Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt (6468 Views)

Godsday Orubebe: Tinubu’s Records Are Full Of Accomplishments / Umo Eno's Certificate Is Not In Our Records - WAEC / Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:14am On Oct 26, 2022
Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7402172/fire-outbreak-waecs-national-office

The Management of the West African Examinations Council, WAEC, has assured members of the public that all important documents and records are intact after an early morning fire gutted it’s National Office, Yaba, Lagos on Wednesday morning.

It also confirmed that there was no life lost in the process.

A statement by Head, Public Affairs Department, Moyosola Adesina, commended the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, and others emergency responders for prompt response to the situation.

According to Adesina,”WAEC wishes to inform the general public that there was an early morning fire incident at the WAEC National Office, Yaba, Lagos.

“It was swiftly contained by a combined team of fire fighters.

“Thankfully, no life was lost and all important documents and records are intact.”

VANGUARD

1 Like

Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by BuyDomain: 10:18am On Oct 26, 2022
undecided
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by grace179(f): 10:22am On Oct 26, 2022
Good
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Racoon(m): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2022
Nice to hear. If it was a sabotage, then they culprits have lost. WAEC pls take more caution. This is the time of politics and politicians can be desperate.

1 Like

Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Curious345: 10:25am On Oct 26, 2022
Good
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Searchingvictor: 10:25am On Oct 26, 2022
Ok
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Bontafa: 10:26am On Oct 26, 2022
I hope Asiwaju original copy did not burn?

10 Likes

Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by ishowdotgmail(m): 10:26am On Oct 26, 2022
Nigeria shall be great again
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 26, 2022
Yeah

Then again, the records are

1.Kept electronically

2.Kept electronically

3.Kept electronically.

As for money, most people pay for their WAEC via electronic platforms, or go to the bank with their REMITA number and pay that way. And if you are too poor for home internet, the nearby internet cafe has facilites for you to pay up.

The era of someone handing cash to a officer behind a grillie was like so 1970's...

Even when I was paying for me WAEC in the 1990's,...I paid to a bank, and handed the recepit to WAEC via my school.

1 Like

Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by manuelkel(m): 10:27am On Oct 26, 2022
grin grin grin
Which person waec results burn so?

1 Like

Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Angelfrost(m): 10:27am On Oct 26, 2022
I have heard more explanations and read more memos from different sectors in this nation under this administration than the entire pasts regimes combined!

I am not sure I have ever seen this amount of efforts put into giving excuses and explaining failures than the efforts put into actually getting things done properly!

They are always explaining, denying, countering, disputing, dispelling, etc!

So many words, no meaningful progress!

1 Like

Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Freksy(m): 10:27am On Oct 26, 2022
Thankfully, no life was lost. However, the cause of the fire should be thoroughly investigated to dismiss possibility of deliberate act, else, if the cause is what I am thinking, the possibility of reoccurrence is very high.

1 Like

Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Stanislause94: 10:27am On Oct 26, 2022
If it is aso rock now or house of assembly you’ll hear that the 1 trillion naira meant for bla bla bla was burnt down
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by HITsquad: 10:28am On Oct 26, 2022
Go digital...
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Newfoundlove: 10:28am On Oct 26, 2022
Ok
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by PointZerom: 10:28am On Oct 26, 2022
cheesy

So the fire didn't consme anything

Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Bontafa: 10:28am On Oct 26, 2022
Angelfrost:
I have heard more explanations and read more memos from different sectors in this nation under this administration than the entire pasts regimes combined!

Political fire.

Used in order to test the new fire service vans
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Brendaniel: 10:29am On Oct 26, 2022
Thank God...
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by inoki247: 10:29am On Oct 26, 2022
Cause people wey no get O Level too go run go court go colet Affidavits dey use the format...

1 Like

Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 26, 2022
manuelkel:
grin grin grin
Which person waec results burn so?

WAEC keeps its records electronically. That's why one can now go online and print out WAEC results, while wating for the certificate...if the result is needed quick quick.

People, this is not October 1976.
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Angelfrost(m): 10:30am On Oct 26, 2022
Bontafa:

Political fire.

Used in order to test the new fire service vans

My point exactly! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 26, 2022
Stanislause94:
If it is aso rock now or house of assembly you’ll hear that the 1 trillion naira meant for bla bla bla was burnt down

That excuse is not tenable...they would now say that they need trillions of naira to repair the damage.

But keeping money in the presmises? If they are doing that, then all the more reason why we should vote out APC. Fast. Electronic banking has been around for like since at least 2003....
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by manuelkel(m): 10:34am On Oct 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

WAEC keeps its records electronically. That's why one can now go online and print out WAEC results, while wating for the certificate...if the result is needed quick quick.

People, this is not October 1976.

So jamb kept over 30million cash at the office? No banks?
APC are the greatest liars of all time. They might lie about the burnt results if not expected.
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 26, 2022
PointZerom:
cheesy

So the fire didn't consme anything

Probably

Exam results? Electronically stored, or kept in several locations...

Exam papers? Kept in several locations.

Money? Unless the head of WAEC is stuck in the year 1968, electronically stored with the banks.

Admin /financial records? Probably...but nothing a good auditor can't catch...
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Stanislause94: 10:35am On Oct 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

That excuse is not tenable...they would now say that they need trillions of naira to repair the damage.

But keeping money in the presmises? If they are doing that, then all the more reason why we should vote out APC. Fast. Electronic banking has been around for like since at least 2003....
are you not aware of when they said snake swallowed certain amount of money? This government sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Supporters Will Cry Blood After Seeing This Innocent Tweet / No Ethnically Homogenous City In Nigeria Has Ever Prospered / Breaking: Army, Police Take Over River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.