Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

How Do Nigerians Survive In Canada!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do Nigerians Survive In Canada!!! (815 Views)

You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. / How Do People Survive In Nigeria? / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Nigerians Survive In Canada!!! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
Seriously how do Nigerians survive here in Canada? I just spent over $250 for some groceries and I paid a whopping $2600 a month for rent here in Vancouver!!!!

Please Nigerians living here how do you manage?
Re: How Do Nigerians Survive In Canada!!! by HRprof: 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2023
Opurumiri:
Seriously how do Nigerians survive here in Canada? I just spent over $250 for some groceries and I paid a whopping $2600 a month for rent here in Vancouver!!!!

Please Nigerians living here how do you manage?
Are you a student?
Re: How Do Nigerians Survive In Canada!!! by ednut1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2023
You went to the most expensive province in Canada. You live in a luxury one bed condo 😆. You also shop in a high-end grocery store. This is like going to live in Lekki when Ajah/lakowe dey there . Why are you acting surprised

3 Likes

Re: How Do Nigerians Survive In Canada!!! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2023
HRprof:

Are you a student?

No! I am not.
Re: How Do Nigerians Survive In Canada!!! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2023
ednut1:
You went to the most expensive province in Canada. You live in a luxury one bed condo 😆. You also shop in a high-end grocery store. This is like going to live in Lekki when Ajah/lakowe dey there . Why are you acting surprised

So please tell me where in Canada that is cheap?
Re: How Do Nigerians Survive In Canada!!! by Enculer2: 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2023
People pay way more than that in rent.

Canada is expensive for sure. You knew that before you went didn't you?

How do Nigerians survive? The same say Indians, British and everyone else survives.

Live accordingly to your earnings.
Re: How Do Nigerians Survive In Canada!!! by ednut1(m): 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2023
Opurumiri:

So please tell me where in Canada that is cheap?
Stop trolling. you obviously are not in Canada
Re: How Do Nigerians Survive In Canada!!! by Kenn55: 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2023
I'm sorry but you are asking a useless question.
Except you are a JJC or you didn't do your research well, you should have known that Vancouver is the most expensive city in Canada.

In case you don't know, cities like Vancouver and Toronto are for people with deep pockets or for those who are comfortable living paycheck to paycheck. I never lived in Toronto or even the GTA when I worked there, I wasn't stupid.

Luckily almost all city jobs are now hybrid or remote so you can live in other places and still work in big cities.

What you are asking is like someone earning 400k naira in Lagos and decide to live in the Island and then start asking how people survive in Lagos. People who live in the mainland, are they stupid?

By the way, everywhere in Canada is expensive, but some places are madly expensive than others. Besides, not just Canada, all the developed world cities are all expensive to live in. From London to Tokyo to LA to Singapore etc, they are expensive. You pay for the development, nothing is free in this world.

Let take Naija for example, the most expensive places are the most developed places. This is why Lagos is the most expensive place to live in Nigeria. Even in Lagos, the Island is more expensive than the mainland. Even in the mainland, places like Anthony, Surulere, Maryland, Magodo are much expensive than Ikorodu and Ketu.

Last last, if you want the cheapest place to live, na to relocate to your village straight, you might not need to even pay rent grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Tourist Attraction Sites In Asaba / Uk Embassy Earns £10 Million From Rejected Visas / Here Is An Urgent Gifted Offer To All And Sundry!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.