Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power (26482 Views)

Chinese President Xi Jinping's Aide Stopped By Security In South Africa (Video) / Is China Having A Coup & Is Xi Jinping Under House Arrest? What You Should Know / Vladmir Putin And Xi Jinping Pay Tributes To Queen Elizabeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Coolgent(m): 12:26pm On Oct 23, 2022
englishmart:
Xi Jinping, Putin and Peter Obi have one thing in common. They have their country at heart.
I will be donating my life's savings in support of PO

I take God beg u don't put your life saving in PO presidential election....

1 Like

Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Johel(m): 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2022
lhordspy:
China’s Xi Jinping secures unprecedented third term cementing status as most powerful since Mao

* Xi, who took power in 2012, was awarded a third five-year term as general secretary, discarding a party custom under which his predecessor left after 10 years. The 69-year-old leader is expected by some to try to stay in power for life

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/10/23/chinas-xi-jinping-secures-unprecedented-third-term-cementing/

If you are good and did good as president, the people will continue to vote for that president..

But u do bad,come dey expect people to vote you, how Na? It only happens in a shit hole like Nigeria.
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Allisgud: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
This is how to make a country see progress pack tribalism and religion one place and see how the country will move forward,he deserves fourth term
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Godismighty: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
Atleast he is doing well and his pple love him
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by isax(m): 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
What If General M. Buhari decides to force a third term on Nigerians...
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Morphinne: 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2022
lhordspy:
China’s Xi Jinping secures unprecedented third term cementing status as most powerful since Mao

* Xi, who took power in 2012, was awarded a third five-year term as general secretary, discarding a party custom under which his predecessor left after 10 years. The 69-year-old leader is expected by some to try to stay in power for life

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/10/23/chinas-xi-jinping-secures-unprecedented-third-term-cementing/
This is just the main and only reason why you just have to give it to the US when it comes to internal politics and this is also the only reason why I think an Asian/Arabian/African country should never be the world power because leaders from these countries get easily intoxicated and their laws are easily manipulated. Here is someone already wanting to spend 15 solid years in power angry

3 Likes

Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by GrandZadok(m): 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2022
lhordspy:
This man is expected to stay for Life surely.

All he needs is just balls, to confront the evil westerners influence and bullying on his country.

China x Russia x Northkorea x Iran

#TheWinningTeam.
And I don’t think you will ever want to travel to any of these rogue countries. Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Xiaohei(m): 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2022
lhordspy:

All he needs is just balls, to confront the evil westerners influence and bullying on his country.

#TheWinningTeam.

How about giving Buhari a third term? grin
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by planetx: 1:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
Did anyone saw the video of the former president Hu Jintao sitting next to Xi being walked out of the congress. There are speculation that Xi ordered him walked out because on his way out he tapped Xi shoulder and whisper something but Xi response was very cold.
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by lhordspy: 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
Xiaohei:

How about giving Buhari a third term? grin

Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by lhordspy: 1:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
Morphinne:

This is just the main and only reason why you just have to give it to the US when it comes to internal politics and this is also the only reason why I think an Asian/Arabian/African country should never be the world power because leaders from these countries get easily intoxicated and their laws are easily manipulated. Here is someone already wanting to spend 15 solid years in power angry

Get your fact right, sir. Nobody is manipulating anything. They are not practicing democracy, so you can never manipulate what you dont engage in.
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by lhordspy: 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2022
Johel:

If you are good and did good as president, the people will continue to vote for that president..

But u do bad,come dey expect people to vote you, how Na? It only happens in a shit hole like Nigeria.

So people dont vote in Nigeria? If you are refferring to Buhari, which i know for sure it is him you are refffering to.

Always remember you only think buhari is bad from the angle you are looking at it. Buhari is an angel to some also.

1 Like

Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Morphinne: 1:42pm On Oct 23, 2022
lhordspy:

Get your fact right, sir. Nobody is manipulating anything. They are not practicing democracy, so you can never manipulate what you dont engage in.

You didn’t get the drift, sir. I never said they were practicing Democracy.
From your article, the former leader and party laid down rules to prevent anyone from trying to extend their stays in office because they knew such an act could be disastrous but Mr Xi just got around it and ppl are speculating that he might even decide to declare himself life president.
I was simply saying that a country whose leader could just wake up one day and decide to stay in power forever or wage a war without legislative approval shouldn’t be allowed to captain the affairs of our world; It’s dangerous for humanity. With the exception of President Roosevelt, no any other US President did more than two terms in power and mind you, Biden is now their 46th. I am pro-Russian because I want a bi-polar world where not just one county decides what and how things should be done but democracy is still the way to go. Presidency is no one’s birthright. Do yours and leave for someone else. Imagine Buhari or Putin waking up today and declaring himself Nigerian/Russian president for life ?
Asian leaders, just like their counterparts here in Africa, are too immature and power-intoxicated to rule the world. Imagine if it was China that is currently in the status of the US imagine the disaster?. As much as I love the republic of Iran, I can never pray that they, one day, get to US standard (military might) because they might just wake up one day and nuke Israel and Saudi Arabia or any other States with a dissenting political/religious viewpoint.

