Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

FLOOD: My Experience Traveling From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FLOOD: My Experience Traveling From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt (809 Views)

Commuters Use Rope To Wade Through Flooded Road In Bayelsa To Link Rivers State / My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) / Daring Experience Traveling By Boat From Eagle Island PH: Pics & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FLOOD: My Experience Traveling From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt by BigBen23(m): 2:55am On Oct 26, 2022
Two weeks ago, the company I'm working as a contract staff under SPDC was called back for the completion of the project we have at hand. Everyone was happy to go back to work after a long while at home.
We came in to Bayelsa few days and the news of flood came me. Shell stopped every project at hand except ours due to how our HSE crew were able to convinced them on how safe we were working under the conditions stating that the flood won't have any effect on us.
We kicked off the project and work was going smoothly. On a particular day, we left our hotel for work, coming back in the evening, every part of the hotel environment had been covered with flood. We manage to go in and go out but as the day goes by, it kept on increasing that everyone downstairs had to relocate to the up. Few days on, we can't leave the hotel without the help of the safe loader and subsequently, we introduced the help of canoe. That was how we were able to move until we ran out of materials which were to be brought from Port Harcourt. But then, there was no possible ways to transport the heavy materials from PH to BY so many of us had to be demobilized due to lack of work progress and heavy expenses in hotel.

The video below was my experience coming back from BY to HP
Less I forget, on a normal day, you spend nothing less than #1500 traveling from Bayelsa to Port Harcourt that's if you really want to get too comfortable in the vehicle, otherwise, 1k is enough but then, each person spent nothing less than 6k. Starting from Tipper to Canoe and many more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uUdqhB35iU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmReoKH5vOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeJ9hKeqq_s
Re: FLOOD: My Experience Traveling From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt by Lakeside247(m): 4:13am On Oct 26, 2022
Too bad. Has the flood reduced and the roads motorable now?
Re: FLOOD: My Experience Traveling From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt by vickyfrancis1(m): 6:37am On Oct 26, 2022
Everywhere dn cast for wee country...
Re: FLOOD: My Experience Traveling From Bayelsa To Port Harcourt by RepoMan007: 7:32am On Oct 26, 2022
Every country in the world experiencing one natural disaster or the other.

(1) (Reply)

How Do Nigerians Survive In Canada!!! / Duration For Student Visa To Uk / African Air Crash Kills 75; 15 Survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.