev(f): 11:38am On Oct 21, 2022
Sleekcode:

They're many signs of someone with massive ego all over your post.

U didn't have time to complete your education but u had time to take an IQ test so you can boast with it.

Small minded individuals undecided

It doesn't take 5 years to do an IQ test.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Tobedated(m): 11:42am On Oct 21, 2022
You're on the right track also you been a fast learner and having unlimited wifi i believe you can and will definately make it. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Sleekcode: 11:43am On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

It doesn't take 5 years to do an IQ test.

That's why u gave up?
No Little wonder why that guy was sure you will also give up this... for something faster u can boast with . grin
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Thermodynamics(m): 11:45am On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

You are a fool. I didn't tell you why I dropped out but you hastily concluded it was my own deliberate decision. If money isn't the goal what else should be? You can wrap it in whatever illusory bullshit you want, but in the end, we are all trying to make money.

If you don't have anything of value to say, then shut up. If I asked this question on Reddit or Discord I'll get better responses, but you Nigerians will never want to help your own. Someone needs advice and you are insulting and cursing him.
You shouldn't insult people you're trying to seek advice from, despite the fact they what the guy said isn't right, you should have just ignored him, but your reply makes you seem less intelligent as you claim. Seems you're proud and not as intelligent as you think you are. Tech isn't about money, it's about passion, I quitted my job a while ago just to learn programming.i love it, I enjoy it, without money I'll still do it for free, this is a job I literally enjoy doing, it doesn't even feel like a job.

That's how it should feel like to you, not a money making opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Devdevdev(f): 11:45am On Oct 21, 2022
Tobedated:
You're on the right track also you been a fast learner and having unlimited wifi i believe you can and will definately make it. Goodluck

Thanks. I know I will make it. I just need to be disciplined. Learning fast has never been my problem. My biggest problem has always been avoiding distraction and staying focused.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Devdevdev(f): 11:59am On Oct 21, 2022
Thermodynamics:

You shouldn't insult people you're trying to seek advice from, despite the fact they what the guy said isn't right, you should have just ignored him, but your reply makes you seem less intelligent as you claim. Seems you're proud and not as intelligent as you think you are. Tech isn't about money, it's about passion, I quitted my job a while ago just to learn programming.i love it, I enjoy it, without money I'll still do it for free, this is a job I literally enjoy doing, it doesn't even feel like a job.

That's how it should feel like to you, not a money making opportunity.

I insulted the guy because he insulted me first. He didn't give me any advice, or even try to, and as such he didn't deserve any courtesy from me.

How can you predicate your evaluation of my intelligence on my reponse to someone who insulted me when I asked for advice? You don't judge a person's intelligence based on whether or not they entertain derogatory remarks. That's simply a consequence of their personality.

Intelligence in my opinion is the ability to think critically, to understand abstract concepts and to apply that understanding in solving problems. Despite my rude response to that clown, I still solved the problem for which this thread was created.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Devdevdev(f): 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
Sleekcode:

That's why u gave up?
No Little wonder why that guy was sure you will also give up this... for something faster u can boast with . grin

It's 'Little wonder' not 'No little wonder'
By saying "no little wonder" you are expressing the direct opposite of your intended opinion. Take note, dolt.

I can't believe I have to also teach people basic English language on a thread I created to seek advice.

1 Like

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Sleekcode: 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

By saying "no little wonder" you are expressing the direct opposite of your intended opinion. Take note, dolt.

I can't believe I have to also teach people basic English language on a thread I created to seek advice.

English is never a measure of intelligence.

With your disgusting attitude you'll have a very difficult time achieving anything meaningful in this field.

Just a matter of time before you lose interest in this as well.

Your true calling is to scam people.

All those people who called you useless are 100% right.

Useless peasant. grin

1 Like

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Sleekcode: 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

I agree with everything you've said. Still I hold her as an inspiration as well as a counter to the notion that DSA is difficult to learn and a career as a software engineer would require years of learning to achieve. If she achevied all this in 6 months, I can too. I believe I'm smarter than her. I have tackled subjects like Pharmacology, Physiology, Anatomy, Engineering Mathematics, Thermodynamics etc, while she just did her history and cultural studies.

