Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport (843 Views)

JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport / My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by Learner247: 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2022
Good day.

I have never traveled outside of Nigeria because I haven't had any reason to do so. However, I intend to change this narrative soon by the grace of God.

In view of the above, I had planned to start traveling by going to Dubai for 1 week holiday but that would no longer be possible because of the new ban..

The above informed my creating this group, please how do I start traveling the world?

Please I do not intend to japa, just want to go see other countries with my family and come back home. I am a business man and people are just getting to know us, so japa is out of it.

I will appreciate rich answers from diverse people.

MOD, Kindly help me give this thread a boost. I really need a lot of responses to help me.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by taylor88(m): 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2022
undecided
Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by sirrotex: 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
Save up enough money, apply for a visa and move
Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by Learner247: 8:35pm On Oct 22, 2022
sirrotex:
Save up enough money, apply for a visa and move

Thank you for your response.

I will like to start this year but I saw that I would need upto 3 months to apply for UK visa for instance.

I am not doing too badly with finance.
Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by TNORWAY: 8:38pm On Oct 22, 2022
Dubai has banned visa to Nigerians .....
Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by sirrotex: 9:02pm On Oct 22, 2022
You need a 6 months bank statement to apply to the UK. I would advise that you build your travel history before thinking of the UK.
Learner247:

Thank you for your response.

I will like to start this year but I saw that I would need upto 3 months to apply for UK visa for instance.

I am not doing too badly with finance.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by olukaygold(m): 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2022
Following
Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by pansophist(m): 10:17pm On Oct 22, 2022
To get a visa easily from any country, you must give the consular a vibe of affluence. The consular must be convinced that you are least likely to overstay or abuse the conditions of your visa. This is where most applicants get a denial because it is difficult to prove.

So if your plan is to start traveling around the world in two years' time for example, then you must start planning now. necessary plans are things like registering your business and operating with a corporate account, to show the inflow and outflow of transactions, and you can boost possibly, and delay cash there. If you have any landed properties, are married with kids, or have any affiliations that show that you are thoroughly invested back home, then it is a plus.

What you must do is show that you have more ties back home than abroad. Lots of visa applicants make the fatal mistake of showing excessive ties with their destination countries, and no strong ties back home. They show ties such as invitation letters from abroad, financial statements from their sponsors, the strength of their relationship with their sponsors, and no ties back home that is equally or stronger than their ties abroad.

From the eyes of the consular officer, you are in the category of risk, and the visa will hardly be given to you unless your circumstances change. If your destination is the Schengen area, then it will help you immensely if you download the document titled ''visa code'' (REGULATION (EC) No 810/2009), this is the document that consular officers make their decisions from, and if you have ever applied for a visa before, you will notice that they quote sections from this documents when denying or issuing a visa.

As to the old saying, to catch a rat, you must be able to think like a rat. To get a visa, you must be able to analyze yourself from the eyes of the visa officer. Getting a visa is mostly something you qualify for or don't. And the consular officer will mostly just reveal your status to you. SO prepare well, don't rush, and make sure that when you hit, you don't miss.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by MMempire(m): 10:48pm On Oct 22, 2022
Me too go like japa o.
Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by ednut1(m): 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2022
Start with african countries like morroco, kenya, South Africa

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by Learner247: 11:19am On Oct 23, 2022
ednut1:
Start with african countries like morroco, kenya, South Africa

Thank you. Let me go to Mauritius or Seychelles then.
Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by Learner247: 11:29am On Oct 23, 2022
pansophist:
So if your plan is to start traveling around the world in two years' time for example, then you must start planning now. necessary plans are things like registering your business and operating with a corporate account, to show the inflow and outflow of transactions, and you can boost possibly, and delay cash there. If you have any landed properties, are married with kids, or have any affiliations that show that you are thoroughly invested back home, then it is a plus.

Thank you. I have all the referenced. However, while there is good inflow and outflow transactions on my corporate accounts, I don't delay cash there because of the instability of the Naira and my flair for investing.

Can't my USD and Stockbroking investment suffice?
Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by pansophist(m): 11:40am On Oct 23, 2022
Learner247:

Thank you. I have all the referenced. However, while there is good inflow and outflow transactions on my corporate accounts, I don't delay cash there because of the instability of the Naira and my flair for investing.

Can't my USD and Stockbroking investment suffice?

The burden of proof lies with the applicants, and in this regard, the applicant reserves the right to prove the legitimacy of his case via any documentary means possible.

Documents an applicant can submit are non-exhaustive, so feel free to prove your trustworthiness by all means possible. It's hard, I know, but it's the price one pays if they have only the nationality of the underdeveloped world.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Begin To Travel The World With My Nigerian Passport by cucumbar: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
The bolded sums it up.
There are visa applications the consular will see and can’t help but approve your application. In fact, if it normally takes 1 month for visa processing, such applications will be out in two weeks.
My brother will always tell me that…. Hmmm your documents look intimidating o. This one na express approval, and it has always been like that.
Pansophist….one of the few monikers I always never jump his comments! you are ALWAYS making sense.
pansophist:
To get a visa easily from any country, you must give the consular a vibe of affluence. The consular must be convinced that you are least likely to overstay or abuse the conditions of your visa. This is where most applicants get a denial because it is difficult to prove.

What you must do is show that you have more ties back home than abroad. Lots of visa applicants make the fatal mistake of showing excessive ties with their destination countries, and no strong ties back home. They show ties such as invitation letters from abroad, financial statements from their sponsors, the strength of their relationship with their sponsors, and no ties back home that is equally or stronger than their ties abroad.

From the eyes of the consular officer, you are in the category of risk, and the visa will hardly be given to you unless your circumstances change. If your destination is the Schengen area, then it will help you immensely if you download the document titled ''visa code'' (REGULATION (EC) No 810/2009), this is the document that consular officers make their decisions from, and if you have ever applied for a visa before, you will notice that they quote sections from this documents when denying or issuing a visa.

As to the old saying, to catch a rat, you must be able to think like a rat. To get a visa, you must be able to analyze yourself from the eyes of the visa officer. Getting a visa is mostly something you qualify for or don't. And the consular officer will mostly just reveal your status to you. SO prepare well, don't rush, and make sure that when you hit, you don't miss.

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Bought A Train Station In United Kingdom / The Disparity B/w Uk Home And Overseas Students / Canada Permanent Resident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.