Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya (25731 Views)

Okenegoro: Sex Slavery In Cross River State (money Wives) Public Eye Episode 5 / Becheve: Cross River Community Where Unborn Baby Girls Are Betrothed To Aged Men / Ogoja, Cross River Where Cameroonian Mothers Iron Their Daughter's Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by BBright1: 7:51pm On Oct 23, 2022
The parents are as use.less ass ass.ole
They are not worthy to be called parents

1 Like

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by LagosIsForIgbos: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2022
post=117816155:

THIS is barbaric and wicked to say the least.
Something urgent must be done (NOW) to Save this poor girls that have no say of their own.

, how are you?
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Psychedelia(m): 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
There are some cultures in Cross River that just act like middle-belters and North-Easterners sometimes.
For example, those Yakurr guys act more like Northerners than even the people in Plateau and Taraba.

I'm sorry mehn, but the non-Efik portion of that state is so weird.

1 Like

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by lailo: 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
These are Northern Cameron people not Nigeria. They will soon go to where they belong just like Bakkasi.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Mathain19(m): 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2022
Am overwhelmed with this story...
Too bad..
How do some older men feel seeing a girl child young enough to be their granddaughter
Pregnant ?
Disgusting traditional practice ..
May God see them through their predicaments..

1 Like

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Cromagnon: 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
LadySarah:
Through all ages,men have been wicked to females.I don't know our crime and to think it is through us life is sustained.So many pedophiles running through generations.
Through the ages men have provided for and protected females. 1 local govt out of 774 is not many pedophiles.

Education is the best thing that happened to women.It opens your eyes and allows you own your body.Whatever you now decide to do with it is then your problem.

Education gap increased divorce (unprotected vulnerable women) rate

BTW view demonic APC logo at the background.

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by PHIPEX(m): 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
It always ends with them requesting for donations. Lol. cheesy Fear Nigerian NGO.

Why not fund his advocacy from his own pocket? Has he emptied his bank account yet?

There is no village in Nigeria without pressing societal problems.
You have a very poor mentality, values should not always be measured in monetary terms.

3 Likes

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by chiedozie198100: 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
It always ends with them requesting for donations. Lol. cheesy Fear Nigerian NGO.

Why not fund his advocacy from his own pocket? Has he emptied his bank account yet?

you no well.

2 Likes

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by uptownemmygee(m): 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2022
Nice one
The Lord is their strength
Tag all the men of God in Nigeria for funding
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by sammysammy111(m): 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2022
God bless you and ur team my brother, I first watch dis documentary on NTA Sunday night after 9pm network news, NTA crew went der, interview d people, created awareness, but no action was taken.U and ur re doing wat Women NGOs re suppose to do.Tank u sir, I will contribute my little token to dis noble cause

2 Likes

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by gasparpisciotta: 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
I will like to adopt any one of the girls, she lives there, schools there, I wish to be responsible for her well being

1 Like

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by ajibade971: 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
Very bar-bar-ic culture. God bless u for D rescue Very bar-bar-ic culture. God bless u for D rescue ...
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Roozzaay(m): 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
Just imagine only 2 pages cheesy
Now picture these happening in the far North and Muslim dominated areas undecided
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Tess24: 9:19pm On Oct 23, 2022
Wickedfacts:

Will you shut up, you filthy thing.
Is it not men who are now trying to end this madness? What have you or your fellow female noisemakers done to end the practice?

When your fathers treat you and your mothers like animals, you pour venom on all men. Is it all men that are slapping your mothers at home?

Abeg face your father and leave all men out of your family frustrations.

That was harsh of you... You would have been peaceful with your reply...

1 Like

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Forbesdeal(m): 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2022
Thank you Tunde, Yoruba's has always be LIGHT[b][/b] to this Nation.....With all their Peter obi here ,obi there ,they still live in the PAST

1 Like

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by doncheks: 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2022
I am moved by this act of kindness and enraged that this wicked and barbaric act still persists in modern civilization.

I still maintain that the girl child is like an endangered specie in some of the poorest places in the world.

I admire the objectivity with which you outlined plans to end this menace. I can only imagine the amount of thought and deep thinking hours invested in this initiative.

Thank you for choosing to be heroes at a time when such acts of goodwill are hard to come by.

I wish I could be more actively involved but I'd make my personal donation and hope that more initiatives like this will be inspired by this act and help us to give a better life to those whose life opportunities have been robbed by archaic and barbaric cultural practices devised by depraved narcissistic misogynists.

Thank you @chessinslums and I pray and hope that this story has a happy ending for the Becheve girls.

1 Like

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by observanc1: 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
McBaron2:
This is a total false write up

There is no such transition in Obanlikwu LGA cross river state.

