Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Android Livestream & Modern Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Android Livestream & Modern Development (1655 Views)

The Role Of Chatbots In Modern Development: A Future Technology Vector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Livestream & Modern Development by qtguru(m): 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by qtguru(m): 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
safe to say at this point, Kotlin is the default way to go for Android development.

1 Like

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by MadarasBlade(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
qtguru:
safe to say at this point, Kotlin is the default way to go for Android development.

I have beem writing to you for a long time, please reply.

Only need an advice.
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by qtguru(m): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
MadarasBlade:

Only need an advice.

I replied hi and you never responded
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by MadarasBlade(m): 7:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
qtguru:

I replied hi and you never responded

About programming, i just need a precise learning path bro.

Web dev.

So as not to waste time learning things that aren't important.
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by qtguru(m): 7:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
MadarasBlade:

About programming, i just need a precise learning path bro.

Web dev.

So as not to waste time learning things that aren't important.

hit me personally, I get what you mean, I replied to you from my yandex

1 Like

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by Alphabyte(m): 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
qtguru:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awi4J5-tbW4

Google is focusing more on jetpack compose more than flutter in the summit
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by Sheriman(m): 7:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
MadarasBlade:

Only need an advice.
I can help you if you wish to seek for help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by Sheriman(m): 7:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
Alphabyte:

I think they have one for flutter too
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by qtguru(m): 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2022
Alphabyte:

yeah even over Java too
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by Alphabyte(m): 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
qtguru:

yeah even over Java too

I love the new features in android studio but it will make it eat up space in RAM
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by qtguru(m): 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2022
Alphabyte:

I love the new features in android studio but it will make it eat up space in RAM

The feature that blew my mind is the DrawScope and rendering of Shader for Components.
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by Mimisboygreat: 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2022
qtguru:
Greetings bro. Pls can i mail you? Need to discuss something with you please?
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by qtguru(m): 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
Mimisboygreat:
Greetings bro. Pls can i mail you? Need to discuss something with you please?

Sure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by Realbuzzing(m): 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
qtguru:

hit me personally, I get what you mean, I replied to you from my yandex

How can we talk personally
Should I use your mail?
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by Alphabyte(m): 9:27pm On Oct 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by Alphabyte(m): 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
One good thing is if you are good with glide , Retrofit,Room, coil x Kotlin ,coroutines ,MVVM, Firestore ,Dagger in Kotlin you will find it easier in creating apps using compose in kt same logic .

The UI components is easy to create you copy them from material doc , paste and edit them in android no need to store the whole UI components in your brain .

https://developer.android.com/jetpack/compose/layouts/material

1 Like

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by BRATISLAVA: 8:19am On Oct 25, 2022
qtguru:

It is the "only" way. Reason I disagreed with your previous post on needing Java.

Surprised at the interest in mobile development. At least, the tags to these things are surprising.

Guess the ADS was captivating.
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by qtguru(m): 9:19am On Oct 25, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

It is the "only" way. Reason I disagreed with your previous post on needing Java.

Surprised at the interest in mobile development. At least, the tags to these things are surprising.

Guess the ADS was captivating.

Money that's why. Also, I have some projects in mind for Shopify too and Moodle. Mobile Dev is money, but it's a lot of code and engineering, which I don't mind. What I like about this is that I can reuse my Java Knowledge and still be able into Kotlin and both will compile. Easier said than done.

The likes of Sheriman and AlphaByte will motivate me, or I can hire interns to build the projects. but Mobile dev is lucrative today.
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by BRATISLAVA: 10:52am On Oct 25, 2022
qtguru:

Money that's why. Also, I have some projects in mind for Shopify too and Moodle. Mobile Dev is money, but it's a lot of code and engineering, which I don't mind. What I like about this is that I can reuse my Java Knowledge and still be able into Kotlin and both will compile. Easier said than done.

The likes of Sheriman and AlphaByte will motivate me, or I can hire interns to build the projects. but Mobile dev is lucrative today.

Switching to Kotlin should be bearable for someone familiar with Java—you. As for mobile being a lot of code, I humbly disagree and agree. I'll agree with the engineering though.

I thought mobile development was dead here... At least, going by the posts. But, if you keep up your top 10 fluttering in it, number of posts/interest will be bound to increase.

And then I'll begin to sound like tasty KFC guy.