1 Like

Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by occfx: 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
lhordspy:

Let us give buhari 3rd term to fulfill his promises. To be honest, I want Nigeria to get to a stage the people will beg the leader to stay longer than his tenure to achieve more.
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Xiaohei(m): 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
lhordspy:

Osanobua! Hahahaha! No matter how noble presido ambitions be, clinging on to power no good! See how the presido wey hand over to him was humiliated for inside meeting. Sad! Let’s see how the next five years go go!
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by SolMaximus: 1:58pm On Oct 23, 2022
ADOLF HITLER is HUMILIATING western democratic values!

Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Chetas81(m): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
SOME ELERIBURUKU FROM NIGERIA WILL TALK RUBBISH ABOUT THE XIN JI PIN OF CHINA
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by PaNnamdi: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2022
lhordspy:

#TheWinningTeam.
Idiot go not Korea and stay na
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by ALFADOS(m): 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2022
lhordspy:

#TheWinningTeam.
Cuba's
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Ijb11: 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
Oh
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Danny50: 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
lhordspy:

#TheWinningTeam.
US and NATO still bigger.

1 Like

Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Johel(m): 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
lhordspy:

So people dont vote in Nigeria? If you are refferring to Buhari, which i know for sure it is him you are refffering to.

Always remember you only think buhari is bad from the angle you are looking at it. Buhari is an angel to some also.

No doubt...even the devil is loved by his demons.
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Karnice600: 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
planetx:
Did anyone saw the video of the former president Hu Jintao sitting next to Xi being walked out of the congress. There are speculation that Xi ordered him walked out because on his way out he tapped Xi shoulder and whisper something but Xi response was very cold.

I did
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by smart8956: 9:32pm On Oct 23, 2022
He's a good leader,the Chinese people must be very grateful for having such a good leader. Africa will forever remember Xi and Jack Ma for their contributions during the covid pandemic. In his first term,so much scholarship & free visas were given to Africans to study in China.
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Jokerman(m): 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2022
I heard no woman in the cabinet grin
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Slimpotter(m): 10:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
loswhite:
What is nice about it? Someone handed power to him after 10 years...lol. now e reach him turn him no gree handover....Smh.

This is an ignorant thing to say. There are no term limits for the position of the General Secretary but for that of the president. They're both two different posts.
The party voted him in, you're not a member of the party, what makes you think you have a better understanding than them?
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by loswhite(m): 8:07am On Oct 24, 2022
Slimpotter:

This is an ignorant thing to say. There are no term limits for the position of the General Secretary but for that of the president. They're both two different posts.
The party voted him in, you're not a member of the party, what makes you think you have a better understanding than them?
How can an ignorant person claim to be Educated...smh. The constitution was amended by Xi in 2018 to remove term limit. Imagine having Buhari amending our constitution to remove term limits. Why don't we sit so APC can just sit and vote back Buhari.
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Adjovi: 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
I thought Western media said he was under house arrest grin grin grin grin grin grin. The West us truly falling gradually, they are ignoring their own internal problems and focusing on other countries minor problems
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Slimpotter(m): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2022
loswhite:
How can an ignorant person claim to be Educated...smh. The constitution was amended by Xi in 2018 to remove term limit. Imagine having Buhari amending our constitution to remove term limits. Why don't we sit so APC can just sit and vote back Buhari.

Have you read the Chinese constitution?
I am telling you that the one that was amended was for the presidency not for party General Secretary, I guess it's hard to know the difference.
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Slimpotter(m): 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2022
loswhite:

I wonder why you have to use buhari to make your point. Countries are different and they both practice different styles of government, your western centric view of politics isn't status quo everywhere.
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by Slimpotter(m): 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
loswhite:

Slimpotter:

Have you read the Chinese constitution?
I am telling you that the one that was amended was for the presidency not for party General Secretary, I guess it's hard to know the difference. I wonder why you have to use buhari to make your point. Countries are different and they both practice different styles of government, your western centric view of politics isn't status quo everywhere..
Re: China’s Leader Xi Jinping Secures Historic Third Term In Power by loswhite(m): 6:41pm On Oct 26, 2022
Slimpotter:

Is Xi the general secretary? Is Xi not the focus of this conversation? You drink weed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Donald Trump Criticies Media Houses For Not Showing Street Protests / US President Joe Biden's Son, Hunter, Indicted On Federal Firearms Charges / Dead Brothel Owner Wins Election In Nevada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.