Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,526 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Are There Atheists In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Atheists In Nigeria? (1143 Views)

Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? / There Are No Atheists In Severe Turbulence / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by suraboy957(m): 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
I am one myself but I want to know if there are others out there. Please christians be respectful of people's choice
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Aaronsrod: 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2022
suraboy957:
I am one myself but I want to know if there are others out there. Please christians be respectful of people's choice

There are no atheists in Nigeria. I am anointed and appointed to destroy this people wherever I detect them our country.

Where are you staying at this present moment?

2 Likes

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by suraboy957(m): 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2022
Aaronsrod:

There are no atheists in Nigeria. I am anointed and appointed to destroy this people wherever I detect them our country.

why would you like to know smiley

3 Likes

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2022
suraboy957:
Found this thread today and the moment I saw your post, I thought you might be interested in understand the kinds there are out there. https://www.nairaland.com/7401393/experience-dating-atheist
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by suraboy957(m): 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Found this thread today and the moment I saw your post, I thought you might be interested in understand the kinds there are out there. https://www.nairaland.com/7401393/experience-dating-atheist
thanks
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Aaronsrod: 7:11am On Oct 26, 2022
suraboy957:

why would you like to know smiley
I am doing the Lord's work.

Answer me!

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Maynman: 8:07am On Oct 26, 2022
Aaronsrod:

I am doing the Lord's work.

Answer me!

Tell your lord to tell you?

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:52am On Oct 26, 2022
Aaronsrod:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:54am On Oct 26, 2022
suraboy957:
... Please christians be respectful of people's choice

But they do not respect our own choice!
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by LordReed(m): 9:05am On Oct 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

But they do not respect our own choice!

Which atheist came to your house or accosted you on the street to tell you to become atheist?

4 Likes

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:18am On Oct 26, 2022
LordReed:

Which atheist came to your house or accosted you on the street to tell you to become atheist?

Agege bread, ewa-agoyin, papun-papun newspaper vendor, buy groundnut, ice cream trucks, bank marketers, insurance marketers etc come to our houses to ply their products. Normal.

And this is not the issue.

Respect of opinion means you are aware of a person's opinion and because you know that person's opinion, you then choose to either respect their rights to hold that opinion and leave them alone or choose to disrespect them and trample on their rights.

Which all the people who coming to your house do not know your opinion and can not know before they come to your house.

But in here, it is proven that you atheists are the ones who disrespect our opinions.
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by LordReed(m): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Agege bread, ewa-agoyin, papun-papun newspaper vendor, buy groundnut, ice cream trucks, bank marketers, insurance marketers etc come to our houses to ply their products. Normal.

Respect of opinion means you are aware of a person's opinion and because you know that person's opinion, you then choose to either respect their rights to hold that opinion and leave them alone or choose to disrespect them and trample on their rights.

Which all the people who coming to your house do not know your opinion and can not know before they come to your house.

But in here, it is proven that you atheists are the ones who disrespect our opinions.

Which atheist has trampled on your right to believe?
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:48am On Oct 26, 2022
LordReed:

Which atheist has trampled on your right to believe?

Change of Post! The topic is disrespecting the opinions of others which you atheists are the ones who do it.
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by LordReed(m): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Change of Post! The topic is disrespecting the opinions of others which you atheists are the ones who do it.

You are the one who said:

Dtruthspeaker:

or choose to disrespect them and trample on their rights.

So which atheist trampled on your rights?

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:58am On Oct 26, 2022
LordReed:

So which atheist trampled on your rights?

Off point!

Aside! No be you atheist go judge rights.
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by LordReed(m): 9:59am On Oct 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Off point!

Aside! No be you atheist go judge rights.

Ok so you agree you were offpoint bah? LoLz.

Do you even know what a right is? Tehehehehehehe.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:05am On Oct 26, 2022
LordReed:

Ok so you agree you were offpoint bah? LoLz.

Do you even know what a right is? Tehehehehehehe.

It is sufficient that you are not able counter that you atheists are the ones who disrespect other people's opinions. Case Closed.
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by LordReed(m): 10:24am On Oct 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is sufficient that you are not able counter that you atheists are the ones who disrespect other people's opinions. Case Closed.

LoLz! You are the biggest 'disrespecter' of other people's opinions on here so it's not even the issue.
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:40am On Oct 26, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! You are the biggest 'disrespecter' of other people's opinions on here so it's not even the issue.

