Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu (54092 Views)

National Debt: “stop Using Mercedes Benz And Lexus” — Tinubu To Nigerians / National Debt: Tinubu Asks Nigerians To Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus / Tambuwal In Abakiliki ...says Constant Borrowing Is Not The Way Out ,but Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by mrkia(m): 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
These zonbidients are so daft!!! So, these think everyone is as silly as they are.

The sane Nigerians have actually understood what Jagaban actually meant when he said that..
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by tete7000(m): 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
KGD10:
Tinubu keep showing the low intelligence of his haters!

He mentioned two things here

He said if borrowing is a crime, then America will be in jail (since they've got debt too). He also said if borrowing is a crime, people should stop using Lexus etc (which are not from Nigeria of course). He's saying there's nothing wrong in borrowing, only if it's used for something tangible such as development, just like there's nothing wrong with America borrowing since they're using it for good stuff.

When someone talks and needs endless helpers to help him explain what he is saying, then you know there is serious issue. He could have talked and explained in one swoop. Why making statements that is open to so many interpretations? Why talk to public and then leave it to others to guess the meaning of what are saying?

1 Like

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by toneroforever(m): 5:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
alanto:
If you are foreigner and reading this.. you need to understand that both the writer of this article and many of the commenters are mischievous people and do not represent the way Nigerians think....
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed is saying the same thing that all nigerians have been saying including obi who doesn't have a road map for what he says. Buy locally made products. Is mercedes benz or lexus produced in Nigeria? No! While you buy this vehicles you're not helping Nigeria and Nigerians.... How many Nigerians are patronizing locally made cars? In everything we prefer imported, yet we say the economy is not doing well, dollar is going up.. and then you have a presidential aspirant that said he will lift all restrictions on importation turning Nigeria to a dumping site.

To real Nigerians as you listen to these politicians during these election period. Critically analyze their depth by what they say and also scrutinize their past record, that way chances of voting a dullard is slim.

Modified:
Endless mention, endless insults why? Because I chose to follow my sense of reasoning....
God knows I have never been a part of any political party, I have never met Tinubu in person but growing up in Lagos, I have always been a fan of the man, he made education easy for me... Among other things...
I know that Tinubu can turn Nigeria around, the man is a doer, he's been consistent. He has made elders that have remained loyal to him years after years, if you are into trade or doing yahoo you are not going to understand that Nigeria has some real problem but if you have worked in a factory or have ever tried to work in a factory you will understand, people make 18k a month in this country, why? Because OBJ introduced a contract staff nonsense. You go to a company to work, the company will employ you under another company name just so they can short pay you... It was OBJ and Atiku that did that to the youth. The same Atiku that want to be president again... Tinubu is out there talking about getting employed and having access to loans for easy life as in developed country model... A snippet of his manifesto tells so much about his genuity...

Lagos was bankrupt when Tinubu took over in 1999, the state did 700b+ last year in IGR. Such wand is what Nigeria need.

See while we troll and catch cruise, let not forget that whatever happens in this country we all enjoy the consequences....

P.S Even if I wanted to I can reply all the quotes and mentions

No need for ur lengthy talk. Just say u r for Tinubu & move on. U've already stated the reasons why u'll vote for him.

1 Like

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by ZombieSlayer1: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2022
Kasssandra:

Well, I absoultuey don't want to see Tinubu in aso rock, even as a tourist. But there is some truth in what he said....and it also boils down to what Obi too has said about us being more of a producer than consumer.

Think about it, we import a lot of stuff. Like the phones, computers, etc you use to get onto this site. And that helps to strain the dollar.

A broken clock is right twice a day, you know. That does not mean we should keep it.

Also, all I have said is true. And one reason why I don't like any of the candidates is that I am yet to see any plan from them to get us urgently off oil. They all say the same thing in different ways.

Anyways, good evening, and don't call me a tinubu supporter again.
The essence of communication is that the recipient of the message shouldn't need someone else to explain the message. In the absence of this, it's no more communication, is it? That's where Tinubu erred, though I wouldn't blame him for this because it's senility and age-induced loss of brain function.

