Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Bible (im)morality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible (im)morality (2414 Views)

Dialectics Of Violence And Morality / Morality Demands A Moral Law Giver / Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible (im)morality by LagosShia: 2:23pm On Aug 19, 2011
BIBLE (im)MORALITY:

BIBLE STANDARD AND MORALITY:WHAT AN IMMORAL "WORD OF GOD" INDEED!!!

IN.CEST IN THE BIBLE:

1.) Lot In.cestous encounter with his daughters:

Genesis 19:33-35
33And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

34And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

35And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

2.) Jacob Son's Incestous replationship with his father's wife:

Genesis 35:22
22And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sons of Jacob were twelve:

3.) Judah (ancestor of your "lord and savior" ) commits prostitution and in.cest and pregnantes his son's wife

Genesis 38:15-18
15When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face.

16And he turned unto her by the way, and said, Go to, I pray thee, let me come in unto thee; (for he knew not that she was his daughter in law.) And she said, What wilt thou give me, that thou mayest come in unto me?

17And he said, I will send thee a kid from the flock. And she said, Wilt thou give me a pledge, till thou send it?

18And he said, What pledge shall I give thee? And she said, Thy signet, and thy bracelets, and thy staff that is in thine hand. And he gave it her, and came in unto her, and she conceived by him.

IN.CEST AND RA.PE BETWEEN BROTHER AND SISTER(children of "holy" David)

2 Samuel 13:5-14 :
5And Jonadab said unto him, Lay thee down on thy bed, and make thyself sick: and when thy father cometh to see thee, say unto him, I pray thee, let my sister Tamar come, and give me meat, and dress the meat in my sight, that I may see it, and eat it at her hand.

6So Amnon lay down, and made himself sick: and when the king was come to see him, Amnon said unto the king, I pray thee, let Tamar my sister come, and make me a couple of cakes in my sight, that I may eat at her hand.

7Then David sent home to Tamar, saying, Go now to thy brother Amnon's house, and dress him meat.

8So Tamar went to her brother Amnon's house; and he was laid down. And she took flour, and kneaded it, and made cakes in his sight, and did bake the cakes.

9And she took a pan, and poured them out before him; but he refused to eat. And Amnon said, Have out all men from me. And they went out every man from him.

10And Amnon said unto Tamar, Bring the meat into the chamber, that I may eat of thine hand. And Tamar took the cakes which she had made, and brought them into the chamber to Amnon her brother.

11And when she had brought them unto him to eat, he took hold of her, and said unto her, Come lie with me, my sister.

12And she answered him, Nay, my brother, do not force me; for no such thing ought to be done in Israel: do not thou this folly.

13And I, whither shall I cause my shame to go? and as for thee, thou shalt be as one of the fools in Israel. Now therefore, I pray thee, speak unto the king; for he will not withhold me from thee.

14Howbeit he would not hearken unto her voice: but, being stronger than she, forced her, and lay with her.

WHOLESALE RA.PING AND IN.CEST BETWEEN SON (of David) AND HIS MOTHERS!

2 Samuel 16:22
22So they spread Absalom a tent upon the top of the house; and Absalom went in unto his father's concubines in the sight of all Israel

BIBLICAL GOD GIVES AWAY THE WIVES OF HIS BELOVED DAVID TO BE RA.PED AS PUNISHMENT!

2 Samuel 12:11-12
11Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

12For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

ONANISM

Genesis 38:8-9
8And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

PROPHETS BUT NA.KED IN THE BIBLE!

(a) “And he (Noah) drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he lay unclothed within his tent.” GENESIS 9-21

(b) ‘And he (Saul) stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down unclothed all that day and all that night Wherefore they say, Is Saul also among the prophets? ” 1 SAMUEL 19:24

(c) “How glorious was the king of Israel (David) to day, who UNCOVERED (became unclothed) himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly UNCOVERS himself 2 SAMUEL 6:20

(d) And the Lord said, like as my servant ISAIAH hath walked unclothed and barefoot three years . . . ” . . young and old, unclothed and barefoot, even with their buttocks UNCOVERED, to the shame of Egypt. ISAIAH 20:3-4

SON OF "RIGHTEOUS" DAVID RA.PES HIS SISTER!

Howbeit he (Amnon, one of the sons of David) would not hearken unto her this sister Tamar’s voice: but, being stronger than she, forced (violated) her, and LAY (Were Intimate) with her.” 2 SAMUEL 13:14

“Man after God’s own heart”,DAVID COMMITS ADULTERY!

