Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,342 members, 7,836,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister (21274 Views)

U.K PM, Rishi Sunak Lands In Israel / King Charles Appoints Rishi Sunak As UK’s Prime Minister / Rishi Sunak: 18 Things To Know About Incoming UK Prime Minister (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by saysugar(m): 8:47am On Oct 26, 2022
I swear that’s what we need, a non tribe in naija, a person that is not coming to revenge
STEWpid:
Chai..

So this guy will now be signing billions of GBP.

Big man.

I wish we can elect an outsider like this in Nigeria even if the name will be Jell Bowen or Catapultina Rose.

A person or people with proven records of quality delivery, instead of all those fraudsters and black butts that are contesting for president.

Go check out. Our fraudsters and black butts are among the investors that make those foreign countries so great through their saved loots and investments abroad.

1 Like

Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by Etiyeokwe: 8:53am On Oct 26, 2022
post=117875775:
Welcome on board Sunak.
May your reign bring peace to the world.

Rishi Sunak was Born in Southampton on May 12, 1980.
He is 42 years old so this makes him Britain's Youngest Prime Minister.
Sunak and his wife are the 222nd richest people in Britain with a combined fortune of £730m as of 2022.

Naija youths, take note of the above!
God bless y'all.
We Rise.

Wow!
42 year old grown man with brown hair all ova him blokos dey complain of him mama food for her house?!
Simply Wow!

And you are supporting a man of 70+ to be your president.
Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by RALPHOW(m): 9:00am On Oct 26, 2022
Ad an ex chancellor (UK Minister of Finance) I believed the guy has something upstairs.
Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by dappydozzy(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2022
STEWpid:
Chai..

So this guy will now be signing billions of GBP.

Big man.

I wish we can elect an outsider like this in Nigeria even if the name will be Jell Bowen or Catapultina Rose.

He has being in charge of billions of GBP.

A person or people with proven records of quality delivery, instead of all those fraudsters and black butts that are contesting for president.

Go check out. Our fraudsters and black butts are among the investors that make those foreign countries so great through their saved loots and investments abroad.

He has being in charge of billions of GBP, right from the onset. He is the former Chancellor of the Exchequer (UK's Minister of Finance).He is also pro crypto, the UK has voted in favour that Bitcoin and other crypto be traded as regulated financial instruments. The entire crypto has gone bullish since yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by Kelvin3476: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2022
Laple0541:
His name is just my concern, I pray he will not be a Tsunami for UK.

Confused set of people, hence the reason no one should take you guys seriously. BIAFRÀUD today Obidient tomorrow.

AT THE MENTION OF BIAFRA, ZOOGERIANS QUIVERS.
CRY MORE
Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by Kelvin3476: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

The UK will never give you Biafra, because the UK is not ruling over Nigeria, and ceased to make decisions about Nigeria on October 1, 1960, and again on Oct 1` 1963, when we became a republic, and the UK Monarch no longer was our head of state.

The only way you can get Biafra is

1. You take to the bush and fight an armed rebellion lasting over ten years against the government...OR

2.You join a political party, run for the National Assembly, and then get a law passed that would first increase autonomy for states and regions, then another law that would allow secessionist parties to take part in our democratic race, then a law that would allow for referendums...

That is how the scottish people got their referendum...it took then over 70 years of hard work. (They tried armed rebellion, and it failed. Twice.)

Begging a foreign prime minister to give you Biafra is laziness.
U SPEAK TOO WISE 2 BE DIS FOOLISH.
EVEN THE FG LEAN ON BIGA NATIONS 4 HELP
Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 26, 2022
Kelvin3476:

U SPEAK TOO WISE 2 BE DIS FOOLISH.
EVEN THE FG LEAN ON BIGA NATIONS 4 HELP

Oga, i did not call you foolish, so i wonder why you did? That was immature of you. You can disagree with someone without abuse. Thank you

Anyway, most secessionist groups do either of the two.

Revolution or democratic process.

Good morning
Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by Kelvin3476: 11:36am On Oct 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

Oga, i did not call you foolish, so i wonder why you did? That was immature of you. You can disagree with someone without abuse. Thank you

Anyway, most secessionist groups do either of the two.

Revolution or democratic process.

