Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen (8934 Views)

Nigeria Needs A Youth Who Demonstrated Progress In Personal Capacity - Imumolen / Wike Would've Been PDP Presidential Candidate, His Friend Betrayed Him — Wamako / Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by Afamed: 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Bro relax, they’ll surely come at you with insults
We are used to their insults. We will focus on the votes and ignore their insults as usual

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by Greattha: 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
It's to just declare bankruptcy as it is rn.
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by Oziens: 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2022
utenwuson:
Everyone talking nonsense....
USA is oweing more money compare to all African countries combined, and they re still the world power, its bit about dept, no country is having it easy right now, in fact Nigeria is one of the cheapest country to live in, try study medicine in federal universities and havard, you will know you can't use times 300 of your tuition fee in ABU to pay one year fee over there, petrol is now 2.5 pounds per litre in UK, that's 1500,
Seriously or are you being mischievous
100% of Our IGR not enough to service our external now any longer. Those country you referred to in your post don't use up to 49% IGR for debt services. This is basic economic that a post primary educationist should know.

It's not the amount of debt you are owing that matter, it's your capacity based on your IGR to service the debt. Note: Not payment yet oo... but just servicing

Hope this simple analogies help..

God Bless Nigeria & Help Us to Vote Good Leaders (H.E. Peter Obi & Others) in 2023
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by missionmex(m): 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
Afamed:
What about America with over $31 Trillion debt? Perharp America would have been sold 31 trillion times
America to pay their debt which is in $ can easily print money and pay. That cannot be said of Nigeria as we have to get whatever currency before we can pay our debt. That my friend is the difference.
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by Afamed: 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2022
missionmex:
America to pay their debt which is in $ can easily print money and pay. That cannot be said of Nigeria as we have to get whatever currency before we can pay our debt. That my friend is the difference.

This is the kind of zombies talk you here from zombidients. Why did they not outright print the $ to solve their problem instead of borrowing?

So America will borrow in $ with interest, later they will still go ahead to print in $ to pay back the debt

This kind zom bident sef

Do not teach your younger ones dis kind nonsense
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by latolz: 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2022
Abeg make Tinubu buy am then sell am to Atiku then make PO invest grin
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by laiperi: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
missionmex:

You nailed it but they will always come up with senseless counter talk.

Americans spend their money in America and America owes more Americans than outsiders. Even if Chinese demand their money from America and the dollar falls, China will hold ordinary Zimbabwe papers.

America and other western countries are where Nigerian looters store their money. Even offshore like Panama and Pandora are kept in American dollars.

American debts generate contracts, tech and manufacturing in their country. Nigeria export American and European money they do not print at home.

One would think this is obvious to well meaning Nigerians but the children of those who abandoned billions in America and run home for fear of prison would always defend them.

Even worse, Nigeria export most valuable talents to work as slaves abroad and brag to those at home so that they can die as organ donors in desert and seas to cross over.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by DonroxyII: 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2022
NwaNimo1:
What fool would buy Nigeria?

[img]https://giffiles./216/216347.gif[/img]
You don't know anything, Nigeria has already been bought and She is a Cashcow to many Big Countries of the world ...

I would rather she is a Star Though atleast for Africa just like Brazil is Booming in South America ....

China is the latest to Be Buying Nigeria while British has Bought Nigeria since 1900s and Other Europeans as well as America(Northern):

Nigerian may not mean alot to You But She is alot to Who Knows Her Worth ...She is also alot to Me cheesy ...

She is The Only One Country Among All the Countries of the World I can Beat My Chest and call My Own Despite all the Odds and Ewwwwsss ..... !

God Bless and Heal Nigeria By Healing Her People and Her Leaders, Amen!
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by CheapHomes1: 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2022
Afamed:

How old is Us? How old is Nigeria?

Did you ask those questions before you said this:

"What about America with over $31 Trillion debt? Perharp America would have been sold 31 trillion times"

You haven't answered my questions.

Aren't you seeing what America is doing with it's debt? Can you show us how the lives of Nigerians have improved under buhari?

What has the age of US and nigeria got to do with what I asked you above?
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by kolaaderin: 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
Afro3:
If Nigeria Was A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Its Debt — Prof. Imumolen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DoaeHd3_Vo

The presidential candidate of Accord Party, Prof Chris Imumolen has said if Nigeria was a company, it would have been sold along with its entities to service the debts it's currently owing.

While decrying that over a hundred percent of the country's revenue is being used to service debts, the presidential candidate said the next president of the country will face the toughest job ever.

Addressing supporters in Abuja recently, Prof. Imumolen therefore note that the next president of the country should be someone who has the passion and value to rescue it.

"If Nigeria was to be a company, the option would have been to declare a bankruptcy or to sell the company and its entity to pay the whole debt" he said.

He therefore insists that the country's president in 2023 should not be elected on tribal or religious considerations but on capacity of individuals to rescue the country.

While offering himself as one that has what it takes to lead the country, Prof. Imumolen said he is passionate about the country and has brought value even before joining politics.

