Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (1130 Views)

Suspected Motorcycle Thief Set Ablaze In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Suspected Thief Set Ablaze In Delta For Snatching Phone With Toy Gun (Graphic) / Thief Set Ablaze In Korina, Benue State By Angry Youths (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Daddyboy21: 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2022
ANGRY MOB SETS TWO ABLAZE IN UYO

Irate youths have set two young men ablaze along Itam market and Idoro road in Uyo city for allegedly stealing a phone and plasma television belonging to one of the Pentecostal churches.

It was gathered that the alleged thief burnt at Itam Junction was caught when he snatched Android phone from his victim but the owner raised the alarm which attracted youths who apprehended him and immediately pour petrol on him and set him ablaze.

An eyewitness Bassey Etim said the phone thief struggled to escape with the fire on his body as his clothes were burnt while his skin turned red but he could not die.

” It was when he was still struggling to escape with the fire that the police patrol team arrived the scene and bundled him to the police station.

” I doubt if he will survive at the station because he was seriously burnt before the police intervened ”

Continuing, he said the plasma television thief was not lucky as he was caught by Vigilante group on Idoro road after he had removed the TV set in the church.

Bassey said the plasma TV thief who was identified as an Igbo man that bakes chin chin, buns, and egg rolls in Idoro confessed that he has been stealing from the church.

He said the alleged thief was caught at about 2 am on Saturday by Vigilante group in Idoro after he successfully removed the plasma TV and called a mini bus driver to carry it to their buyer.

” The Vigilante group intercepted the bus with the plasma TV and he confessed that it was removed from the church

” They called the church pastor who identified the TV set and took it back while the thief was roasted.

when contacted, Akwa Ibom state Police Public Relations Officer, Odiko Mcdon confirmed the two incidents adding the police was investigating the matter to bring perpetrators of jungle justice to book.

” The Commissioner of police Olatayo had warned the public against jungle justice and the incidents are still investigated, “he said

© Isaac Job

Re: Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by grace179(f): 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2022
Criminals act
Re: Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Urheadmaster(m): 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2022
Roasted alive while on illegal duty tongue undecided
Re: Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by kestolove95(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2022
Two obidient down

1 Like

Re: Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by God1000(m): 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2022
Jungle justice is a barbaric act but criminals are heartless.

I witnessed such ugly incident last year, two motorbike snatchers were apprehended and set ablaze, it was hard to watch, I couldn't eat the meat I cooked that day.

We should not encourage mob action, it's a sign of a broken and dysfunctional society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Cutehector(m): 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2022
angry
Re: Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Urheadmaster(m): 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2022
kestolove95:
Two obidient down

Two hard drugs addicts burnt to ashes

2 Likes

Re: Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Creamypie(m): 8:01pm On Oct 25, 2022
For those who sympathize with the robbers, you or your loved ones will become their victims b4 weekend
Re: Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Benz03: 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2022
Creamypie:
For those who sympathize with the robbers, you or your will become their victims b4 weekend
So that should justify them be burnt

1 Like

Re: Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by dangermouse(m): 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
I do not support jungle justice, but u will surely exhibit zero pity for these criminals when u fall victim to thier shenenigans.
Re: Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by padi94(m): 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2022
Na wa o
Re: Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by PerfectStranger(m): 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2022
Na who never fall victim to these hoodlums go pity them. Adiòk anò mmô!

Me wey depression dey knack steady due to debt and bills, instead of stealing I’d rather use the lagoon.
Re: Two Thief's Set Ablaze In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 5:22am On Oct 26, 2022
jungle justice

(1) (Reply)

Police In Rivers State Arrest Cult Leader, Recover A Human Skull And Arms / Nigeria Police Arrests Fake Female Police Officer (2022) / Uk Bank Account Sold In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.