Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,271 members, 7,836,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? (3506 Views)

Is My Fire Extinguisher Still Good? It's Spill White Powder / How Reliable Are Innoson Buses For Transport Business? / Which Of These Cars Is Best For Transport Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Reelz: 12:36pm On Nov 01, 2022
Carparts888:
As i mentioned earlier , i was in this business for 2 years with 4 siennas which i bought toks. I bought a 2005 sienna for 2.2m then and ended up selling each at about 600k to 700k after the business killed my vehicles and its not like there was not a maintenance plan. Let me advise u from experience, Its not worth it for the following reasons.
1. Cost of vehicle parts and maintenance is on the high side since our currency became useless. Example if u choose to load from lagos to delta with your 7 seater sienna, If u load 10k each for 7 passengers that's 70k and settle park fee(10k), u have 60k left and u buy full tank (10k) , u have 50k and u have miscallenous expenses of 5k for like settling police, touts, feeding etc, u have 45k as profit for that day. If once tyre spoil, that's like 15k to buy grade one toks transport tyre, if one hub spoil that's 15k to change minus workmanship, if steering rack spoil that's 35k minus workmanship. Sienna parts are really expensive now and what u make for a trip will hardly be enough after spending money on maintenance and repairs.

2. Have u been to a public park before? You have to register your vehicle there to load and trust me before it gets to your turn to load again, 100 or more vehicles will load before yours so do the maths(u may only load once in 2 weeks or 3 weeks even if u register with multiple parks). They will also be deductions when u manage to load from that park like some parks will deduct one passenger seat money as their charge or even more. You will pay some Union money in some States yearly before u can pass through if not your vehicle will be impounded and u will pay up to 30k fine.

3. You have no driving experience and interstate driving is a high risk driving that even seasoned experts with years of experience can still have accidents not to talk of u learning now to ply interstate route because you will be endangering your live and lives of your passengers if u are not experienced enough.

4. I don't need to tell you there is high insecurity and so many kidnapping happening lately. You will be exposed to all that.

5. Its stressful. If manage to load u won't leave till your vehicle is fully loaded and it means u may leave late to join serious traffic. Can u handle being in traffic for up to 5hours or more occasionally? Can u handle extortion from area boys each time u stop to dropba passenger at a particular park or bus stop? Can u handle regular police extortions? Like east west road has more than 50 check points placed for extortion and yet the roads are still not safe from insecurity.

Finally, I hope I was able to convince you not to invest in transport business especially interstate. Its not worth it at all and there are other reasons I couldn't remember or have the time to type about it.
Unless u want to risk looking older than yourself at your 30s with bp and stress, I'll advise u look for other safe and less stressful investments.
No business is risk free sir.. you still have to spend to maintain any business and keep it running same as transportation biz. You have a first hand knowledge of this transport biz n I know it's not for the faint hearted.
Let him follow this lead he can still be successful.. who knows he will be the next CEO LIKE GIGM, PEACEMASS, AGOFURE, YSG, etc..

1 Like

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2022
Carparts888:
I took my time to explain to you twice my brother on your thread to explain my experience and why you shouldn't go into it but I'm surprised u didn't even acknowledge my message to you or say anything about it.

Anyway I wish u all the best my brother.

Thank you sir. But am confused now. I don’t know what to do and each day my money keeps reducing.
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by RuneKingThor: 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2022
Onuahia:

Thank you sir. But am confused now. I don’t know what to do and each day my money keeps reducing.
Buy a Uber acceptable car. Stop this sienna thing. A lot of people have advised you here. Listen.
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Carparts888(m): 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2022
Your right in a way but there are some businesses that if u didn't start when the business wasn't common, it will be difficult to breakthrough. For example those that invested in bet naija when it was new are really cashing out(the ones managed well).

Now it's impossible to open a bet naija shop except u buy an existing one from a super agent or direct owner which is very limited because so many people have rushed into getting it and no more space for new comers.

Like transport, the likes of GIGM and LIBRA took a long time to get popular,build customer base and get strategic locations as park.
Too many people now register as franchise with their name so they can load easily (which doesn't guarantee frequent loading because of too many vehicles)

Almost everyone is thinking like u so now the business has casted because everyone believes they can make it easily like GIGM and Young shall grow transport but that's not the case. I have seen a case of someone buying 10 siennas but to load na wahala because too many people have bought vehicles for same purpose and the strategic parks are now so limited that. Most parks have stopped registering new vehicles.

Think of location first before buying vehicle. I struggled with a lady then to get a lease at chicken republic jibowu for 2 years lease but unfortunately she outbidded me. She didnt own a vehicle then but for each sienna that loads at her leased park, she gets one passenger seat amount and to register with her park for that, u pay 30k yearly. So she was making cool cash daily without even owning a transport vehicle and when she started buying sienna's, her vehicle loads first before others that registered to her park.

