Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo (742 Views)

Odumakin: Money Generated By Lagos Not Reflecting In The Lives Of Lagosians / Here Is The First African Country To Build A Complete Stadium On Water (photo) / A Man With Kettle Washing Buhari's Poster With Water (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by ENGINEERG(m): 7:34am On Oct 24, 2022
Anytime some people say Lagos is working, I just look at them with pity cos they are not exposed to know the meaning of a working government.

The most Basic amenity is water.
And lagos area is made up of almost 25% of water, with a small total area of 1,171sq km.

But 80% of lagosians don't have access to public portable water.
With over 50 billion IGR, aside federal allocation and almost 800 billion debt, I think the lagos govt has failed in this direction.
No state is just working in Nigeria, let us stop deceiving ourselves.

https://www.environewsnigeria.com/over-80-of-lagosians-lack-access-to-public-water-supply-report/#:~:text=A%20new%20report%20has%20revealed,operation%20for%20over%20100%20years.

1 Like

Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by Bontafa: 7:37am On Oct 24, 2022
Island water dey give eczema
Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by Abfinest007(m): 7:40am On Oct 24, 2022
I built Lagos I built lagos but refuse to accept the blame for buhari's failure

1 Like

Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by ENGINEERG(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2022
Imagine the hundreds of millions people are spending to build on island and yet no access to portable water...
At this era, a reasonable government would have found solution, but we just want to be backward, and sadly poverty has destroyed so many brains in Nigeria
Bontafa:
Island water dey give eczema
Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 24, 2022
@Moh247 ihordspy FreeStuffsNG PandoraObi Leodeking Abdul05 Throwback Biodun556

Oya come and tell us how Tinubu built paradise called Lagos again. We are in the mood for a story. Tales by moonlight.
Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by PerfectStranger(m): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2022
Urchins left the group chat.
Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 24, 2022
ENGINEERG:
Anytime some people say Lagos is working, I just look at them with pity cos they are not exposed to know the meaning of a working government.

The most Basic amenity is water.
And lagos area is made up of almost 25% of water, with a small total area of 1,171sq km.

But 80% of lagosians don't have access to public portable water.
With over 50 billion IGR, aside federal allocation and almost 800 billion debt, I think the lagos govt has failed in this direction.
No state is just working in Nigeria, let us stop deceiving ourselves.

https://www.environewsnigeria.com/over-80-of-lagosians-lack-access-to-public-water-supply-report/#:~:text=A%20new%20report%20has%20revealed,operation%20for%20over%20100%20years.

Not as simple as you point out. Ancient infrastructure, not incrementally upgraded because of corruption and poor governance, will struggle with moderate population growth talk less of the explosion Lagos has witnessed over 20 years causing serious urban density affiliated challenges.

Truth is that huge rot had set in before Tinubu assumed office in 1999. Yet the problem is that the infrastructural deficit of Lagos is gigantic today and will cost a lot to address.

People flood into Lagos daily, as the most hopeful and opportuned State in Nigeria by far today, meaning the State today has to cope with a population now more than 100% of what she should optimally host. I.e 23 million instead of circa 9 million at most.

Besides, let's cut out the mischief any clever person can tell amount to half-truths to discredit Tinubu and Lagos.

The reality still remains that Less than 10% of Nigerians have access to pipe-borne water.

Lagos is the most populous and most burdened State in Nigeria. Yet she is the most unfairly criticised State also because the standards there is now so much higher than other States to the extent Nigerians expect it to be our Dubai.

Still , the factual and statistical reality is that Lagos still leads in almost everything.

Lagos has highest access to basic water supply in the entire Nigeria. There is no profit to be gained deliberately misinforming and deceiving people for personal agendas and gains. Too many are doing it in Nigeria and it is detrimental for us a nation.

It is the reason negative,detrimental and undesirable considerations, like tribalism , poor patriotism, disunity, corruption etc, have grown rather than reduced.

Those who take time to inform themselves pet the full picture of Lagos will know she deserves a lot of credit and praises.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/health/health-news/427323-less-than-10-of-nigerians-have-access-to-pipe-borne-water-report.html

At the state level, the survey found that there are notable differences. At 96 per cent, Lagos has the highest access to basic water supply services. Jigawa is second with 92 per cent while Imo is third at 90 per cent.
Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by XerXers: 8:12am On Oct 24, 2022
Enugu, despite sitting on a very high elevation with huge coal deposit underneath has public water only that it's not being complemented by private boreholes due to geography, yet, these people mock Enugu for water scarcity
Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 24, 2022
Reinaldo:
@Moh247 ihordspy FreeStuffsNG PandoraObi Leodeking Abdul05 Throwback Biodun556

Oya come and tell us how Tinubu built paradise called Lagos again. We are in the mood for a story. Tales by moonlight.

Educate yourself. Just because you hate Tinubu does not mean you should ignorantly expect Lagos, the most ridiculously populous and most burdened State in Nigeria, despite being smallest, should be Singapore or London while all around her are like war-torn zone.

Lagos, of all Nigerian States, still provides her citizens the highest access to basic water supply in Nigeria. Even above Abuja that the FG invested trillions in as a supposedly new and modern flagship capital. Let us criticise as if educated, intelligent and productive.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/health/health-news/427323-less-than-10-of-nigerians-have-access-to-pipe-borne-water-report.html

At the state level, the survey found that there are notable differences. At 96 per cent, Lagos has the highest access to basic water supply services. Jigawa is second with 92 per cent while Imo is third at 90 per cent.
Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by ENGINEERG(m): 8:18am On Oct 24, 2022
This is not about defending failures,
Let's us talk on fact and reality.