For me, everything depends on how you use your time. What she achieved might be ten times more difficult for someone living in Nigeria to achieve, but that shouldn't be a limitation. Putting in the hard work and being disciplined will certainly make things easier for someone in Nigeria, than being lazy and entertaining useless distractions.

Tackled all these with nothing to show for it.

U must have performed poorly in them and your numerous F9s was what made your school chase you away.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Fourpockets: 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
Sleekcode:

U must have performed poorly in them and your numerous F9s was what made your school chase you away.
Posts like these are ruining this section for god's sake.
At least let's leave the trolling to people like greatigboman or tastefriedpussy
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by fastanddubious(m): 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

The same OP that created a thread to seek advice is the one bashing people that gave advice
Internet sha cheesy cheesy
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Devdevdev(f): 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2022
Sleekcode:

I got admitted to study Medicine at a top 5 federal University in Nigeria with a Jamb score of 314 and 7 distinctions in Waec, and for Engineering I scored 14/15 in Jupeb(A level) at another top 5 federal University. That's Two As in Mathematics and Chemistry respectively, and a B in Physics.

I dare you to get half of these results. You think getting into medical school or getting 14/15 in an A level exam is beans?

Clown.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Fadafada231(m): 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2022
O P you seem intelligent but why not go back to complete your degree or is money the major factor that prompted you to drop out? It still baffles me how someone in medical field will drop out if money/failure is not the problem.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Devdevdev(f): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2022
Fadafada231:
O P you seem intelligent but why not go back to complete your degree or is money the major factor that prompted you to drop out? It still baffles me how someone in medical field will drop out if money/failure is not the problem.

Going back would mean starting from scratch. I'm already in my late 20s. I'm too old for that and medicine is already a dead field in this country. Besides, I love this path I've chosen. More opportunities, more heights to reach and I can channel my creativity into it.

1 Like

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Devdevdev(f): 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
fastanddubious:

The same OP that created a thread to seek advice is the one bashing people that gave advice
Internet sha cheesy cheesy

I only "bashed" the two trolls that have been insulting me for no reason.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Sleekcode: 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

I got admitted to study Medicine at a top 5 federal University in Nigeria with a Jamb score of 314 and 7 distinctions in Waec, and for Engineering I scored 14/15 in Jupeb at another top 5 federal University. That's Two As in Mathematics and Chemistry respectively, and a B in Physics.

I dare you to get half of these results. You think getting into medical school or getting 14/15 in an A level exam is beans?

Clown.

You're daring me to retake exams i was done with years ago?

What a stupid way to dare someone...

Bottom line is you were chased out of school due to your poor grades....

They sent you away in medicine

They also sent you away in engineering

That's a pattern

You better stop wasting your time learning to code.

With the way you're going with it, in no time... you'll naturally quit or be sent away by whoever is unlucky enough to employ your quack azz in the first place!

Broke azz narcissist.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Sleekcode: 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2022
Fadafada231:

Na money make the vagabond drop out

Dude thinks programming is a get rich quick scheme hence why he's jumping from HTML to REACT in under a month.

He wants to get that $ fast

Na same speed he go use enter Yahoo when reality sets in.

I'm sure he's already tried Yahoo and also failed miserably before jumping into this field.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Gerney: 2:22pm On Oct 21, 2022
Discord is a free voice, video, and text chat app that’s used by tens of millions of people. And people use Discord daily to talk about many things, ranging from art projects and family trips to homework, games and mental health support. I already bought one account here. They also have a lot of other safe account. I highly recommend that you look attention to this site https://get-accs.com/discord-accounts/, maybe it will be very helpful like for me. Good luck.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

The reason Typescript is down my list is because I wanted to be proficient at Javascript languages and libraries, before learning an alternative to JavaScript like Typescript.
The thing is that typescript is not exactly an alternative to JavaScript but rather an improvement. JavaScript devs are encouraged to pick up Typescript and the industry is rapidly shifting towards it. And if you put off typescript for a long while you might be less compelled to pick it up in the future after getting comfy with JavaScript. This is just my opinion of course, there’s nothing wrong with your approach at all.
Keep hacking.
These days I prefer reading other peoples coding journeys than actually coding myself.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by HeliumStar: 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by HeliumStar: 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Sleekcode: 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2022
HeliumStar:

The extremely low level of intra trade, the "psuedo-political" independence, both will be eliminated and that, among several others, is enough. "Our need will be the real creator".

