Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments (34337 Views)

This Lady Has Slept With Kanye, WIZ Khalifa And 21 Savage / Kim Kardashian Celebrates Her New Billionaire Status With Kanye West (Photos) / Kim Kardashian Welcomes Fourth Baby With Kanye West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by Fira09(m): 3:58pm On Oct 21, 2022
Luxury fashion label, Balenciaga, has officially cut ties with Billionaire rapper and long time collaborator, Kanye West following his recent string of antisemitic and offensive remarks.

Balenciaga began distancing itself from West following his controversial appearance on the podcast Drink Champs released last week, where he falsely claimed that George Floyd wasn’t murdered but killed by fentanyl.

On Oct. 17, the fashion giant issued a statement saying West’s runway look from Balenciaga’s Spring 2023 show at Paris Fashion Week had been deleted from Vogue Runway, as well as the Balenciaga website.

Additionally, Balenciaga said it had removed a section on its website dedicated to the three Yeezy Gap Engineered by Balenciaga collaborations, which launched earlier this year. Those items were also no longer available on other online retailers.

Following its third-quarter earnings report Thursday, October 20,2022, the fashion label’s parent company Kering said in a statement to WWD, “Balenciaga has no longer any relationship nor any plans for future projects related to this artist.”

With Balenciaga severing ties, West has lost one of his closest and oldest partners in the luxury fashion world. The two have been entwined for years, largely thanks to West’s long-standing relationship with the fashion house’s creative director Demna Gvasalia, which dates back to around 2014, when Vestments — the label Demna founded with his brother, Guram Gvasalia broke through in the fashion world.

In 2015, the Gvaslia brothers consulted West on his Yeezy Season 1 line, and by the end of the year, Demna was signed to head up Balenciaga.

West and Demna’s relationship really solidified in 2019. The two texted constantly and eventually started working together again, with Demna serving as the creative director on West’s Donda listening parties in 2021.

“With Ye, I have something that I don’t really have with other people, where anything is possible,” Demna told The Times last year. “For me, talking with him is like going back in time to the 8-year-old me who doesn’t have all these barriers and filters. We spent like two and a half hours talking about buttons. Those kinds of conversations help me to evolve as a designer because I think: ‘Yeah, why do we do it like this? Why buttons? Why packaging?’ I never thought about that before.”

SOURCE

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by Corridon: 4:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
Kanye is already a made man so nothing to worry about.

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by God1000(m): 4:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
Lol, Kanye West and Donald trump are the same, they belong to MAGA cult

Mr west has his own social media platform now and Mr Trump has his own too after they were kicked out of Twitter and Facebook for their irresponsible behaviour.

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by bobbybrown007: 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
Hmmmm, what will now happen to his contract? Will he be paid in full?

4 Likes

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by WiszyFraud: 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
Did you know??

Things to do as an adult;

1. Stay out of debt
2. Take your health seriously
3. People will only change if they want to
4. No matter how little you earn, save/invest
5. There’s never a “good” time for a new relationship, breakup, or career switch
6. You can always start all over

lipsrsealed

243 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by Brendaniel: 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
Na wa o...

1 Like

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by signature2012(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
Who cares?He is a billionaire that behaves like some kolo mental human.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by Mercury12(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
Let him be joor.
They wanna dictate how a person walk, talk and eat. There is no freedom anywhere

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by MosakuAW(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
I still wonder how this guy keep on staying relevant in the US.

Doing rubbish is the new social media trend around the world. Example is Portable in Naija

27 Likes

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by sukkot: 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
wow

1 Like

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by inoki247: 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2022
ok Balenciaga send all him Wears wey dey ur hand to Nigeria make we sell am as Tokunbo cloth undecided shocked shocked

12 Likes

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by sofeo(m): 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2022
Alright
Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by Shaggyswang2(m): 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2022
Man is just too powerful! A real threat to their woke agenda. He's calling them out left right and center. The liberal media and culture can't believe they have a black billionaire who is not following the rhetoric

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2022
And the Floyd's family just sued him for 250 Million Dollars for the same thing.

Ye, Awon eyan Candace Owen,
Our personal person @Dem MANNA. cool

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
They call you anti semitic but they don't call you a liar. If only Hitler finished what he started

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
Great move

If they don’t We Boys will ditch Balenciaga cuz we know that boy Kanye a total sellout and he is working for Trump

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by tillaman(m): 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
Ye be talking crazy since he married Kim K
He’s still a billy though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by bonechamberlain(m): 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
What is happening to Kanye, always in the negative side of the news

4 Likes

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
God1000:
Lol, Kanye West and Donald trump are the same, they belong to MAGA cult

Mr west has his own social media platform now and Mr Trump his his own too after they were kicked out of Twitter and Facebook for their irresponsible behaviour.

irresponsible behaviour for calling out the people ruling you

The kanye west interview reveals that there is a limit to a black man success in the united states

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by Risingblue008(m): 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
There are just sanctioning this guy from left to right
Right to left
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by Ckonnet: 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
Activism and business don't miss in this crazy world. Yeezy learn from jayz man speaks in parables and still makes sense and still pass the message. Was the first billionaire in the music industry n still making sense.

And stop sitting on the cap table.

8 Likes

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by alingo2013(m): 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
grin I use to remember when this fool use to say he was a genius but after his marriage to that wicked witch of the west Kim, his brain his been bleeped out no common sense left in his head, I think she really liked him so she left him with his money all her ex's are usually broke and their carrier become nothing

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by Newyorkitis(m): 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
Kanye has really had it tough in this life.

I remember he was the first man to have two grandmothers from one family when his father in law transgendered to a female at a very old age.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by meobizy(f): 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
No word of the statements in the article. Pointless report.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by FakeIgboJew: 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
The truth is antisemitic .

Kanye , God is on your side.

3 Likes

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by SerikiFulani(m): 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
One thing I've come to notice in this life is that people hate to hear the truth.

Kanye might be bipolar but he's not mad.....Most geniuses are bipolar and cos of this,they don't talk much....They just act, invent and discover.

I watched the full interview on DrinkChamps and Kanye was spitting facts....It's a pity the Jews control the world.

*The banking world is controlled by the Jews
*The media is controlled by the Jews
*Even the entertainment industry is ran and controlled by the Jews.

Kanye will always be one of my favorite personalities in the world.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Balenciaga Officially Cuts Ties With Kanye West Over Anti-semitic Comments by salbis(m): 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
Billionaire in dollars no be here oo.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yomi Casual Wife, Grace Onuoha, Daughter, Mother & Grandmother In 4 Generations / Tonto Dikeh Slams Tunde Ednut For Saying Nina Should Stop Using An Android Phone / Annie Idibia Celebrates Her 35th Birthday Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.