Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,915 members, 7,956,438 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:59 AM

Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya (26321 Views)

How Oluwo Of Iwo Was Jailed In The US By Tunde Odesola / Becheve: Cross River Community Where Unborn Baby Girls Are Betrothed To Aged Men / Ogoja, Cross River Where Cameroonian Mothers Iron Their Daughter's Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by RussellRutherfo: 12:40am On Oct 24, 2022
Mayeldah:
One reason I am happy for civilization, forget it if not for the British that colonized us, by now worse barbaric practices never heard of before would still be happening all over this country. A lot woke Nigerians today blames the West for giving us their religion but forgetting that the African religion from ages has been filled with barbaric practices that dehumanizes people and in some cases encourages human sacrifices. God forbid!
The west did well for us, the reason we are still lagging behind is because the black race has refused to help itself. Even America was once colonized by the British but today they are bigger on all fronts than their former colonial masters.
Where is the Cross River State in all these? A Governor's declaration can fix this and the whole practice will come to an end. Where is the state assembly in Cross River State? Are they not aware? Are they also part of the men taking young girls as slaves?
The parents should also be educated to understand that they should not borrow money from pedophiles. No one will take your daughter if you didn't take a loan from him. The state government in CRS should empower the people in that community.
Solution to this menace can be achieved on several fronts.

You can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 24, 2022
Adopt me instead cool
gasparpisciotta:
I will like to adopt any one of the girls, she lives there, schools there, I wish to be responsible for her well being
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by FelixTerungwaDa(m): 12:58am On Oct 24, 2022
Holyman12:

Why was Siofra not born in this village grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by 3seriez(m): 2:16am On Oct 24, 2022
inoki247:
The thread go silent as no be North or Muslim dominated area he happen....

Hahaha! You get. Were just bloody hypocrites in this country. grin
If it was North, comments would be over 10 pages by now.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by SaLongs1(m): 4:46am On Oct 24, 2022
inoki247:
You should shut up when you have nothing reasonable to say rather than confirm our opinion on your state of mental soundness.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 24, 2022
Cooooooks have you read this??
This is so sad mehn.
Money wife? These people sometimes incur debt before the child is born. Gosh!!!
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by olibeans: 5:40am On Oct 24, 2022
This is very touching.
I will like to donate to support this project. May God help these girls.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by inoki247: 5:58am On Oct 24, 2022
SaLongs1:
You should shut up when you have nothing reasonable to say rather than confirm our opinion on your state of mental soundness.

You be hypocrites cry more you people are 2face kind of people.....

No region or religion wey monsters and no get barbaric culture buh instead of calling dem all out and tackle it you will be silent once is coming from the south.....

So carry your cry ur comot from here I'm not the cause of your frustration...
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Belleful: 6:55am On Oct 24, 2022
If now north now, we for don wail tire. The south is no different from the north. Child marriage, child maids. Upon all the education and exposure. Were are all the celebrities from cross river state? The NGO's? They should tag the governor's wife too. Why re they silent? Or are they benefiting from the system too?
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by fluffybaby(f): 6:58am On Oct 24, 2022
What if no daughter is born? Will they wait for a grand daughter or will they take the wife?
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by jojothaiv(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2022
Having good intentions is not enough, it might even reinforce the status quo.

After we were drawn out of the murky slums and waters of Makoko, respite came and we found hope in cheese....

Tunde's ChessInSlum has done more than some state governments and a large part of the federal government will ever dream of.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by fluffybaby(f): 7:09am On Oct 24, 2022
Wickedfacts:

Will you shut up, you filthy thing.
Is it not men who are now trying to end this madness? What have you or your fellow female noisemakers done to end the practice?

When your fathers treat you and your mothers like animals, you pour venom on all men. Is it all men that are slapping your mothers at home?

Abeg face your father and leave all men out of your family frustrations.

Good and wise Men are a blessing to any generation. Women can not even band together to do anything solid without petty jealousy and envy creeping in to pitch them against each other. Women have evolved into competitive creatures who aim to project themselves better than the other. God bless the pastor and the NGO and all supporters of this mission. I wish the parents will be forced into labour to payback the money the borrowed. Yes. Let them have a small taste of the pains gained from their foolish decision to borrow money with a a human life.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Asek1(m): 7:10am On Oct 24, 2022
Alwaysready:
I never knew I could read the whole story.

Started little by little and it was getting interesting and so I had to finish.

You guys will be remembered for this act to humanity.

What Jonathan,Liyel Imoke,Donald Duke couldn't do for his people,others are doing now.

