Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,497 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP (22298 Views)

Ademola Adeleke & Will Stevens, US Consular General, In Osogbo / Osun: Court Rejects Suit Seeking To Sack Oyetola / FFK: Adeleke Will Make An Excellent Governor, He Is A Good Dancer & Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by goldenchild03: 11:38am On Oct 22, 2022
It is well
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by Hespee93: 11:41am On Oct 22, 2022
Coldie:

D issue is employing them after u lost election. 12,000 people for that matter. Y didn’t he employ them until he lost the election?

Emplying 12,000 people within short period of time can still be a lie, though he might employ after election, but amounting to 12,000 is something I myself can believe. And PDP might want to use this as well to chase away people Oyetetola employed politically when he assume office.
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by KGD10: 11:56am On Oct 22, 2022
Poanan:

How? He didnt pay workers for months.

He did and paid pensioners too.. It was Aregbesola who didn't pay salaries.

I felt it was still the hate people had for Aregbesola who wasn't paying salaries & Pension hence was why they didn't support Oyetola in the first election, as well as losing the other support from Aregbesola in the second election. That was what made him lose the election. It was even a small margin despite losing the majority of Aregbesola support.
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by nighthawk1: 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2022
christejames:
I don't know why some outgoing government always want to make life and governance unbearable for their successors undecided

Is it a Nigerian thing, or an African thing? undecided

I think its a political booby trap for incoming opposition government and well practiced in Nigeria. The outgoing governor will loot the treasury dry and sign up outrageous loans to ensure the incoming government is so crippled that it can barely work not to talk of flying.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by Faposky95: 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2022
...the sword..??
the 12,000 are still your people.|

i ask, 12000 sacked at once, that's a gold mine for any powerful billionaire governor to turn to gold.

expenses minus logistics and admin costs

God is watching
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by Bbbwings: 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2022
KGD10:
Osun made a mistake with this gbeff!

Na Aregbesola I blame. He couldn't see beyond his nose. He should have given Oyetola a little support considering how Oyetola turned Osun IGR around from 7b to 21b..

Regardless of his problem with Oyetola, he should have given him a little support, considering Osun people not wanting to vote for Oyetola after Aregbesola tenure was because of Aregbesola's debt/non payment of salaries and pension which Oyetola ended up paying hence Aregbesola should have supported Oyetola at least, regardless of whatever problem he had with him. If you want to support someone else, it should be someone with substance, not a gbeff like this dancer.

I also felt Oyetola didn't talk much during the debate. He should have talked about how he paid the debt left by Aregbesola. Paid the salaries arrears of workers unpaid by Aregbesola. Also, Osun didn't borrow any money throughout Oyetola's tenure. I really don't know why he didn't talk. He's obviously someone who doesn't talk much.

I for example only learned about the high IGR increment under Oyetola after the election. From 7b to 21b... He did well tbh. Although he lost by little margin despite Aregbesola supporting Adeleke but I felt he could have won, only if he had talked about his achievements.
What debt did he repay?
No dey give us lamba for here
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by KGD10: 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2022
Bbbwings:

What debt did he repay?
No dey give us lamba for here

He did! And he didn't even borrow but rather increased Osun IGR!
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by FOSAC: 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2022
undecided
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by FOSAC: 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2022
KGD10:

He did! And he didn't even borrow but rather increased Osun IGR!

Oyetola didn't pay pensioners. My mom retired in 2020 after Aregbesola's tenure and has not been paid her contributory pension and all her retirement benefits from Osun State government. Oyetola is a liar!

2 Likes

Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by MALLEOLUS2017(m): 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
Why actually not in support of Adeleke sacking those people. What I expect, is for the Adeleke led government to conduct screening on those recently recruited to make sure that they merit. Those who don't merit can either be trained or be sacked by the Adeleke led government. That's the spirit of continuity. Unfortunately in Nigeria our governments lack that spirit. Everyone wants his name to be mentioned for initiating something. No one really wants to continue from predecessors. Due to this reason, projects are abandoned by succcessors after huge sums have been wasted on those projects. God help us.
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by grandstar(m): 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
Lanretoye:
He can't even think about how to create jobs to employ his own allies,his only solution is to sack his predecessor's,u go tell us maybe na contract staff them be...osun state will smell pepper. obviously that is your level of reasoning,you should be riding bycicle.

