Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know (25745 Views)

CBN, NIBSS Move To Unify Payments Through National Domestic Card Scheme Read Mor / CBN Unveils Framework To Empower 100 Companies / CBN Unveils Regulation On Bills Payments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:36am On Oct 26, 2022
ndi ala
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by ogatboy(m): 8:36am On Oct 26, 2022
Can CBN just get back to stabilising our currency and leave other matters? Buhari is a dullard surrounded by greedy dullards

3 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by BABANGBALI: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2022
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

*I Need help o..*
*My 8 years old son asked me the surname of Adam and that of Eve. I never reach house since yesterday*����

2 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by karnap(m): 8:39am On Oct 26, 2022
Cryptosystem is a decentralized system that will pull off all of this
Like if pi network mistakenly launched I don't know who will be using all this banks that is full of 419.
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Enimin: 8:40am On Oct 26, 2022
CBN is already loading another round of hardship for the helpless citizens of Nigeria
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by kingmsookwagh(m): 8:41am On Oct 26, 2022
I take Amadioha beg wuna. You people should kukuma leave the visa and MasterCard for us. We don't want any rivalry that would further compound issues. Biko..

2 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by femicyrus(m): 8:45am On Oct 26, 2022
OgaDeyVex:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/561577-what-to-know-about-cbns-national-domestic-card-scheme.html
The man should go and sit down or resign if he can't shut up dishing out his failures
Where is the e-naira now?
He destroyed the naira value beyond redemption after he might left office
Inflation rate is the highest in the history of Nigeria because of all his dumb policies
Now domestic poo?
This man needs a protest for his removal from Office
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by JaskanFactor: 8:46am On Oct 26, 2022
Witnessing the birth of new economy with far more government control.
Where central bank replaces all other banks, and government has direct oversight of all bank accounts.

If its similar to what is being setup in china, you will no longer be able to accumulate wealth, any money in your account will have expiry date.

And your card will only allow you purchase of items the government deems you can have,.

They will bring it in gradually like they brought the terrorists and flooding gradually.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by tnerro1(m): 8:52am On Oct 26, 2022
When will this man’s tenure end self?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Seankhalifa: 8:54am On Oct 26, 2022
Nice one... we have to know everybody in 9ja and dia finance for equal distribution... and pls we need to stop the use of ATM cards.....
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by nedekid: 9:01am On Oct 26, 2022
Velve, value card etc nko?
So it is now they are realising the advantages of nationalised cards?
Dont do as America says and the sanction you. Tell mastercard, visa card to shutdown everybody's cards. You will go to atm, card no go work. undecided
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 26, 2022
OgaDeyVex:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/561577-what-to-know-about-cbns-national-domestic-card-scheme.html

Anything to chop money is welcomed by these guys. But why do I feel that this is a plan to make Nigerians accept e-naira by fire or force?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Bigchristo: 9:04am On Oct 26, 2022
Domif:
It's a welcome development provided it is secured.
this is how you people welcome nonsense into the country, what they intend to do is monitor your spending because it’s domestic card and can’t be used across border

2 Likes

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by BigCowHornn: 9:06am On Oct 26, 2022
KangaIye:
Planning to start another hardships for their families angry

Lol, you don't wanna go stand in another long line for several days and then get your card hacked in a few minutes grin grin grin grin

You never see panic until you get a new card on Monday and by Friday night you start getting alerts for transactions on Sporty bet.
100k, 50k, 200k, 10k, 100k... you try to call your bank but no way. You try to block card no way.... and bank won't open till money

Before Sunday your account is empty but the alert still come and you start seeing -100k in red on your account.
E go shock you well. grin

Happened to me once. Since then i never touch anything card linked to Nigerian banks. Their security is zero no matter the card

1 Like

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Bigchristo: 9:08am On Oct 26, 2022
OgaDeyVex:

This is an attempt to stop Nigerians from spending money internationally and also they intend to monitor your spending domestically because the card can not purchase things online from abroad store or get cash from your ATM abroad, those of you welcoming it to be a good thing should think twice them wan finally lock una for cage, it’s a pity

1 Like

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Positivepoint(m): 9:12am On Oct 26, 2022
OgaDeyVex:

Seems every economies are trying to hard to develop alternative to western tech.