So, to some extent he is right, you all need to do some reading.

The way the idiot called black people "Delusional" you'd easily deduct he's a fool who will remain a failure all his life.

Useless urchin he is...! See the way he squeezed in Reddit and Discord inside his post to show you how inferior and rotten his reasoning and mentality is.

Coming online to brag about his fake IQ score that couldn't see him through either medical or engineering course.

I sincerely dislike narcissistic and inferiority complex truants like this peasant.

They automatically believe everything from the west is golden while there's is worthless.

I pity those people giving him valuable advice

They don't know he doesn't value their inputs but instead believe they're delusional because they're black.

Useless filth!

undecided
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Devdevdev(f): 4:05pm On Oct 21, 2022
Sleekcode:

The way the idiot called black people "Delusional" you'd easily deduct he's a fool who will remain a failure all his life.

Useless urchin he is...! See the way he squeezed in Reddit and Discord inside his post to show you how inferior and rotten his reasoning and mentality is.

Coming online to brag about his fake IQ score that couldn't see him through either medical or engineering course.

I sincerely dislike narcissistic and inferiority complex truants like this peasant.

They automatically believe everything from the west is golden while there's is worthless.

I pity those people giving him valuable advice

They don't know he doesn't value their inputs but instead believe they're delusional because they're black.

Useless filth!

undecided

I can't keep exchanging words with a troll like you because I'm currently busy as you can see in the screenshot below.

Being a Nairaland troll will be your biggest ever achievement. Keep wasting your life roaming threads on Nairaland looking for who to insult. Waste of sperm.

If you look clearly you will see I gave you a cameo in my code. Idiot.

1 Like

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Sleekcode: 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

I can't keep exchanging words with a troll like you because I'm currently busy as you can see in the screenshot below.

If you look clearly you will see I gave you a cameo in my code. Idiot.

Being a Nairaland troll will be your bigg St achievement.

E pain u no be small.

With your copy pasted codes grin

Quitter!
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by qtguru(m): 6:29pm On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:
Bro, I need your advice, as well as the advice of other developers and engineers on this forum.

My question can be summarized in this simple statement: I don't want to waste my fuçking time!

My goal is to get a job and make money. Period! I need to know the best learning trajectory to follow to attain that goal.

Cognitively, I'm not an average person. I dropped out of medical school, and then dropped out of an engineering course few years later. I can't disclose the reasons for this. I'm in my late 20s and I can't go back to school. I have an IQ of 138. I'm intelligent and I can understand complex concepts and provide solutions to difficult problems.

Last month, I got a new laptop with great specs and I laid out my learning path in this order:

HTML
CSS
Sass/Scss
Bootstrap
Tailwind
Javascript
Reactjs
Using styled components, CSS Modules and React UI libraries
Redux
Nextjs
Gatsby
React Native (for mobile apps)
Git
Nodejs
ExpressJs
Postgresql
Typescript
Python
Php (laravel)

My goal was to learn all these, build a great portfolio and begin applying for jobs. It's been a month and 18 days and I'm currently learning React. I built a couple of applications using vanilla JavaScript and after that I moved on to React. I have over 500 different courses and projects based tutorials on my hard drive on the aforementioned languages. I'm learning fast and enjoying the process. But I don't want to waste my time..

What would you advise me to do? Should I continue on my learning path or are there some stuff I should shove aside. What should be my focus?

What languages have the highest job opportunities for someone like me without a degree?

Front end seems a bit too saturated. Too many people doing it and I don't want to be a needle in a hay stack. But I've already invested time and resources into learning and I also enjoy it.

Your thoughtful reponse will be well appreciated.

Sent you PM

1 Like

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by airsaylongcome: 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

Going back would mean starting from scratch. I'm already in my late 20s. I'm too old for that and medicine is already a dead field in this country. Besides, I love this path I've chosen. More opportunities, more heights to reach and I can channel my creativity into it.

Your lack of staying power is going to be your undoing. Late 20s is what age? Some of us went back to University in our late 20s and made the best of it. Your grandstanding is not going to get you anywhere
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Devdevdev(f): 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
qtguru:

Sent you PM

Replied.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by qtguru(m): 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

Replied.

Replied.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oya Programmers In Nairaland Showcase Your Finest Project With Success Stories / Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? / 20 Programming Languages You May Have Never Heard Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.