Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,577 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku (16123 Views)

I Won’t Govern Like A Dictator – Fubara / Meet Five Governors Who Allegedly Govern From Outside Their States / Owerri Zone Won’t Govern Imo Unless I Complete My Second Term—ohakim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Bobloco: 6:38am On Oct 24, 2022
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress Bola Tinubu, on Sunday afternoon in Kano, declared that he would devote 100 per cent of his time and energy to serving Nigerians if elected.

This was as the former Lagos State governor mocked the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, pledging that he would not be a part-time president that would spend 50 per cent of his time ruling the country from Dubai.

This was contained in a statement released in Abuja by Tinubu’s Media Officer, Tunde Rahman, shortly after his interactive session with members of the popular Tijjaniyyah sect in Kano.

The statement partly read, “I won’t be a part-time President who will share time between living in Dubai and Nigeria. I would concentrate attention and energy on confronting and surmounting Nigeria’s pressing challenges.”

Tinubu’s mockery was coming barely two months after his running mate, Senator Kashim Shettima, described the former vice president as a political tourist who only returned to the country every electoral cycle.

While referring to Atiku as a father he held in high esteem, Shettima said Nigerians wanted a leader whose worth and output could be felt at home.

Endorsing Tinubu’s ambition on Sunday, the Tijjaniyyah sect demanded that his presidency should ensure inclusion of their members in cabinet and other government appointments, reduction in Hajj fares and assistance in concluding Tijjaniyyah University under construction in Kano.

Reacting, Tinubu said the answers to their demand were in his manifesto, which was unveiled on Friday by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

While assuring the northern business leaders of better business environment with well-thought-out policies, Tinubu identified the link between Kano as a centre of commerce and his economic plan for Nigeria.

He said, “There is a strong nexus between the place of Kano as a centre of prosperity and my plan for Nigeria. What I pledge is a revamped economy which will renew the hope of our people. Our country needs multiple centres of prosperity, and we intend to achieve that by adding value across all sectors of our economy.

“As I said during my speech at the Arewa House on Monday, Nigeria is sitting on a goldmine. There is no state in Nigeria that is lacking in one resources or another. We are determined to explore and exploit these resources to the maximum benefits of our people. Kano, for example, has huge agricultural potentials and important mineral resources underneath its ground like gold, silver, nickel, tin ore and columbite. Each of these, if properly harnessed, can add significantly to our economy as a country.”

https://punchng.com/i-wont-govern-from-dubai-tinubu-mocks-atiku/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by HitRun(m): 6:42am On Oct 24, 2022
Bobloco:
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, on Sunday afternoon in Kano, declared that he would devote 100 per cent of his time and energy to serving Nigerians if elected.

cheesy

The only problem is that his energy is at 10%; meaning even if he devotes 100% of his time, no progress can be made.

136 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Jajaofokpoko1: 6:44am On Oct 24, 2022
But you want to Govern from Uk hospital?

Lol

216 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by whyliwy: 6:45am On Oct 24, 2022
cheesy shots fired!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Gentino(m): 6:50am On Oct 24, 2022
You will not govern from Dubai but will govern from London hospital. Tinubu is really demented!

146 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Anigreat: 6:51am On Oct 24, 2022
shocked

Yes.

But you'll govern with diapers place around your abdomen always.

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Jones4190(m): 7:09am On Oct 24, 2022
tinubu get bad mouth

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Reflect7: 7:20am On Oct 24, 2022
I hate when you people mock candidates based on their health, or possible health condition.

Show some humanity and stop being so spiteful and godless.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by emmanuelbrown26: 7:29am On Oct 24, 2022
Reflect7:
I hate when you people mock candidates based on their health, or possible health condition.

oga no dey sound i too sabi, una dun forget 2015 general elections? una dun forget names tinubu and co called jonathan and his wife?
una dun forget d dirty game tinubu and co played?
or abi na yesterday dem born u?
dis picture resemble sacrifice for d gods

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:30am On Oct 24, 2022
Ok. Over to Atiku.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2022
we still prefer atiku to agberos master, old full.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by iwaeda: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2022
Bobloco:

But you will from London, Baba to yi luu lee. Atiku is coming. angry grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Cj4charles(m): 7:31am On Oct 24, 2022
He wants to govern his own from Iragbiji or London hospital but not from Aso Villa cool

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by HopeSpencer: 7:31am On Oct 24, 2022
....and Cameroon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Tenses: 7:31am On Oct 24, 2022
Q
Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:31am On Oct 24, 2022
See who dey talk grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Houseofglam7(f): 7:31am On Oct 24, 2022
Would it be from Chicago

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by harmargedon: 7:31am On Oct 24, 2022
Old people's joke cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Fedrick100: 7:31am On Oct 24, 2022
The both of you are the same
Your own na London his own na Dubai

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by mrvitalis(m): 7:31am On Oct 24, 2022
He is absolutely right ... Tinubu won't govern from Dubai

But from France and London

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Indelibleage: 7:32am On Oct 24, 2022
But from Paris or London hospital...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 24, 2022
But you would govern from London ... Ibedc shey you na two days break never do?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by AerialMapper: 7:32am On Oct 24, 2022
Yup… he’ll govern from his “rest” location in the UK.

