Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,374 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? (2576 Views)

Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2022
Good evening folks, this is directed to atheists here. What made you to stop believing in God or what are the circumstances that led to that?
I'll tell mine later in the thread but for now I'm eager to hear from you guys. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Realguyman1(m): 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2022
O
Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by JASONjnr(m): 7:36pm On Nov 19, 2022
It's always their hatred for Christianity....

I've always wanted to dare an atheist...A true one..To go to the North, near a mosque and proclaim his disbelieve openly there....Tell the people that there's no God or Allah...

Just try it....I'd love to see something...

Seun, I dare you particularly...

Modify

Lol...See All of them quoting me and wailing as usual...

Point is, they're scared of getting killed....

But I want the people that knows how to cut neck to send you to go meet their Allah with lots of virgins, so you'd believe that there is a life after here....

By then, you must have been rotting in hell...
Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Maynman: 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2022
Davidtalo1:
Good evening folks, this is directed to atheists here. What made you to stop believing in God or what are the circumstances that led to that?
I'll tell mine later in the thread but for now I'm eager to hear from you guys. Thanks

Exactly, “belief”.
Believing” in something would be for something that cannot be necessarily proven.
Believing in something doesn't make it real.
Believing is like conjecture. You cannot prove it, it's just a thought that you firmly think to be true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Maynman: 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2022
JASONjnr:

I've always wanted to dare an atheist...A true one..To go to the North, near a mosque and proclaim his disbelieve openly there....Tell the people that there's no God or Allah...

A Christian that dare to say yahweh Israelite god is the only god was roasted, i wonder why her deity didn’t save her.

7 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by WibusJaga: 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2022

One may try to rationalise not believing in Christianity, Islam, Hindu or other religions.
But take a look at everything around you & you can't deny the existence of (a) master designer(s) behind the scenes.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Maynman: 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
WibusJaga:

One may try to rationalise not believing in Christianity, Islam, Hindu or other religions.
But take a look at everything round you & you can't help but acknowledge the existence of a master designer behind the scenes.
Why not master designers?

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by peterincredible: 8:52pm On Nov 19, 2022
I am not a Christian neither an atheist but I am just a seeker/researcher who like to study religions,acient civilizations and history,traditions of various cultures,occult sciences and findings from research and archeology and with my little years of research I came to understand one thing which is very important and that is that u can never ever ever separate spirituality from science in fact the so called spirituality is just in unproven science which in years to come will be proven

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by peterincredible: 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2022
WibusJaga:

But take a look at everything around you & you can't deny the existence of a master designer(s) behind the scenes.
this is the rubbish most Christians say to people who don't believe in their religion but come to think of it if we human can cross bride dogs, donkey and horse to give another species,
Tiger and lion to give liger and other things don't you think that we can be a cross bride from other planetary beings or do you really think in just this milky way galaxy with more than 50 billion starts just like the sun and planets orbiting those starts don't you think that we have more than 400 percent possibility that we will find more than 10 species of being s who are Satient and logical even more logical than us(humans)

Or do you really think we humans are the only beings existing in this cosmos?

The funny things is hunduism and most ancient practice all believe that every things in this cosmos is God meaning he is not some dude some where watching over us think of God as a being and the universe,the moon's,galaxies,stars and planets and we humans,snakes,rats,magorts,mosquitos as the cells make up of the whole(God) he is not separate from us(designer or master planner or whatever u call it)

3 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2022
JASONjnr:

Questions, if we do this would Allah strike us dead? or would it be it's believers that would do the killing? if it's the latter how does that prove anything? What it'd prove is that we're most likely right, no God does anything by itself.

it's humans doing everything and crediting it to some god. it's humans that tell you there's some god, it's humans that tell you what this God wants and doesn't want, it's humans that build gigantic edifices and call it "house of God", it's humans that mount loud speakers so the "word of God" humans are about to tell you can be louder. it's humans that get offended when you insult their most powerful god. it's humans that would kill you for blaspheming their god. it's almost as if humans are the real gods

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by hopefulLandlord: 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
WibusJaga:

But take a look at everything around you & you can't deny the existence of a master designer(s) behind the scenes.

who designed the designer?

9 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2022
You're all diverting the topic please,
Let's get back on track and continue according to the topic
Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2022
Religious guys here, well you're all mostly guys. Don't you guys just get tired of you know trying to argue it out with anyone who doesn't believes in what you do? Like look around you've got your types around you. Go to them, and let the others continue their conversations in peace. 99% of naira land posts in religion is for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2022
Maynman:

Exactly, “belief”.
Believing” in something would be for something that cannot be necessarily proven.
Believing in something doesn't make it real.
Believing is like conjecture. You cannot prove it, it's just a thought that you firmly think to be true.
What led to that realization?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by JASONjnr(m): 5:46am On Nov 20, 2022
Maynman:

A Christian that dare to say yahweh Israelite god is the only god was roasted, i wonder why her deity didn’t save her.

You've been picking on Christianity since your creation...

This shouldn't be a problem....

What I want to understand is why you guys are very bold to talk nonsense about Christianity in Christians states and we overlook and leave the fight for Almighty God to fight for himself....

Yet you said there's no God and by that you mean there's no Allah, So why haven't you people go to Islamic states in be talking this and let's see if you will be spared.

At least, as Christians, we've been preaching even in Muslims states. If they kill us, we don't fight back. Now, atheist should try it.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by JASONjnr(m): 5:50am On Nov 20, 2022
Maynman:

This isn't alien to us....

This killings has made Christianity get preached into different countries by God's grace, we will keep expanding the gospel.

Now, you people should get out of your keyboards and begin to go around preaching to people that there's no God.

While doing that, start from the core North ....

