Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,815 members, 7,831,648 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt (6477 Views)

Godsday Orubebe: Tinubu’s Records Are Full Of Accomplishments / Umo Eno's Certificate Is Not In Our Records - WAEC / Farooq Kperogi Questions To Know Where Tinubu’s NYSC Records Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 26, 2022
manuelkel:

So jamb kept over 30million cash at the office? No banks?

That was like 10 years ago...
APC are the greatest liars of all time. They might lie about the burnt results if not expected.
[/quote]

Maybe, but if one can print WAEC results from online sources....whereas in the 90's and even as late as 2005, you had to go to an office to get your result...most results are kept electronically

(And if they don't keep it electronically, they better resign quick quick. This is the year 2022, not 1972.)
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 26, 2022
Stanislause94:
are you not aware of when they said snake swallowed certain amount of money? This government sha

Again , that happened nearly 8 years ago. If JAMB has not changed, then they better start changing now.

Plus, we have BVN, people pay online.

Finally, the snake swallowing story was just a silly way of saying that 'we can't account for missing money'. And they still got into trobule.
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by wupchama001: 10:40am On Oct 26, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7HIlWar7AQ

A mechanic in Edo state refused to collect money from a car owner after fixing her car because she is a supporter of Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi. The lady had approached the mechanic when the car developed a fault, but he declined payment after working on it because he saw the poster of Obi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKAMAskVaFQ
The excited lady took to social media to do a video of the mechanic while he was still working in the car.

She said in the video which has since gone viral on social media: “Good morning everyone, I brought my car to the car shop for the mechanic to fix, so he saw Peter Obi's sticker on top of the car and he said because I am 'OBIdient' he is going to fix my car for free. “Please I am going to put this mechanic workshop address, anybody in Benin, bring your car here, he is a good guy.” Responding, the mechanic said: “Yes, we are 'OBIdient' worldwide.”
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by akaynezi: 10:42am On Oct 26, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:
Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7402172/fire-outbreak-waecs-national-office

VANGUARD

Thank God, I was worried about Tinubu's waec certificate.
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by BABANGBALI: 10:46am On Oct 26, 2022
Tinubu how market?
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by PointZerom: 10:46am On Oct 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

Probably

Exam results? Electronically stored, or kept in several locations...

Exam papers? Kept in several locations.

Money? Unless the head of WAEC is stuck in the year 1968, electronically stored with the banks.

Admin /financial records? Probably...but nothing a good auditor can't catch...

So the fire burnt itself?
Thank God.
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 26, 2022
PointZerom:

So the fire burnt itself?
Thank God.

Well, in the words of someone wiser than me.....wait for the investigation

And if you think that the investigation would be 'compromised'....vote for Peter Obi.
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by ufuosman(m): 11:05am On Oct 26, 2022
Good
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by everythinggirly(f): 11:06am On Oct 26, 2022
Thank God o...
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by sunyaliu: 11:30am On Oct 26, 2022
Thank God o,
Pls check my signature to buy and refill your fire extinguishers
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by NLaob: 11:31am On Oct 26, 2022
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by MALLEOLUS2017(m): 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
If say na ministry of finance now, them for say files containing expenditure of 1trillion was burnt.
Nigeria shall be great again
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by owobokiri(m): 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
But the "safe" is gone?

Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by lukency(m): 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
Who is talking of general record, is your accounting books intact?
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by addexx: 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Kasssandra:
Yeah

Then again, the records are

1.Kept electronically

2.Kept electronically

3.Kept electronically.

As for money, most people pay for their WAEC via electronic platforms, or go to the bank with their REMITA number and pay that way. And if you are too poor for home internet, the nearby internet cafe has facilites for you to pay up.

The era of someone handing cash to a officer behind a grillie was like so 1970's...

Even when I was paying for me WAEC in the 1990's,...I paid to a bank, and handed the recepit to WAEC via my school.

We understand your gospel broda . Then again what we are saying is Nigeria is a country that can shock you beyond what electricity ever will. grin They can wake up tomorrow and say all database in their possession was wiped and lost to the fire.
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by UNDFTD: 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
Bontafa:
I hope Asiwaju original copy did not burn?

LOL! That could be his excuse next time he's asked to provide the original copy of his result from WAEC!
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Linearray: 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Make everybody screenshot this news item keep o! If not politician wey never ever near school gate before go swear affidavit say hin waec certificate done burn "officially" at Waec Office.
Una don hear o!
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by Tejiri09: 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
Emmm YEKIN I sight you
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by tunwumi: 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

WAEC keeps its records electronically. That's why one can now go online and print out WAEC results, while wating for the certificate...if the result is needed quick quick.

People, this is not October 1976.

Certificate is now available though digital certificate program on waec website

1 Like

Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by tunwumi: 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
Linearray:
Make everybody screenshot this news item keep o! If not politician wey never ever near school gate before go swear affidavit say hin waec certificate done burn "officially" at Waec Office.
Una don hear o!

WAEC can produce anyone digital certificate though the newly launched Waec digital certificate program.
Re: Fire: Our Records Are Intact, No Life Lost – WAEC Mgt by phemmyfour: 4:15am On Oct 27, 2022
HITsquad:
Go digital...
They are digital already. Results are stored in the cloud

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Assembly Passes Landlord Tenant Bill / Jonathan May Cancel Israeli Internet Spy Contract / The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.