Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. (2005 Views)

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move / Backend Software Engineers, Let's Talk About System Design / The Top Best Developers And Programmers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Codedboy95(m): 7:59pm On Oct 21, 2022
@Op I know that urge of wanting to learn everything fast and start making money, But you need to know that it might take more time than you have envisioned. I'm saying this so you don't end up frustrated after scratching the surface of different programming languages and tooling and you still can't get a good job. Unlike the first guy on this thread said, Money is a good motivation but if you focus too much on money, you might get tired when it is not coming as fast as you think it will. Take your time and learn, don't over-rush ( jack of all trade master of none ). It doesn't really work that way. Your roadmap is fine ( if you are not planning to learn everything in a year). You can also check this out https://github.com/kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap

Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Divay22(f): 8:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
Devdevdev:

I got admitted to study Medicine at a top 5 federal University in Nigeria with a Jamb score of 314 and 7 distinctions in Waec, and for Engineering I scored 14/15 in Jupeb(A level) at another top 5 federal University. That's Two As in Mathematics and Chemistry respectively, and a B in Physics.

I dare you to get half of these results. You think getting into medical school or getting 14/15 in an A level exam is beans?

Clown.
You're just all over your thread... All this are not necessary na
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Guderian(m): 10:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
Sleekcode:

E pain u no be small.

With your copy pasted codes grin

Quitter!

Damn I've been watching you guys from afar....

This just showed your level of incompetence, you are the troll here if you aint got any advice for him keep shut.

If he is proud or egotistical.. he's got the drive, you could have replied with a code of yours
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Sleekcode: 10:46pm On Oct 21, 2022
Guderian:

Damn I've been watching you guys from afar....

This just showed your level of incompetence, you are the troll here if you aint got any advice for him keep shut.

If he is proud or egotistical.. he's got the drive, you could have replied with a code of yours

A code of mine to prove what exactly undecided ?

No be only drive.

Na ride undecided
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Newusername(m): 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
Divay22:

You're just all over your thread... All this are not necessary na

Make he feel himself. It's not easy.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Newusername(m): 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
Codedboy95:
@Op I know that urge of wanting to learn everything fast and start making money, But you need to know that it might take more time than you have envisioned. I'm saying this so you don't end up frustrated after scratching the surface of different programming languages and tooling and you still can't get a good job. Unlike the first guy on this thread said, Money is a good motivation but if you focus too much on money, you might get tired when it is not coming as fast as you think it will. Take your time and learn, don't over-rush ( jack of all trade master of none ). By over-rush. It doesn't really work that way. Your roadmap is fine ( if you are not planning to learn everything in a year). You can also check this out https://github.com/kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap

OP follow this advice.
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Skodrran(m): 10:55am On Oct 22, 2022
Op pls how did you get resources to earn html and JavaScript,

Is it free...................... I know google buh what did you use
Re: Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. by Devdevdev(f): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2022
Skodrran:
Op pls how did you get resources to earn html and JavaScript,

Is it free...................... I know google buh what did you use

Udemy and YouTube for videos.
The Odin project and MDN for websites and online documentation.
gen.lib.rus.ec for books.

Udemy is paid; but around 5000 to 6000 Naira per course but you can get free udemy courses on sites like this: https://freecourselabs.com

The books and YouTube videos are free. But I'm on unlimited WIFI so I could just easily download the videos at 720p through genyoutube

Is Zend Php Certification Obtainable From Nigeria? / Javascript Frameworks In 2016 / Whats the Basic Things To Know Before Learning Coding