1 Like

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by Alphabyte(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2022
Meta is migrating its Android codebase from #Java to #Kotlin. Currently, their Android codebase contains over 10 million lines of Kotlin code.
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by Alphabyte(m): 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2022
One good thing about compose the models views and controllers are in Kotlin no XML the codebase is reusable and the logic interact with the UI components.
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by EbenG(m): 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2022
I just started learning about compose and it's just too awesome and beautiful. I remember the boilerplate code we usually write using recyclerview, adapter and view holder to display a list. This is now a breeze with LazyColumn composable with just 3-5 lines of code. This is just one out of many awesome stuff it has.
When building your UI with compose, you're mostly thinking of rows and columns.
I believe it's still growing and needs more improvement. Plus, google is fully supporting it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by tosinhtml: 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
EbenG:
I just started learning about compose and it's just too awesome and beautiful. I remember the boilerplate code we usually write using recyclerview, adapter and view holder to display a list. This is now a breeze with LazyColumn composable with just 3-5 lines of code. This is just one out of many awesome stuff it has.
When building your UI with compose, you're mostly thinking of rows and columns.
I believe it's still growing and needs more improvement. Plus, google is fully supporting it

Have you built a fully fledged UI designed production app yet with Compose though? I don't mean to sound like a kill-joy but less code doesn't always mean it's better. For you to know the full power of a toolkit, you need to build a full fledged application & deploy it to production. If you're implementing MVVM or MVI with clean architecture, you're going to be writing a lot of boilerplate code on Android anyway, so that one is normal.

I would have more positive feedback when i have explored it to a large extent. I need to find all the Sweet spots myself. Another issue is stability, you have to stay on a specific Compose version and remain on it else each time you update, you might start getting compile time errors because things change really quick.

1 Like

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by EbenG(m): 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2022
tosinhtml:

Have you built a fully fledged UI designed production app yet with Compose though? I don't mean to sound like a kill-joy but less code doesn't always mean it's better. For you to know the full power of a toolkit, you need to build a full fledged application & deploy it to production. If you're implementing MVVM or MVI with clean architecture, you're going to be writing a lot of boilerplate code on Android anyway, so that one is normal.

I would have more positive feedback when i have explored it to a large extent. I need to find all the Sweet spots myself. Another issue is stability, you have to stay on a specific Compose version and remain on it else each time you update, you might start getting compile time errors because things change really quick.

Oh Okay,
I haven't really built a fully-fledged UI-designed production-ready app yet. But, I have seen and read the opinion of other senior developers who have tried it; Compose is stable and production ready. Companies have started adopting it in their products screen by screen, component by component.

I'll assume you talk this way probably because you haven't tried other Mobile UI frameworks like Flutter, Swift UI, and React. The focus and benefits of Compose aren't really about writing less code but of course, it's one of the benefits. The thing is the shift in paradigm from an Inheritance style which the classic XML is designed with to a declarative approach. In the classic XML, we have a View class(which represents a rectangular area on the screen and is responsible for drawing and event handling). The TextView class is a subclass of the View class, which means that TextView inherits all the properties and functionality from the View class, plus adds specific logic for displaying text to the user. The exact hierarchy goes with a Button and an EditText and other ViewGroups. It goes down like a tree structure. Of course, it helps everyone reuse the ability for example for an EditText to have the ability to display stuff. The drawback is that we are limited to building complex UIs. With Compose, we can reuse Composables very easily and it's very intuitive. You can do lots of customization and behavior for your UI very easily. The point about Compose is simply about Composition in object-oriented programming(OOP). You can read more about it.

Like, this style of designing UI is overdue in Native Android. Flutter, Swift UI, and React are already doing well with this approach to building UI.
The only thing I love well about building UI with XML is the WYSIWYG editor which is great. I think it's suitable and helpful for beginners.
That said, you can still use Compose and XML together In your project.

Check this out: Thinking in Compose https://developer.android.com/jetpack/compose/mental-model

1 Like

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by tosinhtml: 12:35am On Oct 31, 2022
EbenG:

Oh Okay,
I haven't really built a fully-fledged UI-designed production-ready app yet. But, I have seen and read the opinion of other senior developers who have tried it; Compose is stable and production ready. Companies have started adopting it in their products screen by screen, component by component.

I'll assume you talk this way probably because you haven't tried other Mobile UI frameworks like Flutter, Swift UI, and React. The focus and benefits of Compose aren't really about writing less code but of course, it's one of the benefits. The thing is the shift in paradigm from an Inheritance style which the classic XML is designed with to a declarative approach. In the classic XML, we have a View class(which represents a rectangular area on the screen and is responsible for drawing and event handling). The TextView class is a subclass of the View class, which means that TextView inherits all the properties and functionality from the View class, plus adds specific logic for displaying text to the user. The exact hierarchy goes with a Button and an EditText and other ViewGroups. It goes down like a tree structure. Of course, it helps everyone reuse the ability for example for an EditText to have the ability to display stuff. The drawback is that we are limited to building complex UIs. With Compose, we can reuse Composables very easily and it's very intuitive. You can do lots of customization and behavior for your UI very easily. The point about Compose is simply about Composition in object-oriented programming(OOP). You can read more about it.