And David sent messengers, and took her (Bathsheba); and she came in unto him, and he LAY (had intercourse) with her. . . 2 SAMUEL 11:4

DO YOU STILL REGARD THE BIBLE WITH ALL THE ABOVE EVIL AND WICKEDNESS AS THE "WORD OF GOD"?IF SUCH ARE THE PRIESTS THEN MAY GOD BLESS THE CONGREGATION!!!

Punishment of David in the bible is the ra.pe of his wives by his neighbor and the killing of his baby!
after David of the bible cheated on his wives,God punished his wives by giving them to the neighbor to be ra.ped!!!

(2 Samuel 12:11-14)
Thus says the Lord: 'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die." [The child dies seven days later.
Re: Bible (im)morality by Knight1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
1. The case of "Lot's incestous encouter"- the problem with most people who try to attack the bible is that you people fail to read the whole of even the chapters you want to defame. those girls did what they did without their father's knowledge or consent.
they had lived in Sodom and had been raised there. now they gave birth to sons namely Moab and Benammi(ammonites), if you continue to follow the story of moab and ammon in the bible you will understand that GOd considered them an abomination and repeatedly commanded the Israel not to have anything with them. Hence we have established that God doesnt condone incest!
Num_24:17 I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.
Ezr_9:1 Now when these things were done, the princes came to me, saying, The people of Israel, and the priests, and the Levites, have not separated themselves from the people of the lands, doing according to their abominations[size=8pt][/size], even of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians, and the Amorites.

2.Reuben and his father's wife- Again because you always fail to read the complete story, your arguement falls through again
Gen 49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.
Gen 49:2 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father.
Gen 49:3 Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power:
Gen 49:4 Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel; because thou wentest up to thy father's bed; then defiledst thou it: he went up to my couch.
that curse came to pass such that the tribe of Reuben almost got wiped out until Moses prayed for mercy upon them, infact nobody of repute ever came from that tribe
AGAIN GOD DOESN'T CONDONE IMMORALTY

3. jUDAH AND TAMAR:
Genesis 38:12-23
It is a very ill-favoured story that is here told concerning Judah; one would not have expected such folly in Israel. Judah had buried his wife; and widowers have need to stand upon their guard with the utmost caution and resolution against all fleshly lusts. He was unjust to his daughter-in-law, either through negligence or design, in not giving her his surviving son, and this exposed her to temptation.
I. Tamar wickedly prostituted herself as a harlot to Judah, that, if the son might not, the father might raise up seed to the deceased. Some excuse this by suggesting that, though she was a Canaanite, yet she had embraced the true religion, and believed the promise made to Abraham and his seed, particularly that of the Messiah, who was to descend from the loins of Judah, and that she was therefore thus earnestly desirous to have a child by one of that family that she might have the honour, or at least stand fair for the honour, of being the mother of the Messiah. And, if this was indeed her desire, it had its success; she is one of the four women particularly named in the genealogy of Christ, Mat_1:3. Her sinful practice was pardoned, and her good intention was accepted, which magnifies the grace of God, but can by no means be admitted to justify or encourage the like. There was a great deal of plot and contrivance in Tamar's sin. 1. She took an opportunity for it, when Judah had a time of mirth and feasting with his sheep-shearers. Note, Time of jollity often prove times of temptation, particularly to the sin of uncleanness; when men are fed to the full, the reins are apt to be let loose. 2. She exposed herself as a harlot in an open place, Gen_38:14. Those that are, and would be, chaste, must be keepers at home, Tit_2:5. It should seem, it was the custom of harlots, in those times, to cover their faces, that, though they were not ashamed, yet they might seem to be so. The sin of uncleanness did not then go so barefaced as it does now.
II. Judah was taken in the snare, and though it was ignorantly that he was guilty of incest with his daughter-in-law (not knowing who she was), yet he was willfully guilty of fornication: whoever she was, he knew she was not his wife, and therefore not to be touched. Nor was his sin capable, in the least, of such a charitable excuse as some make for Tamar, that though the action was bad the intention possibly might be good. Observe, 1. Judah's sin began in the eye (Gen_38:15): He saw her. Note, Those have eyes, and hearts too, full of adultery (as it is 2Pe_2:14), that catch at every bait that presents itself to them and are as tinder to every spark. We have need to make a covenant with our eyes, and to turn them from beholding vanity, lest the eye infect the heart. 2. It added to the scandal that the hire of a harlot (than which nothing is more infamous) was demanded, offered, and accepted - a kid from the flock, a goodly price at which her chastity and honour were valued! Nay, had the consideration been thousands of rams, and ten thousand rivers of oil, it had not been a valuable consideration. The favour of God, the purity of the soul, the peace of conscience, and the hope of heaven, are too precious to be exposed to sale at any such rates; the Topaz of Ethiopia cannot equal them: what are those profited that lose their souls to gain the world? 3. It turned to the reproach of Judah that he left his jewels in pawn for a kid. Note, Fleshly lusts are not only brutish, but sottish, and ruining to men's secular interests. It is plain that whoredom, as well as wine, and new wine, takes away the heart first, else it would never take away the signet and the bracelets.
III. He lost his jewels by the bargain; he sent the kid, according to this promise, to redeem his pawn, but the supposed harlot could not be found. He sent it by his friend (who was indeed his back-friend, because he was aiding and abetting in his evil deeds) the Adullamite, who came back without the pledge. It is a good account (if it be but true) of any place which they here gave, there is no harlot in this place; for such sinners are the scandals and plagues of any place. Judah sits down content to lose his signet and his bracelets, and forbids his friend to make any further enquiry after them, giving this reason, lest we be shamed, Gen_38:23. Either, 1. Lest his sin should come to be known publicly, and be talked of. Fornication and uncleanness have ever been looked upon as scandalous things and the reproach and shame of those that are convicted of them. Nothing will make those blush that are not ashamed of these. 2. Lest he should be laughed at as a fool for trusting a strumpet with his signet and his bracelets. He expresses no concern about the sin, to get that pardoned, only about the shame, to prevent that. Note, There are many who are more solicitous to preserve their reputation with men than to secure the favour of God and a good conscience; lest we be shamed goes further with them than lest we be damned.
CREDIT: HENRY COMMENTARY
Re: Bible (im)morality by Knight1(m): 4:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
YOU SEE AGAIN THAT OUR GOD IS ONE OF MERCY AND FORGIVES THOSE WHO GENUINELY REPENT. HE IS AWARE THAT OUR HUMANITY CAUSES US TO BE FRAIL AND DO WRONG BUT WHEN WE TRULY DESPISE OUR SINS HE CLEANSES US AND MAKES US ABSOLUTELY WHOLE AGAIN.

