Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense - Fashion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense (29086 Views)

US Survey Declares Nigerian Men 8th Sexiest In The World / Best Dressed Nigerian Men In 2013 By MODE Men Magazine.. You Agree? / Who Said Nigerian Men Dont Have Swag? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by londoner: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2007
Some Nigerians dress well, but Nigerian men look best in native attire. The Yoruba men put lots of effort in dressing up.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by seun001(m): 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

says who? as long as you don't do it at Oshidi market by some quack doctor, you should be fine.

point is you boys drink too much. Thart's one of the reasons why I would never even have anything to do with someone that drinks more than maybe a glass of wine every once in a while, I have no time for the pot belly horrors later in life.

avoid the alcohol, drink water.
more fiber in the diet.
yada yada.

well,theres been casualties,like Stella and recently Alams,i hope you realse he has not recovered fully from the tummy tucks he did before trouble started.

thot Gulder was the real culprit for pot bellies.and think its hereditary also.have a friend that drinks like a brewery and his tummy is flat so wassup with that.

please continue with all your advice pertaining to dressing ,guess am learning.cheers
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2007
Lol Stella was a spirtual case caused by the spirits of angry Nigerians.

tummy tucks/liposuction are common here. If you go to a good licensed doctor. All shall be well.

Gulder is alcoholic isnt it? so apparently it is part of the problem. that friend of yours is gonna get his pot belly soon when he gets older and his metabolism slows down.

Apparently walking/run for several miles daily also helps.

serious with the fiber too, oranges, beans, spinach, etc
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by seun001(m): 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2007
BlackMamba:

Naija men lack dress sense? Really? This is as stupid a stereotype as stupid can be. Does it apply to my lovely sisters? I guess not, as I always drool over Naija ladies when they step out dressed to kill.

from the foregoing i hereby submit that my lovely sisters in the quote above refers to naija men.chikena
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by faketan(m): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2007
Please can you guys tell me who you are comparing naija men with? British or American,

Make una make am clear before I go talk.

Abi na french men? Me I de wait for replies from the girls wee de bata naija men.
Thifof kidny and thief of eyes make una answer me.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by sprezatura(m): 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2007
d ladies r all judging by what they see those Top cat looking men in the 9ja entertainment industry wear, emeka ike or chidi mokeme wear lemon green or red suits doesnt mean all 9ja men dress dat way. About d sunglasses at night, think we are being too over critical of 9ja guys, agreed its wrong, but tons of hollywood and Britiko stars do that as well.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by osisi5: 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2007
wawa:

Please can you guys tell me who you are comparing naija men with? British or American,

Make una make am clear before I go talk.

Abi na french men? Me I de wait for replies from the girls wee de bata naija men.
Thifof kidny and thief of eyes make una answer me.

we are not comparing them to anyone but pointing out the bad aspects in their dressing that's all.
Anyone can be helped with constructive criticism grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by PTH(m): 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2007
Babyosisi, ban don hit you too? grin grin grin grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by osisi5: 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2007
no my brother.
I asked Seun to change my name to osisi but he said I waited to long so he couldn't it so I did it grin
someone already took osisi so I added a plus sign
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by osisi5: 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2007
I feel like a brand new woman
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by PTH(m): 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2007
+osisi:

no my brother.
I asked Seun to change my name to osisi but he said I waited to long so he couldn't it so I did it grin
someone already took osisi so I added a plus sign

Old things have passed away behold all things have become new.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by osisi5: 8:09pm On Aug 23, 2007
you bet!
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2007
osisi, what happened to the 'baby'
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by osisi5: 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2007
I am now matured. smiley
I've reserved the baby for one person and one person only LOL
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by osisi5: 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2007
actually you started calling me osisi and I like it better
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by faketan(m): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2007
Where are the ladies in this thread. Please answer my question. Abi una no want answer me?
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2007
well arent you his baby? so it fits  wink

tell seun to give you back your posts, im gonna think you're an imposter
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by faketan(m): 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2007
Hi Thief, please answer my Q smiley
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:11pm On Aug 23, 2007
we are comparing them to every man.

They should all dress like David Beckham to be specific

Looking like him would be nice too.  grin

seriously though wetin consider comparison, we just want them to be normal and not wear freaking SUNshades at 1am.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by osisi5: 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2007
There are many examples they can choose from amongst blackmen.

TOH I think dressing good is a gift,you either have it or you don't grin
some men are untrainable
but we must keep trying.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by faketan(m): 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2007
David beckam

What about pete doherty, You see my sis,

Stupid dressing full Britain, Infact british men dress worse pass. David Beckham has a stylist, It is only in Britain that you will see someone wearing socks with sandals.

Snickers with Blazers, May be I am wrong but they commit fashion crime pass Naija people,

Go to The Sun, have you heared about CANER's League before, Just type that into your browser or google and it will show you how stupid British men dress.

I am not supporting Colour riot wearing sun shade in the night or any type of bad dress sense. It is done so much in britain by celebrities, it is becoming fashionable. You know naija people, everything from LONDON is right.

Just like the top excutives will wear suit at 40 degrees, and girls go with spaghetti hands including plus show back at 5 degrees a fashionable act , so is wearing sunshade at night even though it is not reasonable.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by faketan(m): 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2007
Abia! you don try to train one before? Make u get koboko for am. e go learn.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2007
I've seen socks with slippers in Nigeria many times.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by faketan(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2007
agreed, but inside the village
ThiefOfHearts:

I've seen socks with slippers in Nigeria many times.

But for UK, U go see them with socks and Sandals for London
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by osisi5: 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2007
a woman at my Church wears socks with slippers and sandals and she's American.
I think that one is universal.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by faketan(m): 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2007
You see wetin me de talk.

So Fashion blunder no reside for naija shores
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Iman3(m): 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2007
I dey wear sandal for winter period!Wetin una think?People tell me to stop wearing it.I need some ladies advice grin grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by faketan(m): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2007
They are coming. A word of advice before they arrive. They have razor sharp tongues I did not tell u that.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by omoge(f): 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2007
ahem. some guys don't wash their boxer or pant daily. they wear it again and again even when the boxer starts begging for laundry. there is this guy that sit in front of me in class. i see the same boxer on him always shocked

now don't tell me it's one same type in a pack.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by PTH(m): 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2007
omoge:

ahem. some guys don't wash their boxer or pant daily. they wear it again and again even when the boxer starts begging for laundry. there is this guy that sit in front of me in class. i see the same boxer on him always shocked

now don't tell me it's one same type in a pack.

grin grin its possible. They sell some boxers 3-6 in a pack, same type.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by omoge(f): 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2007
eh, the ones i saw was deligently unchanged grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by faketan(m): 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2007
How you carry de see am, you de perv?

E be like u fancy the guy to depay that kind of attention wetin e de wear.
omoge:

eh, the ones i saw was deligently unchanged grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Fashion Lookbook As You Never Seen It Before / 100% Herbal Cosmetics, Treat All Blemishes And Protect Your Flawless Glamour! / Omotola Jalade’s Outfit To Lagos Fashion & Design Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.