I take that back on calling you a Tinubu supporter. Seems calling someone a Tinubu supporter is seen as an insult these days cheesy Do have an amazing day

1 Like

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Okhuadams(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2022
Islie:
Mr Tinubu said Nigerians complaining about huge borrowings by the federal government should stop using Mercedes Benz and Lexus vehicle brands.

https://gazettengr.com/national-debt-tinubu-asks-nigerians-to-stop-using-mercedes-benz-lexus/
If this is true may God help us but all the same JAGABAN IS A GOAL
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by toneroforever(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2022
Okealaaye:

Farooq Kperoggi On Obi

Nigerian Tribune

22nd October, 2023

Excerpts

When Obi ran for governor of Anambra State, he pledged that he would so improve the education in the state that his children would return from the UK to attend Anambra schools. Well, his children not only still live abroad and never went to school in Nigeria, they’re citizens of a foreign country.

As I pointed out when Obi released his presidential campaign list that was riddled with avoidable duplications and omissions, a man who couldn’t be bothered to even look at the list of his campaign council members—or, if he did, didn’t know enough to know people who should be in it—won’t be any different from the people we have had in the past.

The attributes people venerate in him were also projected onto Buhari in 2014/2015. One of my Obi-supporting friends said Obi “Not being greedy or avaricious on issues of money, not being flamboyant by living like a king while millions wallow in poverty, being able to save, being accessible to the people, listening to the people, etc.” are the proofs we need to know that he will be different as a president.

people said exactly the same of Buhari. But see what he became. Being in power is different from seeking power. Attributes such as access, empathy, etc. often disappear as sure as tomorrow’s date when people get to power. I am friends with a man who used to be close to Buhari because he used to tell him uncomfortable but helpful truths. The man’s relationship with Buhari endured only a few months after Buhari became president.

Like Buhari, Obi is popular with a core demographic that is animated by religious and ethnic politics. On ethnic and religious tolerance, his record isn’t different from Buhari’s, according to media reports I’ve read. He called Ngige a Yoruba man in 2013, implying that it’s undesirable to be Yoruba. In 2013, when Idemili women protested after being disenfranchised, Obi said the women were from Osun State in order to delegitimize them.

Obi’s ethnic politics as a governor was so acute that Okey Ndibe called him out on it in several columns, saying in one column that “such appeals to base, ethnic sentiments would return to haunt him if he ever seeks to be a political player at the national level.”

On the issues that really matter, Obi is no different from any politician. It’s people on social media who created this image of Obi as some transformational person when he is just a business-as-usual politician like everybody else.

This is a man whose aide was caught with N250 million cash in 2009 in his lodge when he was a governor. A former banker and a governor holding that much cash is suspicious. His record in human rights isn’t any different from other governors. The Daily Champion of June 20, 2006 reported him as ordering the police to “shoot on sight hoodlums caught perpetrating violence in the city.” What happened to fair trial?

And he lies a lot—like other politicians. He claims he never borrowed as a governor and that he left a surplus when he left office as a governor. Records at the Debt Management Office don’t support this. Anambra’s External Debt was $15 million by December 2007. At the time Obi left office in June 2014, the state’s external debt climbed up to an astronomical $41 million. That’s a 173 percent jump!

And, like other politicians, he is corrupt, too. He invested Anambra state’s money in his family business.

Yet when you point out that he is just as human and as flawed as most politicians, his supporters threaten people with death and coarse invective, like Buharists did—and still do. Critical democratic citizenship isn’t allowed where he is involved.

So, “Obi-dients” are the new Buharists. Better get ready for their rank stupidity and pigheadedness should Peter Obi become president. They’re perpetually angry. They’re narrowminded, verbally primitive, ignorant, tunnel-visioned automatons who think their illiterate trolling can stop people from expressing views that are contrary to theirs.

They constitute a risible horde of unthinking troll brigade on the Internet and are incapable of the most basic level of cognitive complexity. If you’re not one of them, you are against them. If you don’t sacrifice your critical faculty on the altar of Peter Obi political idolatry, you’re against their idol.

If you write any favorable article about Obi, you’re an unflinching patriot, but if you do the same for Obi’s opponents, you’re a paid supporter of their idol’s opponents. They live in a world of Manichean binaries. Nuance is a strange concept to them.

If Satan were to magically emerge today and endorse Obi, they’ll sanctify Satan as Angel Gabriel and sing his praises. They’re that stupid.

They deserve their name. Obedience, after which “Obidience” is modeled, means a dutiful surrender of one’s critical senses to someone in authority, and that’s what Obidients do every waking moment of their miserable lives since they caught the bug of Obimania.

The hypocrisy of most Obi critics stinks to high heavens. They scrutinize him "like he should die for their sins" but they condone incoherent speeches from Tinubu & even try to offer explanations on his behalf.