YOUR REMAINING POINTS ARE SIMILAR SO I WILL GO THROUGH THEM TOGETHER.
FOR ABSALOM, AMMNON etc, they were doing bad and it is not in doubt, if you expect GOd to tell you sweet sweet stories, you are wrong. all these are given for us to learn from the mistakes of others and avoid them.

Finally,which is the best part of it all grin grin grin,David killed a loyal man, took his wife. very very baaaad! in man's eyes, such a one is beyond redemption no matter what he does. and that's how we know that God's ways are not our ways. something happened in that story, David truly repented and sought GOd and GOd blessed him.
a strong man is not one who has never fallen, he is one who can rise again after falling;

NEXT THREAD!!!! wink
Re: Bible (im)morality by LagosShia: 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
i am not interested in even wasting my time to reply you line by line especially after this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-736626.0.html#msg9679128

all i have to make you realize are the following points:

1.) Men of God who are praised and blessed by the same God are either engaging themselves or are engaged in immorality.
2.) these narrations found in the so called "word of God" (bible) which is believed to be "inspired" are inspiring and promoting lust and immorality.
3.) your "lord and saviour",Jesus,is reported to be from a lineage of adultery,pros.titution and in.cest as the action of Judah exhibits.
Re: Bible (im)morality by Knight1(m): 6:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
LagosShia:

i am not interested in even wasting my time to reply you line by line especially after this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-736626.0.html#msg9679128

all i have to make you realize are the following points:

1.) Men of God who are praised and blessed by the same God are either engaging themselves or are engaged in immorality.
2.) these narrations found in the so called "word of God" (bible) which is believed to be "inspired" are inspiring and promoting lust and immorality.
3.) your "lord and saviour",Jesus,is reported to be from a lineage of adultery,pros.titution and in.cest as the action of Judah exhibits.

lemme guess? if it were to be you, you'd bring him from the lineage of people who have never sinned right? grin
from the righteous clan and ancestry of LagosShia shey?
and how those stories make you lust and tend to immorality really amazes me. you may have to look inward to know the actual 'inspiration' of lust in you

PS. you may check that thread you posted and the others. your answer await you!
Re: Bible (im)morality by LagosShia: 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2011
Knight1:

lemme guess? if it were to be you, you'd bring him from the lineage of people who have never sinned right? grin
from the righteous clan and ancestry of LagosShia shey?
and how those stories make you lust and tend to immorality really amazes me. you may have to look inward to know the actual 'inspiration' of lust in you

PS. you may check that thread you posted and the others. your answer await you!

i do not engage into personal contests and confrontation.i need not to do that when i am armed with bible verses that can send shivers down your spine and shake the very essence of your so called christian faith.

i base my arguments on facts and particularly bible verses.

according to the same bible itself as illustrated by Paul,the usefulness of any scripture is based on four things:

