Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments (611 Views)

I’m ‘Sweating’ Over High Cost Of Diesel – Obasanjo Laments / President Buhari's Visit To Lagos: The Roads Are Free!(Pix) / Buhari: Nigerians Will Mind Their Businesses If Infrastructure, Roads Are Fixed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Omooba77: 8:55pm On Oct 20, 2022
A former Nigerian President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has lamented the deplorable condition of the Nigerian roads.

Obasanjo described the deplorable state of the Nigerian roads as capable of impeding successful business movements.

The former President spoke on Thursday, at a lecture delivered by a Legal Icon, Chief Mike Ozekhome(SAN), titled: ‘The Place of Education in a crisis-ridden Nigeria’ , marking the 10th convocation ceremonies of the Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti(ABUAD). 

Obasanjo who was late to the event, explained his lateness to the convocation lecture in his brief speech at the occasion, the former President said; “kindly accept my apologies for coming late to this ceremony.

“I thought if I leave Abeokuta at 4.30 am I will get to ABUAD at 10 am. But when we got to the middle of the journey, the conditions of our roads were bad. 

“We started asking which was the best route to take to get to Ado Ekiti . It was tough before we could get here,  kindly pardon me”.

The former President commended the university’s founder, Afe Babalola(SAN) for replicating and surpassing in ABUAD, what he did at the University of Lagos, when he appointed him the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Governing Council, saying; “I  am proud to associate with ABUAD”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/our-roads-are-bad-obasanjo-laments/
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2022
Are you telling me
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by duro4chang(m): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2022
How many roads did he build? He could not build roads to his town and his farms.

2 Likes

Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2022
Buhari has borrowed for generations to pay yet federal roads are in a mess. Ask him what he used the money for and watch him mention 2nd Niger bridge. Shame

That man body should not be buried at death until Nigeria repay all the debts he borrowed. Not until then, no rest for his soul. What nonsense!!!!!
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Belteshazzar1: 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2022
Oh is he complaining? now he knows what it feel like to be a citizen....
i pray they will live long to enjoy the fruit of their deeds...
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Antyislam: 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2022
That foolish Tinubu claimed that he brought Buhari to power , he brought dissaster and God must punish him for that

3 Likes

Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by WibusJaga: 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2022

Driving on Nigeria roads requires additional skills to dodge potholes. cheesy
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Curious345: 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2022
WibusJaga:

Driving on Nigeria roads requires additional skills to dodge pot holes. cheesy
Nigeria is the only country in the world where things go FROM GOOD TO WORSE > BAD TO ROTTEN
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by OsunOriginal: 9:17pm On Oct 20, 2022
Omooba77:
A former Nigerian President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has lamented the deplorable condition of the Nigerian roads.

Obasanjo described the deplorable state of the Nigerian roads as capable of impeding successful business movements.

The former President spoke on Thursday, at a lecture delivered by a Legal Icon, Chief Mike Ozekhome(SAN), titled: ‘The Place of Education in a crisis-ridden Nigeria’ , marking the 10th convocation ceremonies of the Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti(ABUAD). 

Obasanjo who was late to the event, explained his lateness to the convocation lecture in his brief speech at the occasion, the former President said; “kindly accept my apologies for coming late to this ceremony.

“I thought if I leave Abeokuta at 4.30 am I will get to ABUAD at 10 am. But when we got to the middle of the journey, the conditions of our roads were bad. 

“We started asking which was the best route to take to get to Ado Ekiti . It was tough before we could get here,  kindly pardon me”.

The former President commended the university’s founder, Afe Babalola(SAN) for replicating and surpassing in ABUAD, what he did at the University of Lagos, when he appointed him the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Governing Council, saying; “I  am proud to associate with ABUAD”.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
From Obj's mouth?
How many roads did he construct or rehabilitate in SW when he was president? Even the road to Otta, he didn't touch it. Wailer Obasanjo
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Jennylove21(f): 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
Is today you know?
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by MissLeslie(m): 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2022
Baba should go and sleep, otta road baba didn't do anything about it then, Lagos Ibadan was awarded to contractor and nothing was done about it, Oyo Ogbomosho same thing when there is enough money to do the right thing Baba is fighting Atiku up and down
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by DSC7: 9:45pm On Oct 20, 2022
Our leaders have failed us....

Ordinary good roads that will favour everybody they can't provide...

May God help this country....

Vote Wisely 2023!!!
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Omooba77: 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2022
OsunOriginal:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
From Obj's mouth?
How many roads did he construct or rehabilitate in SW when he was president? Even the road to Otta, he didn't touch it. Wailer Obasanjo

Hmm......
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Omooba77: 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2022

“We started asking which was the best route to take to get to Ado Ekiti . It was tough before we could get here, kindly pardon me”.

The rich also cry.......
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Enimin: 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2022
Omooba77:

The former President commended the university’s founder, Afe Babalola(SAN) for replicating and surpass
ing in ABUAD, what he did at the University of Lagos, when he appointed him the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Governing Council, saying; “I  am proud to associate with ABUAD”.

Is like Baba Gbewiri cannot afford chopper ride again
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Bontafa: 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2022
duro4chang:
How many roads did he build? He could not build roads to his town and his farms.

Kweke!!!

Oya call am ipob e no dey hard una

Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Omooba77: 12:41am On Oct 21, 2022
duro4chang:
Like Blenco to Abijo to Lakowe....
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Moh247: 5:42am On Oct 21, 2022
Obasanjo should not be lamenting about road or any infrastructure

He had 8 years but focused on economy without doing anything on infrastructure

Buhari also neglected economy only to focus on some few infrastructure
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by duro4chang(m): 6:07am On Oct 21, 2022
Bontafa:

Kweke!!!

Oya call am ipob e no dey hard una
What is my business with ipob?
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Omooba77: 10:00am On Oct 21, 2022
Our roads are bad is understatement.....Otta-Abe-Okuta alone is a testament.......
Re: Our Roads Are Bad, Obasanjo Laments by Omooba77: 12:05am On Oct 22, 2022
OBJ.....

(1) (Reply)

See How Tinubu Is Milking Lagos ... Is this what we want in Nigeria? / 404 / Gombe Pdp Chieftain Dumps Party,to join apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.