I hail from a close by LGA
@iphyjones that served in that local govt commented and confirmed it's real, that they call it money woman. And u, without proof, just say it's a total false writeup, only because u hail from a neighbouring local govt. Just see yourself.

1 Like

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Mayeldah(m): 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
One reason I am happy for civilization, forget it if not for the British that colonized us, by now worse barbaric practices never heard of before would still be happening all over this country. A lot woke Nigerians today blames the West for giving us their religion but forgetting that the African religion from ages has been filled with barbaric practices that dehumanizes people and in some cases encourages human sacrifices. God forbid!
The west did well for us, the reason we are still lagging behind is because the black race has refused to help itself. Even America was once colonized by the British but today they are bigger on all fronts than their former colonial masters.
Where is the Cross River State in all these? A Governor's declaration can fix this and the whole practice will come to an end. Where is the state assembly in Cross River State? Are they not aware? Are they also part of the men taking young girls as slaves?
The parents should also be educated to understand that they should not borrow money from pedophiles. No one will take your daughter if you didn't take a loan from him. The state government in CRS should empower the people in that community.
Solution to this menace can be achieved on several fronts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by odinga1of: 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
McBaron2:
This is a total false write up

There is no such transition in Obanlikwu LGA cross river state.

I hail from a close by LGA

Oga after Government, you are the problem of Naija.

Doubting Thomas

2 Likes

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by observanc1: 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
Roozzaay:
Just imagine only 2 pages cheesy
Now picture these happening in the far North and Muslim dominated areas undecided
similar things happen in the north
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
inoki247:
The thread go silent as no be North or Muslim dominated area he happen....
lord Lugard for don collect curses tire grin grin
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Oduduwa707: 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
All Igbo marriages fall under this category na.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by prophetfire: 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2022
Brendaniel:
The state government needs to take action to help....
. Didn't you see APC logo on that house? Everything babaric is from APC.

1 Like

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by prophetfire: 10:12pm On Oct 23, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

. This is not a new story. Churches and even foreigners have been going there and not asking for donations.
Those Lagos thieves have decided to use it to cash out. Screaming as if it's a new thing. It's cash out opportunity for those guys.
See as their eyes dey shine.
Oloriburuku oshiiii dem.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by observanc1: 10:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
See the link of BBC Africa documentary on the issue in 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu9A6ONxnCU
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by Roozzaay(m): 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
observanc1:
similar things happen in the north

Yes, this barbaric acts happens everywhere but some hypocrites are always ready to call out or drag particular religion and people.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by manitoba(m): 11:20pm On Oct 23, 2022
With CISA signature on this, I know light is coming to those communities.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by netmillionaires(m): 11:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
Stop stressing yourself. He is actually right too but talking about something else. The topic was about TRADITION while the person you quoted is talking about TRANSITION.
grin grin grin

observanc1:
@iphyjones that served in that local govt commented and confirmed it's real, that they call it money woman. And u, without proof, just say it's a total false writeup, only because u hail from a neighbouring local govt. Just see yourself.

1 Like

Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by OloYeOfEgbE: 12:05am On Oct 24, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

you are smart..asides that channels TV did a documentary about them,same people 4 years ago...Documentaries have been going on about becheve money bride since 7 years

this guy na scammer jare
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by godofuck231: 12:06am On Oct 24, 2022
History has seen worse , especially in Europe, dont feel the Europeans didn't have child marriages, it just that the system of families protecting women After given out for marriage is messed up , it used to be better , some women grow to become bank managers and not getting a man to marry, the traditional African system has its divorce procedures , when the man has past his Rubicon and is unresponsible
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by RussellRutherfo: 12:37am On Oct 24, 2022
nlfpmod:
Shared by Tunde Onakoya, founder of Chess in Slums Africa:

https://twitter.com/Tunde_OD/status/1584055357915402241?t=4xJRA5lGquCyKtUhhRvJ9Q&s=08

Previous similar threads: https://www.nairaland.com/6412144/okenegoro-sex-slavery-cross-river

https://www.nairaland.com/4492119/money-marriage-practice-cross-river

It's always the Christians like Pastor Richard that are shinning like lights doing good works just like Missionary Mary Slessor and years after. The foolish atheists and false religions like the Jehovah witnesses, Muslims, and others will go in to try and take credit for the work the Christian missionaries did and try to discredit and confuse the truth about the involvement of Christians in selflessly bringing light to all communities.
Re: Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya by RussellRutherfo: 12:39am On Oct 24, 2022
Forbesdeal:
Thank you Tunde, Yoruba's has always be LIGHT[b][/b] to this Nation.....With all their Peter obi here ,obi there ,they still live in the PAST

Not Yoruba but Christians like the Pastor who first broke the news. Christians are the light of the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Described As Re-incarnate Of Oduduwa (photos) / Olori Badirat Olaitan Adeyemi's Twins (Alaafin Of Oyo's Twins) / Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.