"When I say I have imparted so much on education, people doubt it. I don't think in the history of this country, there has been any man who has imparted in education as much as Prof. Chris.

"You can go and research it, you go and check it. You may not know about it because I have not been making too much noise about it, I have been doing it as a result of passion and value.

"There is no state in Nigeria — in Kaduna, in Kano, in Zamfara, in Yobe that I don't have students up to a thousand in my scholarship board" he said.

According to him, there is no state in Nigeria where about 5000 persons have not benefitted from his scholarship scheme, adding that it is not for politics but passion.

He insists that education is the stimulating tool to position Nigeria to compete internationally.

Prof. Imumolen therefore said time has come for the country to produce leaders that will add value, treat the people with so much respect and see every citizen as humans.

He said that is what he represents, urging for the support of all Nigerians to help him become the president in 2023.

Talk of ignorant, Nigeria is not even among top 20 debtors in Africa. They just want to talk to gain cheap point and stupid Zombies calling out the government for borrowing.
Nigeria is not even in top 50 countries of the world with bad debt to GDP ratio.
We have serious deadly issue at hand with numerous Nigeria youths who can not think and do a simple search to isolate truth from lies, all they know how to do best is to tiktok, have indiscriminate casual sex, drinks to stupor at the club, Gamble all day, invest in imaginary get rich quick fruad and finally of the latest join politics of the ZomObidiot to follow blindly without asking serious questions that will affect their lives in the future.

Below are the top 10 debtors to GDP ratio in Africa.

1. Eritrea: The national debt in this Horn of Africa country stands at 175.1% of the GDP.

2. Cabo Verde: This island nation has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 160.7%.

3. Mozambique: Mozambique has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 133.6%.

4. Angola: The Southern African country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 103.7%.

5. Mauritius: This island country’s gross debt stands at 101% of its GDP.

6. Zambia: Zambia’s gross national debt also stands at 101% of its GDP.

7. Republic of Congo: This country in Central Africa has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 85.4%.

8. Ghana: Ghana’s debt to GDP ratio currently stands at 83.5%.

9. The Gambia: In this country, the debt-to-GDP ratio is 82.3%.

10. Seychelles: This island country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 81.9%.

11. Guinea-Bissau: In this country, the debt-to-GDP ratio currently stands at 79.1%.

12. Rwanda: Rwanda’s debt-to-GDP is at 74.8%.

13. Burundi: The Eastern African country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 72.4%.

14. Gabon: In Gabon, the debt-to-GDP ratio is 72.1%.

15. Senegal: This Francophone West African country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 71.9%.

16. Sierra-Leone: The Anglophone West African country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 71.1%.

17. Namibia: This country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 69.9%.

18. Kenya: Kenya’s debt-to-GDP ratio is 69.7%.

19. South Africa: This country has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 68.8%.

20. South Sudan: South Sudan has a debt-to-GDP ratio of 64.4%.

https://africa.businessinsider.com/local/markets/20-countries-with-the-highest-debt-to-gdp-ratio-in-africa/8qdmrsq

world ranking below

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/countries-by-national-debt

Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by sunnnnyuu(m): 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2022
Afro3:
If Nigeria Was A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Its Debt — Prof. Imumolen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DoaeHd3_Vo

The presidential candidate of Accord Party, Prof Chris Imumolen has said if Nigeria was a company, it would have been sold along with its entities to service the debts it's currently owing.

While decrying that over a hundred percent of the country's revenue is being used to service debts, the presidential candidate said the next president of the country will face the toughest job ever.

Addressing supporters in Abuja recently, Prof. Imumolen therefore note that the next president of the country should be someone who has the passion and value to rescue it.

"If Nigeria was to be a company, the option would have been to declare a bankruptcy or to sell the company and its entity to pay the whole debt" he said.

He therefore insists that the country's president in 2023 should not be elected on tribal or religious considerations but on capacity of individuals to rescue the country.

While offering himself as one that has what it takes to lead the country, Prof. Imumolen said he is passionate about the country and has brought value even before joining politics.

"When I say I have imparted so much on education, people doubt it. I don't think in the history of this country, there has been any man who has imparted in education as much as Prof. Chris.

"You can go and research it, you go and check it. You may not know about it because I have not been making too much noise about it, I have been doing it as a result of passion and value.

"There is no state in Nigeria — in Kaduna, in Kano, in Zamfara, in Yobe that I don't have students up to a thousand in my scholarship board" he said.

According to him, there is no state in Nigeria where about 5000 persons have not benefitted from his scholarship scheme, adding that it is not for politics but passion.

He insists that education is the stimulating tool to position Nigeria to compete internationally.

Prof. Imumolen therefore said time has come for the country to produce leaders that will add value, treat the people with so much respect and see every citizen as humans.

He said that is what he represents, urging for the support of all Nigerians to help him become the president in 2023.
Yes Sir my president, if Nigerian youth get sense this is the right MAN for the right job at a right time, my vote belong to you Pro.
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by kolaaderin: 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2022
Nigeria has a pretty low debt to GDP ratio, We can pay up our debt in Just a year if need be. We are not in bad standing of debt.
But Zomobidiots will surely masturbate on every silly talk of zero substances.

Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by Tfx1: 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by onuman: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2022
Crude oil and gas deposits in the Niger Delta are what every Nigerian hopes on for salvage code. When Buhari APC was borrowing more than 10 years income from oil and gas deposits, nobody bothered to raise alarm.
Tinubu said borrowing is not bad. It is like he will borrow more if he is made president of Nigeria in 2023.
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by MoneyMustBMade(m): 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
Afamed:

If truly you have checked the GDP to population, you would not still have not come here to expose your ignorance

Go the image first is America
Second is Nigeria

Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by boma10: 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
Afamed:
What about America with over $31 Trillion debt? Perharp America would have been sold 31 trillion times
if the gr8 american owe then why are people talking,jst dat we shuld pray dat they use the borrowed money well...BAT all the way
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by LZAA: 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Those defending Buhari's chronic borrowing keep telling us that USA and co also borrow. Have you checked how much they spent on debt servicing?

6.8 trillion dollars was USA budget for 2021. USA spent 300 billion dollars on debt servicing. That means they spent 4.4% of national budget to service debt.

Nigeria will spend about 21% of the national budget to service debt in 2022.

A poor country spending 21% to service debt VS a rich country spending 4.4% to service debt.
Afamed just wants agbado and BMC tales grin
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by adeoye63o: 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
PROFESSOR WEY NO SABI PROFESSOR WEY NO SABI...
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by ayinba1(f): 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lifestone:
Nope he's wrong. If Nigeria is a company, the shareholder will hire a competent Chief Executive who is capable of bringing out the best from her huge assets and human resources. They will hire the Chief Executive not based on tribal or religion sentiment but purely on merit.
This is the challenge before Nigeria as we go to the poll in 2023 to hire a new Chief executive

He is obviously disqualified since he sees no potential in Nigeria. Also disqualified is anyone saying “Nigeria is a failed country “ or “a zoo”.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by nedekid: 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
Afamed:
Oga, don't compare US to Nigeria or those other countries to Nigeria.
Go and check their lifestyle despite their debt, then compare to us.
Earlier today on the thread about cost of bag of rice, one guy was justifying the difficulty in Nigeria to those in the UK and US, claiming those countries are facing inflation etc. See eh, it was as if I should slap the guy! I wanted to snap a picture and post in rely to him, but the person drove off. Just in front of me where I was seated, if you see the latest model golf gti, with 4 silencer a young British boy entered and drove off in? I weak!
Young people are working and living life, even with their little earning, drive latest Mercedes, BMW etc, they can go to school, get modgages and buying houses etc, meanwhile we, the goverment has turned into a poor men in every sense in naija , will come here and find excuses for same gov saying other countries are suffering or in debt.
No be juju be that?
That same America that has debt, go on YouTube and see how young folks are using dodge chargers, trackhawks and other v8s to burn rubber up and down.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by missionmex(m): 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
Afamed:

This is the kind of zombies talk you here from zombidients. Why did they not outright print the $ to solve their problem instead of borrowing?

So America will borrow in $ with interest, later they will still go ahead to print in $ to pay back the debt

This kind zom bident sef

Do not teach your younger ones dis kind nonsense
Ok sir.
Though I speak from a vantage point.
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by Lifestone(m): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2022
ayinba1:

He is obviously disqualified since he sees no potential in Nigeria. Also disqualified is anyone saying “Nigeria is a failed country “ or “a zoo”.
I absolutely agree with you

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by Shikini: 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
True talk
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by Goodcitizen1: 12:33am On Oct 25, 2022
[quote author=Afamed post=117838506]What about America with over $31 Trillion debt? Perharp America would have been sold 31 trillion times[/quo

lol! American don’t have debt. Other countries buy their security note and bonds, which most ignorant people called debt. They set their debt limit. They are the top economy in the world. More Production rather that consumption . Please google is your friend!
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by wowcatty: 3:10am On Oct 25, 2022
Nigeria is actually a store purchase with a receipt under a return policy waranty, so it can be returned but greed is the only problem that is keeping Nigerians from doing what is right. Nigerians just love to complain without putting the work in to solve the problem.
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by orisa37: 3:44am On Oct 25, 2022
That was the plot of OBAMA KERRY MESSAGE to SOKOTO INSTEAD OF ABUJA IN 2014.
NIGERIA WAS PLOTTED TO BE AUCTIONED TO OIC AND SAUDI ARABIA.
FULANI HERDSMEN ARE TERRORISTS AND BUHARI IS BEHIND THEM-BY CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR-CNN.
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by obotematics: 6:47am On Oct 25, 2022
This one that cannot even win local government councillor.
Oga Nigeria is a great country and cannot be sold.
God bless Nigeria
Re: If Nigeria Were A Business Entity, It Would've Been Sold To Pay Debt - Imumolen by mechanics(m): 8:31am On Oct 25, 2022
This Prof has just finished us o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu Serves Eviction Notice On Blind Man Despite Failing To Pay Gratuity / Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership / US Armed Forces Nasty Surprise For The Russian Navy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.