Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight (39043 Views)

Army Investigates Video Of Soldier Assaulting Lagos Motorist / Masked Gunmen Murder Globacom Staff In Lagos (Photo) / Man Parks His Jeep & Bathes On Lagos Street In Broad Daylight (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by 579haamid: 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2022
Tinubu has turned Lagos from a rotten situation to a very bad one Tinubu has turned Lagos from a rotten situation to a very bad one ...
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by samfrancis1(m): 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Tinubu urchins again! What must be done to end this nonsense in Lagos?
Call your brothers over there to go back to there fathers home.. na dem deh run shit for there.. they do anything for money…
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by bablon20(m): 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hope this is not as a result of the alaba market that is closed, people are already taking to kidnapping as means of livelihood, I hope they are caught in no time soon.
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
DevilSignature:
angry

Bola Ahmed Tunibu boys at work, and we know. The crime the victim committed that warrant this may not be unconnected to him being an Igbo man and support for Peter Obi the incoming president.

Tribal jingoist !!! Shebi, Ifeanyi Uba that was almost assassinated in the (y)east is not an Igbo man? Creating more enemies for your region.
People like you are the major problem of Obi's candidacy.
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by afrika4real(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed Tinubu urchins again! What must be done to end this nonsense in Lagos?
do the same thing you did to spot the unknown gunmen in the east
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by 43Ronin: 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
Ehen so bandits have entered the safe lagos? There's no how lagos with all the hundreds if billionaires will not be victim of this kidnapping thing. Lagos is the next terrorist haven.
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by 1972xy: 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
Check them out.....
They are ipob men turned kidnappers.
It is high time Opc woke up from slumber and defend our land.
This is what Obi is importing from his abroad trip.
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by Blitzerz: 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2022
noskcid:
For Lagos wey choke with traffic like this?

That man get shady deal
Soon you will have shady deal.... Dont worry.

Rain doesnt fall on only one roof
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by osazsky(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://punchng.com/masked-gunmen-abduct-lagos-motorist-in-broad-daylight/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1666787132
cowards...if na Benin.. the whole bike men for Benin go chase that car till fuel finish...u cant try this in Edo and just zoom off..something similar to this happened last week at my shop they were all caught.. no wonder if Tinubu say make them open mouth them go open am down close eye begin they wait make poo drop inside then they bow and say thank u sir.. Tinubu : Next

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by Moymoy: 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Tinubu has turned Lagos from a rotten situation to a very bad one tongue

I tell you.
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by Vintage100(m): 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
From the narration, it looks like the kidnapped victim and the abductors have scores to settle. It may not be a random kidnapping
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by Revolva(m): 10:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
AFRICANJAMAICA:
Ok

This is a fake newS,to tarnish d good govt of our darling daddy..
APC is heavenly sent..
With d coming of tinubu and shetimma,nigeria will be like qatar and dubai....

You be Eeddiot. May ur generation beg for food

Goat
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by juman(m): 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
Lagos is safe.
The kidnappers will be certainly be arrested very soon.
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by stacyadams: 10:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
juman:
Lagos is safe.
The kidnappers will be certainly be arrested very soon.
...u mean Niger police picking up any body walikng in the street and tagging them criminals grin
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by francium001: 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2022
The news is very legit, just that the affected family don't want to make it public because of that man's status
AFRICANJAMAICA:
Ok

This is a fake newS,to tarnish d good govt of our darling daddy..
APC is heavenly sent..
With d coming of tinubu and shetimma,nigeria will be like qatar and dubai....
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by onatisi(m): 10:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
as long as APC still remains in power in Lagos state, the security of lives and property will always be worthless.
people in Lagos already see violence as a means of getting into the governor's office and moving with the high and mighty in Lagos state

everythinggirly:
Omg! Insecurity is now a major problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by Enimin: 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
[quote author=Maxymilliano post=117892204]

https://punchng.com/masked-gunmen-abduct-lagos-motorist-in-broad-daylight/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1666787132[/quote