Because you people first started it here since 2009 and we all see about 4 of your cockroaches doing it here.
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by SeniorMan715(m): 10:45am On Oct 26, 2022
Na this nairaland i see say atheists full Nigeria spreading their delusions
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Maynman: 10:57am On Oct 26, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Na this nairaland i see say atheists full Nigeria spreading their delusions

Na this nairaland i see the most narcissistic theist been proud that they are basing their life on random books with UNKNOWN AUTHORS

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Wilgrea7(m): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The whole idea of "respecting someone's beliefs" or "opinions" is something i still try to wrap my head around.

A belief is not a person. I respect people to the best of my ability. But how am I supposed to "respect a belief"? Why exactly does a belief or opinion deserve "respect"?

Often times than not, when you theists say something like this, it's just another way for you to say "don't criticize my beliefs". And in which case, I'll ask.... why??

Since when did criticism become a sign of disrespect, or not criticizing something become a sign of respect? If you believe something to be true, and that belief affects my life in some way, then don't I have the right to scrutinize it?

I don't see the point. Beliefs, Ideas and opinions stand and fall on their own merit. It makes no sense to demand that an ideology be immune to scrutiny. That, in and of itself, is disrespectful to human intelligence.

By the way, insult/disrespect, and criticism are two completely different things.

Now, knowing the kind of person you are, I'm positive you'll misquote me, and say I'm advocating disrespecting christians. No. I don't condone slandering of any group just for the sake of it.

Humans are to be respected. It's their basic right. Ideas, and religious belief on the other hand do not deserve any sort of immunity.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by kingxsamz(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2022
suraboy957:

Atheists are everywhere and growing in numbers. But you won't notice because that number is very small compared to those who are religious. Plus, atheists tend to keep their unbelief to themselves, you won't know until they tell you. If you want to meet more atheists from Nigeria, join Twitter. Dem full there.

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by kingxsamz(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2022
Aaronsrod:

You're just an internet warrior.

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Wilgrea7(m): 11:10am On Oct 26, 2022
In regards to the thread, there are a fair number of atheists, and agnostics in Nigeria.

The majority of them tend to be quiet, and not outspoken. The reasons for that vary wildly, depending on your environment, surrounding, relationships, and also the desire to engage with religious subjects.
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by LordReed(m): 11:18am On Oct 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Because you people first started it here since 2009 and we all see about 4 of your cockroaches doing it here.

Change of post! We didn't ask you who started it. LoLz!

You still are the biggest 'disrespecter' and quite tellingly you don't deny it. Tehehehehe!

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by SeniorMan715(m): 11:23am On Oct 26, 2022
The Book you are talking about is Harmonized, Honest and Reliable.
Maynman:

Na this nairaland i see the most narcissistic theist been proud that they are basing their life on random books with UNKNOWN AUTHORS
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:30am On Oct 26, 2022
LordReed:

Change of post! We didn't ask you who started it. LoLz!

You still are the biggest 'disrespecter' and quite tellingly you don't deny it. Tehehehehe!

You did by accusing me of disrespecting others, therefore, I can show that they disrespected me first. Which you have confirmed. So case closed.
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Maynman: 11:33am On Oct 26, 2022
The Chrestian book you are basing your life on, the New Testament created in rome is the MOST DOCTORED AND EDITED DOCUMENT IN HISTORY.
The Old Testament(proper name is tanakh) you borrowed from jews is for Judaism and they still use it while rejecting rome forgery.

SeniorMan715:
The Book you are talking about is Harmonized, Honest and Reliable.

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:42am On Oct 26, 2022
Wilgrea7:
... But how am I supposed to "respect a belief"? Why exactly does a belief or opinion deserve "respect"?

Often times than not, when you theists say something like this, it's just another way for you to say "don't criticize my beliefs".

Did you not see that it is your brother looking for you people who asked it? O I keep forgetting, you people suffer partial blindness! I wonder if you would see this at all. It's the first post, the op himself.

suraboy957:
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by SeniorMan715(m): 11:47am On Oct 26, 2022
Okay sir. Thanks
Maynman:
The Chrestian book you are basing your life on, the New Testament created in rome is the MOST DOCTORED AND EDITED DOCUMENT IN HISTORY.
The Old Testament(proper name is tanakh) you borrowed from jews is for Judaism and they still use it while rejecting rome forgery.

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Maynman: 11:50am On Oct 26, 2022
Should we talk about the tanakh of the Judaism, and how honest the book created by the jews for jews is reliable for ALL to use and base their life on Israelite god?

SeniorMan715:
Okay sir. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Merry Christmas to all Nairalanders / Any Christian On This Board? / The Resurrection Is When The Promises To The Jews Are Fulfilled.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.