Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu (11527 Views)

The Moment Bola Tinubu Took The Oath Of Office As President (Video) / Lagos Was Owned By The British For 99years- Rufai Shares Treaty Cession Document / PDP Is The Only Party Governed In Taraba Since 1999 - "Gov Ishaku Wins Taraba" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Viraltrends123: 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
We don't care about Nigeria growth for now, let another tribe rule. We know obi didn't do well. But, let another tribe rule

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by meum: 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
na wa. Make una dey lie small small na.

Oga even before 1999, Lagos was still better than other states in terms of revenue generation. Whatever Tinubu did as regards revenue generation, states like Ogun, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom etc have done. IGR in these states and others not mentioned have increased. Lagos only has an advantage of being the economic hub of Nigeria. That said whatever Tinubu did to the IGR, given same opportunities, other state governors in the above mentioned states would have done to their "bankrupt" states.

membranus:

Then, why didn't they do so before he raised the bar, even when the Obasanjo FG was denying his state its financial allocations?

Tinubu is a superman in governance, let us generously acknowledge that.

Did you say before he raised the bar? I SMH whenever I read something like this. What if I tell you Lagos is supposed to be making more than it is making if the system wasn't corrupt?

Tinubu wasn't the only one affected by federal government policies with regards revenue. Go and do your findings. Obasanjo did a similar thing to another state Governor during his tenure. Did the state collapse? The answer is NO. Rather they grew their IGR(during same period tinubu was in power) so there is nothing Tinubu did that made him a superman in governance. Some Governors did their best and would have done more if they were in a place like Lagos where it is easy to grow IGR and use it for development.

Truth be told, considering the IGR generated in Lagos, the state hasn't achieved so much.
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by ogatboy(m): 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
Show us the books let us see if Lagos was truly bankrupt. Party based on lies and propaganda

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Interesting2023: 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2022
Period007:
Lagos was a typical village before Tinubu came in 1999 and changed it to a mega city now at par with Dubai.

Please vote Thiefnibu for President of Lagos

Go thru wot u just type and u will see it is absolute trash...So u are telling your fellow gullibarians than a former capital city looks like a village Ode ni eleyi o. True definition of mumu

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Spungy: 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2022
Good day everyone, pls I'm in dire need of a bed I can be sleeping on.
I have been sleeping on the floor since I rented my apartment for like 5months ago, I was actually saving towards getting one for myself but an health issue came up on my mom and I have no option than to spend the money on that.

I'm broke to zero now and I'm not comfortable sleeping on the floor anymore cos it makes my back ache. I don't have anything in the room o but At least a bed to sleep on won't be bad to start with.

I'm pleading with anybody that has one they aren't using should please help me with it.
And if it's small money to get a small one I can see too I would be so happy
Preferably At Lagos.
May God reward you abundantl
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2022
He did well we all aware but he should go and rest more
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Efuaye(m): 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2022
This same Lagos?
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by openmine(m): 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2022
Period007:
Lagos was a typical village before Tinubu came in 1999 and changed it to a mega city now at par with Dubai.

Please vote Thiefnibu for President of Lagos

grin grin
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Antoeni(m): 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2022
Very Humble Man Drinking Water All By Himself Without Any Form of Support, Can Your Candidate Do Same?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by MySuperPower: 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2022
Even the oba of Benin who is the true owner of Eko (Lagos) cannot claim what Tinubu fans have been saying just because of politics.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by kingthreat(m): 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2022
No it wasn't Marwa left funds in the coffers.
First governor to ever do so.
But let's face it, Lagos is the most dynamic state in Nigeria.
All South Eastern states joined together cannot generate what Lagos makes in terms of annual revenue.
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Wahala90: 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2022

Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by emmanuelbrown26: 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
post=117751916:

D grill seller!!!!! I salute u with Tinubu nyash

Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by openmine(m): 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Such an ignorance comparing Lagos state to Dubai.
Seems you didn't notice sarcasm in the comment!
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Mrshocker(m): 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2022
True
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by kpajie1: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
Because tinubu sack ambode and bring u.that is why u are talking nonsense odeni ode governor.u nko wetin and wetin u don do.u forgot jakande and johnson.wey set lagos
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Whiteshield: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
In 1999, most of the fools talking rubbish now were following their parents to hunt lizards.
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by kikake: 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
Karlovych:
shocked shocked So it means Lagos as a former capital was bankrupt, Lagos as a key trade and commerce city was bankrupt.

El Chapo surely did wonders in Lagos, it's no wonder he keeps running away from the wonders he created to regularly chill in London.

He certainly mitigated the effects of the bankruptcy from contents of the bullion van he keeps driving into his residence at Ikoyi

Agbado urchins like Sanwo-Olu should be ashamed of themselves

Bolded.

How could a man build a city but has to go for medical checks in London at every headache; has to go to London for every relaxation?

Ridiculous campaign - Tinubu men.
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Pwettylinda(f): 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
Do you mean Thief Thiefnubuu
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by deflover(m): 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
A state where the federal government spent $400m on festac and infrastructure
All of a sudden it was a barren land
And the Lord and savior of agberos built it to the level of Toronto canada
grin grin

No be same lagos wey dem born me
I grow
Go pry school
These People will blame their mothers if tinubu raped her for not positioning well grin grin
All to force him on us to go and sleep there
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by NLPoliceWoman: 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
RingRoadMafia:
And my grandmother was a virgin grin -Felix Terungwa Dav aka

Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise
Rule 10
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Lexusgs430: 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
So he later paid himself with state assets + regular heavy contributions, from the state to himself.......

