Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding (7945 Views)

[+18 Video] BBA Hotshots: Macky, Ellah, Butterphly And M’am Bea Time On Day 10 / Pictures Of Mercy Aigbe & Her Mum / Photo Of Mercy Johnson And Her Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by peddylinko(m): 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2011
5,000 Women To Protest On That Day
[img]http://1.bp..com/-YeF_gUvbAh8/Tk4WGYNSrZI/AAAAAAAAGVw/6Voxw-keEfM/s1600/Mercy_Johnson_prince_okojie_828811360.jpg[/img]
A women's group, Society for Nigerian women, have written to Christ Embassy that if the Church goes ahead with the wedding despite all the evidences and petitions of Lovely against the wedding that they would mobilize Nigerian women to demonstrate and disrupt the wedding proceedings.

The letter addressed directly to Pastor Chris Oyakilome dated August 15th and signed by Mrs. Chinyere Okonkwo President of the group indicated that after the meeting of the group on August 13th, they’ve decided to react to publications that were reporting that Pastor Chris lead church has finally agreed to go ahead with the wedding, it described the decisions as wicked and highly immoral that a man will leave his legally married wife and go ahead to marry another woman and a respectable church were ready to join them together.

The letter begged Pastor Chris to rescind the decisions in the interest of the innocent children that Odi had abandoned or risk 5,000 women demonstrating in front of the Church on the day of the wedding.

SOURCE: http://naijagossips..com/2011/08/society-for-nigerian-women-to-hold.html
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by adetoru(f): 4:09pm On Aug 19, 2011
But the madam Lovely still hasn't provided the marriage certificate. And I think it's degrading that a woman should go through all that for a man who obviously doesn't want her.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by peddylinko(m): 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2011
adetoru:

But the madam Lovely still hasn't provided the marriage certificate. And I think it's degrading that a woman should go through all that for a man who obviously doesn't want her.

She already has http://naijagossips..com/2011/08/lovely-okojie-sends-in-divorce-petition.html
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by tpia5: 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2011
At this point, nobody cares if its degrading or not.

That is not the issue.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by r231(m): 1:18am On Aug 20, 2011
the issue is. . . . he is still married to her period
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Ranoscky(m): 1:37am On Aug 20, 2011
Wetin consign me?!
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by emmatok(m): 1:43am On Aug 20, 2011
Nonsense protest, they should leave them alone.

Abba, the man says he want another wife, and some women are complaining.

Why all these stress when you can divorce.

The man and woman  should divorce and go their separate ways.

Marriage no be by force.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by asscend: 1:56am On Aug 20, 2011
This is what i call cheap publicity. Instead of championing other relevant and vital things that affect women, its this one they want. I blame the pple giving them coverage including Nairaland putting it on front page,
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by IYANGBALI: 1:57am On Aug 20, 2011
emmatok:

Nonsense protest, they should leave them alone.

Abba, the man says he want another wife, and some women are complaining.

Why all these stress when you can divorce.

The man and woman  should divorce and go their separate ways.

Marriage no be by force.
i no blame you na wetin you sabi?if na your sister the useless man treat like that na the thing wey you go talk be dis?abeg make i hear word,birds of the same feather tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by emmatok(m): 2:16am On Aug 20, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

i no blame you na wetin you sabi?if na your sister the useless man treat like that na the thing wey you go talk be dis?abeg make i hear word,birds of the same feather tongue tongue tongue tongue

I will not force my sister to stay in a marriage that is not working?

Haven't you heard of women divorcing their husband to marry another man?

So why is this case different.

Think again that marriage is dead .

She should be fighting for child custody,alimony and not stopping the man from marring another woman.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by lagcity(m): 2:20am On Aug 20, 2011
emmatok:

I will not force my sister to stay in a marriage that is not working?

Haven't you heard of women divorcing their husband to marry another man?

So why is this case different.

Think again that marriage is dead .

She should be fighting for child custody,alimony and not stopping the man from marring another woman.

right on point. the woman is just doing all she can to make that man miserable. u know bitter ex-wives can go all the way to get revenge
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Korrection(m): 2:55am On Aug 20, 2011
but na really wah oh, Mercy Johnson of all people but na wetin she see for the guy body?? i neva really understand honestly, men never finish na, haba
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Ranoscky(m): 3:13am On Aug 20, 2011
^^ Who is the guy in question, gan sef?
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Nobody: 3:36am On Aug 20, 2011
Korrection:

but na really wah oh, Mercy Johnson of all people but na wetin she see for the guy body?? i neva really understand honestly, men never finish na, haba
The guy is bas.tardly havin,its all abt benjamins lol.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by SisiKill1: 4:08am On Aug 20, 2011
More like Society for Insecure and utterly jobless Nigerian Women.

Mercy Johnson embodies everything they fear. . . a young, semi-attractive, vivacious girl "stealing" their husbands.