Tell me if lagos govermrnt is even laying pipes to connect most areas..tell me if lagos government has built water treating plants , tell me if lagos govt is building water Dams.
All the water system currently working in lagos was done before Tinubu became governor and godfather.
Now they make more money, but they can't do anything on this water, and you are here defending failures. That is population, people are going to lagos ...

candidtalk:

Not as simple as you point out. Ancient infrastructure, not incrementally upgraded because of corruption and poor governance, will struggle with moderate population growth talk less of the explosion Lagos has witnessed over 20 years causing serious urban density affiliated challenges.

Truth is that huge rot had set in before Tinubu assumed office in 1999. Yet the problem is that most infrastructural deficit of Lagos is huge and will cost a lot to address. People flood into Lagos daily meaning the State today has to cope with a population now more than 100% of what she should optimally host.

Besides, let's cut out the mischief any clever person can tell amount to half-truths to discredit Tinubu and Lagos.

The reality still remains that Less than 10% of Nigerians have access to pipe-borne water.

Lagos is the most populous and most burdened State in Nigeria. Yet she is the most unfairly criticised State also because the standards there is now so much higher than other States to the extent Nigerians expect it to be our Dubai.

Still , the factual and statistical reality is that Lagos still leads in almost everything.

Lagos has highest access to basic water supply in the entire Nigeria. There is no profit to be gained deliberately misinforming and deceiving people for personal agendas and gains. Too many are doing it in Nigeria and it is detrimental for us a nation.

It is the reason negative,detrimental and undesirable considerations, like tribalism , poor patriotism, disunity, corruption etc, have grown rather than reduced.

Those who take time to inform themselves pet the full picture of Lagos will know she deserves a lot of credit and praises.

Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by slimfit1(m): 8:33am On Oct 24, 2022
Ask Tinubu that has been the governor for 22years.
Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2022
ENGINEERG:
This is not about defending failures,
Let's us talk on fact and reality.

Tell me if lagos govermrnt is even laying pipes to connect most areas..tell me if lagos government has built water treating plants , tell me if lagos govt is building water Dams.
All the water system currently working in lagos was done before Tinubu became governor and godfather.
Now they make more money, but they can't do anything on this water, and you are here defending failures. That is population, people are going to lagos ...

Bro, if I show you the efforts of Lagos at improving access to pipe-borne water then I am sure you'd be pleasantly surprised because it remains exemplary in comparison to others same as I have just factually shown you that Lagos still provides the best access to basic water supply in Nigeria.

The problem is that no geographical space can experience what is gross population influx daily and weekly yet be expected to meet service and infrastructural challenges optimally. Simply not feasible.

Of course corruption exists in the administration of Lagos. It is our Nigerian reality no sensible Nigerian should deny. Yet Lagos has the highest statistical levels of infrastructural and service delivery outputs in Nigeria.

If those of us who are educated, and therefore meant to provide solutions on behalf of the millions of illiterate Nigerians, cannnot rise above tribal, sectional, religious and petty sentiments and biases then what hope for Nigeria?

Lagos is always exemplarily increasing spending and effort. That is why the State is still the best run and most productive in Nigeria today despite ongoing challenges.

Yet the State cannot defy very harmful and abnormally gross population influx that would have been checked anywhere else in the world, if only to protect indigenes, but for the self-desteuctive madness of 'one Nigeria'.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-un-nigeria-water-idUKKBN14B1V9

Reacting to the comments, Steve Ayorinde, Lagos state information commissioner, said the 2017 budget increased spending with the aim of addressing the two key issues of potable water and cleaner environment.

But he said the migration of people from other parts of Nigeria and neighbouring countries had put pressure on the city’s infrastructure.

“Private capital is required in the state government’s quest to provide more access to potable water,” he said, adding that Lagos state government was “determined to explore” public-private partnerships.

Lagos is the biggest city in Africa’s most populous nation.
Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by ENGINEERG(m): 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
Result is the main thing
candidtalk:

Bro, if I show you the efforts of Lagos at improving access to pipe-borne water then I am sure you'd be pleasantly surprised because it remains exemplary in comparison to others same as I have just factually shown you that Lagos still provides the best access to basic water supply in Nigeria.

The problem is that no geographical space can experience what is gross population influx daily and weekly yet be expected to meet service and infrastructural challenges optimally. Simply not feasible.

Of course corruption exists in the administration of Lagos. It is our Nigerian reality no sensible Nigerian should deny. Yet Lagos has the highest statistical levels of infrastructural and service delivery outputs in Nigeria.

If those of us who are educated, and therefore meant to provide solutions on behalf of the millions of illiterate Nigerians, cannnot rise above tribal, sectional, religious and petty sentiments and biases then what hope for Nigeria?

Lagos is always exemplarily increasing spending and effort. That is why the State is still the best run and most productive in Nigeria today despite ongoing challenges.

Yet the State cannot defy very harmful and abnormally gross population influx that would have been checked anywhere else in the world, if only to protect indigenes, but for the self-desteuctive madness of 'one Nigeria'.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-un-nigeria-water-idUKKBN14B1V9

Re: 25% Of Lagos Area Is Water,but 80% Of Lagosians Don't Have Access To Water(photo by Henadek(m): 12:48am On Oct 29, 2022
Reach out to us @ https://www.lagosislewatertreatment.com for your water treatment solutions. Why not try out our FREE WATER INSPECTION ��https://www.lagosislewatertreatment.com/contact-us/inspect-my-water/ for an inspection on the Island and Mainland, to give you recommendations on a lasting solution to your borehole and tap water.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Will Today Have A Meeting With US Top Officials Inside White Hous / Shocking Revelation About Nigeria By Hamza Al-mustapha / Breaking......obi Mauls Tinubu In Lagos [bantupage.com]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.