Right here in Tinubu's Lagos that he built.from scratch o

Where are the zombie urchins they need to invite Inspector Fashola tomorrow morning. He will come and discover the camera that has all the solution to this daylight kidnapping inside it. This is child's play compared to his exploit at Lekki toll gate.
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by Enimin: 11:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
Richy4:
What is the use of snapping the car that belonged to the victim instead of capturing the number plate of the kidnappers or at least what one of the kidnapper looked like

Nigerians are low IQ human beings

1 Like

Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by francium001: 11:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
Exactly my thoughts, he knows they want money (which he probably has in billions of naira) and I believe he might pay the ransom, but if it's business rivalry or opposition he might not make it out alive
gbengaeed:

The way they are jubilating shows they are those people that pray and look for bad news in Lagos and southwest. Base on the write up here it seem the man knew the kidnapper hence he refuse to come down from his car knowing that they wouldn't shoot him.
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by francium001: 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
You probably may not be far from the truth
Vintage100:
From the narration, it looks like the kidnapped victim and the abductors have scores to settle. It may not be a random kidnapping
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by abokikhalifa: 11:18pm On Oct 26, 2022
Simon ekpa said it the other day that IPOB are now in Lagos. Be like say na true o. But Tinubu will deal with them, that I'm sure of.
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by ArcFresky(m): 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
Asgard73:
Tinubu’s Lagos ..

Na Lagos Na..

Na only when e reach your person you go know.

Vote Tinubu for President and see Tinubu rapture in Lagos .

D truth is Lagos is far safer than Anambra, and Even Rivers state.

Why the Bias and hate towards tinubu?
I think its just jealousy
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by Asgard73: 11:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
ArcFresky:

D truth is Lagos is far safer than Anambra, and Even Rivers state.

Why the Bias and hate towards tinubu?
I think its just jealousy

Lagos safe.. I know.. but e Dey happen.

Na God for dey keep all of us..
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by DantataJR: 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://punchng.com/masked-gunmen-abduct-lagos-motorist-in-broad-daylight/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1666787132
With recent bad events happening in Nigeria, una sure say US embassy don get update to move before Nigerians grin
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by Panda7(m): 12:34am On Oct 27, 2022
···
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by AlphaTaikun: 12:57am On Oct 27, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Let them keep deceiving us that Lagos doesn't need amotekun and Lagos is safe, playing politics with human lives. God will judge those supporting these liars.

What we face in Lagos daily is bizarre. Armed robbers operating in traffic and nobody challenges them. God saved my life one evening at pen cinema area of agege when coming from omole side around 9:30pm. He wanted pulling his gun from his pocket and I zoomed off at the slightest opportunity. There was a police station close by, but they did nothing. I learnt they've been operating there for long. My brother was coming from apapa one morning and these guys pointed a gun at him. Motorists were just trying to find an escape route on sighing them. My brother refused to open the door of his vehicle as instructed. Suddenly traffic became clear and he zoomed off. Don't go to lekki axis at night if you like yourself. Don't pass 3rd mainland bridge around 11pm and if you must risk it, speed like commando and don't stop, even if you hear any sound in your tyre. If you must enter a BRT, don't enter a nearly empty one, especially at night. Some of their drivers are complicit. I remember the poor pretty girl murdered inside the BRT bus by the driver and her body was dumped by the roadside. Thanks to the whatsapp conversation between her and a family member, when she began to see strange moves inside the BRT bus. The driver wouldn't have been nabbed. Many had gone in same manner unnoticed.

Lagos needs help and help is comimg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by AlphaTaikun: 1:00am On Oct 27, 2022
Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by anonimi: 2:15am On Oct 27, 2022
owobokiri:
With the attack on Ifeanyi Uba and Apostle Suleiman, it's starting to look like the days of Abacha and Sgt Rogers are back again. This was how Bola Ige, Harry Marshal and Dokubo them were killed under Obasanjo and nothing happened. Whenever these very vile and brutal ex military officers masquerading as vintage civilians are in power, it's bloodletting, massacres and brutality all over the place.