1 Like

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

The essence of communication is that the recipient of the message shouldn't need someone else to explain the message. In the absence of this, it's no more communication, is it? That's where Tinubu erred, though I wouldn't blame him for this because it's senility and age-induced loss of brain function.

I take that back on calling you a Tinubu supporter. Seems calling someone a Tinubu supporter is seen as an insult these days cheesy Do have an amazing day

Well, I am not a tinubu supporter, just for once saw some sense in what he said...at this time.

It does not mean I am ready to vote for him, or support him.

If you read my comments, you will see where I explain one of Obi's comments that was being misinterpreted by his opponents. And I don't also support Obi.

The problem I have with you Nairalanders is that you don't do nuanced discussions.

1 Like

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by toneroforever(m): 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2022
doctuw:
Asiwaju is too intelligent for most of these generations of '90s and '20s youth. It's a pity that it's only a few people here that can decipher that Asiwaju is speaking about making and using our own products. You will not need the dollar if you don't go for luxurious things that are still needed to be imported. I pity the so called Nigerian youths. Most of them have nothing up stairs.
So if he becomes a president,he won't be communicating clearly with the citizens abi? Everyone will start making assumptions after every speech he makes. Ur attempts to cover his obvious gaffes & flaws r so shallow. Try harder & more intelligently next time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2022
buzikid49515:

Idiot tinubu is a dunce who doesn’t understand simple English you can twist his jargon to you own understanding who cares you have only one vote tinubu can rule you and your family but not Nigerians.illiterate like you rooting for a dying old man.

Your frustration cannot help you. Your bitterness cannot help you either. You called me an illiterate and said Tinubu does not understand simple English. Which means both Tinubu and I are illiterates. It is very painful to you.

Your insult further shows you are an uncivilized IBO trader. You cannot understand Tinubu's simple explanation. You have no problem with his statement that if debt is a crime, every American should be in Jail because it is too ambiguous for you. Your problem is with Benz and Lexus which your brothers in Clearing and forwarding business and Importers traded. What Tinubu is talking is far above car or local importer and clearing and forwarding. It is nonsense to you. Your brothers believe in money laundering - export drugs, use proceeds to finance import.

1 Like

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by wales4real(m): 6:22pm On Oct 22, 2022
How will you be able to hide your face when he becomes elected?
Asgard73:
Tinubu will not be President of Nigeria..

Not an option..

Even with his numerous supporters

God forbid him.

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Asgard73: 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
wales4real:
How will you be able to hide your face when he becomes elected?

You better don’t wake from your hallucinations
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by olatuns2017: 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2022
Islie:
Mr Tinubu said Nigerians complaining about huge borrowings by the federal government should stop using Mercedes Benz and Lexus vehicle brands.

https://gazettengr.com/national-debt-tinubu-asks-nigerians-to-stop-using-mercedes-benz-lexus/

You are olodo if you don't get d narrative of church rat and holy communion

Even some people here still don't get simple metaphor

Too bad for your parents sending u 2 skul

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2022
toneroforever:

The hypocrisy of most Obi critics stinks to high heavens. They scrutinize him "like he should die for their sins" but they condone incoherent speeches from Tinubu & even try to offer explanations on his behalf.

You've just confirmed the opinions of Farooq in his piece. You're more than a Pharisee; you take after the Sadducees of Palestine. You'll not let anything comment pass without having a say. You're despicable.
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by zuto4u(m): 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2022
And some idiots are supporting this man! If this man was to be a doctor, would they trust him with their children's life?
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by wales4real(m): 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2022
The more experienced a doctor becomes, the better he is trusted. So you just shot yourself in the leg there sir!
zuto4u:
And some idiots are supporting this man! If this man was to be a doctor, would they trust him with their children's life?
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by harbarzzy(m): 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2022
Bluntguy:
Buhari is a mistake that must not be repeated in Tinubu.
same as Obi
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by obotematics: 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2022
Mercedes and Lexus? Hmmm
Let's patronise innoson and see multiplier effects mbok
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by bejeria101(m): 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
Alagbado Pablo escobar dun drop quote.
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Keblast: 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2022
We don't need doctors report to know that Tinubu is not healthy to rule NIGERIA, his past is too corrupt and with that we can predict his future.
Atiku and Obi should be the main contestants but from Atiku's past I strongly disqualify him.
Obi once a governor, which I don't much about his ruling but from my research no much corruption against him.
I think, with Obi knowing fully well that the youths are strongly behind him, he won't fail us because if dose , he unleash the beasts to hunt him for the rest of his life.