1.) Teaching
2.) Condemnation
3.) Correction
4.) Righteousness

(2Timothy 3:16)

you can kindly enlighten us to which of the four categories do the Indecency.graphic verses fit and are useful.thanks.
Re: Bible (im)morality by Knight1(m): 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
LagosShia:

i do not engage into personal contests and confrontation.i need not to do that when i am armed with bible verses that can send shivers down your spine and shake the very essence of your so called christian faith. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i base my arguments on facts and particularly bible verses.

according to the same bible itself as illustrated by Paul,[s]the usefulness of any scripture is based on four things:[/s]

1.) Teaching
2.) Condemnation reprimand/reproof
3.) Correction
4.) Righteousness instruction in righteousness

(2Timothy 3:16)

you can kindly enlighten us to which of the four categories do the Indecency.graphic verses fit and are useful.thanks.

i'll paste that scripture in two bible translations KING JAMES VERSION kjv and CONTEMPORARY ENGLISH VERSION CEV
Everything in the Scriptures is God's Word. All of it is useful for teaching and helping people and for correcting them and showing them how to live. CEV
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: KJV

CLEARLY WE SEE THAT THE USEFULNESS OF SCRIPTURE IS NOT BASED ON FOUT THINGS. IN CASE YOU SKIPPED ELEMENTARY ENGLISH, LEMME HELP
IF I SAY THE ENTIRETY OF A CAR IS USEFUL FOR DRIVING, SITTING AND SLEEPING, DOES THAT MEAN THAT'S ALL THE CAR'S USEFUL FOR? CAN IT NOT CARRY LUGGAGE AND THE REST?

NOW TO YOUR ISSUES. YOU MAY NOTICE I NOTICED AND CANCELED YOUR POINT 2. I CHALLENGE YOU TO SHOW ME ANY BIBLE THAT TELLS YOU THAT IT IS FOR CONDEMNATION, DON'T BOTHER, YOU SIMPLY WONT FIND.

I WILL USE TWO STORIES TO ESTABLISH MY POINT
1. LOT AND HIS DAUGHTERS: it TEACHES me to raise my children properly; it REPROOFS me when i am directed by the lust of my eyes ( back up a lil on lot's story and you'll see how he landed in sodom in the first place) it CORRECTS me; it INSTRUCTS me in RIGHTEOUSNESS not to allow my self to become drunk/useless such as to do wrong and not be aware of it

2. ONAN: it TEACHES of God's plan to raise a wholesome community, whereby a man's name will not be erased and forgotten; it REPROOFS from wickedness, onan could have refused publicly but he didnt yet he didn't try to raise his brother's heir; I'm sure you see how it CORRECTS in the severity of the punishement GOd gives and INSTRUCTS me in RIGHTEOUSNESS, do not shy away from doing the right thing even if you dont benefit

FINALLY, HOW THESE NOW DRIVES YOU TO LUST SHOWS A LITTLE SOMETHING ABOUT THE WAY YOU THINK!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Bible (im)morality by LagosShia: 9:18pm On Dec 02, 2011
my dear friend "Knight1",people are not blind.you are denying the undeniable.i wont allow you waste my time in your effort to make futile explanations.if you are not convinced by plain verses of your bible talking to you,would it then be my words that will convince you? i think not! you are trying to sugarcoat poison and make it look edible for your consumption,because i wont eat what you are serving me.thanks!

the truth is not hard to see.i would only bring two more verses to your notice so we can laugh over them and see the na.ked truth for what it is.then tell me the use of the two verses.still in regards to your above post and the explanation you gave,there is no where you can justify that por.no.graphic narrations in the so called "inspired word of God" actually "reproofs" you of sin.For God's sake,after Daniel committed adultery,God did not punish him.he punished his baby and killed the child.that is injustice.is that the reproof you are taught?certainly the discrimination of right and wrong you have in your mind is not found in the bible.

let me show you what i hope you will not try to dribble us around:

BIBLE TEACHING TO GIVE THE FORESKIN OF UNCIRCUMCISED MEN AS BRIDE-PRICE grin grin grin grin

1 Samuel 18:25-27
Then Saul said,“Thus shall you say to David,‘The king desires no bride-price except a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, that he may be avenged of the king’s enemies.’” Now Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king’s son-in-law. Before the time had expired, David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines. And David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king’s son-in-law. And Saul gave him his daughter Michal for a wife.

BIBLE TEACHING ON HOW WHO.RES MAKE CHOICE OF HUSBAND  grin grin grin grin

Ezekiel 23:20
There she lusted after her lovers, whose pe.nises were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

(1) (Reply)

Get Married Or Die Trying! Funny Pix / The Hardest Questions For Christians / Nigerian Pastors In The UK And Money!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.