Like, this style of designing UI is overdue in Native Android. Flutter, Swift UI, and React are already doing well with this approach to building UI.
The only thing I love well about building UI with XML is the WYSIWYG editor which is great. I think it's suitable and helpful for beginners.
That said, you can still use Compose and XML together In your project.

Check this out: Thinking in Compose https://developer.android.com/jetpack/compose/mental-model

I know everything you're talking about regarding declarative approach & Android devs will have no choice in the future but to adopt Compose because that is direction Mobile Engineering is going in general, but Compose specifically being stable and production ready is what I am not quite sure of. I know some few companies using it in production and they are still having to deal with some issues as early adopters.

For example, I used Kotlin Multiplatform from Jetbrains personally and also use it in my company, therefore I can suggest the best usecase for it when asked to recommend, not just because company X or person Y says it's awesome, because they always hype everything, same way they were hyping out React Native but when you actually implement it for big projects, you'd find that the performance was problematic. We wanted to also use Compose earlier this year in my company and after going through the drawbacks, we decided it was not yet time.

My point is, it needs a lot of improvement. It is not yet as awesome as Google engineers make it seem. At least not yet.

If you really want to get proper feedback of Developers regarding a tool, ask on @AndroidDevs Reddit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by EbenG(m): 3:15am On Oct 31, 2022
tosinhtml:

I know everything you're talking about regarding declarative approach & Android devs will have no choice in the future but to adopt Compose because that is direction Mobile Engineering is going in general, but Compose specifically being stable and production ready is what I am not quite sure of. I know some few companies using it in production and they are still having to deal with some issues as early adopters.

For example, I used Kotlin Multiplatform from Jetbrains personally and also use it in my company, therefore I can suggest the best usecase for it when asked to recommend, not just because company X or person Y says it's awesome, because they always hype everything, same way they were hyping out React Native but when you actually implement it for big projects, you'd find that the performance was problematic. We wanted to also use Compose earlier this year in my company and after going through the drawbacks, we decided it was not yet time.

My point is, it needs a lot of improvement. It is not yet as awesome as Google engineers make it seem. At least not yet.

If you really want to get proper feedback of Developers regarding a tool, ask on @AndroidDevs Reddit.

Yes, I get your point. It's true. "It needs a lot of improvement".

Let's connect. If you don't mind if I send a dm
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by tosinhtml: 11:56am On Oct 31, 2022
EbenG:

Yes, I get your point. It's true. "It needs a lot of improvement".

Let's connect. If you don't mind if I send a dm

Sure, I sent you a DM.
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by EbenG(m): 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
tosinhtml:

Sure, I sent you a DM.
Thanks. Replied
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by Sheriman(m): 12:10pm On Nov 01, 2022
Kotlin is the new son of Google for Android development and it is ready to stay and evolving for years

2 Likes

Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by Solanaa: 1:54pm On Mar 04, 2023
qtguru:

Boss, I really need help. I have a good PC and internet connection but I just don't know what's wrong. I'm unable to learn something.

I will consider myself good with computers (If I can put much interest I solely believe I'll be very good at it) but I just cant seem to learn a tech skill and I really need to because I believe my future is something related to that.

First I started with HTML and CSS and then to JS but slowly I was getting uninterested, (The goal was blockchain development though.)

Although I'm still an undergraduate managing school with trying to learn this tech skills but
Now I wish to start afresh I was thinking of going straight to python then maybe if I become good with it then dive into cyber security or any field related to that. What do you think Sir? word of advice, criticism or anything will be appreciated based on your level of experience.

Thanks in anticipation Sir
Re: Android Livestream & Modern Development by cybersecurityne: 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2023
The Cyber Express is a cyber security news media company that focuses on providing the latest news and information about various topics in the field of cybersecurity. With an emphasis on breaking news and real-time updates, they aim to keep the public informed about the latest developments in cybersecurity. The topics they cover a range from the latest cyber-attacks and data breaches to the use of ransomware and hacking tools, as well as information about the latest cybersecurity tools and technologies. By providing in-depth coverage of the cybersecurity industry, The Cyber Express serves as a valuable resource for individuals and organizations interested in staying informed about the latest threats and trends in the world of cybersecurity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"extended Mapi" Challenge For C++ Gurus / Nigerian Youth Software Developers / I Want To Start A Career In Programming Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.