Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,626 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Under The Mask - Feather's Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Under The Mask - Feather's Stories (279 Views)

Under The Mask - Feather's Stories / Under The Mask - Feather's Stories / Behind The Mask - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Under The Mask - Feather's Stories by Samuelcyprial(m): 8:30am On Oct 25, 2022
UNDER THE MASK

{Academy of the supernatural}

EPISODE 1

Mercury’s sword is already with her so she walked gallantly to the middle of the ground

Depp pointed his hand forward and his sword appeared on his palm

He marched to the ground just in front of Mercury with a smirk on his face

They both removed their swords from the sheaths at the same time, revealing sharp shinning blades

“The swords fight between Mercury Levine and Depp Ceaser will start now” one of the teachers announced

Mercury and Depp advanced towards each other with strong moves and their swords started clashing against each other in the hot fight

Mercury has the upper hand at first and successfully gave Depp a cut on his shoulder, it bled profusely but Depp never bothered, he continued clashing with her

His sword started taking the lead and Mercury’s sword mistakenly fell from her

Without giving her the chance to pick it up, he stabbed her in the chest and blood gushed out of her mouth as she fell on her knees, holding the stabbed chest that’s now bleeding a lot, staining her white blouse

“I knew it” Venus said slowly

“You guys always want the hardest way, and when it comes to that, I’m a pro, gathering dispersed” Dean Asher said and stood, leaving the place with the other masters

Other students left too while Venus rushed to Mercury who’s still on her knees, vomiting blood and bleeding

“Let’s get you treated” she said worriedly

“I can treat myself” Mercury replied bluntly and stood

“Don’t be stubborn, you’ll bleed till death at this rate” Rainbow said

” As if I can die” Mercury scowled before staggering away, toppling on her toes till she’s out of sight

“You shouldn’t have stabbed her like that” Damon said when he entered Depp’s room

They all have their different rooms, no one is sharing a room with anyone, privacy matters

“Out of my room, I’m not ready to listen to the nonsense you’ll start spewing” Depp smirked, applying medicine on the wound on his shoulder

“I’m just saying…

” Damon stop trying to heap blames on me again when it’s obviously her fault!, Mercury is at fault and you all know that’s what she always does, coming to my room to look for my trouble, so stop now” Depp replied, standing up

” But you know that’s how she is, that’s her character, she can’t help it so….

Damon hasn’t finished when Depp went closer to him with super speed, he tried to grab him but he vanished.

“Why didn’t you wait” Depp gritted angrily

“Your bitterness won’t help” Damon said from the doorstep, Depp can hear his footsteps as he walked away

“I hate him!” He spat

Reed’s mansion

“What are you trying to do? ” Mrs Reed questioned when Kaitlyn made to sit on the dinning chair

“Sit and eat” she replied slowly

“Eat where?, How many times will I tell you that you’re not allowed to sit with us? ” Mr Reed said

Kaitlyn went mute and just stared on hurtfully

” Get up and buzz off!” Lorraine ranted

She quickly stood, leaving her food on the dinning table, she ran upstairs hurriedly, her tears are already threatening to fall but she held it back

“The whole world hates me, even my own family” she thought silently

” What did I do to deserve this!” She cried and hit her hand on her door frustratedly, instantly her door cracked and almost broke into two

She covered her mouth with her palm and stepped back

“Again” she muttered, looking at her palm

Only God knows what she’ll say when her parents see it

“I should cover it with a curtain” she thought and got one from the locker, she’s not tall as the door so it’ll be hard to hang it but..

“Maybe my weird powers will make that possible” she thought and looked at the curtain with her, then she looked at the door and immediately, the curtain hanged on the door.

“Gosh!, Is there anything I can’t do?, I hate myself” she thought

She walked to her window and slid part of the curtain to one side, she stared out of the window and her eyes caught the moon sitting on the sky

Her heart skipped beats cos she wasn’t expecting the moon to come out tonight but here it is

She looked up again and it’s just becoming full, maybe three minutes from now

She quickly left the window side and the moonlight shone into her room brightly, it became brighter immediately it became full

The sword mark on the back of her neck shined brightly and lightened up all her room, it’s brightness overcame the moonlight and it radiated in every corner of her room

She fell on her knees and closed her eyes, sweating profusely already and then, her pains started

Her neck hurts a lot and she held it tight, trying not to cry out loud

She cried silently so she won’t draw the attention of her parents and sister but the silent cry is the hardest thing she has ever done, her neck is acting like it’ll leave her body soon

Then blood started coming out of her eyes as tears

“I’m dying” she said in a muffled voice, still holding onto her neck

It continued for almost ten minutes and she almost died, she cried much blood from her eyes and the spot she’s kneeling at is now full of blood droplets

The moonlight left her room and her mark stopped shinning, she breathed heavily as she sat on the ground, she then started real tears though she never let it fall on the floor so it won’t break the tile and make flowers sprout

“My life is screwed up!” She lamented

Changmin smiled widely at the beauty of life, to him, life is the most beautiful thing he has ever seen and Korea is the most beautiful place to be

He stopped the car when he got to a river and came out, he walked to the bridge of the river and stared at it deeply, his magical eyes can see the bottom of the river and he can see fishes swimming around happily

“Even fishes are happy” he thought..

