Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,317 members, 7,826,263 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg (17739 Views)

Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness / Tinubu Pledges To Build Knowledge Based Economy (Video) / NNPC: No More Payment Of Oil Subsidy Going Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by benjaminlawson(m): 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
I don't understand what is wrong with our so called leaders, when their is any challenge, it is the common man that will suffer. It has been observed that the production of a barren of crude oil in most nations is between 4-6 Dollars, but in Nigeria it is 20 Dollars and above why? Also it has been established that our fuel consumption is around 40 million litres but NNPC is collecting subsidy on 66 million litres, emilokan did not deem it fit to propose to block all these loop holes, but the only thing being enjoy by the masses, is what he plan to take away, or he is ignorance that former CBN governor recently debunked the claim of our daily consumption? Also all those income generated ministries and departments who been generating income for their personal use were not mentioned in the manifesto to bring them to book. It is masses that should bear the burden of their shortcomings.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by aidameoryou: 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
Macphenson:

APC is telling Nigerians to vote for APC to rescue Nigeria from APC

No be juju be that?
I swear I never think am that way beforeooooh
Na juju oooh

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
Ruse
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by bobochem: 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
The best and sensible manifestos so far.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by ArcChu: 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
Same game.

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by abrahamobi1987(m): 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2022
onatisi:

The same subsidy his party has subjected Nigerians too for the past 8 years and which buhari promised then before assuming power that he will phase . So tinubu is just repeating the same gimmick they used in 2015. Well done .

The same subsidy PDP GEJ GOVERNMENT REMOVED AND THIS SAME DYING OLD MAN SPONSORED PROTEST ALL OVER AGAINST TILL IT WAS BROUGHT BACK AGAIN,SO HE KNEW ALL ALONG THAT SUBSIDY NEEDED TO BE PHASED OUT

BUHARI GOVERNMENT IS A POOR AND BAD GOVNT. SUBSIDY IS NOT THE CAUSE BUT LEADERSHIP. THAT ALSO LEAD TO 8 MONTHS STRIKE WITH OUT PAYMENT OF UNIVERSITY LECTURER THEIR 8MONTHS SALARIES

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Donake: 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2022
Thereby creating lazy states.

Just as PMB government finally removed it and resorted to borrowing.

Leave these policy documents that end up in the trash bin after elections. What was your history asides increasing IGR in Lagos trying to stifle businesses?

Such would be replicated in Nigeria. Nigerians brace up
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Manofnaija: 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2022
bobochem:

Were you expecting them to draft insensible manifesto?
They will make it look very very beautiful to deceive as usual.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by walozanga(m): 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2022
Fooooolish men , something u blamed Goodluck for
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by brandsoncharlie: 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2022
festacman:
I am impressed by Tinubu's manifesto for being a practical and a bit specific (certainly not largely) in approach. The grey areas remains how to increase local production GDP outside of oil through creative, extensive and intensive diversification of the economy. I had expected pinpoint actions to be taken on short, medium and long term basis. However, it is a good manifesto in my opinion.

I await the manifestos of Atiku and Peter Obi.
There's nothing in that manifesto just rhetoric.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by festacman(m): 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

There's nothing in that manifesto just rhetoric.

My opinion is that there are good ideas in the manifesto.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by tweakdude1: 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by SirNature23: 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
Talk is cheap. If accidentally he becomes the next president which I doubt, he can knock of the sub -chop make I chop-sidy .
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Conner44: 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
bobochem:

See your mouth like best so far

Has any other candidate released their own manifesto?

Senseless Urchin angry
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by RepoMan007: 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
post=117760009:
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

A better Nigeria is all we want at [b][/b].
When are you planning to unleash the remaining accounts. So many of them.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Emekaonline: 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
Tetrahedron:
Shatap!
Face out agberos in Lagos first

Must you live in Lagos? You are too shameless to even move back to you uselesss region. What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Emekaonline: 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by brandsoncharlie: 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2022
festacman:

My opinion is that there are good ideas in the manifesto.
All am saying is there's no in depth of how he tends to achieve those manifesto just talk.
Again, there's nothing new same borrowing spree.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by ransomed: 7:45pm On Oct 21, 2022
No good policy can come from APC and Tinubu, they are the oil thieves, if you are in doubt, who is the minister for petroleum resources?
A leopard can never change its spots.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by maridrug(m): 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2022
olatade:
I am 100% sure that Tinubu hasn't read his manifesto.
Shortsightedness is a mane!
Bola is brilliant and sharp; crooked and focus.
What and who does Nigeria need?
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by sunboy(m): 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
festacman:
I am impressed by Tinubu's manifesto for being a practical and a bit specific (certainly not largely) in approach. The grey areas remains how to increase local production GDP outside of oil through creative, extensive and intensive diversification of the economy. I had expected pinpoint actions to be taken on short, medium and long term basis. However, it is a good manifesto in my opinion.

I await the manifestos of Atiku and Peter Obi.

I think increasing the production is easy, right now we currently produce more than officially declared cos half of it is stolen. Blocking the loop holes is a good start.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by festacman(m): 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
sunboy:

I think increasing the production is easy, right now we currently produce more than officially declared cos half of it is stolen. Blocking the loop holes is a good start.

Ok.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by stormborn28(m): 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2022
post=117760009:
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

A better Nigeria is all we want at [b][/b].

bobbybrown007(m): 6:16pm
I don't have to read them, but with what he knows all this while,why did he not try to make baba reason with his words? Abi ancestors cannot talk with themselves again? Same words and no tactical approach.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Picardor2: 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2022
He is just copying obi
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Picardor2: 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2022
maridrug:

Shortsightedness is a mane!
Bola is brilliant and sharp; crooked and focus.
What and who does Nigeria need?

He has not read his manifesto.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by TrumpDonald2: 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu will get the job done. He understands the economy and also appreciate the diversity of the country. His manifestos is the best and even his worst critics are turning around to accept that his ideas are the best for the country. We must give this man the opportunity to help us reshape and reset the destiny of this country to the path of economic growth, industrialization, secured communities and shared prosperity.

I stand with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. What about you?

Keep dreaming. Shettima and his vice Tinubu will not smell that seat grin grin Mark my words.
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Bluffly: 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
This guy should stop lieing. Haba
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Nastrademus(m): 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
What about he phased out all the union touts, lastma, Vio and other illegal groups constituting nuisance in Lagos
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by Bigsunny01(m): 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2022
ryloy:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-21/nigeria-s-tinubu-pledges-to-phase-out-oil-subsidy-boost-output

He should shut his mouth wit his stupid pledges, is he talking to babies?

What happened to all de pledges he made in 2015 when he was campaigning for his mumu president?

Yesterday was de remembrance of the END SARS where dey massacre our innocent citizens in cold blood...the innocent blood will continue to hunt u all dat have hand in it
Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by NuruDiddy: 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu will get the job done. He understands the economy and also appreciate the diversity of the country. His manifestos is the best and even his worst critics are turning around to accept that his ideas are the best for the country. We must give this man the opportunity to help us reshape and reset the destiny of this country to the path of economic growth, industrialization, secured communities and shared prosperity.

I stand with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. What about you?

Same subsidy he called scam during GEJ. Tiefnubu must be high on Ghana loud

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Pledges To Phase Out Oil Subsidy, Boost Output- Bloomberg by OfficialP: 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
Na today nyash dey back? No corrupt politician will end subsidy, none.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. / Nigeria’ll Get Out Of Recession This Year – W’bank / Osun Election: A Physically Challenged Man Casting His Vote (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.