If you're scared of getting killed, then you're scared of facing the very heaven you don't believe exist..
Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Maynman: 7:08am On Nov 20, 2022
Davidtalo1:

What led to that realization?

What realization?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Maynman: 7:09am On Nov 20, 2022
JASONjnr:

This killings has made Christianity get preached into different countries by God's grace, we will keep expanding the gospel.

Now, you people should get out of your keyboards and begin to go around preaching to people that there's no God.

If you're scared of getting killed, then you're scared of facing the very heaven you don't believe exist..

Why don’t you also go and preach there, since you don’t fear getting killed.

5 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Maynman: 7:10am On Nov 20, 2022
JASONjnr:

You've been picking on Christianity since your creation...

This shouldn't be a problem....

What I want to understand is why you guys are very bold to talk nonsense about Christianity in Christians states and we overlook and leave the fight for Almighty God to fight for himself....

Yet you said there's no God and by that you mean there's no Allah, So why haven't you people go to Islamic states in be talking this and let's see if you will be spared.

At least, as Christians, we've been preaching even in Muslims states. If they kill us, we don't fight back. Now, atheist should try it.

There’s also no brahma, no ogun or osun.
Atheism rejects all deities including your yahweh.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by frank317: 7:14am On Nov 20, 2022
JASONjnr:

Like.. Go get our selves killed, like they have been killing you guys, because i think and irrelevant God does not exist? Everyone must not be foolish na

5 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by JASONjnr(m): 7:14am On Nov 20, 2022
Maynman:

Why don’t you also go and preach there, since you don’t fear getting killed.
We've been preaching there....Go there and 6ou will see churches.....

But I am yet to see atheists preach this nonsense of no God over there ..
Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Maynman: 7:16am On Nov 20, 2022
JASONjnr:

We've been preaching there....Go there and 6ou will see churches.....

But I am yet to see atheists preach this nonsense of no God over there ..

Why don’t you go and preach there yourself ?
Are you personally scared?

Atheism don’t have to justify anything because we are not making any claims. Theists are and they would have to provide the objective evidence to back those claims up. As long as they fail to do so, and they have been failing to do so for millennia, we reject their claims. That’s what atheism is about not,“preaching”.

5 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by JASONjnr(m): 7:17am On Nov 20, 2022
frank317:

Like.. Go get our selves killed, like they have been killing you guys, because i think and irrelevant God does not exist? Everyone must not be foolish na

You don't even believe on your own preachings.....

Why do you hide to spill trashy things about people's religion? Why can't you just say you don't belong to any religion than criticize what we do and why is your voice so loud on Christianity than Islam...
Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by JASONjnr(m): 7:19am On Nov 20, 2022
Maynman:

Why don’t you go and preach there yourself ?
Are you personally scared?

Atheism don’t have to justify anything because we are not making any claims. Theists are and they would have to provide the objective evidence to back those claims up. As long as they fail to do so, and they have been failing to do so for millennia, we reject their claims. That’s what atheism is about not “preaching”.

You're not intelligent...

You're not making any claim? You claim there's no God.. You're putting much efforts to proof that there's no God and you say you're not making any claim?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Maynman: 7:22am On Nov 20, 2022
JASONjnr:

You're not intelligent...

You're not making any claim? You claim there's no God.. You're putting much efforts to proof that there's no God and you say you're not making any claim?

You are a dullard like your yahweh.

Atheism is the disbelief in gods.
Which of the gods are you talking about? Yahweh brahma? Ogun? We reject them all!

Why is there no unicorn/leprechaun/Nessie/bigfoot/yeti??

It’s you making claims of your deities and we reject it!

Why don’t you go and preach personally in core north, are you scared?
Your yahweh will welcome you to heaven na, or you also don’t believe in the fairy tale?

4 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by triplechoice(m): 7:35am On Nov 20, 2022
JASONjnr:

Can you as a Christian go near a mosque in the core Northern part of Nigeria and loudly proclaim that "Jesus is the only way", and tell them all Muslims are going to hell since they're not worshipping the true God?

8 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by ReacherSaidNoth: 7:39am On Nov 20, 2022
I reached the age of reason and I also have to thank the brilliant atheists and not so brilliant theists on nairaland whose arguments made me think.

When I hear christians speak it is now so obvious that they are unable or unwilling to reason.

6 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by paradiseadams: 8:26am On Nov 20, 2022
I read the bible

2 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:08am On Nov 20, 2022
My deconversion story is a really long one...

But to sum it up, it all started with one question, which led to another question, which led to a plethora of questions.

And it also wasn't a sudden or overnight thing. I first went from being a fundamentalist Christian, to a more liberal kind, and then to a Christian deist, before finally becoming “agnostic"

5 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:11am On Nov 20, 2022
JASONjnr:

This is by far the least smartest thing I've seen on nairaland in a while.

So you want atheists to undergo a sort of test by deliberately putting themselves in a situation where death is pretty much guaranteed?

Like... What purpose exactly would that serve?

If a geographical region silences opposing voices, it doesn't invalidate the voice in any way. So your challenge falls flat here.

8 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:27am On Nov 20, 2022
JASONjnr:

Before hatred for Christian was when they real eyesed that God meant His Word when He Said He does not listen to sinners, which of course He did when they were young but they did not know that there is a day that cometh when He shall cast them out and never speak nor listen to them!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:29am On Nov 20, 2022
Maynman:

Because, it is not a problem exactly like burning a Camry thinking that Mr. Toyoda would not be able to bring it back to life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It Is A Miracle - A Miracle Happened To Me Today - Jesus Is Real And Very Great / Shiloh 2009- A Great Sucess. / How Do You Feel About God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.