Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,646 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) (1328 Views)

Kenyan Lady Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Defiling A 4-Year-Old Boy / Young Lady Dies 10 Days After Tweeting That She Feels Like It's Her Time To Die / South African Lady Sentenced For Life For Raping 10-year-old Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by officialwdhtv: 8:01am On Oct 23, 2022
A Nigerian lady has been sentenced to one (1) year in prison in Dubai UAE for making a video and tweeting about how Nigerians were illegally detained at the Dubai International airport.

Video that got her in trouble;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZxdgrEgeic

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 23, 2022
Sorry oo
Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by Coolbreeze1988(m): 8:15am On Oct 23, 2022
Dubai no be Nigeria. Am sorry for her though
Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 23, 2022
I hope Madam Abike Dabiri would do the needful. Anyway people should respect other countries laws, but I honestly don't see how this is a cybercrime..
Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by Islandlady(f): 8:52am On Oct 23, 2022
Nigerian and victim mentality are 5 & 6...

Despite the fact that we are the ones ruining our reputation abroads with drugs and illegal activities! Why won't we be treated as trash.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by backnbeta(f): 8:55am On Oct 23, 2022
No iota of respect for Nigerians anywhere again undecided
Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by matrixme(m): 8:59am On Oct 23, 2022
The issue is that Nigerians take a whole lot of things for granted. You went to another man's country, being lucky enough to be granted visa among many thousands that applied and got rejected. Perhaps on further vet check at immigrations office, you decided to pick phone and come online to protest.
To what end exactly? So we can pick cane and go flog their ambassador or burn their embassy? Because last time I checked, Dubai or any other developed country DON'T need more Nigerians. We're the ones that need them for refuge. Because of her stupid advocacy online now, other Nigerians have been denied access. Alaaseju people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by tillaman(m): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2022
Islandlady:
Nigerian and victim mentality are 5 & 6...

Despite the fact that we are the ones ruining our reputation abroads with drugs and illegal activities! Why won't we be treated as trash.

you are absolutely correct
Our people no dey try for that side at all especially folks from SE, during my stay in UAE I witnessed it all
From Robbing UAE exchange to Cultism or Sales and delivery of Alcohol broad day light to killing one another
The most annoying part is these mumu cultists would hack each other to death right there in front of the CCTV and escape to smaller Emirates to avoid getting caught

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 23, 2022
Most of the people destroying Nigeria reputation abroad are from the Southern part of Nigeria.

If you try to call them out, they will start saying you are a tribalist.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by Bvlgari: 10:22am On Oct 23, 2022
This one just carry e tatafo enter abroad shocked see u see wahala now because of your itchy fingers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by Nostring: 10:22am On Oct 23, 2022
Some Nigerians and oversabi... Same thing den dey do here...
Person go talk na like dis I want my thing, my ppl go still do the opposite and go online dey form victim when everything burst lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by phineas: 10:24am On Oct 23, 2022
Dubai has a law against posting negative images or allegations against them or their citizens online.

I think that's the cause of her arrest. It doesn't matter how long ago the crime was, once you set foot on their land the person can be arrested for such crimes

Point is be mindful of other countries laws no matter how unrealistic they may be.
Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by Softmirror: 10:24am On Oct 23, 2022
tillaman:
you are absolutely correct
Our people no dey try for that side at all especially folks from SE, during my stay in UAE I witnessed it all
From Robbing UAE exchange to Cultism or Sales and delivery of Alcohol broad day light to killing one another
The most annoying part is these mumu cultists would hack each other to death right there in front of the CCTV and escape to smaller Emirates to avoid getting caught
undecided. WE NEED OUR BIAFRA, GIVE US BIAFRA. WE WILL USE DRUG MONEY TO DEVELOP OUR REGION.

Re: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To Prison In Dubai For Tweeting About Nigerians (pics) by Truvelisback(m): 11:14am On Oct 23, 2022
phineas:
Dubai has a law against posting negative images or allegations against them or their citizens online.

I think that's the cause of her arrest. It doesn't matter how long ago the crime was, once you set foot on their land the person can be arrested for such crimes

Point is be mindful of other countries laws no matter how unrealistic they may be.
U are a Coward. So, she should shut her mouth watching Nigerians maltreated over there.

(1) (Reply)

Female Teacher Arrested For Raping Male Student / Please How Do We Help Banks Against Armed Robbers? / Is This A Rape?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.