Check my signature and patronize us today, thanks

It pays not to comment on what you are not well versed in especially when mentioning names
A little research will do you no harm
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by fluffybaby(f): 7:13am On Oct 24, 2022
inoki247:

Believe me if na Christian sect do this claiming that their prophet okays marrying young kids like Islam okays girls once they hit puberty if their fathers so desire to marry them off. This thread would be full too. Both Atheists and Muslims and even christians would have something to say about a god or a prophet who marries and sleeps with a child. Wether in the North, south, east or west. Wether Muslim or christian or pagan. So far they tie religion and a gods rulling to it.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Boyooosa(m): 7:15am On Oct 24, 2022
I wouldn't have ever thought that anything APC would be in such village, I was thinking it was an isolated village somewhere around a non existing country that borders Nigeria....so sad.

As much as I understand that Onakoya does not really want to involve government that much, reasonable officials among them should see this as an avenue to be responsible, if just for this once.

They should provide security for those Chess guys at least and use the authority the people have handed over to them to keep peace in the environment and ascertain that these guys' missions are accomplished the way they really dreamt and beyond.

Mr Bullionaire or probably Trillonaire, I know a population of 100 thousand citizens might not be attractive to you as viable target, as valid voters among them might not even be up to 1 or 5% but rest assured, if you have genuine and positive impact in this pathetic project, some Nigerians will see the traits of humanity in you and appreciate you if you do not eventually politicize your gesture as usual.

At Chess Guys, kudos to your team!

I will follow you guys up on Twitter and be a contributor as may be applicable.

Thanks for sharing the story

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by dettolgel: 7:42am On Oct 24, 2022
nlfpmod:
Shared by Tunde Onakoya, founder of Chess in Slums Africa:

https://twitter.com/Tunde_OD/status/1584055357915402241?t=4xJRA5lGquCyKtUhhRvJ9Q&s=08

Previous similar threads: https://www.nairaland.com/6412144/okenegoro-sex-slavery-cross-river

https://www.nairaland.com/4492119/money-marriage-practice-cross-river

This is great initiative but I think the state government should be involved and let them take Central position in criminalising the practice.

Also I am of the opinion that the renovation of infrastructure that belongs to the government in which there is budgetary allocation for, does nothing but perpetuate corruption.

These schools are the responsibility of the government if ngo and individual keep renovating these infrastructures government will never sit up because they know if they embezzled the money meant for maintenance sooner or later either an ngo or individual will come and fix it out of pocket.

I would assume that this ngo is a big one why not take the pictures of the school and pay the state government or local government a visit, ask for them to renovate the place. The truth is that most of these government officials don't want their dirty linen to be washed outside and will do it.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by nony43(m): 8:26am On Oct 24, 2022
Alwaysready:
I never knew I could read the whole story.

Started little by little and it was getting interesting and so I had to finish.

You guys will be remembered for this act to humanity.

What Jonathan,Liyel Imoke,Donald Duke couldn't do for his people,others are doing now.

Check my signature and patronize us today, thanks

Which Jonathan?
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Alwaysready(m): 8:39am On Oct 24, 2022
Asek1:

It pays not to comment on what you are not well versed in especially when mentioning names
A little research will do you no harm

Was Jonathan not the president then?

What are you saying?
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Alwaysready(m): 8:40am On Oct 24, 2022
nony43:

Which Jonathan?

Was he not a president at a time?
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by nony43(m): 10:56am On Oct 24, 2022
Alwaysready:

Was he not a president at a time?

How could he have know this if it’s not been reported?

Did you know of this information before now?
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Alwaysready(m): 11:10am On Oct 24, 2022
nony43:

How could he have know this if it’s not been reported?

Did you know of this information before now?

'Known' not 'know"

Make una check una sentences before posting it.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by cooooooks(m): 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2022
Not yet, I'll read
Lollittaa:
Cooooooks have you read this??
This is so sad mehn.
Money wife? These people sometimes incur debt before the child is born. Gosh!!!
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by nony43(m): 1:56pm On Oct 24, 2022
Alwaysready:

'Known' not 'know"

Make una check una sentences before posting it.

Thanks for correcting me. Now answer my question and stop deflecting.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by DIVAD2000: 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
LadySarah:
Through all ages,men have been wicked to females.I don't know our crime and to think it is through us life is sustained.So many pedophiles running through generations.

Education is the best thing that happened to women.It opens your eyes and allows you own your body.Whatever you now decide to do with it is then your problem.

BTW view demonic APC logo at the background.

You can see that it's a man that is clearly championing the movement for the ladies development
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by SaLongs1(m): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
inoki247:

You be hypocrites cry more you people are 2face kind of people.....

No region or religion wey monsters and no get barbaric culture buh instead of calling dem all out and tackle it you will be silent once is coming from the south..... Your frustration is obvious from your write up so don't transfer it to me and my observation is incontrovertible.

So carry your cry ur comot from here I'm not the cause of your frustration...
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Jeon(f): 4:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
inoki247:

Aswear nah so ebi ooh

3 Likes

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Asek1(m): 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2022
Alwaysready:

Was Jonathan not the president then?

What are you saying?

Is that the only name you mentioned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella / History Of Ogori And Magongo In Kogi State / Little Oyinbo Girl Presents Yoruba Cultural Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.