Now they must destroy her. . . .reminds me of the witch hunt of yester-years.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by dinggle: 4:37am On Aug 20, 2011
your all wondering why?  women are hating on Mercy, but haven't u all heard that the magic stick Uromi men is unique among men created by GOD. Before any woman blames Mercy pls find an Uromi man in your neighborhood  and taste his magic stick, you will be unstable for life if he doesn't marry you. Mercy's only hope is to marry her prince or switch him over for another Uromi man. Its not voodoo it call magic stick radar technology with capability to see in the darkest hole for G-sp*t accuracy hit!
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by AjayiAdeniran(m): 7:08am On Aug 20, 2011
What is ever more degrading than organising such as protest as to distrupt and forestall the marriage of an innocent young lady who has just found love and happiness. I know the ex-wife would have accepted quietly her lots, if the rival were not to be a celebrity. After carelessly playing away their husbands, they resort to fight unreasonably getting them back. So the Women Group or whatever is it, should rather concern themselves with much sensible a strugle for women folks and leave the couple-to-be alone by allowing the union and the holy matrimony to commence and be conducted. For you can not eat your cake and have it.

Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Tolulop001(f): 8:10am On Aug 20, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

More like Society for Insecure and utterly jobless Nigerian Women.

Mercy Johnson embodies everything they fear. . . a young, semi-attractive, vivacious girl "stealing" their husbands.

Now they must destroy her. . . .reminds me of the witch hunt of yester-years.

true dat . . lol @ bolded
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by JosephJon: 8:22am On Aug 20, 2011
Noby should blame Mercy here after all she is loaded already by the man and should
be allowed to celebrate the wedding so that when she downloads, the product will have fatherly blessings likes the other woman's products,sorry kids.Lol
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by WMD(m): 8:41am On Aug 20, 2011
I can see polygamist in nairaland. By their reply we shall know them. Wuna they fear womens revolution ne?
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by DrPhemmie(m): 9:00am On Aug 20, 2011
:oIts so surprising the way we Nigerians have moved from a state of sanity to that of insanity. We are Africans, our culture is not the divorcing type. Pls don't blame her for trying to keep her husband and family, it's her right and it's stupid to just let go of what you have or love. Pls lets put an end to this western insanity that is eating deep into us. we have our own cultures remember cry The man is obviously out of his mind, I mean who would go on with a wedding like this after all frowns. What made mercy think she won't be treated that way? Shameful embarassed
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Andrew3(m): 9:53am On Aug 20, 2011
when did polygamy become a taboo in nigeria? grin grin grin
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by honeric01(m): 10:52am On Aug 20, 2011
Uhmmm, make dem let her marry o, the same way she came in, thats the same way she's going out.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by emma2002(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2011
Joseph Jon:

Noby should blame Mercy here after all she is loaded already by the man and should
be allowed to celebrate the wedding so that when she downloads, the product will have fatherly blessings likes the other woman's products,sorry kids.Lol

sorry kids? hope you do not mean this, my heart bleeds for those young lives!
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by bamosagie(m): 11:21am On Aug 20, 2011
Honestly, Mercy have no other choice than to continue with the marriage, too much publicity already. God help her if she make a U turn now, she will remain single for a very long time. Lovely should take solace in her kids, she have a career in canada, and i know love will come knocking on her door again. they have been seperate for a while now, which means she will get on with her life without him.
Better they live seperate life than end up killing each other. as for the prince, he fell out of love after two kids with lovely, who say's same thing wont happen with Mercy, beautiful girls come along everyday and the dear prince will still be able to observe them, run shows and maybe get hooked again.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by favouredjb(f): 11:48am On Aug 20, 2011
too bad
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by shababysha: 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2011
whats their business, them wan use mercy get fame. they better face and hold their own husbands tight before over sabi go make them loose their husbands.  instead of them to say them want indirectly fight make their husbands no dey carry small small girls again , them dey use mercy as cover. i am not supporting either mercy or odi but na who talk e own pple dey c.  wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by fyomer: 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2011
Celebrities!!!!!!anouncing this and broadcasting that  before the said time.Julia Robert marriage is safe today, cause (1)she kept her family out of the media.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by apoti(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2011
But I thought she already called off the wedding
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by Obinoscopy(m): 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2011
Women! They are devil personified. They are responsible for all the evil committed by men.
Nevertheless, they're necessary evil because I don't think men would have survived without them.
Having said this, I hereby pronounce both Mercy and alleged wife guilty.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by cap28: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2011
If the man doesnt want to carry on with his current wife  i see no point in her (lovely)still hanging on - whats the point of living with someone who doesnt want you.

this women's organisation is a waste of space - shouldnt they be protesting about the large number of domestic violence cases that are perpetrated by nigerian men against their spouses, sounds like they've got too much time on their hands.

the only thing the guy needs to ensure right now is that he is free to remarry mercy, if not he can go through the traditional route after all oge okoye's husband was married to a dutch woman in holland at the time he married oge in a traditional ceremony in nigeria, so mercy and her prince charming can go down the same route.

mercy should open her eyes very well though and realise that  a man who denies his own child is capable of anything, not sure this guy is really worth all the trouble, i think mercy can do better.
Re: Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding by ronkebp(f): 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2011
if the other woman is really claimimg that this guy is her husband and the guy does not want her anymore, he should file for divorce now, abi naaa? what nonsense, what is the business of the other 5000 women, is that their calling?" instead of them to profer ways on how their husbands would be coming home early after work, and not taking small small girls to beer parlour, and impregnating them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Haven’t Found Man Worth Settling Down With – Actress Chiagoziem Nwakanma / Move Over Flavour! Check Out Korede Bello's Sexy Selfies And Abs On Fleek / Red Velvet Cake Recipe: How To Make The Best Red Velvet Cake Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.