Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Red Velvet Cake Recipe: How To Make The Best Red Velvet Cake Ever - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Red Velvet Cake Recipe: How To Make The Best Red Velvet Cake Ever (7949 Views)

Best red carpet capture in Military / Rita Dominic Glows In Velvet For Betty Irabor's 60th Birthday / Toke Makinwa Dazzles In Velvet Co-ordinates [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Red Velvet Cake Recipe: How To Make The Best Red Velvet Cake Ever by Ihotune(f): 11:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
Red Velvet Cake is moist, yummy and unlike what people think, is not hard to make. All you need to do is pay attention to details and don’t be in a hurry at all. The cake is so tasty and delicious that if you are not mindful, you might almost finish it while it is fresh out of the oven.

I remember I first spotted Red Velvet Cake recipe on Allrecipes and the recipe was straight forward with little to no details, so I didn't know how to go about it and felt it was very difficult to make.

That is why with this well explained red velvet cake recipe even if you're a learner, you can't go wrong. So continue reading and you will be so proud of yourself afterwards.

Ingredients For Making Red Velvet Cake:
• 1½ cup Vegetable oil (use Butter as substitute)
• 2½ cup Flour - Sifted
• 1 cup Buttermilk
• ½ teaspoon Salt
• 2 tablespoon Cocoa powder
• 2 tablespoon Red Colour
• 1½ Cup Granulated Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla flavor
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
• 1 teaspoon Vinegar

Preparations Of Red Velvet Cake Recipe
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Grease pans with butter, margarine or vegetable oil. After that, coat the pan with flour by sprinkling flour on the grease and shaking it to evenly distribute.

This will help the cake not to burn and also come out easily from the pan after baking. You can also use 2 or 3 cupcake papers at a time so that the design on the cup cake will not be covered by oil.

Traditionally red velvet cake is made with vegetable oil but you can use butter as substitute. Cream the oil and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add one of the eggs and beat until well mixed then add the other and mix very well.

Make a paste of cocoa and red food colouring and add to the creamed mixture. Mix salt, vanilla and buttermilk together (to make buttermilk, put one tablespoon of vinegar in a 1 measuring cup, and then add enough milk to fill the cup and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes).

Now add the milk mixture and the flour to the creamed mixture bit by bit. Divide the flour into three parts and the milk into two.

First add the flour to the creamed mixture, add milk, add flour, then add the remaining milk and lastly add flour. Always end with flour.

Mix the baking soda and vinegar in a cup. It will start foaming immediately. Gently fold it into the cake. Folding means adding ingredients without beating or mixing vigorously.

Just run the spatula around the sides of the bowl and gently raise the spatula so it’s like trying to scoop the batter or turn it over.

Put the batter into the pan and bake until a knife or toothpick inserted into it comes out clean. Like I said earlier, the cake is very moist and yummy.

You might mistake the moistness for it being undone. However, when it is cool, it’s perfect. Frost and decorate to your taste. The taste and color of red velvet cake is perfect for Valentine. Enjoy!

Please share and leave a comment below to encourage me!

Source: http://www.versatileblog.com.ng/2017/06/red-velvet-cake-recipe-how-to-make.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Velvet Cake Recipe: How To Make The Best Red Velvet Cake Ever by Badb0y4lyf(m): 9:20am On Dec 08, 2017
I like red velvet cake I will try ur recipe this weekend if I'm chanced.
Re: Red Velvet Cake Recipe: How To Make The Best Red Velvet Cake Ever by Naijamingles: 11:25am On Jan 19, 2018
A client told me to bake this for her, at first I was confused and to be honest, I did know what to do but I told I will do it and I search online for the recipe but what I saw was confusing until I saw yours and ibtried it.
Viola!!! It was the most delicious and moist cake I have ever baked
Thanks
Re: Red Velvet Cake Recipe: How To Make The Best Red Velvet Cake Ever by Ginibaby877: 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2019
Thanks this was really helpful, well detailed and easy to understand

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Ndubuisi Shares Cloths To Women & Children In Jahi Community / Tiwa Savage Show Off Her Pant In See-through Outfit. PHOTOS / Society For Nigerian Women To Protest On Day Of Mercy J. Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.