Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,911 members, 7,824,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff (2813 Views)

Confusion At Ports As FG Increases Import Tariff / Phcn (nepa) Turns Umuahia South To Hell On Earth / Problem of PHCN/NEPA: Price Of Electricity Is Too Low (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by Larufa(m): 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2006
According to Newspaper report NEPA is seeking govt. approval to raise its tariffs by 60%.

Why for God seek?
Despite their inefficiency, we are being asked to pay more.

What do u think?
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by diyobdw(f): 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2006
I think we should go on strike(like that of NLC O!! not like that of the nigerian police)We should have a week black out Nigeria or something. Can you imagine paying 10-16k per month from the normal 4k-6K per month? They are better than nepa less power higher bill.

To be serious i heard their boss on radio this morning. He did insinuate the increase by saying the current billing system is not acceptable.

I think we should come up with alternative to PCHN!! Simple! Inverter,solar, genverter (like I read on Nairaland) or go back to the days without them or something.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by Seun(m): 5:27pm On Mar 02, 2006
Source, please.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by diyobdw(f): 6:48pm On Mar 02, 2006
Seun:

Source, please.
how do u mean?
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by Larufa(m): 6:57pm On Mar 02, 2006
@SEUN, check Guardian Newspaper of 22nd Feb., 22 2006 - the editorial.
Also today Vanguard Newspaper-2nd March 2006, the editorial
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by Amimos(m): 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2006
Remember, they re on process and they said untill it becomes effecient. Do not panick. lipsrsealed
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by osteen(m): 1:48pm On Mar 03, 2006
Amimos thats what they all say and be4 u say jack a new bill comes with the new rate. Ask the Official and they will tell u they are not aware of the increase. Na nigar government be that
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by Seun(m): 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2006
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by Hunter(m): 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2006
Perhaps they are asking for money so they can actually afford to build new installations?

The biggest problem they probably have at the momment is people not actually paying anything wink
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by diyobdw(f): 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2006
Hunter:

Perhaps they are asking for money so they can actually afford to build new installations?

The biggest problem they probably have at the momment is people not actually paying anything wink
That is not true!!!
Do you know that people(which includes me!!) paying are no getting any relevant power, what about that?
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by Hunter(m): 7:52pm On Mar 08, 2006
Yes but people not paying for electricity is a big problem I can gather (tapping into the powerlines themselves)
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by drealnoni(f): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2006
if they want more money,then we've got to see better services.cos i think they are worst than nepa- have been experiencing lowcurrent intermittently since they came on board. angry sad
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by Hunter(m): 10:41am On Mar 12, 2006
how can they offer better services if they can't afford to build any new stuff?
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Wants To Increase Electricity Tariff by diyobdw(f): 12:54pm On Mar 13, 2006
If PHCN get paid upfront they sure will still will have issues and reasons why we cant have reliable electricity.
The system need more than money.The people are its problem.If PHCN is run like a proper biz and by forward thinking people things will different.

(1) (Reply)

Free Fixed Odds Trading Guide / Swamp Buggy / It's 6th Gear Revolution In Akure!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.