Èmi lọkàn indeed.......... cheesy
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by fijihems: 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
Tales by the moonlight
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Doyou2019: 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
socialmediaman:
Lies! We didn't get educated to still be believing bullshit!

Below is a document from the US Department of State which shows that in 1996, Lagos GDP was $34 Billion, and it grew by 10% to $38 Billion the next year. Lagos GDP was growing tremendously before even Tinubu came into Politics.

Today, Lagos GDP is still around $34 Billion Dollars (using N700 / $1)

Source: US Department of State

Good looking out bro. These morons think every Nigerian has the same low IQ as their miserable urchins.
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2022
lhordspy:
Some people usually ask why we agbadorians dont always try so hard in marketing Asiwaju instead we spend so much of our time countering the hate and endless lies from the oppositions; the enemies of Nigeria.

I usually say to them: Garri no get advert, not even on twitter, not on facebook, but e dey sell pass indomie smiley

What more can you say about a proven leader,
a political god, and an inclusiclve, decisive, fearless, dedicated, innovative , influential, deligent - administrator, strategist and a forward thinker.

A man who has calculated every obstacles, hurdles and misfortune that can befall any development ,by putting in place perfect, impeccable, foolproof solutions to counter them before it happen.

I have nothing to say except:
VOTE COMPETENCE
RENEWED HOPE2023
That renewed hope is not catchy like change or next level. I thought APC will come up with a catchphrase that will be easy to popularise and memorise by the majority populace.
New hope would have been better than renewed hope. I had thought it would be something like "possibilities" or "greater Nigeria"
Renewed hope sounds vague to most electorates
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Electorate: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2022
lhordspy:
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State says as governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), revived the economy of the state from bankruptcy in 1999.

*Says only seven percent of the roads in Lagos State were tarred in 1999.

https://dailytrust.com/lagos-was-bankrupt-when-tinubu-took-over-in-1999-sanwo-olu

Lies from the pit of hell...Lateef Jakande remains the best Governor Lagos ever produced.

These are the Nine(9) noteable achievements of the best Governor Lagos ever had Lateef Jakande, he did all in just 4 years...Today, Bola Tinubu did not dissappoint as a known criminal to steal and claim 4 out of the 9 listed achievements of Lateef Jakande (see number 3, 5, 6 and 7)

1. The first governor to present a billion Naira state budget in Nigeria.

2. He phased out the shift system in Lagos schools in three months. He built functional classrooms to absorb those who only attend schools for three hours a day.

3. He opened up what is now known as the Lekki Corridor.

4. He built the biggest Housing estate by a state government at Abesan, along with five other estates.

5. He built LASU, LACOED, LASPOTECH and Technical schools to absorb the products of the free education policy.

6 He built General Hospitals and Health centers in all the five divisions of Lagos. He also upgraded General Hospital Ikeja to the Medical arm of LASU.

7. He created the Agric hub at Oko Oba. He also created similar hubs in Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry.

8. His government’s strict adherence to the party manifesto of Free Education, Free Health care, Rural integration and Housing for all, along with other UPN governors, created the largest pool of human resources in Nigeria.

9. He moved the Lagos State Government Secretariat from PWD to Alausa, which he built from scratch. He also lived in his personal house and drove his personal car throughout his tenure.

Gani Kayode Balogun Jr

https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/showtime-people/2019/07/24/jakande-90-9-achievements-of-alhaji-lateef-jakande-as-lagos-governor

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by iwaeda: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2022
lhordspy:
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State says as governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), revived the economy of the state from bankruptcy in 1999.

*Says only seven percent of the roads in Lagos State were tarred in 1999.

https://dailytrust.com/lagos-was-bankrupt-when-tinubu-took-over-in-1999-sanwo-olu

Sanwo Eko, let Buba Marwa answer grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by RingRoadMafia: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2022
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise
Rule 10

Come again please?
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by Haruza: 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2022
Obviously why he focused on drugs trafficking. It was a win-win situation for him back then. Covering his tracks as well
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by kpajie1: 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
Spungy:
Good day everyone, pls I'm in dire need of a bed I can be sleeping on.
I have been sleeping on the floor since I rented my apartment for like 5months ago, I was actually saving towards getting one for myself but an health issue came up on my mom and I have no option than to spend the money on that.

I'm broke to zero now and I'm not comfortable sleeping on the floor anymore cos it makes my back ache. I don't have anything in the room o but At least a bed to sleep on won't be bad to start with.

I'm pleading with anybody that has one they aren't using should please help me with it.
And if it's small money to get a small one I can see too I would be so happy
Preferably At Lagos.
May God reward you abundantl
sell ure phone
Re: Lagos Was Bankrupt When Tinubu Took Over In 1999 - Gov. Sanwo Olu by GloriousGbola: 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
Albarka air

If you know you know.

Buba marwa floated the now defunct airline in less than a year after exiting.

Maybe, like the air peace guy he had real estate investments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shiite Members Stage Protest In Abuja, Demand The Release Of El-Zakzaky (Photos) / Malami Replies Magu: I Will Gladly Testify Before Salami Panel / Anambra 2021: Delta Court Uphold Jude Okeke's Guber Primary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.