Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:41 PM

Ruling On Eating Snake Meat As A Remedy - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Eating Snake Meat As A Remedy (12600 Views)

Ruling On Eating Turkeys And Domestic Fowls Imported From Foreign Countries? / Ruling On Eating Onion And Garlic / Ruling On Eating Onions And Garlic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruling On Eating Snake Meat As A Remedy by DoveofPeace(m): 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2023
Lukgaf:
Can someone eat a snake so that one will not be bitten?

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/138842/ruling-on-eating-snake-meat-as-a-remedy

Thanks for this beautiful reminder, jazakaLlahu kair
Re: Ruling On Eating Snake Meat As A Remedy by truthCoder: 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
kutashi:

I don't know your religion but obviously, you got the message wrong and should have thrown your 'reasoning' as question to OP!

There are some animals/insects that carry both venom and their Anti-Venom. Extracting anti-venom of any deadly animal/insect (and considering the processes of producing anti-venom) to treat a bite from such animal is not forbidden.

And "Antivenoms are created by immunizing horses or sheep with the venom of a particular snake. Their blood serum (the watery part of the blood) is then processed, as it will contain antibodies capable of neutralizing the effects of venom. There are antivenoms that treat bites from a specific type of snake (monospecific antivenoms) and also those that treat bites from a number of snakes found in a particular geographic region (polyspecific antivenoms)."

This I said above does not in any way nullify what OP said, eating snake is haram!

There are grey areas that only sound scholars in Islamic matter can delve into!

The ‘message’ was written in English and i got it clearly.

In the second to the last paragraph of the OP’s post, he said
“Secondly: it is not permissible to treat sickness with snakes “
Anti venoms for snakes are derived from snakes.
You cannot treat any sickness with snakes according to the ruling.

The passage was very explicit when the matter of a man who used snake broth to cure some ailments were reviewed, it was ruled that it was not permissible on many counts, one of which was that snakes or its derivatives are not allowed.

You can provide your own reference on how you came about a contradictory interpretation in this matter.

No true Muslim who follows this interpretation to the latter should be treated with anti-venom if he suffers a snake bite.

Regarding your concluding part, why should a religion for the mass have so much conflicting and contradictory posits that we need to have scholars interpret what the perfect books say.

If a book is theoretically perfect, it should need no human interpretation before it is clearly understood.

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Eating Snake Meat As A Remedy by Hassanmaye(m): 4:42pm On Jan 13, 2023
Lukgaf:
Can someone eat a snake so that one will not be bitten?

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/138842/ruling-on-eating-snake-meat-as-a-remedy

Jazakallah
Re: Ruling On Eating Snake Meat As A Remedy by Friend22(m): 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2023
truthCoder:
Following your logic, it is also not permissible to treat snake bikes since the anti-venom is derived from snakes.

This implies that anyone who is bitten by a snake must be left to die a slow and painful death, according to your logic.

Thanks for such a great insight.

In Islam,if your logic does not align with the revealed text it's as good as garbage!

By your calamitous logic eating and treating something is not the same?

Anti-venom are not always necessarily what is consumed, and may not also be from the snake.
I know of one way to treat snake venom and it does not involve consuming snake or any of it.
Re: Ruling On Eating Snake Meat As A Remedy by truthCoder: 7:04am On Jan 14, 2023
Friend22:

In Islam,if your logic does not align with the revealed text it's as good as garbage!

By your calamitous logic eating and treating something is not the same?

Anti-venom are not always necessarily what is consumed, and may not also be from the snake.
I know of one way to treat snake venom and it does not involve consuming snake or any of it.

Which one is garbage? the statements made by the OP or the inferences from his statements and examples? Are you trying to teach comprehension or you are exhibiting its lack?

Maybe you should 're-read' the posts without bias and come back.

Now, mention your own definition of snake anti-venom that does not involve the use of snakes. We are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Eating Snake Meat As A Remedy by kutashi: 5:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
There is nothing contradictory or conflicting!
Qur'an (16 Vs 43) said ask if you knew not!
I agreed it was written in English but my 'concluding part' still subsist! And that should clear the air on this issue!

If I said 'the boy kicked the bucket', l believe you know it has other meaning which someone with lingual knowledge will tell you. And will let you that 'theoretically' has to do with surface while the interpretation goes beyond that!

"Religion for mass" didn't appear out of blue! The message came through someone and that's reason for scholar and scholarly view need on every religion issue!

In Islam there tafsir Qur'an and Qur'an as revealed by Allah!

Once again, seek knowledge on what you know not!
truthCoder:

The ‘message’ was written in English and i got it clearly.

In the second to the last paragraph of the OP’s post, he said
“Secondly: it is not permissible to treat sickness with snakes “
Anti venoms for snakes are derived from snakes.
You cannot treat any sickness with snakes according to the ruling.

The passage was very explicit when the matter of a man who used snake broth to cure some ailments were reviewed, it was ruled that it was not permissible on many counts, one of which was that snakes or its derivatives are not allowed.

You can provide your own reference on how you came about a contradictory interpretation in this matter.

No true Muslim who follows this interpretation to the latter should be treated with anti-venom if he suffers a snake bite.

Regarding your concluding part, why should a religion for the mass have so much conflicting and contradictory posits that we need to have scholars interpret what the perfect books say.

If a book is theoretically perfect, it should need no human interpretation before it is clearly understood.
Re: Ruling On Eating Snake Meat As A Remedy by truthCoder: 6:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
kutashi:
There is nothing contradictory or conflicting!
Qur'an (16 Vs 43) said ask if you knew not!
I agreed it was written in English but my 'concluding part' still subsist! And that should clear the air on this issue!

If I said 'the boy kicked the bucket', l believe you know it has other meaning which someone with lingual knowledge will tell you. And will let you that 'theoretically' has to do with surface while the interpretation goes beyond that!

"Religion for mass" didn't appear out of blue! The message came through someone and that's reason for scholar and scholarly view need on every religion issue!

In Islam there tafsir Qur'an and Qur'an as revealed by Allah!

Once again, seek knowledge on what you know not!

We both know that you have not said anything.

The post was written in very simple English with no unnecessary idioms.

You must not eat snakes and you must not treat ailments with snakes. This was the summary of the post.

Asking me to seek knowledge is insulting. Are you implying that i am too dumb to read a prose?

Interpretation of religious text has been one way in which religion has kept the credulous in chains. It is a big industry in which some people profit from shifting goalposts.

You teach religion, you would also teach language and understanding ?

What other meaning do you want to hash out of not eating snakes nor using it for treatment?

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Seven (7) Ways To Earn Reward Even After Death" / Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? / Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.