If u need more advise from my experience u can send me a mail.
Reelz:

No business is risk free sir.. you still have to spend to maintain any business and keep it running same as transportation biz. You have a first hand knowledge of this transport biz n I know it's not for the faint hearted.
Let him follow this lead he can still be successful.. who knows he will be the next CEO LIKE GIGM, PEACEMASS, AGOFURE, YSG, etc..
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by id4sho(m): 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2022
Carparts888:
Your right in a way but there are some businesses that if u didn't start when the business wasn't common, it will be difficult to breakthrough. For example those that invested in bet naija when it was new are really cashing out(the ones managed well).

Now it's impossible to open a bet naija shop except u buy an existing one from a super agent or direct owner which is very limited because so many people have rushed into getting it and no more space for new comers.

Like transport, the likes of GIGM and LIBRA took a long time to get popular,build customer base and get strategic locations as park.
Too many people now register as franchise with their name so they can load easily (which doesn't guarantee frequent loading because of too many vehicles)

Almost everyone is thinking like u so now the business has casted because everyone believes they can make it easily like GIGM and Young shall grow transport but that's not the case. I have seen a case of someone buying 10 siennas but to load na wahala because too many people have bought vehicles for same purpose and the strategic parks are now so limited that. Most parks have stopped registering new vehicles.

Think of location first before buying vehicle. I struggled with a lady then to get a lease at chicken republic jibowu for 2 years lease but unfortunately she outbidded me. She didnt own a vehicle then but for each sienna that loads at her leased park, she gets one passenger seat amount and to register with her park for that, u pay 30k yearly. So she was making cool cash daily without even owning a transport vehicle and when she started buying sienna's, her vehicle loads first before others that registered to her park.

If u need more advise from my experience u can send me a mail.
E b tins
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Carparts888(m): 7:35pm On Nov 01, 2022
My brother the wahala with long distance transport is too much with more disadvantage now o.
If u must go into transport I will advise u buy a reliable car depending on your budget like toyota Corolla, Honda civic or Toyota Yaris and register them on all available E hailing platform at your location like bolt and Uber.
You will get more peace and make more money with less stress, no hassles struggling with area boys and tax collectors, better security than interstate (safety from bandits, kidnappers, armed robbery and accidents that regularly occur with interstate travel), no queing to wait for your turn in parks to load passengers as everything made easy on your ehailing app and so many other advantages. This I advise or u look for other investments.

Weigh other investment options and never ever be in a hurry to invest to avoid making a mistake.

You can send me a personal message if u need more advise or guidance.
I wish all the best my brother.
Onuahia:

3 Likes

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 4:27am On Nov 02, 2022
Carparts888:
My brother the wahala with long distance transport is too much with more disadvantage now o.
If u must go into transport I will advise u buy a reliable car depending on your budget like toyota Corolla, Honda civic or Toyota Yaris and register them on all available E hailing platform at your location like bolt and Uber.
You will get more peace and make more money with less stress, no hassles struggling with area boys and tax collectors, better security than interstate (safety from bandits, kidnappers, armed robbery and accidents that regularly occur with interstate travel), no queing to wait for your turn in parks to load passengers as everything made easy on your ehailing app and so many other advantages. This I advise or u look for other investments.

Weigh other investment options and never ever be in a hurry to invest to avoid making a mistake.

You can send me a personal message if u need more advise or guidance.
I wish all the best my brother.
Thank you sir.

But is there any business alternative I can run without stress that’s better than Sienna?
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by id4sho(m): 6:57am On Nov 02, 2022
Onuahia:

Thank you sir.

But is there any business alternative I can run without stress that’s better than Sienna?
E-hailing eg Uber, Rida, Bolt, indriver
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Onuahia: 8:36am On Nov 02, 2022
id4sho:

E-hailing eg Uber, Rida, Bolt, indriver

Is Sienna not among the cars that can be used?
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Udokaontop7: 1:33am On Feb 19, 2023
Business gurus in the house I need your help. I have a sienna 2004 and I need to be working with it to make 20k daily. What can I do with it to make this amount? Wise advice please!

Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Sirchiboy: 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
Onuahia:
Hello guys! Please I will need your advice on this.

I just finished my Nysc and have some money on me which I saved during this time and want to invest it properly.

I’m thinking of going into transport and sienna 2003 model is what my budget can get.

Please advise me. Is there hope in this business and would I be able to recover my money and make gains? Then how long.

What are the challenges in this business?

I don’t know how to drive so I will find somebody that will run it.

Please advise me on this if you have experience in this business. Thanks.
How much is sienna
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Sirchiboy: 6:52pm On Feb 21, 2023
Udokaontop7:
Business gurus in the house I need your help. I have a sienna 2004 and I need to be working with it to make 20k daily. What can I do with it to make this amount? Wise advice please!
How much did you buy the car?
Re: Sienna Transport Still Good In 2022? by Udokaontop7: 7:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
2.1m

(1) (2) (Reply)

Acura Section / Audi Vs Mercedes / How Good Is Car Insurance In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.