Good morning
SOO MANY OTHERS GOT THEIR REFFERENDUM THROUGH STRONGER POWER INTERVENTION.

ALL THE COMMON~WEALTH NATIONS ARE UNDER THE U.K .

SORRY FOR THE NAME CALLING; BUT U SHOULD UNDASTND THAT I SHOULDN'T WAIT FOR U TO CALL ME NAMES BE4 I RESPOND.
1 DOES IT FIRST WHILE THE OTHER RESPONDS HARSHLY OR LET THE OTHER TO REALIZE HIS MISTAKE.

CALLING SOMEONE LAZY IS ALSO AN OFFENSE.
MAYBE U DNT KNW.
Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by fxexperts: 11:58am On Oct 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

The UK will never give you Biafra, because the UK is not ruling over Nigeria, and ceased to make decisions about Nigeria on October 1, 1960, and again on Oct 1` 1963, when we became a republic, and the UK Monarch no longer was our head of state.

1. You take to the bush and fight an armed rebellion lasting over ten years against the government...OR

2.You join a political party, run for the National Assembly, and then get a law passed that would first increase autonomy for states and regions, then another law that would allow secessionist parties to take part in our democratic race, then a law that would allow for referendums...

That is how the scottish people got their referendum...it took then over 70 years of hard work. (They tried armed rebellion, and it failed. Twice.)

Wise words. but in this part of the world, the people are very foolish and lazy like you said. and the guy who quoted you above, i have no word for him.
Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2022
Kelvin3476:

SOO MANY OTHERS GOT THEIR REFFERENDUM THROUGH STRONGER POWER INTERVENTION.

Not quite.

Kosovo, probably, but that was because EU and NATO did not want to send more troops to 'keep the peace' again...
East timor...yea, but they spent over 2 decades fighting a war...and the referenda they got was part of the peace terms. (Which was agreed to by Indonesia...).

Quebec, Scotland...got referenda by themselves....by taking part in the democratic process, getting the laws passed, and taking advantage of the laws.
Soviet Union...split by mutual consent.
Czechoslovakia...split by mutual consent
Eritrea...they had an agreement with the EPDF...we get to split from ethopia in return for our support for outsting the dictator Menghistu.

Powerful countries cannot do anything easily, otherwise Northern Ireland would have long since left the UK...as per a lot of US folks were backing the IRA...

Secession is not as easy as 'big nation'

ALL THE COMMON~WEALTH NATIONS ARE UNDER THE U.K .

Really, then if they were, they would have sent british troops to stop the Biafran war, stopped the 1966 coup, and also removed Abacha from power....oh that did not happen? Yes, because...NIGERIA is an independent nation, and crucially...in 1963, we became a REPUBLIC....and as such the then Queen ceased to be our head of state, and one Nnamdi Azikiwe became our Head of state.

Yeah, commonwealth membership did a lot to prevent Grenada from being invaded by the USA in 1983...oh wait, it didn't. (And the UK then could only kvetch about it. And Grenada wasn't a republic...).

All Commonwealth nations, even countries like Australia and Canada that have the King as their head of state...are independent. Their policies are not dictated from the UK.

p.s Zambia has a separatist movement in the North, and SA has separatist movements...yet the King has done zero for them, as has the late Queen.

PS. 2 If the Queen could not split off Quebec from Canada, and Scotalnd and Wales from the UK....and her son the King cannot....
Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
fxexperts:
Wise words. but in this part of the world, the people are very foolish and lazy like you said. and the guy who quoted you above, i have no word for him.

A lot of us think that 'big nations' can do a lot..(and yes, US influence can , for example, get some things done.)...but most of the time, big nations cannot order changes in small nations like that.

Secessionism in any country is a sign of a healthy democracy...but successful secessionist movements have to do most of the jobs themselves. Big countries cannot do much, and if it is against their interest, they may even oppose self.
Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by Huracan(m): 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

The best write up I have ever seen..don't mind these brain-dead Igbos
Re: Rishi Sunak Makes First Speech As UK Prime Minister by BigIyanga: 1:00am On Oct 27, 2022
He cant win outside London metro if national elections are called.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends / Comments? Questions? Complaints? Talk To The Mod Here... / Biden To Netanyahu: ‘we Won’t Be Able To Support You’ If You Don’t Change Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.