“Help me!, Help me!!” A woman’s voice said from afar

His ears caught the voice and the need for held is obvious in the voice

He vanished instantly and landed in the middle of a field where two guys are trying to take a woman’s purse

“Silehamnida ( excuse me )” he said slowly and they turned their attention to him

“Are you trying to interfere?, Go away” one of the guys said

” Save me, they’re trying to rob me” the woman said

“Leave, I mean you guys” Changmin said calmly

“Who are you to order us around?” The second one said, coming towards him while the first one held the woman intact

“Don’t come closer if you still wanna eat all your life” Changmin said

” As if you’re a demigod or something” the guy smirked and kept advancing towards him but few steps before he’ll get to him, Changmin used his inner powers and Immediately, all the front teeth of the guy fell off

“What have you done to me!” He shivered, you’ll think his mouth is a open door right now

“Just what you deserve” Changmin replied

The second one that’s holding the woman left her and ran off after seeing what happened to his partner

“So, should I cripple you too?” Changmin said carefully and the toothless fellow ran off too

“Thanks a bunch, thanks, but who are you?” The woman asked curiously

” Changmin, Min for short” he replied

“I mean your real identity, a demon?, Ghost or…

” You don’t need to know Ahjumma (Ma)” he smiled

“Thanks once again, I should be in a meeting right now, I hope we meet again” she said and rushed away

Changmin saw a flyer on the ground and picked it

“Must be from her but she’s gone” he thought as he checked it out

” AOS?, Academy of the supernatural is taking in students” he read

” Whoa!, Never knew there’s a school for my kind, is there a number to call?” He said happily and checked it again and luckily there’s a number to call

“Yes!” He gushed happily.

Mercury practiced swordfight from the evening till the late hours of night on the practice ground

Don’t be surprised, they have powerful bodies so even with the hurting wound, she can practice with less pains

She stopped to take a breath for a while, thinking about how Depp stabbed her earlier

That gave her strength again and she resumed practicing with much anger

Venus watched her from the hallway and sighed

“She’s just… different” she thought

She has persuaded her severally to come in and sleep but Mercury is too stubborn.

Venus watched her one more time before leaving.

Depp looked around as he walked deeper into the woods surrounding the academy, he’s actually going in there to see someone

He got to a spot and stood, he looked around again before concentrating

“Cyclops you can come out” he said and almost immediately, a demon came out of a tree, a one eyed demon that’s gallant like a giant

“So what did you find?” Depp asked

“Nothing, Damon has no weakness” Cyclops replied

“Shit!, How can someone be without any weakness, I must get that if I want to neutralize his powers, the fact that he’s more powerful is making him misbehave” Depp grunted

” He might not have one now but he’ll have one soon” Cyclops said

” But I don’t want to wait, I don’t care if we’re brothers, I want to know Damon’s weakness and bring him down!” Depp ranted

” I know of your jealousy, I know you’re jealous that he has more powers, but just be patient, you might get what you want soon” Cyclops said and vanished

” Hard!” Depp ranted

” So you’re looking for Damon’s weak point” Mercury’s voice said behind him

He looked back at her and smirked before trying to walk away

“I’ll make your life hellish in this academy, just be prepared” Mercury said

He looked back at her

” Says a girl who got stabbed by me earlier, just shut up” he said and walked away

” Brag all you want, I think I need to enter the room of demons and get all I want” Mercury thought.

Evening**

It’s dinner time in the academy, they eat dinner together in a large hall and anyone is free to share a table with his or her friends

Venus is sitting with Rainbow

Damon sat with Eden

Mercury sat alone while Depp sat alone too in the midst of the other students

Athena the maid just finished serving the meal

“Enjoy” she bowed politely and her eyes met with Damon who winked at her

She waved at him before leaving the hall, they’re close friends though

Rainbow kept stealing glances at Eden from her table and Venus can’t help but notice

“You like Eden?” She asked

“No, why would I like him” Rainbow denied

” Rain, no one says love is an abomination in this academy so feel free to tell me if you’re crushing” Venus said

” I’m not crushing on him!” Rainbow said loudly, banging her hand on the table and attracting the attention of others.

They turned their attention to her and she scowled

“Stop staring!’ she ranted

” That Color girl” Mercury thought from her seat, glaring hatefully at Depp who kept eating slowly

“Depp and Mercury, those two are the only problem we have in this academy” Eden said, plopping cherries into his mouth

” I know right?” Damon said and swiftly saw a shadow on the wall

“A demon is here” he said

Eden stood instantly and Damon did the same

The others understood immediately and stood swiftly

*He’s holding someone captive in the shadow I’m looking at” Damon said

He has profound observation so he’s the only one who can see the shadow demon

“Just make him visible and let’s see him” Depp said from his angle

They all stood in the right formation and Damon recited some lines, a blue bulb-like thing sat on his hand immediately

He threw it at the shadow and the demon became visible

Serpentine, one of the most dangerous demons still living, he has a fearful look….he has a human body but the head of an ugly snake

And the person he’s holding captive is none other than Athena, the maid

He’s holding her neck so tight and she’s already gasping for breath

Serpentine has a wide devilish smile on his face

“Athena!” Damon called fearfully and made to step forward but just a wave from the demon’s hand, he flew to a table and landed heavily on it, hurting his elbow.

CLICK ON BELOW LINK TO READ COMPLETE STORY

https://feathersstories.com.ng/feathers-stories/under-the-mask/

(1) (Reply)

Black Warm Heart – Episode 1 On Zeedaxz / Do You Think This Is The Actual Story Of How We Came To Be? / Bring Your Story To Life With Professional Ghost Writing Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.