Coz the west can use everything against you looking at what happened in Russia when the West withdraw card services.

Thank God Russia had a local alternative and china provided them with international transaction alternative.
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Brushstrokes20: 9:12am On Oct 26, 2022
Another useless venture, just like Nin, bvn, etc...

Good for nothing govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS undecided undecided

Nig urgently needs a SANE AND SOUND LEADER!

1 Like

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by oieda: 9:15am On Oct 26, 2022
OgaDeyVex:

With this, the government will now have full control over its citizens money. As much as the apex bank ought to be somewhat independent of government, it is not. So if presido does not like you, your money can just vavavum! Plus we have seen how the government handles institution and resources. How will they now handle people's money or just the IT infrastructure. Take a look at the National IDs and co. The next thing may be that they will force all banks to use it and not visa cards and then you cannot buy stuff outside the country.
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by wolebest: 9:16am On Oct 26, 2022
zoedew:
End times are here. Come to Jesus now!

Leave Jesus out this matter.

Study the pros and cons first.

New innovations.......
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 26, 2022
Jogs1900:
Good initiative...It's a way of strengthening the naira because as it stands now,master card,visa card and verve cards are foreign owned and the banks pay for their services and products with foreign currencies....Our regular master, visa and verve cards will be phased out gradually.
I pray it's successful.

Is verve foregin owned? Interesting. Always assumed it was Nigerian.
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by meobizy(f): 9:21am On Oct 26, 2022
This time na to quick collect am before penalty dey. With the many end time callers here, only one person pointed it out. This na how Nairalanders go miss rapture, last last.
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Kirkman: 9:31am On Oct 26, 2022
Another wasted exercise. Waste of national scarce resources.. BVN, NIN Why does Nigerian like duplicate identification schemes?

1 Like

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by SleekyP(m): 9:32am On Oct 26, 2022
Harvesting & Monitoring of Data…

SMH
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by edogu(m): 9:33am On Oct 26, 2022
Kayberg:

cheesy
Does Domestic Flights go International?
They're just trying go make sure no one can import with their ATM Cards.
I don't see the possibility of such policy working except it will work alongside with other cards.
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Kayberg: 9:38am On Oct 26, 2022
edogu:

I don't see the possibility of such policy working except it will work alongside with other cards.

We'll see… if Nigeria remains though…
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by gasparpisciotta: 9:54am On Oct 26, 2022
Anything outside providing a credit card scheme for the average Nigerian is a waste of resources

1 Like

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Jogs1900: 10:02am On Oct 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

Is verve foregin owned? Interesting. Always assumed it was Nigerian.
My post has been edited...Verve is owned by a Nigerian company (interswitch)
I still believe it's a good initiative if it will work as planned.Mastercard and Visa almost crippled Russia's economy some months ago when they were sanctioned by the western countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by COMPAQ(m): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2022
OgaDeyVex:

There is already Interswitch and /or Quickteller. CBN should focus on monetary policy and stop distracting themselves

1 Like

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Jogs1900: 10:04am On Oct 26, 2022
edogu:

It will definitely work with other cards....
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by RussellRutherfo: 10:08am On Oct 26, 2022
OgaDeyVex:

They sit in their chambers and scheme out how to prey financially on the large ignorant masses and next push out policies that will benefit them and their cronies while providing very poor services.

I pity the foolishness of poor Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by anthonyuncle(m): 10:16am On Oct 26, 2022
hope it will reduce the costs of maintenance
Re: CBN Unveils National Domestic Card Scheme: What You Should Know by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 26, 2022
Jogs1900:

My post has been edited...Verve is owned by a Nigerian company (interswitch)
I still believe it's a good initiative if it will work as planned.Mastercard and Visa almost crippled Russia's economy some months ago when they were sanctioned by the western countries.

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinmark Group Releases Statement, Says There Is No Cause For Panic / Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! / Nigerian Woman Demands For Her Money From Halifax Bank Cashier In UK (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.