Don't forget how Funsho Williams was killed in 2006 also. How could political neophyte Fashola have won in 2007 to do a-looter continua for Thiefnuibu's stealing and incompetence if Engr. Funsho Williams was alive?
Which politicians benefitted most from the killing of Bola Ige in 2001 and Funsho Williams in 2006

chino11:
You were the governor of Oyo State at the time Chief Ajibola Ige was murdered. What was your experience then?
It was a bitter experience. That very day was a Sunday. It was the day we had our Christmas carol at the Government House. It was a norman Sunday; everything was going on fine. The carol came and went from 4:15 to 6:00pm that day. And then everybody dispersed. As if I got a signal of what was coming, my speech that day was centred on security in Oyo State. I called on the Commissioner of Police and the Inspector General of Police to strengthen security in Oyo State because an old school mate, Engineer Adegeebo, had been assassinated near his house in Bodija a week earlier.

Every cleric went home and I retired to Government House. I played for some time. Then I went to my room to treat some files. I was doing that when suddenly the phone rang. It was land line we were using then. The operator said that somebody wanted to speak with me. Then I picked the call and it was a brother to my deputy. He said he was asked to tell me that Chief Bola Ige had been shot by some unknown assassins. I was confused immediately. I didn’t know what to do. But later I regained my strength and quickly went down without telling my wife what was happening. It was 9:55 pm. I sent for my PS because all the ADC and other security staff had gone to their places of abode. I told him to drive me in one of the private cars. Inside the car, I told him that Uncle Bola Ige had been shot by some gunmen, that I was going to check him at Catholic Hospital, Oluyoro. The man who informed said Ige was taken to Oluyoro.

The place I have been treading for over 60 years, I remember that I lost my way. I was just going round and round until I gained my consciousness again. Immediately the gateman saw me, he quickly opened the gate. There, we saw Uncle Dele Ige, who was already rolling on the ground. I went straight to the room where Bola Ige was lying. I saw marks of bullets on his body. He slept with his face up. He was somehow breathing but the breathing was abnormal. I saw where the bullet penetrated on the left side. I saw it myself. Uncle Bola Ige was wearing shirt and trousers. And I saw Muyiwa standing by the side of the bed. He was wailing. He appealed to me, saying: ”Uncle, please tell the doctor to wake up my Daddy. Tell him. The doctor can do it.” Then, I approached the doctor and asked him the situation. The doctor called me to one side and told me that he was dead. He said: “Sir, Your Excellency, Uncle is gone. There is nothing we can do. They shot him straight in the heart. He asked me not to tell Muyiwa.

I almost betrayed my emotion when I got back into the room where Uncle was lying with Muyiwa beside his bed. I just quickly gathered myself and told Muyiwa that I was going to see the head of the hospital. That was how I bolted away. I came back to the Government House to inform Mr. President, who was Obasanjo at that time.

By the time I was going upstairs to my room, to try and tell Operator to phone Mr. President for me, the phone was already ringing. When I got into my room, it was still ringing. I quickly picked it up and it was Obasanjo.
He the Operator said the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria wants to talk to you. Then I asked him to put him on.
The question Obasanjo just asked was: “Is he certified dead?” I said: “Yes sir.” Then he dropped the phone. That was all. That was my experience. I can never forget that experience.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/30983-obasanjo%2C-pdp-knew-about-ige%26%23039%3Bs-death%E2%80%94lam-adesina.html

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by anonimi: 2:21am On Oct 27, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Let them keep deceiving us that Lagos doesn't need amotekun and Lagos is safe, playing politics with human lives. God will judge those supporting these liars.

