Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. (959 Views)

Man In This Crashed Car Was Driving To The Venue Of His Suprised 50th Birthday / Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road / Owerri. The Magnificence Of A City In the East. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Cooolme: 10:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
Greetings everyone, I got a small vehicle couple of months ago during this ASUU strike that I've been using here in Abuja.
Now I've traveled severally to the east on public transport and once with my personal vehicle but my dad's friend drove.
I'll be going back to school and intend going with my car cos of the location of my school. My Mom has discouraged me from this but it's something I've always wanted to do myself.
I know the road quite alright but I'll also be using Google maps since I've checked and it's very efficient.
I just want to ask what will be required for me to be with aside my licence for this 7hrs journey and also considering I'm a young guy (20) to avoid police issues.
Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by doggedfighter(f): 11:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
Cooolme:
Greetings everyone, I got a small vehicle couple of months ago during this ASUU strike that I've been using here in Abuja.
Now I've traveled severally to the east on public transport and once with my personal vehicle but my dad's friend drove.
I'll be going back to school and intend going with my car cos of the location of my school. My Mom has discouraged me from this but it's something I've always wanted to do myself.
I know the road quite alright but I'll also be using Google maps since I've checked and it's very efficient.
I just want to ask what will be required for me to be with aside my licence for this 7hrs journey and also considering I'm a young guy (20) to avoid police issues.

What kind or brand of car ?
Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Cooolme: 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
doggedfighter:

What kind or brand of car ?
09 corolla.
Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Payperboii(m): 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2022
Your mama warn you but you still want do.
Who I be?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Belteshazzar1: 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
Ndo... One soul is about to get missing.,

1 Like

Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Cooolme: 11:09pm On Oct 21, 2022
Belteshazzar1:
Ndo...
One soul is about to get missing.,
Why this negative comment?
There's always a first time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Belteshazzar1: 11:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
Cooolme:
Why this negative comment? There's always a first time.
Not with google maps abeg... Before you find your self in sokoto state
Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Cooolme: 11:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
Belteshazzar1:

Not with google maps abeg...
Before you find your self in sokoto state
This isn't my first time traveling there, I've traveled to same state to and fro since 2019 and I use Google maps too which proves to be very accurate reason I'm not doubting it ,But it's not something I'll be fully dependent on as I've mastered 80% of the road.
Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by cartwright1: 11:29pm On Oct 21, 2022
Go to a reputable transport company early in the morning, discuss with one of the drivers going to the east and tell him you'll follow him till you get to familiar terrain.

The snag is you might loose him in checkpoints because as a young guy driving alone,you'll definitely get pulled over at most, if not all checkpoints.

Have you driven that long distance before? It can be tiring and you might feel sleepy along the way.

Make sure all your papers are complete and you don't have any incriminating stuff in your car and phone.

If you can afford that car, hire a professional matured driver and pay him to either drive you or accompany you.

Keep enough money on you to settle when necessary, otherwise you'll be delayed by checkpoints even if all your papers are complete.

Make sure you don't have tints on your car.

Overall, its risky and if you can avoid it, please do.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Belteshazzar1: 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
Cooolme:

This isn't my first time traveling there, I've traveled to same state to and fro since 2019 and I use Google maps too which proves to be very accurate reason I'm not doubting it ,But it's not something I'll be fully dependent on as I've mastered 80% of the road.

Oh na driver u be...
Na em u come dey stress me since..
Go in peace
Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Cooolme: 11:53pm On Oct 21, 2022
Belteshazzar1:

Oh na driver u be...
Na em u come dey stress me since..
Go in peace
Lol I'm not a driver.
Was staying with a relative in the East, so I do travel often to see my parents and go back.
What I meant is that when in the bus, I put in Google map and it's been accurate.
You're very funny lol.
Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Cooolme: 11:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
cartwright1:
Go to a reputable transport company early in the morning, discuss with one of the drivers going to the east and tell him you'll follow him till you get to familiar terrain.

The snag is you might loose him in checkpoints because as a young guy driving alone,you'll definitely get pulled over at most, if not all checkpoints.

Have you driven that long distance before? It can be tiring and you might feel sleepy along the way.

Make sure all your papers are complete and you don't have any incriminating stuff in your car and phone.

If you can afford that car, hire a professional matured driver and pay him to either drive you or accompany you.

Keep enough money on you to settle when necessary, otherwise you'll be delayed by checkpoints even if all your papers are complete.

Make sure you don't have tints on your car.

Overall, its risky and if you can avoid it, please do.

Thank you very much for this, well I intend going to the park tho to meet with drivers so I'll know whom to follow on that day.
My car is tinted, so I think that may be an issue too.
Once again thanks.
Or it seems maybe I'll have to hire someone for real.
Cos I hate police wahala.
Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Belteshazzar1: 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2022
Cooolme:

Lol I'm not a driver.
Was staying with a relative in the East, so I do travel often to see my parents and go back.
What I meant is that when in the bus, I put in Google map and it's been accurate.
You're very funny lol.

No vex bro i just love seeing people smile....
I wish you all the best..
Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Cooolme: 11:59pm On Oct 21, 2022
Belteshazzar1:

Yeah it's totally cool. smiley

1 Like

Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Belteshazzar1: 12:06am On Oct 22, 2022
Cooolme:
Yeah it's totally cool. smiley
All you just need is my prayer.....

1 Like

Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by affable4(m): 12:12am On Oct 22, 2022
It's not easy to navigate the highway for hours.

Fatigue and lack of concentration might come into play if you are not careful.

Get that your dad's friend to sit beside you just in case you begin to feel the stress along the journey, he can take over from you.

No gra gra, and don't try to impress anybody.

After driving for 10years, I still needed someone by my side to drive from lagos to imo state. Though he slept through most part of the journey, and I drove all through, but he was of great importance. These days I travel alone.

3 Likes

Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Cutehector(m): 4:32am On Oct 22, 2022
Belteshazzar1:

your comment was apt. Nice one bro

3 Likes

Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Cooolme: 5:45pm On Oct 22, 2022
affable4:
It's not easy to navigate the highway for hours.

Fatigue and lack of concentration might come into play if you are not careful.

Get that your dad's friend to sit beside you just in case you begin to feel the stress along the journey, he can take over from you.

No gra gra, and don't try to impress anybody.

After driving for 10years, I still needed someone by my side to drive from lagos to imo state. Though he slept through most part of the journey, and I drove all through, but he was of great importance. These days I travel alone.
Thanks for this Sir.
Appreciate your input.
Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Sirchiboy: 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2022
Cooolme:
How much did you buy the car
Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Cooolme: 11:20pm On Oct 22, 2022
Sirchiboy:
How much did you buy the car
If you check my profile, there's a topic I made when I got it.
3.8m

1 Like

Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by Jamie1000: 9:06am On Nov 07, 2022
Cooolme:

Except in a case of emergency. I can never drive such a long distance again with bad roads. It's not worth the stress.

1 Like

Re: I Intend Driving To The East With My Car For The First Time. by NnajiCyrux(m): 12:45am On Jan 31
Cooolme:
How did it Later go bro, cos am also About embarking on same Journey by this Dec. I got my first Car this January and intend using it to travel with my family from abuja to Enugu by December this year.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are Cell Phones Really Dangerous To Planes? / Scanners That See Through Clothing Installed In Us Airports / Help On Wit Ideas Regarding Uk Student Visa Reapplication After A Refusal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.