Creating jobs this way is irresponsible. If the state government receives 500m a month and was already spending N300m paying salaries, that would leave it with N200m to spend on capital projects etc

If it increases staff by 12,000, that might add an extra 100m to salaries, leaving 100m left.

So, instead having 200m to spend on other things such as reducing government debt, building roads or other capital projects, it now has only 100m. it now spends this money on workers who really have virtually nothing to do- the state government does not need them.

This is how Osun workers were left unpaid for 11 months. When Aregbesola employed 10,000 youths to keep his campaign promises, he never knew one day reckoning would come

When that time came, he admitted that the state workforce was not only large, but that the state also inherited the pension payments of osun staff formerly employed by the then undivided Oyo stafe

If you want to assist people, find the best practices and apply them

1. Provide soft loans to deserving widows
2. Build industrial estates and provide infrastructure, incentives and subsidies to encourage investors set up factories.

3. Provide tax holidays to companies investing in. Osun

4. Build an ICT park.
5. Provide soft loans to deserving entrepreneurs

6. Provide a list of your solid minerals and encourage miners to come in. Support artisan miners from Osun state

7. Reduce personal taxes of businessmen in Osun state.

And much more...

This will generate lots of jobs and would even generate IGR for the government when they state paying tax.

Using the state as a huge staffing agency is plain wrong. Just plain wrong. Poor countries that do such usually have low economic growth or debt or even the two.To pay salaries, such governments have to start borrowing and that means debt keeps rising. If not careful, they eventually run into the arms of the IMF begging for a bailoit

In rich countries that do so, the personal income tax rates are very high. A lot also have very high VAT rates- some as high as 25% in order to pay salaries.
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by WizzleB: 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
Righthussle:
But Wike left the 13000 people Ameachi employed three weeks to the end of his tenure.

Wike is the best Governor in Nigeria.

Agreed. But note that Rivers state has the funds to accommodate 13,000 on their payroll. Osun doesn’t

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by Coldie(m): 1:46pm On Oct 22, 2022
Hespee93:

Emplying 12,000 people within short period of time can still be a lie, though he might employ after election, but amounting to 12,000 is something I myself can believe. And PDP might want to use this as well to chase away people Oyetetola employed politically when he assume office.
Whenever u see news u no sure of, google is your friend
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by Freethinker87: 2:18pm On Oct 22, 2022
KGD10:

Na Aregbesola I blame. He couldn't see beyond his nose. He should have given Oyetola a little support considering how Oyetola turned Osun IGR around from 7b to 21b..

Regardless of his problem with Oyetola, he should have given him a little support, considering Osun people not wanting to vote for Oyetola after Aregbesola tenure was because of Aregbesola's debt/non payment of salaries and pension which Oyetola ended up paying hence Aregbesola should have supported Oyetola at least, regardless of whatever problem he had with him. If you want to support someone else, it should be someone with substance, not a gbeff like this dancer.

I also felt Oyetola didn't talk much during the debate. He should have talked about how he paid the debt left by Aregbesola. Paid the salaries arrears of workers unpaid by Aregbesola. Also, Osun didn't borrow any money throughout Oyetola's tenure. I really don't know why he didn't talk. He's obviously someone who doesn't talk much.

I for example only learned about the high IGR increment under Oyetola after the election. From 7b to 21b... He did well tbh. Although he lost by little margin despite Aregbesola supporting Adeleke but I felt he could have won, only if he had talked about his achievements.

Why are you Agbadorians mostly illiterate? It begs concern.

In Nigeria, High IGR = High taxes. State Governors do not create revenue sources outside taxation. How can someone be suffering multiple taxations and is happy about it? You Agbadorians need mountain prayers.

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by Spandau: 2:20pm On Oct 22, 2022
seunmsg:

Is there a law that says that a governor cannot employ people after losing reelection? Must governance stop in the state because the governor lost election?

Always known you were an insincere punk. If it was the other way round, especially if it was Peter Obi, you would have developed a running mouth and attacked anyone that would defend the move (except me of course). Nonsense thing! Kadoso Mutairu!
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by Spandau: 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2022
seunmsg:
A governor’s tenure is four years and he can make appointment till his last day in office.