OBI is young, intelligent, understanding and healthy.
Let's leave tribalism because it won't put food on our tables.
I WILL VOTE FOR OBI. HOW ABOUT YOU?
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2022
Tell that to your senators, average Nigerian don't use benze or BMW unless those related to the stealators and politicians.

1 Like

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
zuto4u:

He is a psychopath, who wants people to be impoverished, lagosians are impoverished.
If BAT becomes presidio, the poverty will multiply all over the nation.
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2022
olatuns2017:

You are olodo if you don't get d narrative of church rat and holy communion

Even some people here still don't get simple metaphor

Too bad for your parents sending u 2 skul

If what he said is a metaphor then you re a psychopath.
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Shikini: 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2022
Chai!!!
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by occfx: 7:44pm On Oct 22, 2022
Xscape1993:
No no no to the founder of agberos in Nigeria as president. Imagine the childish statement! We must not repeat the 2015 deadly political mistake in 2023. We must lock up this 'old creature' in the bullion van next year.

With a very big padlock and chain. He must no come any where close to Abuja not to talk of aso rock

1 Like

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Xscape1993(m): 7:50pm On Oct 22, 2022
occfx:

With a very big padlock and chain. He must no come any where close to Abuja not to talk of aso rock
You are indeed a great Nigerian...
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Mike008(m): 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2022
Asgard73:

Not an option..

God forbid him.

Supporters? No way! they are a rented crowd.
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Chopcy29: 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
Obamaofusa:

Mumu writeup from an IPOBIAN towncrier.

Stop hating bro. Na we all get this country together, let’s try and make it be like the others we admire. Me and you know that tinubu is not fit to rule this country
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Kwestionair: 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
alanto:
If you are foreigner and reading this.. you need to understand that both the writer of this article and many of the commenters are mischievous people and do not represent the way Nigerians think....
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed is saying the same thing that all nigerians have been saying including obi who doesn't have a road map for what he says. Buy locally made products. Is mercedes benz or lexus produced in Nigeria? No! While you buy this vehicles you're not helping Nigeria and Nigerians.... How many Nigerians are patronizing locally made cars? In everything we prefer imported, yet we say the economy is not doing well, dollar is going up.. and then you have a presidential aspirant that said he will lift all restrictions on importation turning Nigeria to a dumping site.

To real Nigerians as you listen to these politicians during these election period. Critically analyze their depth by what they say and also scrutinize their past record, that way chances of voting a dullard is slim.

Modified:
Endless mention, endless insults why? Because I chose to follow my sense of reasoning....
God knows I have never been a part of any political party, I have never met Tinubu in person but growing up in Lagos, I have always been a fan of the man, he made education easy for me... Among other things...
I know that Tinubu can turn Nigeria around, the man is a doer, he's been consistent. He has made elders that have remained loyal to him years after years, if you are into trade or doing yahoo you are not going to understand that Nigeria has some real problem but if you have worked in a factory or have ever tried to work in a factory you will understand, people make 18k a month in this country, why? Because OBJ introduced a contract staff nonsense. You go to a company to work, the company will employ you under another company name just so they can short pay you... It was OBJ and Atiku that did that to the youth. The same Atiku that want to be president again... Tinubu is out there talking about getting employed and having access to loans for easy life as in developed country model... A snippet of his manifesto tells so much about his genuity...

Lagos was bankrupt when Tinubu took over in 1999, the state did 700b+ last year in IGR. Such wand is what Nigeria need.

See while we troll and catch cruise, let not forget that whatever happens in this country we all enjoy the consequences....

P.S Even if I wanted to I can reply all the quotes and mentions

Finished man

1 Like

Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by Evaromantik(m): 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2022
Asgard73:

Not an option..

God forbid him.

Which Numerous supporters?.. Don't be threatened by his Lagos rented crowd.

The worst is that he can't even rent anyone outside Lagos.
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by okechuks22: 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2022
Mrfixitt:
Tinubu na crook. I wonder why a sane person will support a vegetable as corrupt and heartless as he is to become a president. Africans have a long way to go
very long way
Re: National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu by jojothaiv(m): 9:27pm On Oct 22, 2022
Jagaban with the idioms!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari To Saraki: Leave Me Out Of Your Trial / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% / Man Proves Dino Melaye Served in Kaduna, See What He Shared (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.