What we face in Lagos daily is bizarre. Armed robbers operating in traffic and nobody challenges them. God saved my life one evening at pen cinema area of agege when coming from omole side around 9:30pm. He wanted pulling his gun from his pocket and I zoomed off at the slightest opportunity. There was a police station close by, but they did nothing. I learnt they've been operating there for long. My brother was coming from apapa one morning and these guys pointed a gun at him. Motorists were just trying to find an escape route on sighing them. My brother refused to open the door of his vehicle as instructed. Suddenly traffic became clear and he zoomed off. Don't go to lekki axis at night if you like yourself. Don't pass 3rd mainland bridge around 11pm and if you must risk it, speed like commando and don't stop, even if you hear any sound in your tyre. If you must enter a BRT, don't enter a nearly empty one, especially at night. Some of their drivers are complicit. I remember the poor pretty girl murdered inside the BRT bus by the driver and her body was dumped by the roadside. Thanks to the whatsapp conversation between her and a family member, when she began to see strange moves inside the BRT bus. The driver wouldn't have been nabbed. Many had gone in same manner unnoticed.

Lagos needs help and help is comimg.

Lagos Amotekun will be populated with the agberos that MC Oluomo controls for Thiefnuibu.
Do you suppose that Lagosians are as smart as Edo & Osun people who rejected Emilokan EscoBat JagaBandit?

Francis5:

Nigeria’s Next Leader’s Ties to a Heroin Ring

Former Lagos provincial governor Bola Tinubu, affectionately nicknamed the Jagaban, is today seen as a shrewd if not “deeply Machiavellian” Svengali in Nigeria’s politics as well as the architect of a hugely successful anti-corruption platform. But 20 years ago he had to forfeit nearly half a million dollars to the U.S. Treasury Department after being named as an accomplice in a white heroin-trafficking and money-laundering ring that stretched from West Africa to the U.S. Midwest.

Although his case has been bandied about the Nigerian press for years, Tinubu’s involvement in a federal drug and racketeering investigation waged jointly by the DEA, FBI, and IRS has gone unreported elsewhere, even after his ascendance to Karl Rove-like status last month. A recent gauzy Financial Times profile of him, for instance, neglected to mention that two decades ago Tinubu was identified as a bagman for two Nigerian heroin movers who operated out of Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. They were Adegboyega Mueez Akande and Abiodun Agbele, Akande’s nephew, who was exposed to law enforcement after selling white heroin first to Lee Andrew Edwards, another dealer later jailed for trying to murder a federal agent, and then to an undercover cop.

In a 1993 court docket from the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois, which The Daily Beast obtained from Sahara Reporters, a Nigeria-focused news outlet, IRS Special Agent Kevin Moss said that Akande had run the white heroin ring in the late 1980s until 1990, when he handed off the U.S arm of the business to his nephew, who had arrived in 1988. Akande then returned to Nigeria but continued to oversee the operation from abroad with the help of others at home and in the United States, including his relatives. One of the individuals identified in his cartel by Moss was Tinubu, then a Chicago State University-educated accountant working as a treasurer for Mobil Oil Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of energy giant Mobil Oil, which was still a few years shy of its famous merger with Exxon in 1999.

In the biography section of his official website, Tinubu is described as having emigrated to the United States in 1975 “in search of the proverbial Golden Fleece with a heart brimming with unrelenting determination to achieve his visions.” This is certainly one way to describe his tenure stateside.

In 1989, Moss said in an affidavit, Tinubu established an individual money market account, into which he deposited $1,000 in traveler’s checks, and a negotiable order of withdrawal account (NOW) at First Heritage Bank in Country Club Hills, Illinois. The address Tinubu gave the bank was the same as the listed headquarters of Globe-Link International, the front company owned by Akande and his relatives.

“There’s a trend of various Nigerian politicians at the highest levels involved in dodgy business deals around the world, in property and cash.”

Bank employees told Moss that Akande had personally introduced them to Tinubu in December 1989 when who also opened a joint checking account with his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, who already kept a joint account with Akande’s wife at First Heritage. Five days after the NOW account was opened, $80,000 was wired into it from a bank in Houston maintained by one of Akande’s relatives. Tinubu would later use the NOW account to buy a $10,000 Certificate of Deposit for an $8,000 car loan, listing Akande as his cousin on the application.