Are the people employed qualified or not? Was due process followed in the employment? Are they Osun state indigenes? If the answer to all these questions are in the affirmative, it will be very wrong and a bad way to start if the new governor sack all these people simply for political reasons. Osun belongs to everybody irrespective of party affiliation. Adeleke should be governor to all and not governor to PDP members alone.

grin grin cheesy grin
Advocate Kadoso Mutairu! I almost got tempted that you are saying this out of a good heart. A good heart? Nah! Something you would never have.
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by KGD10: 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2022
FOSAC:

Oyetola didn't pay pensioners. My mom retired in 2020 after Aregbesola's tenure and has not been paid her contributory pension and all her retirement benefits from Osun State government. Oyetola is a liar!
If he didn't pay pension then, he caused it for himself because the reason why Osun refused to vote in numbers for Oyetola in his first election was because of Aregbesola's failure to pay pension and salaries hence he was repeating Aregbe mistake.

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by BluntCrazeMan: 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2022
christejames:
I don't know why some outgoing government always want to make life and governance unbearable for their successors undecided

Is it a Nigerian thing, or an African thing? undecided

PLEASE SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT PETER OBI.

Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by BennyDon: 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
The exact way Gov Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq sacked the workers Gov Ahmed engaged at the dusk of his administration.

It's a normal thing when the incoming governor is a member of the opposition party.

But the bowl shouldn't make Jess of basket when rain is falling. Basket would be useful during harvests!
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by Isholad11(m): 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2022
KGD10:

Lick your wound, which salary arrears are you taking about. I am a state worker here in osun state and nothing has been paid. Infact he added his own, which is 4 months unpaid deduction

2 Likes

Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by DadaHammed: 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2022
seunmsg:

Is there a law that says that a governor cannot employ people after losing reelection? Must governance stop in the state because the governor lost election?

You like to support evil and anomalies by painting it with an aura of pseudo-objectivity. Why are you this miserable? Is this how you live in real life? Is this how you administer you family and personal affairs? grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by Adola1(m): 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2022
[quote author=Righthussle post=117774594]But Wike left the 13000 people Ameachi employed three weeks to the end of his tenure.

Wike is the best Governor in Nigeria.[That's not correct, Ameachi employed 13,000 teachers in 2013, While Gov. Wike was inugurated in May, 2015]
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by highbee02: 9:09pm On Oct 22, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Funny thing is, maybe some of them even paid bribes to get the positions.

It's similar to those people who hurriedly built filling stations along Owerri-Umuahia road after hearing rumours the government was making plans to construct and expand the road. They were expecting to receive compensation from the government for any demolition work.

Unfortunately, the government has not done anything about the road so far... And I expect any government that comes in to do the road to ensure no compensation is paid to them

Your first paragraph is not far from the truth.

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by Victor468: 10:16pm On Oct 22, 2022
[quote author=9jaBloke post=117774689] It's actually suspicious but an investigation should be conducted before sacking them. It is possible the employment process has been on long before it was finalized.

If investigations reveal any illegality, they should all be sacked and the perpetrators prosecuted.

Exactly. People just talk gibbishly. Recruitment into public post takes time and it's systemic. It's never done in a hurry.
Perhaps the process had been concluded just before the election hence their engagement.
Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by TbergAyo(m): 12:12am On Oct 23, 2022
KGD10:

Which debt and salaries did he pay, say what you know….. The debt still remain gidigba…. Some have retired with nothing to live with. I hope the new administration will do much better in the welfare of the state workers

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by 9japride(m): 2:30am On Oct 23, 2022
Righthussle:
But Wike left the 13000 people Ameachi employed three weeks to the end of his tenure.

Wike is the best Governor in Nigeria.
[color=#006600][/color]

River state is an oil rich state. A dummy can do well in both Rivers and Lagos state. With all the wealth the state has, how has it impacted on the common man? Rather they keep wasting money on inflected projects, buying expensive state operational vehicles, bugus budgets for living conditions of government officials and other irrelevant things. Just to do to simply service to the people by creating an environment for excellence its that difficult for them. You guys should study develop countries and see how their government try their best to make their environment conducive for living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP by Chnbanc: 11:59am On Oct 23, 2022
Nukilia:

Jandor winning Lagos would be a miracle. grin
don't you believe in miracles?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samuel Ortom And His Wife, Eunice Ortom Step Out For Tor Tiv Coronation / NASS: Presiding Officers Residences Uncompleted (Photo) / ABSU Gang Molestation Suspects Unmasked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.