See the person that is talking. Nappy wearing geriatric who should be in a care home.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 24, 2022
who is this poor slowpoke?
Reflect7:

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Kajaard: 7:32am On Oct 24, 2022
Reflect7:

Don't be hypocritical. The evil APC party rained more insults on Jonathan in 2015.

One bad turn deserves another cheesy

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Jcash90: 7:32am On Oct 24, 2022
If atiku like he should govern for Jupiter but we still love him more than you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2022
Bobloco:

Both of you are not fit to run, veteran failures

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by anonimi: 7:34am On Oct 24, 2022
HitRun:
:DThe only problem is that his energy is at 10%; meaning even if he devotes 100% of his time, no progress can be made.

The shaky shaky peepooing Thiefnuibu is just Buhari 3.0 continuity Extra Level.
Who wants the druggie in charge of our wellbeing? Who wants him in charge of our commonwealth?
God forbid BaThing.

Francis5:

Nigeria’s Next Leader’s Ties to a Heroin Ring

Former Lagos provincial governor Bola Tinubu, affectionately nicknamed the Jagaban, is today seen as a shrewd if not “deeply Machiavellian” Svengali in Nigeria’s politics as well as the architect of a hugely successful anti-corruption platform. But 20 years ago he had to forfeit nearly half a million dollars to the U.S. Treasury Department after being named as an accomplice in a white heroin-trafficking and money-laundering ring that stretched from West Africa to the U.S. Midwest.

Although his case has been bandied about the Nigerian press for years, Tinubu’s involvement in a federal drug and racketeering investigation waged jointly by the DEA, FBI, and IRS has gone unreported elsewhere, even after his ascendance to Karl Rove-like status last month. A recent gauzy Financial Times profile of him, for instance, neglected to mention that two decades ago Tinubu was identified as a bagman for two Nigerian heroin movers who operated out of Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. They were Adegboyega Mueez Akande and Abiodun Agbele, Akande’s nephew, who was exposed to law enforcement after selling white heroin first to Lee Andrew Edwards, another dealer later jailed for trying to murder a federal agent, and then to an undercover cop.

In a 1993 court docket from the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois, which The Daily Beast obtained from Sahara Reporters, a Nigeria-focused news outlet, IRS Special Agent Kevin Moss said that Akande had run the white heroin ring in the late 1980s until 1990, when he handed off the U.S arm of the business to his nephew, who had arrived in 1988. Akande then returned to Nigeria but continued to oversee the operation from abroad with the help of others at home and in the United States, including his relatives. One of the individuals identified in his cartel by Moss was Tinubu, then a Chicago State University-educated accountant working as a treasurer for Mobil Oil Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of energy giant Mobil Oil, which was still a few years shy of its famous merger with Exxon in 1999.

In the biography section of his official website, Tinubu is described as having emigrated to the United States in 1975 “in search of the proverbial Golden Fleece with a heart brimming with unrelenting determination to achieve his visions.” This is certainly one way to describe his tenure stateside.

In 1989, Moss said in an affidavit, Tinubu established an individual money market account, into which he deposited $1,000 in traveler’s checks, and a negotiable order of withdrawal account (NOW) at First Heritage Bank in Country Club Hills, Illinois. The address Tinubu gave the bank was the same as the listed headquarters of Globe-Link International, the front company owned by Akande and his relatives.

“There’s a trend of various Nigerian politicians at the highest levels involved in dodgy business deals around the world, in property and cash.”

Bank employees told Moss that Akande had personally introduced them to Tinubu in December 1989 when who also opened a joint checking account with his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, who already kept a joint account with Akande’s wife at First Heritage. Five days after the NOW account was opened, $80,000 was wired into it from a bank in Houston maintained by one of Akande’s relatives. Tinubu would later use the NOW account to buy a $10,000 Certificate of Deposit for an $8,000 car loan, listing Akande as his cousin on the application.

At the time, Tinubu’s take home as a Mobil Oil Nigeria executive was a mere $2,400 a month and he claimed not to have any other revenue streams. Yet he still managed to deposit $661,000 into his individual money market account in 1990 and then another $1,216,500 a year later. He also opened more accounts with Citibank in its worldwide personal banking unit, transferring over half a million dollars from his First Heritage money market account into one of them in early 1991.

Mobil Oil Nigeria told Moss that Tinubu’s role at the company never involved transferring large sums of money between banks and that it didn’t keep deposits in any institutions in the south suburbs of Chicago, where First Heritage was based. Moreover, although Tinubu moved back to Nigeria in 1983, he neglected to file U.S. income tax returns after 1984 despite having sizable, interest-generating deposits in American banks. All of this was enough to persuade a magistrate judge of the Northern District to issue seizure warrants for Tinubu’s First Heritage and Citibank accounts. Collectively, more than $1.4 million belonging to the Nigerian was confiscated.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/27/nigeria-s-next-leader-s-ties-to-a-heroin-ring.html

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Boyooosa(m): 7:34am On Oct 24, 2022
Two old recurring issues grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Govern From Dubai, Tinubu Mocks Atiku by Shadysen: 7:34am On Oct 24, 2022
pot dey call kettle black

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, APC Women Leaders Meet In Aso Rock / AtikuOkowa: Campaign Song For Atiku by Zango Is Currently Trending In The North / Photos From PDP NEC Meeting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.