At the time, Tinubu’s take home as a Mobil Oil Nigeria executive was a mere $2,400 a month and he claimed not to have any other revenue streams. Yet he still managed to deposit $661,000 into his individual money market account in 1990 and then another $1,216,500 a year later. He also opened more accounts with Citibank in its worldwide personal banking unit, transferring over half a million dollars from his First Heritage money market account into one of them in early 1991.

Mobil Oil Nigeria told Moss that Tinubu’s role at the company never involved transferring large sums of money between banks and that it didn’t keep deposits in any institutions in the south suburbs of Chicago, where First Heritage was based. Moreover, although Tinubu moved back to Nigeria in 1983, he neglected to file U.S. income tax returns after 1984 despite having sizable, interest-generating deposits in American banks. All of this was enough to persuade a magistrate judge of the Northern District to issue seizure warrants for Tinubu’s First Heritage and Citibank accounts. Collectively, more than $1.4 million belonging to the Nigerian was confiscated.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/27/nigeria-s-next-leader-s-ties-to-a-heroin-ring.html

1 Like

Re: Masked Gunmen Kidnap Lagos Motorist In Broad Daylight by anonimi: 2:28am On Oct 27, 2022
Manson1:
Insecurity everywhere... May God help us...

Amen.
May God help us to shine our eyes and avoid being scammed again by sweet-talking but empty character propagandists like Thiefnuibu who made Buhari president in 2015.
Who will do the enlightenment work required for this

Emergingnation:
Flashback: How Bola Tinubu spoke highly of Buhari in 2015, named PDP ‘Poverty Development Party

National leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu had during the presidential campaign in 2015, referred to President Muhammadu Buhari as the only solution for the security and economic challenges facing Nigeria.

During a mega presidential rally, the former governor of Lagos State recalled how some powerful nations in the world returned to army generals when they were challenged, saying “Major General Buhari would revive Nigeria’s economy”.

He named the current opposition People’s Democratic Party, PDP as the “Poverty Development Party saying they had nothing to offer.

His words at the time were; “Every nation has a period of their own challenges, when America was challenged, they turned to one great man, their ex-military general, General Eisenhower. When the French were challenged, they turned to their general, Charles de Gaulle.

“When Britain was challenged, they turned to their general. Today, Nigeria is economically and physically challenged so we turn to General Muhammadu Buhari. He is the right man for the job. If you talk about military experience, he has it abundantly, he has courage, simplicity, he has it abundantly.

“If you talk about great determination, a combination of vision and ability to perform, honesty and integrity, he has it abundantly.

“I laugh when the incapable government, ‘Poverty Development Party’ PDP were talking. They have nothing again to say, they now want to question the qualifications of General Buhari and look for his certificate”.

Following the manifestos in 2015 which projected the APC presidential candidate as a ‘saviour’, Buhari defeated the then incumbent president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan with Nigerians expecting a total change in security and economy.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/01/flashback-how-bola-tinubu-spoke-highly-of-buhari-in-2015-named-pdp-poverty-development-party/

socialmediaman:
The 2018 Rating by Transparency International placed Nigeria at 148th position out of 180 countries. Nigeria was improving over the years under the previous government, until Buhari got elected as president, things became worse.

There is a difference between fact and fiction. We need to face facts, Buhari is worse than GEJ when it comes to fighting corruption, at least that’s what the facts prove.

Most of us believed there was corruption under Goodluck Jonathan’s Government. I agree with those who did, there was corruption, but not as bad as it is today under Mohammadu Buhari.

In 2012, Nigeria was placed at 139th position, In 2014, Nigeria gained 3 steps and was placed at 136th position. Under Buhari, Nigeria has lost many positions down to 148th.

There’s no further proof needed that corruption has worsened under Buhari’s government compared to previous years.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/02/21/transparency-international-ranks-nigeria-148th-worlds-least-corrupt-country

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple Steals 10-Month-Old Baby In Umuahia / Nine Cultists Arrested In Ogun During Supremacy Clash (Photo) / Man Kills Brother’s Wife In Anambra Over Property Ownership Tussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.